Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Vegeta's Proposal ❯ 1. Securing Assistance ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Vegeta's Proposal

by Shella

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Chapter One

Vegeta kicked in the door of Kakkarot's house and stomped in. He stopped just inside the entrance and waited, arms folded, for acknowledgment of his presence.

He didn't have to wait long. Hardly had he entered when a blood-curdling shriek rent the air and the picture of fury appeared in front of him, brandishing her deadliest weapon: the frying pan of doom.

Vegeta, however, was unaware of the seriousness of the situation he found himself in. He didn't bother to block her first swing at him with the pan, thinking her too weak to do Him any damage, but not even the head of the Prince of all Saiyans was proof against the awesome power of the woman's frying pan. It connected with his head with crushing force and he staggered, stars dancing in front of his eyes. Frantically, having now learned from his mistake, he ducked her second attack, just managing to avoid the blow. It passed above his head, brushing his hair back. As the ringing in Vegeta's ears faded he was able to discern that the woman was making sounds of some kind.

"…HOW DARE YOU … THE NERVE OF IT … YOU CAN'T JUST SMASH MY DOOR DOWN … TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE … MAYBE AT CAPSULE CORP … I'M NOT BULMA … MAYBE SHE TOLERATES YOUR RUDENESS…"

Vegeta was grudgingly impressed. Kakkarot's woman was almost as loud as his, and her ranting continued for longer than there should have been breath in her body. And her strength was impressive too, with the frying pan in her hand she was almost as dangerous as an extremely weak Saiyan - not, of course, that he would ever let her know.

"…EVEN THE SO-CALLED PRINCE OF SAIYANS SHOULD HAVE MORE MANNERS … YOU'RE JUST AS BAD, NO, YOU'RE WORSE THAN GOKU … THIS IS THE THIRD TIME THIS WEEK ONE OF YOU SAIYANS HAS BROKEN SOMETHING…"

"Shut up woman!" Vegeta snapped finally.

The woman glared at him, but her voice lost some of its deafening volume and Vegeta started to breathe easier. "If you're looking for Goku and Gohan, they're not here. They went down to the creek half an hour ago to catch something for dinner. Now, GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!" she screamed, raising her weapon threateningly again.

"Woman, I didn't come here to see Kakkarot or his brat!"

The unexpectedness of this statement made the woman ignore the fact that Vegeta had just insulted her son.

"You're … not? Well then, why are you here?"

"Because, woman-"

"MY NAME IS CHI CHI!"

"-I'm going to marry Bulma and YOU are going to tell me how."

Vegeta smirked. That shut her up.

"…"

*Smirk*

"…"

*Smirk*

"…"

*Smirk*

"…"

*Smirk*

(This continues for about five more minutes before Chi Chi finds her voice again.)

"You're serious?" she asked incredulously. "You're really going to ask her to marry you?"

"Not ask, woman. Rejection is not an option."

(A/N: Oh yeah, really cool thing to say, Vegeta. *Rolls eyes*)

Chi Chi bristled. "Well, if you're so confident, what do you need my help for?" she asked scathingly.

"Because I know nothing of your human bonding habits. Bulma is a human. I will marry her the human way. You will tell me what that involves."

"Right. Sure. Hold on a moment, I have to sit down." Chi Chi ignored Vegeta's contemptuous snort and lowered herself onto a convenient chair. Her best friend was going to marry … that is, going to be proposed to … by an evil psychotic monkey. Chi Chi had been surprised enough when they had had Trunks, but the relationship that had produced the now four-year-old boy hadn't seemed all that meaningful to either parent. But obviously she had been mistaken…

Vegeta tapped his foot impatiently and the house shifted slightly on its foundations.

"All right, all right!" said Chi Chi. "I'll help you."

Vegeta rolled his eyes. Like there had ever been two ways about it.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Next time: Vegeta loves Bulma, but does he care for her enough to survive -- *gasp* -- a shopping trip? And even worse, a shopping trip with Chi Chi? How will the Prince of Saiyans react to having to take orders, *ahem* I mean, advice, from Kakkarot's woman?