Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Vegeta's Proposal ❯ 4. Returning the Favour ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter Four

The city's finest detective stalked along the sidewalk. His black eyes burned as he searched the area all around for clues to the heinous crime that had just taken place. Even the tiniest abnormality was noticed and examined as Vegeta, Private Investigator, Master Detective, searched for the missing vehicle. This case would be tough to crack - the criminals were obviously hardened masterminds, carrying out an ingenious plan probably concocted by an evil overlord. But Vegeta would solve it no matter what the cost - his ever-faithful assistant Chi Chi was depending on him. The stolen car had been her pride and joy; she cared for it like a son. Together, Vegeta and Chi Chi would persevere, no matter what the odds, to find and return the beloved vehicle.

"WHERE IS THAT HUNK OF JUNK? STUPID, WORTHLESS PILE OF SCRAP METAL! WHY ANYONE WOULD WANT TO STEAL SUCH A CRAPPY BUCKET OF BOLTS IS BEYOND ME ANYWAY, BUT IT'S MY CAR, I'M STUCK WITH IT AND I NEED TO GET HOME!"

Chi Chi stormed down the street, hand on hips, and a furious glare on her face as she searched for her mislaid car. How rude! To steal a poor lady's car, robbing her of a ride home - it was a disgrace! Chi Chi steamed, her eyes sparking angrily, and cast a withering scowl up and down the road as if she expected the thieves to drive meekly up and return her vehicle.

"That's it!" growled Vegeta, to himself as much as to the woman, "I have better things to do than follow that baka woman around looking for her stupid car! I'm going!" Without further ado, he took off and began to fly back to the Capsule Corp, ignoring the woman's screeches of protesting fury. He had had all he could stand of Kakkarot's wife for one day - for a year more likely - and his patience had run out. Time to head back.

As he soared above the city Vegeta's thoughts skipped ahead to when present the ring to Bulma. Kakkarot's woman had told him there was a special way to do it, but Vegeta had tuned out at that point and hadn't heard any more. Something to do with getting on his knee or something like that … Vegeta snorted. Debasing himself like that was out of the question. Bulma would say yes no matter how he asked her. Besides, he'd already gotten the blasted ring and agreed to go through with the blasted ceremonies, how much more could she want?

*That looks like Kakkarot's car* Vegeta thought suddenly, eyeing the freeway below. The vehicle in question was racing along the road at breakneck speed, weaving and swerving between the other cars. Its occupants were yelling and laughing, brandishing liquor bottles and jeering at the other drivers. Vegeta pictured what the woman would do to them if she found them abusing her car that way (A/N: yes, it *was* actually her car. Vegeta's observational skills are better than he thought!) An evil smirk crossed the Saiyan Prince's face and he immediately acted on his thought.

He swooped down at alarming speed and picked up the car, driver, passengers and all, in one hand and headed back into the city. The woman was standing in almost the exact spot where Vegeta had left her, giving a terrified- looking policeman an earful about teenage hoodlums in gangs. When Vegeta landed in front of her with the returned car and by now somewhat airsick criminals, she didn't miss a beat.

"&#(*%#@&)$^!#)$@*&)@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! " (About fifteen more minutes of this before she finally runs out of breath…)

The poor thieves were white and shaking by the time she was done with them. Several sported painful bruises and dents from her dangerous frying pan. Next to Kakkarot's woman, the policeman looked about as menacing as a daffodil. He appeared to be almost as scared as the robbers themselves. Vegeta had stood by and watched the whole thing, enjoying himself thoroughly. When she had finally finished her tirade, the woman turned on him.

"Thankyou Vegeta, it was very kind of you to find my car and return it in such good condition," she said, perfectly polite and courteous.

Vegeta grunted acknowledgment and took off again, going home now that the fireworks were over. He chuckled to himself, remembering with cruel amusement the treatment Kakkarot's woman had given the foiled joyriders. After the dressing-down she had given them, jail would be a breeze.

But as he approached the dome-shaped Capsule Corp buildings, Vegeta's thoughts became serious. He now understood how important this "marriage" business was to Earthlings, and he decided not to waste time.

He would propose to Bulma that very night.

-_-_-_-_-_-

Next time: Time to set the mood a little. Let's just take a bit of a look-see at the picture of domestic bliss that is Capsule Corp, Vegeta and Bulma's home when she's not threatening to kick him out…