Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ True love ❯ I'll give you a chance ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 8

Suki woke up in a instant, she was cold. She looked over to her balcony, and it was raining outside. She didn't close them, she had her ki to keep her warm. She went over to her balcony, and stood in the rain. Her expression was cold, but sort of sad too. She could see some people across the lake, going by, doing their own things. She just grazed across the scenery. She spotted one person in the cold darkness. Goten. He flew up to her balcony, and stood beside her.

"I think we need to talk.." He said, as she turned to face him.

Suki sat on her bed, while Goten pulled up a chair. He didn't look happy, nor sad.

"So what do you need to talk about?" Suki asked, as she turned her head to look at him.

"Before I get to the main reason why I need to talk to you, I want to know. Why don't you love me anymore?"

"It's hard Goten! You know it is, leaving someone that you may have had a good life with, but them not to love you anyway." She paused for a moment. "As soon as Kakou came into the picture, I had totally forgotten about you..." She drifted off.

"And once Paresu had came into the picture, I had forgotten about you." He said, without hesitating.

"So.. did you love me?" Suki asked, her tone of voice a little higher.

"Yes, at one time. And I do now, but I have one more question for you." She nodded for him to go on. "You do know what will happen in a week right?" She shook her head like she had no idea. "First of all, that's when the double wedding will be, and second of all," He hesitated to say. "that's when the male's will go into heat."

"No! But what if you-"

"My point exactly. I wouldn't want to hurt you like that, that means we have to get away from each other as soon as the wedding is over." he finished.

"But what if we meet up?" Suki asked.

"We could either have two different people escourt us to different places, or you could give me a chance." Suki had thought back to her dream. her dreams have never been wrong.

"I had a dream, about some crazy happenings. And then before I woke up, Kakou told me to give you a chance to love me. So I will give you a chance." She said, as she stood up. Goten had formed a smile on his face.

"Thank you, I do hope that you change your mind." he said, and left.

º*º

It was a day later, not much had gone on since yesterday, until now.

Suki walked down the hall to her room. Goten was standing by her door.

"What is it, Goten?" She asked.

"I had a dream too..." He paused for a second. "But it wasn't anything compared to yours. I had died, but I don't know who killed me, and then I saw you." She put a hand on his shoulder.

"Maybe, it was just a dream-" She was interrupted.

"No! It wasn't! I'm sure of it.."

"Well... then, let's just hope that it wasn't." He looked at her with a look of surprise on his face, then smiled, and nodded.

º*º

Three days had past now. Goten and Suki hadn't seen each other much in those short days. Suki spent most of her time talking with Dawnera, and Amizama. They mostly just talked about their relationships with others.

"But, how could you not love someone like Goten? He strong, sweet, cute, and smart.. well maybe not so smart.." Dawnera said while the trio talked in the garden. Suki was picking some flowers, while Amizama was taking a break sitting on a bench, and Dawnera was standing behind Suki.

"It's because of my promise to Kakou. I promised I would never love another, then he comes into a dream three nights ago, and tells me to give Goten a chance. I don't know what to do, my dreams have never been wrong, but this one seems different." Suki paused, and stood up, sorting the flowers she had picked. "I know that Bulma tried desperately to get us together. And it's probably because of the past, something she knows, that we never knew. And now we know." Suki finished and turned to Dawnera. They both went to sit on the bench by Amizama.

"So, in general, your saying you have mixed emotions." Amizama put flatly.

"Well.. yeah." Suki said.

"What are your plans after the wedding eh?" Dawnera winked, and nugged Suki. She blushed.

"Goten and I are going to make two other people make us stay away from each other, or I will love him." She said with her arms crossed, and with her eyes closed, looking all important.

"Oh I see so-" Dawnera was cut short.

"So whatcha' talkin' bout'?" Trunks asked as he and Goten approached.

"That's none of your business!" Suki said, with her arms stilled crossed. She opened her eyes, and looked at Goten. He was smiling, looking at her. There was a short silence, until it was broken.

"Hey! Were talking about personal stuff over here, so shoo, shoo!!" Dawnera said, moving her hands in a motion, telling them to go away.

"Fine then." Trunks said sarcastically, sticking his tounge out at Dawnera, as the two walked away. Goten, and Suki were still starring at each other, when he walked away.

Maybe, something's are that simple..

When you walk away, you don't hear me say

please, baby don't go.

Simple and clean is the way your making me feel tonight

It's hard to let go..

____________

Bah! This chappie is a little short, but what can you expect. I have to many things to do, and I wanted to get this outta the way. Heh, as you can tell I was listening to "Simple and Clean" by Utada Hikaru while writing this. As I wrote that last part, those same words came through my headphones, and I knew I had to add it!