Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Vegeta's Proposal ❯ 5. Enticing Interest ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter Five

Bulma stood in the kitchen, trying to cook dinner and supervise Trunks at the same time. The young demi-Saiyan and his best friend Goten were in the next room, engaged in a furious pokemon battle on the nintendo.

"Ha ha, you're toast Trunks!"

"WHAT? Unbelievable! How'd you do that?"

"Duh, your Jynx is an ice-type, dummy."

"But fire sucks against water-"

"Yeah, but it's good against ice!"

"That's dumb as! Darn it … oh well that was a stupid pokemon anyway. And you're not going to win! Go - Raichu! Thunder bolt attack!"

"You call that an attack? Yajirobe could do better than that!"

"Grrr…"

Bulma grinned to herself. *Those kids* she thought fondly, and attended to the roast in the oven. She looked up when Vegeta walked in the door. As always, just the sight of him buoyed her mood.

"So, you decided to grace us with your presence after all? Just in time for dinner, too. How convenient." She smiled at him and he returned the sentiment with a smirk that, unexpectedly, said *I know something you don't know*

Bulma became instantly wary. She and Vegeta had played enough childish pranks on each other for the blue-haired genius to know when she was being targeted. There had been that incident with the tomato sauce and the ping pong balls just the other day, but, like Bulma explained calmly to her father as she ran from the house, she hadn't really done anything … besides, it was an accident… But somehow she knew that Vegeta wasn't likely to see it that way.

"What are you planning?" she asked warily. Her only answer was a malicious chuckle before he walked on through the house and up to his room.

She made a mental note to go absolutely nowhere and do absolutely nothing for at least the next two days. Vegeta may have been the Prince of Saiyans, but he was also the King of Revenge. Bulma's hair had only returned to its normal texture a few weeks ago…

Bulma sighed and shut the oven door, resting in a crouch while pretending to study the roasting dish intently. Much as she enjoyed playing pranks on His Majesty, even being somewhat familiar and, dare she say it, friendly, she kept dreaming of something more. Even though they had a son, Bulma felt that her relationship with Vegeta had lessened. She missed the intimacy they had had, long ago when Vegeta was trying to become a Super Saiyan and surpass Goku. He had never actually told Bulma that he cared for her, but she knew. For just a little while, they had been so right together. But somehow they lost it, and for two people living in the same house, it was remarkable how distant they'd become romantically. And even though recently she and Vegeta had achieved a form of friendship, Bulma longed for some sign of the affection he'd once shown her. She knew for sure that even the smallest gesture would be welcome - she loved him, even if he no longer cared for her that way.

"What the - AAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!! … VEGETA! YOU SON OF A - I HATE YOU! COME BACK HERE YOU … YOU … OVER GROWN MONKEY!"

Furious, dripping ice water, Bulma stormed out of the house, following the evil laughter she could hear ahead. Ice water! When she was wearing brand new shoes! He was so dead! The incident with the bananas and flour had been bad enough, but at least she had been wearing a mechanic suit at the time! This was insufferable! Bulma's wrath didn't ebb as she slowed down and temporarily gave up the chase, but it took a different course. Barely a minute after the initial attack, Bulma Briefs began to plot revenge.

*

"Hey, Trunks."

"Yeah Goten?"

"Are your mum and dad always like that?"

"What do you mean?"

"Being all mean and nasty and stuff."

"What makes you think that?"

"Well, nothing really…"

"You were over here when the glue thing happened, weren't you?"

"Which one? The one with the corn flakes or the apple juice?"

"Either."

"Yeah, I was here for both of them. So do they do stuff like that to each other a lot?"

"Yep."

Goten shuddered. "Dude, your parents are weird."

"Yeah, I know."

-_-_-_-_-_-

Next time: Chi Chi *tried* to tell Vegeta the proper way to propose, but the mighty Prince of Saiyans does things his own way! How will "his woman" take it?