Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Veil ❯ Shadows ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hello! Here is the third chapter. Thank you for the great reviews Hope you like it this chappy!!

Ningen = Foreigner

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ!!!

***************************************************************< /div>

King Vegeta kept staring at Bulma, "You will escort her to the Science department Vegeta."

Vegeta stuffed his face with a spoonful of porridge and nearly choked on it when his father had given him the command, "I will not." He retorted.

The icy look the King gave to his son spoke volumes. Vegeta clenched his jaw and grunted in agreement.

Bulma smiled forcefully, "With all due respect, I already have an escort." She shot Vegeta a dirty look, unbeknownst to the King.

Vegeta quirked his eyebrow at this and smirked evilly, *You better watch yourself little one. It's dangerous playing with fire.*

Vegeta and Bulma had themselves locked in an unknown glaring match. The feelings of hate were just the beginning. Neither knew what was in store for them in the very near future.

***************************************************************< /div>

Bulma and Vegeta were still glaring at each other, when King Vegeta noticed the exchange of deathly glares.

King Vegeta cleared his throat, "Vegeta, YOU will escort our guest to the science department. Is that clear?"

Bulma looked down at her bowl of food, a sinking feeling overcoming her stomach.

Vegeta growled as he looked at his father in a disgusted manner. "Hn," was all the reply he would give. Anger was beginning to bubble up, how could a Prince be forced to escort a lowly and UGLY looking creature as that Chikyuu-jin female?

By now Bulma had completely lost her appetite and only picked at her food, waiting for the almighty 'Royal Pain in the Ass' to finish his breakfast.

Vegeta practically threw his spoon back into the empty bowl and stood up, his features giving off a venomous glow. "Let's go, I don't have all day."

Bulma bit her tongue, trying desperately not to retort that HE had been the one taking his sweet time. She stood up with her head bowed, and bid the King farewell.

King Vegeta sat back on his large seat, finding the actions of his son and guest quite amusing. He called out to Bulma, "In one week's time I shall visit the science department. If nothing has changed, consider your death guaranteed." He laughed cruelly and continued eating

The pace of Bulma's heart quickened as she heard this, she quickly scurried out of the room following Vegeta. His pace was fast and she had trouble keeping up, after five minutes of this she began to grow frustrated and stopped dead in her tracks refusing to budge.

Vegeta continued down the hall, unaware that Bulma was no longer following. Only as he curved towards the stairwell, did he notice that she was no longer behind him. Grumbling, he retraced his steps back to where Bulma was standing with her feet firmly planted on the floor and a scowl gracing her face. "Baka Onna, what the hell do you think you're doing?"

Bulma folded her arms and glared at him, "I can't keep up with you. You're going too fast!"

Vegeta scowled at this remark, "Is it my fault that you are a weakling and too slow?"

Bulma stomped her foot in frustration, "I thought Prince's were supposed to be gentlemen, not egotistical pigs!"

Vegeta's temper flared at the remark, no one had ever dared to talk back to him. In an instance he closed his large hand around her tiny throat and squeezed it, pushing her back against the wall.

"Watch what you say, woman. I will not tolerate insubordination from a low-class, ugly looking wench such as yourself. You are nothing but a lowly servant and you had better treat me with respect or I'll have you in my father's whore house faster than you can say Super-Saiya-jin. Got it?" He growled menacingly into her ear.

Even though it shouldn't have, his words had cut deep. She felt her air supply being cut off and she struggled slightly to get free. Her fingers wrapped around his unusually large hand and she tried to pry them off. "Let go, you're hurting me!" She finally managed to choke out.

Vegeta smirked and released his grip, she fell to the floor on her knees. He looked down at her and snorted, "Pathetic." He slowly began to walk away, expecting her to follow.

Bulma felt her eyes begin to water, try as she might she not stop the tears from falling from her eyes. She let out a strangled sob, still shaken by the fact that she was almost killed.

Vegeta stopped and turned, finding Bulma still on the floor, he growled in annoyance. "Well, servant, are you coming." It was more like a demand than a question.

Bulma held back another sob when she felt someone tugging her arm and pulling her up. She looked up, surprised to find herself staring into the eyes of the Saiya-jin who had brought her here.

Radditz had seen the entire ordeal. When the Prince had pushed her against the wall, he felt a strange anger rising up inside of himself. He had to force himself not to interfere, for that would lead to much worse things for himself and the little ningen.

But as the Prince walked away, he could not help himself. And so he stepped out of the shadows and gently helped her to her feet, he hid his surprise at finding her looking so.. unattractive. Somehow he knew that she had purposely dressed this way, for reasons he could not determine.

Bulma's eyes widened in astonishment at her savior. "Radditz.." She breathed out in relief.

Vegeta turned around and narrowed his eyes. He could not believe that one of his elite guards was helping a lowly earthling. "Radditz!" He barked out, "Let go of that filthy weakling. She does not deserve to be helped."

Once Bulma was in an upright position, Radditz did as he was told and let her go, "Forgive me Vegeta no Ouji. I was told to escort her to my father's laboratory and I came in search of her when she could not be found. If I may by permitted, should I escort her to the labs? That way you can continue your training without any interruptions."

Vegeta contemplated this though for a while and then nodded in agreement, "Very well. I have better things to do than take out the trash." He said this whilst looking at Bulma.

Bulma felt her face heating up at the comment and looked down at the floor, standing partly behind Radditzs' large frame and using it as a barrier against the cruel prince.

Radditz bowed slightly and waited for Vegeta to leave. As soon as he was out of ear shot and out of sight he whirled around, anger contorting his face, "What on Vegeta-sei did you say to make him THAT angry?"

Bulma shook her head, "All I said was that I thought Prince's were supposed to be gentlemen, not egotistical pigs. I didn't say anything else! It's not as if I said anything remotely ruder!"

Radditz found himself chuckling inwardly, his expression calmed slightly, "Next time, do not say such things. They will only anger him further and you're already treading in thin ice. My advice is to stay away from him while you are here, avoid him at all costs and you will be fine." He looked deep into her crystal blue eyes, hidden behind her glasses. He tried not to smile as he noticed the fire held beneath them.

Bulma frowned, making a face. "Trust me, I will gladly not speak to him! What an asshole! I swear if I was as strong as him, I would kick his short behind all around the universe!" Her eyes began to sparkle in amusement at the thought.

Radditz held back a laugh at this remark. "Come, I will take you to my father." He was about to carry on walking when he stopped.

Bulma looked at him quizzically.

Radditz frowned slightly, "I have a question."

Bulma nodded, "Go on.."

"What are those strange things on your head, covering your eyes?" He blurted out.

Bulma blushed slightly, "They're called glasses. It's for people who can't see very well, whether its from a distance or from close up."

Radditz grew even more confused, "Surely you do not need them. You saw fine without them before, did you not?"

Bulma shifted her eyes side to side, "Uh well, it's just a sort of disguise technique. I'm hiding how I really look from everyone. Only you and Bardock know how I really look, please don't mention to anyone else that I never used to wear them before. Or my entire idea for wearing these stupid things will be ruined!"

Radditz nodded, "Very well. You Chikyuu-jins have such strange customs, what with your dressing up in different attire and odd words. My father told me how you taught him the word 'brockfest'. Are such things as meal times worth the trouble of naming?"

Bulma smiled at his naivety, "It just makes things simpler, that's all."

He nodded again and motioned for her to follow him, now remaining silent and reflecting on the beauty she held before she transformed herself. The truth was that he found himself liking the look of her either way. To him looks were petty and frivolous but he could not help remembering how she looked before she decided to dress this way. If he was honest with himself then he knew that he was beginning to become quite taken with the small blue-haired female.

Bulma padded along softly beside him, not finding the silence uncomfortable. She hummed quietly to herself as they made their way towards the labs. The pair were oblivious to the fact that they were being watched.

***************************************************************< /div>

Vegeta growled, he had been secretly watching the couple's interaction. He was not pleased to learn that she had been hiding her true appearance. He was also not pleased at the fact that he was being called 'short' by a female Chikyuu-jin who was shorter than him!

*Could she be more ugly under those hideous things she call's glasses? Yes that must be it! Well then, I shall just have to unveil her hideousness.* He smirked, enjoying the fact that he would have great pleasure in revealing her true ugly appearance in public.

When she had spoken back to him, he was astonished as to become immobile with shock. Not a single person, be it Saiya-jin or alien had dared to talk back to him. And yet this weak, Chikyuu-jin female dared to do the unthinkable!

Though he felt as though he was slightly berating himself for being too harsh with her. She was not accustomed to how things were on this planet, but she would soon have to learn even if it was the hard way. He did not acknowledge it at the time, but when he heard her choked sob, he felt his chest tighten just a fraction, it was as though he regretted hurting her. Shaking his head, he snorted *Pathetic, this weak Chikyuu-jin has me under some spell! Why the fuck should I feel sorry for her!*

He slid out from where he was lurking and continued walking towards his training arena. This whole ordeal was slowing down his training and he was not liking it one bit. Bulma had been on the planet for no more than a day and already she was causing him to act strangely and creating more trouble than she was worth!

Shaking his head he focused on how he would become stronger, for he had to defeat the one person/thing that was stopping him from becoming ruler of the universe. Frieza.

***************************************************************< /div>

Bulma stepped into the large building that was a few hundred metres away from the palace. She thanked Radditz and let him get to his own work, finding her own way into the main area of the building.

After asking a few workers for the direction towards Bardock's lab, she found herself being led to an elevator shaft. She smiled slightly as she noticed an electronic button which was marked 'Lab 1069 Head Scientist Bardock'.

She watched as the doors slid open, stepping in she was startled to find herself standing next to a huge burly Saiya-jin, who appeared to be heading towards Bardocks' lab as well. Feeling slightly uncomfortable, she shifted to the far corner of the large shaft.

The large Saiya-jin looked at the unfamiliar female cowering in the corner. He looked at her in slight disgust, she was rather unattractive. He smirked, smelling her fear. He could also tell that she was a weak creature from her bone structure. He held a few pieces of equipment closely to his side, if she tried anything odd then he would attack her, it was as simple as that.

After a few minutes the doors rolled open and Bulma found herself stepping out into an almost desolate looking lab. She noted that there was not much difference between her lab back on Earth and this lab.

She quickly walked away, trying to distance herself from the scary looking Saiya-jin. As she walked through the large open area, she saw Bardock sitting in the corner at what seemed like a tiny computer.

She smiled slightly. "Bardock!" She squealed like child.

Bardock raised an eyebrow and looked away from the screen of his computer towards the owner of the voice. He nodded and looked back at the screen, but found himself doing a double take. He gaped at her as she approached, "Bulma you look, you look, different." He finally managed to blather out.

Bulma wanted to burst out laughing at his shocked appearance. "Sorry Bardock, didn't mean to give you a shock!" She chuckled at the older mans state.

Bardock felt his ears reddening slightly, "Yes, well, you're here for work. Not to win us over with your beauty."

Bulma nodded in agreement, when the large Saiya-jin from the elevator came up to the pair. Bulma unconsciously stepped closer to Bardock, still acutely afraid of the tall man.

Bardock smiled at the new arrival, "Ah Brolli, you have the equipment I see? Well hand it over boy."

Brollie quickly handed over the pieces of equipment. Grunting an affirmative.

Bulma found herself frowning and staring at the quiet man.

Bardock noticed the look on Bulma's face and took it upon himself to introduce the two, "Brolli, this is the deputy head of our S.D, Bulma. And Bulma this is another scientist named Brolli."

Brolli felt slightly angered to hear that the ruddy blue-haired woman was to be deputy of the science department (S.D). He nodded and quickly escaped the confinements of the basement lab.

The scientist in Bulma began to inspect the pieces of metal and wires. She looked with interest and finally asked, "What have you asked me here for?"

"Weapon administrations. We need devices that will kill entire planets in one blast. And something strong enough to defeat a powerful enemy."

Bulma's eyes widened and she felt her throat become dry. She had thought she was trying to upgrade their technology, not try to create weapons of mass destruction!!

***************************************************************< /div>

It was past midnight when Bulma finally retired the lab and was on her way to her room. She was walking outside, along the footpath that led to the palace. She found herself beginning to wander around, the moonlight from the two moons were so soothing towards her frazzled nerves, she listened to the wind whistling slightly and felt the soft breeze blowing a few tendrils of blue hair across her face.

A sudden noise from the nearby shadows of the trees caught her attention, frowning she went closer to inspect what the sound was. Because it was so dark, she could not see what was hiding in the shadows.

As she neared the tall tress, a figure jumped out at lightning speed and was already behind her and holding her arm back tightly with their hand clamped over her mouth so she could not scream. Bulma tried to pull herself away with all her might, but found the grip of her captor tightening. Her muffled screams came out as small whispers when she heard a gruff voice whispering into her ear.

"Scream all you want, little one."

Her eyes snapped sideways as she realised who the voice belonged to, Vegeta.

Vegeta chuckled cruelly at her apparent fear and misfortune. All day thoughts of this frumpy blue-haired female had plagued his mind, annoying him to no end. He needed to uncover who she really was, and find out why she was hiding.

As he held her from behind, his hand still covering her mouth, he spoke to her in an eerily calm yet frightening tone of voice. but kept it quiet so as not to draw attention to themselves, "I know that you are hiding something, ningen. And mark my words I will find out what it is you are hiding, and when I do be sure to get away as far as possible."

Bulma let a single tear roll down her cheek, the grip he had on her arm and upper body was excruciatingly painful.

Vegeta noticed the bitter tear roll down from the reflection of the moonlight. He was mesmerized by it he had never seen tears before in his lifetime. If he had, all memories of it were forgotten. He let go of her arm, but kept his hand on her mouth, and with his free hand he took the small tear on his forefinger.

He looked at it in the moonlight for a few minutes, confused at what he was feeling. Surely it wasn't guilt?

He let go of Bulma and pushed her away, she whirled around to face him, the anger evident on her face.

Vegeta growled and crushed the small tear on his finger. He bent closer to her ear and gave one last parting message. "You will fear me, little ningen." Obvious anger was beginning to surface, he needed to kill something. He rose up and flew away from the palace in search of a good kill, his Saiya-jin instincts taking over.

Bulma stood still, blood pounding in her ears. The encounter with Vegeta had left her feeling more excited than frightened.

***************************************************************< /div>

A/N: Sorry for the delay, how did you guys like that chapter? Vegeta is acting rather odd isn't he? And don't you think that Radditz is so kawaii in this fic! LOL.

Please review and let me know what you think as it will be much appreciated. Stay tuned for the next chap!