Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Veil ❯ Legendary ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hey all, back with another chapter. Thanks so much for the reviews! Oh and GetaGirl, thanks for giving me a kick up the ass in your review to put this chapter up. I admit that I have been reluctant to update this fic... Sorry, but I now I am fully reverted! LOL.

To Maria S: Hi! This seems to be the only way I can contact you, I tried to email you but it's not working and the email keeps getting redirected back to me. What's going on? lol. Anyway, I have something important I want to ask you (about your fanart) so if you have another email address, please please email me! Talk to you soon!

Oh and I really want everyone to go check out the AMAZING fanart that this website has:

http://www.ffump.com/indexhigh.htm

Amongst them is my girl Maria's art work which is so beautiful! Go check it out, you won't be disappointed.

**************************************************************** *******

The heavy news sank down on Vegeta's shoulders. For the first time in his life away from Frieza, he slumped his shoulders as if in defeat.

"Vegeta?" Bulma noted the change in his demeanor. She had never seen him looking so down before. "Are you ok?"

Shaking his head he tossed the plate he was holding into the nearby sink. "Fix that transmitter, old man. I need to contact my father on Vegeta-sei." Before he could be questioned further, he stormed out of the kitchen in search of Kakarott and Bardock.

If his suspicion was right then come tomorrow, there would be no Vegeta-sei left to salvage.

**************************************************************** *******

Bulma's features were twisted in concentration as she screwed in the last bolt for the transmitter. One jostle, and the whole thing would have fallen to pieces. Beads of perspiration formed above her brow as she delicately twisted her wrist to right. It was bad enough that this procedure was incredibly difficult, she didn't need an audience to go with it. In the background she could make out four silhouettes. One of her father and three other Saiya-jins. She frowned as she heard impatient tapping from the Saiya-jin no Ouji.

"Quiet." She hissed through her teeth, surprised as the tapping fingers stopped. The cooperation he was showing was difficult for her to comprehend. Was this the same man that had thrown her lap top to the ground in a fit of rage, only hours ago? It didn't seem like it.

Backing away from the miniature transmitter, she threw her wrench down in relief. "Done!"

"It's about time, Onna." Vegeta's hard voice drummed through her skull.

Dr. Briefs found himself interjecting between the obvious argument that was about to start. "Put in the coordinates for the planet Vegeta. We need to find out what is going on there."

Bulma narrowed her eyes. Grinding her teeth she punched in a specialized code into the transmitter, given to her by Bardock. A strange wheezing sound was emitted from the speakers.

The four people present looked at each other in confusion.

"Why isn't it working?" Vegeta barked, causing Bulma and her father to jump.

"Shh." Bulma put her index finger to her lips, starting to twiddle on the manual dial. When nothing but whining could be heard from the other side of the transmitter, she banged the speaker in frustration. "Work, dammit!" It wasn't good to have been working on the blasted machine for the past three hours and then receive nothing in return when it was completed. Bulma hated failing in her work.

She cried out and pushed the speaker back in annoyance, that's when she caught the distressed look on her father's face. Afraid of the answer, she braved herself to ask. "What's wrong Dad?"

"I.."

"Out with it old man, we haven't got all day. I need to contact my planet and if you're just going to stand there blubbering all day, I might as well put you out of you misery." Vegeta was being blinded with an uncertain rage. He couldn't help it. The news that his people were at the mercy of Frieza was tearing him down emotionally.

"It's bad news." Dr. Briefs looked at his daughter complacently.

As Bulma stared into his eyes, it dawned on her that what her father was thinking was indeed bad news. "Shit.." The whispered word resounded through the white wash of the walls. Thoughts clashed together at the undeniable sadness she felt. How could this have happened?

Glaring, Vegeta gripped Bulma's upper arm and shook her out of her reverie. "I tire of your babbling. I demand to know what is going on!"

Shaking slightly, Bulma brought herself to look into his obsidian depths. "I'm sorry Vegeta, but Vegeta-sei is no longer there. The transmission we are picking up is from debris in space. The coordinates are correct, there's no mistaking that. There's simply nothing there to transmit our signal to..."

Her voice touched his very core, reverberating through the depths of his soul. "You mean to say.." But he couldn't finish, his throat had completely closed up. Why was this happening to him? This couldn't be true, he snarled. "You lie!"

Bulma shook her head angrily at him. "Why would I lie Vegeta?!"

He narrowed his eyes, "You better get that signal to my planet Onna, or I will take matters into my own hands."

She exhaled in exasperation. "But Vegeta, there is nothing to signal to! How do you expect me to contact something that is not there?"

The vein in his forehead looked as though it were about to burst. Bulma backed away unconsciously. This was not the time to get into a petty argument. Vegeta narrowed his eyes at her angrily. "Set the ship's course for Vegeta-sei. We leave tomorrow." He had trained to the best extent he could in the past two weeks. He knew he was strong but he didn't know how strong he had to be to defeat Frieza. It was now or never.

He still could not believe that his planet was gone. The only way he could clarify it was to go back to its location and check if it was there. He let a flicker of hope burn in his chest, only one thought came to mind. Defeat Frieza and give his empire to the rightful adversary and that was the Saiya-jin Empire.

Training for the past two weeks non-stop had been taking its toll on him. He had not even transformed into the legendary yet. What he needed to do was find out the key to the transformation. Once that was done, he was sure he could tap into his hidden power. Growling, he powered up and viciously punched his fist through the flimsy wall.

All this time, Bulma and the others had been regarding him silently. "I'm sorry Vegeta but-" She abruptly stopped speaking as a high pitched noise was emitted from the transmitter. Rushing over to her desk, she fiddled with the dial. "There's another vessel there that's picking up transmission."

Bardock sternly walked up to Bulma and motioned for her to step aside. He expertly began to punch in a number of coordinates. A raspy voice was emitted from the transmitter.

"Did you know that Lord Frieza has ordered his troops to Namek-sei, Berta... No, the Ginyu Force will not be needed. Send as many men as you can to Namek-sei. Lord Frieza has ordered a full upheaval of the planet... There was a rumor of something known as Drak'se. Apparently, they grant wishes and I heard the Frieza wanted to make a wish for immortality. He's had enough of those pesky flea-bitten monkeys... Of course he destroyed Vegeta-sei, but their Prince is nowhere to be found and that is what Frieza is most worried about.... Yes, they will reach Namek-sei in one month... Fine, send the troops. This is commander Jeice over and out."

The transmission went dead.

Bulma looked at Vegeta expectantly. Whoever had been, speaking had just given out every single detail that needed to be known. She watched in horror as a mixture of emotions flitted across his face. The final emotion that burned on his face was anger.

As a result of the news, Vegeta began to power up in anger to new heights. Kakarott watched in awe as his childhood friend reached the pinnacle of his power. "Bulma, Dr. Briefs, take cover!" He barked at them.

Bulma grew frightened as she grabbed her father's hand and crawl on the floor to take shelter under the desk.

Vegeta bent at the waist, all reason was gone from his thoughts and he could only think of obtaining revenge on Frieza. He had never felt such anger as he had at that moment. His growl turned into a raw and intense roar as the power surged through his veins. He thought of all the people on his planet that had been destroyed, that had fought to their very last breath.

He couldn't see himself without a Kingdom, and Empire. All in one moment, he had been reduced to nothing. The Prince of a dead race. How could it be? He was an almighty Saiya-jin warrior, how could his own Kingdom be dwindled to nothing?! It didn't make sense, but at that moment, nothing made sense to him.

His aura was beginning to burn everything around him and send other things flying into the air, from the corner of his eye he could see Bulma and her father scramble under a large desk and Kakarott and his father squint as they looked at him in shock. But he paid no heed to them. With a ground breaking raw and intense roars, he powered up even more and screamed out from the depths of his torn soul;

"FRIEZA!!! YOU MOTHER FUCKING BASTARD. I'M GOING TO RIP YOU APART!!!"

Bulma screamed from under the desk as she gripped her father's arm. She felt as though she were going to be blasted away at any moment. The wind speed was incredible, causing her to become breathless.

With his chest heaving, he managed to push his power to new heights. He had to avenge his people. It was no longer about him. He had to avenge his race. Still screaming, his throat burning, he pushed his power to a dangerously higher level.

Kakarott's eyes widened as he saw his Prince flash from black to gold and back again. This continued for a few more seconds, until he was forced to close his eyes as the gold aura burned brightly, endangering his retina. Holding his arm over his eyes, his mouth hung wide open as Vegeta stood perfectly still, burning a bright gold.

Suddenly, as quickly as the destruction had started, it had finished. Squinting from the brightness that was emanated from Vegeta, she crawled out from under the desk and pulled her father along with her. This time Bulma's mouth hung open, but not from the vision of Vegeta's burning aura. It was from the debris that was scattered around her 'lab' which was indeed no longer classified as that.

It seemed as though Vegeta had blown away the entire exterior of the lab, leaving nothing around them. He had completely blown off the entire top of the dome. "VEGETA!" She shrieked, causing Bardock and Kakarott to wince. She looked at his transformation and gaped at him for a moment. He looked so handsome with his burning gold hair and teal eyes... Shaking away her thoughts, she glared at him.

Dr. Briefs shook his head as he surveyed the damage. "This one's going to cost a doozy." He muttered under his breath as he checked his cat for injuries.

Bardock and Kakarott kneeled as the burning aura of Vegeta turned around. "My
Prince. You have ascended to the Legendary.." Bardock bowed his head in submission.

Vegeta smirked as his only two living subjects bowed. Well three, if you counted Kakarott's brother Goku. He felt giddy from the power that was coursing through his veins. If he didn't know it before, he knew now. He was ready to take on Frieza and defeat the cocky bastard. Now, he was the most powerful being in the universe, not Frieza.

He had reached his goal of becoming the Legendary, he only wished his father could see him... His smirk faded and the anger drained from him as he realized the only reason he had transformed was because of losing his race. An idea came to him. Had not Jeice mentioned something about wishes and Drak'se on the planet Namek? Yes, but what were these Drak'se? Were they people? He didn't know but he would soon find out.. The smirk returned to his face. He could be such a genius sometimes.

He fixed his cold glare on Bulma as she screeched his name. His newly coloured teal eyes narrowed. "Onna, calculate how long it will take for us to reach Namek-sei. Bardock will translate the coordinates to you. I think we should set up a welcoming committee for Frieza there." Smirking he looked above and saw that the roof of the lab was no longer intact.

Bending his knees, he blasted off into the air to test his new found power. He would never forget how hard he trained his whole life to beat Frieza, to become the Legendary and he had finally reached his ultimate goal. As he looked back the quartet he had just left, he could distinctly see the blue-haired female shaking her fist at him and screaming something along the lines of 'jerk' and a string of curse words he did not think she knew. He shook his head, she could be so entertaining. He came to the resolution that when he defeated Frieza, he would open up the channel to their bond and formerly become mates.

He contemplated that she would have made an excellent Queen... Had Vegeta-sei not been destroyed. But Vegeta argued with himself that he would bring his Kingdom back by using Frieza's wish for immortality. With his mind at peace, he flew at an intense speed towards a non populated area.

*****

Bulma shook her fist at Vegeta's retreating form. "COME BACK HERE YOU JERK!" But he flew away without so much as a glance directed towards her. Crying out in defeat, she fell to her knees amongst the debris and looked around in disgust. Her entire lab had been reduced to nothing but a pile of rubble. Picking up a distorted brick, she examined it carefully and let her thoughts run wild. When Vegeta came back, she was going to murder him. No wait, she was going to neuter him!

Snarling, she threw the brick as far as she could and sat back on her heels. "My beautiful lab..." Anger having left her, she looked around sadly. A heavy hand came to rest on her shoulder. She looked up apologetically at her father.

"Don't worry dear. We'll have this fixed in no time." Patting her head, he made his way towards the separate dome which was the living quarters of Capsule Corp. wanting to see what his wife was up to. There was no point in worrying over spilt milk, he reasoned. He would just have to make a few calls to get the lab up and running by the end of the week.

Kakarott turned to his father. "I'm going to follow him secretly. I want to know what he's up to." Bardock nodded his consent and let his son fly away. He took one look at Bulma who was kneeling on the floor, a faraway look on her face. "Bulma, I will be returning to my living quarters in the city. I will contact you when I have calculated the coordinates."

As she nodded at him, he turned and flew in the direction of the city. She felt a little sorry that they had to live separately because of Vegeta. It didn't look as though Vegeta had entirely forgiven Bardock for being apart of Project SJ13.

*****

Bulma sighed as she was left alone in the rubble. She supposed that Vegeta would do something like this and have no consideration for her or her feelings.

But then again, he never had any consideration for anyone.

"Bulma?""

She looked up to find the owner of the voice. That's when four figures descended upon her. "Yamcha? Goku, Krillin!" She gasped at the next person she caught sight of. "Piccolo?!"

She looked at them astounded. "What are you guys doing here!?"

Yamcha looked at deteriorated lab. "We felt someone's power go up to an amazing proportion and so we traced it to here. What happened here?"

"Vegeta," she grimaced. Shaking her head she stood up and brushed off the dust. She looked over at Goku and smiled sadly. This was the first time she had seen him since she heard of his background. "Are you ok Goku? It's good to see you again, I was beginning to worry about you."

The Saiya-jin had a little look of worry on his face but it soon melted away as he smiled his prize-winning grin. "Yeah, I was going to ask you the same thing! There's no need to worry about me Bulma-chan, I'm fine and dandy as always. You got something to eat? I'm real hungry and Chi Chi refused to give me any food today. She said I was a bad influence on Gohan."

Bulma rolled her eyes but laughed anyway. "Yeah, let's go to the kitchen." She turned to Krillin. "K-man! It's good to see you again. How've you been and what have you been up to?"

"Aw nothing much B-chan! You know me, I'm great!" He rubbed his bald head and laughed. He grew serious the next moment, "You ok? Goku told me about those nasty Saiya-jins living here."

She smiled, "I'm fine and they're not that bad." She bit her lip as she remembered she was ignoring the large green alien, but she couldn't help it. He was always silent and so she did not acknowledge him. "Do you guys want to come in for a snack? I'll fill you in about what's going on. Piccolo do you want to come too?"

Piccolo shook his head quietly. "No thanks. I have some meditation to do. Goku will fill me in later." Without saying anything more, he turned and flew away.

Bulma looked at her three best friends. "Come on, there is so much you guys have to hear."

Together, the five walked towards the large kitchen of Capsule Corp.

*****

She sat on the edge of the large pool near the deep and dangled her legs lazily into the cool soothing water.

Looking up, Bulma laughed merrily as she watched Krillin push Yamcha backwards, causing him to fall back into the large Olympic sized pool and splash everyone within a ten foot radius. She hadn't seen a single notion of Vegeta, Bardock or Kakarott since the incident earlier in the lab. Now it was almost evening, as the sun was setting and she had forced her friends to stay and make good use of the Briefs' pool.

She had told them everything that had happened in the lab, and they had all agreed that it would be wise if they joined the Saiya-jins on the quest to Namek-sei. Bulma had seen the pained expression on Goku's face at the mention of his father, but he remained silent. She wondered if he would ever forgive his father. She didn't think it was likely. But with everything discussed, by six that evening, they all sat around the pool and began to unwind and relax.

She had never felt so calm in such a long time and wondered why she hadn't kept in contact with her old friends. She had missed them so much, but her demanding life style as a scientist meant that she didn't have enough time to keep in contact with everyone. She was fool, she thought as ruffled the hair of the little boy sitting next her. She had made Goku go back to his house and collect his son. It was time the little boy learned how to communicate with people.

"You all right Gohan?" She asked in concern as she watched him lower his head and blush, splashing the water with his feet as he sat on the edge. He was too cute!

"Yeah.. It's just that, well, I kinda don't know how to swim."

She held the little boy's arm, "Is that all? Don't worry kiddo, by the time you leave here, I'm going to have you swimming like a professional!"

Gohan simply nodded.

"Yo, Bulma babe!"

She looked up and smiled at Yamcha who was waving at her from the other side of the pool. She waved back joyously and watched for a moment as he continued to complete his round of lengths at a fast pace. She giggled, he was always such a fitness freak. Scrambling to her feet, she pulled up the strings of her bikini and motioned for Gohan to follow her. Hand in hand, they walked around to the shallow end of the large pool.

Just as Bulma was about to step in, she heard someone whisper into her ear. "Boo!" Not knowing what was happening, she found herself being pushed in by none other than Krillin. Scowling, she swam up and gasped for air, blinking out the chlorine from her eyes. "You ass!' She cried out angrily as she watched him double over with laughter. "Just wait until I'm done teaching Gohan how to swim K-man, then your mine!!" She cupped a fistful of water into her hand and threw it at him in mock anger.

Krillin simply dodged, merriment clear on his face. "Heh, come on B-chan, you can't mean that! After all I am your number one guy!" He winked jokingly, earning a cry of frustration from her.

Bulma pulled herself out of the pool and looked towards Gohan. "Excuse me Gohan for one second, I'll be right back." She looked at Krillin, "Right after I personally kill chrome dome here!" She lunged for Krillin who was still laughing and dodging her at the same time. Krillin quickly jumped into the pool, followed by Bulma. Together they wrestled, laughing breathlessly at their silly excursion.

Gohan laughed at the sight of the two fighting. He never knew his father's friends could be so cool. He was glad to be apart of the group. He looked around for his father and smiled as he found him feasting away at the table of barbecue food. Slowly, he made his way to his father.

Yamcha stopped from his exercise and looked at the wrestling match that was occurring in the water between Krillin and Bulma. He frowned, he wanted to be part of the action too! He swiftly dove under the water and swam like a shark to Bulma's foot that was paddling in the water. Without warning, he grabbed her ankle and pulled her down into the depths of the pool.

Bulma's eyes widened as she felt a hand grab her ankle. Before she was pulled down, she took one last gulp of air before she found herself being dragged under. She saw Yamcha grinning at her through the water. Sticking her tongue out, she kicked him in the groin and swam quickly to the surface as he released her from his death grip.

Upon breaking the surface, she took large gulps of air. She grinned as Yamcha swan painfully to the surface, his face contorted in pain. "What's the big idea?" He sputtered, rubbing away the water form his eyes. His groin ached, but it was a good thing that they had been in water. Bulma's punches were not known as girly. If he wasn't a super-human, he would have definitely been a goner.

She laughed at him and splashed him in he face again. "Serves you right! It just goes to show who is the more ingenious of the gang."

"Wanna bet?!" A devilish grin spread across his face. Before she could react, she was scooped up into his arms and found her self hovering high in the air above the pool. She screamed on his grasp.

Krillin laughed as he looked up at the pair hovering in the air above the pool. He made his way out of the pool towards Goku and Gohan, deciding to eat something. His stomach was growling like a tractor.

Bulma squealed and squirmed in his tight grasp as she hung helplessly in the air. "Yamcha!! Put me down you ignoramus!"

Meanwhile, Yamcha had been grinning at Bulma in a cat-like manner. "Are you sure you want me to put you down? It's an awful long way down there."

Bulma paled as she realized he was going to drop her into the pool from the air. "You wouldn't!?"

He shrugged. "All you have to do is say sorry."

She 'hmphed' and turned away. Without warning, Yamcha dropped her from the air, so she that she would land slap bang in the middle of the pool.

*****

Vegeta had arrived from his training in the mountains and was watching the group's escapades from a safe distance in the back yard of Capsule Corp. He snarled as the stupid little human with scars dropped his mate from high above in the air. He was about to fly down from his position in the large oak tree to retrieve her when he saw her do something incredible. He smirked and sat back, watching them silently.

It was his way of learning about Bulma's culture, he reasoned with himself.

Or maybe it was because he got to look at her as much as he wanted.

Was he obsessed? He didn't think so, but who are we kidding.

*****

Bulma forced her scream down her throat. Concentrating, she set her features in determination. Calculating the distance, she somersaulted in the air and dived perfectly into the water, causing her body to cut the water like a knife. As she surfaced and made her way out of the pool, she grinned at Yamcha and playfully flipped him the bird. "The End." Laughing at his pouty face, she ran over to where the others had gathered and saw them feasting on the barbecue that had been laid out for everyone.

*****

Bulma grabbed a towel, she dried herself off and smiled as Yamcha approached, still brooding.

Everyone laughed at Yamcha's expression and soon he too was laughing.

"Yamcha, you should have seen your face when Bulma dived in!" Kirllin exclaimed while devouring a burger.

"Yeah," Gohan contributed. "That was funny!"

Bulma laughed and bumped her hip against Yamcha's playfully. "Yamcha's such a sore loser!"

They all laughed.

It had been such a great day.

Draping the towel around her shoulders, she pulled out an intricate wiry chair that was part of the table and sat down. Yamcha followed suit.

The euphoria they had felt from before had died down and the five people sat quietly, eating and contemplating their day.

Stepping back from her thoughts, Bulma smiled as Yamcha seated himself next to her. She lifted up her bare legs that were under the table and draped them over his lap, crossing them and leaning back comfortably whilst eating the delicious food. He smiled at her and continued to eat the food in silence. Today had been such a good day regardless of the fact that Vegeta had destroyed her lab. She sighed contentedly and turned her head to look at the setting sun as she ate, her mind was at a tranquil ease.

"I'm glad we all got together again," Krillin spoke up, feeling energized from the food he was eating.

Bulma chewed on thoughtfully on her piece of chicken. She smiled looking away from the setting sun. "Me too, it seems so long since we've just sat back and relaxed together-" She stopped abruptly as she saw Vegeta fly down from out of the blue and land near the table. Bulma looked at her friends briefly before turning to look back at the Saiya-jin no Ouji, who was simply staring at her.

"Everything ok Vegeta?" She asked casually as she put the sauce covered piece of chicken back down on the plate.

Vegeta didn't say anything. Instead, he simply turned and glared at the three men sitting around her and the little boy. Extracting his gaze from them, he looked back a Bulma and continued to stare at her. His eyes travelled down her glistening curves, narrowing as they reached her legs that were lazily draped across her male friend's legs.

Growling quietly, he didn't move but remained staring at her. What were these strange flimsy garments she wore? They were too revealing in his opinion. In that instant he wanted to take her into his arms and carry her away from the idiots around her that ogled her. She was his mate! No one should see her in this less amount of clothing other than him. Anger burned within him as she spoke to him again.

"You want something to eat?" She asked in concern. "Hey," she snapped her fingers, "You ok?"

Coming out of his reverie, he merely snorted and entered the house through the kitchen.

She shrugged at her guests. "He's always like that."

They nodded, taking her word for it.

Suddenly feeling refueled, she jumped up and grabbed Gohan's hand. "Come on! The night is still young and I have to teach you how to swim later. But first thing's first; WATER FIGHT!" She screamed at the top of her lungs. Everyone began to talk at once, excitement in their voices. They whooped and cheered, suddenly becoming a rather rowdy bunch of little boys. Letting go of Gohan's hand, she went into the kitchen to retrieve the water guns.

*****

Humming, she draped the towel around her, over one of the breakfast table's chair. She came to a halt as she saw Vegeta leaning against the counter, staring at her again. She shivered. He seemed to stare at her a lot lately. She wondered what his problem was. Ignoring his presence, she walked confidently to his side and kneeled down on the floor as she opened the cupboard under the sink. She pulled out four large guns and one mini one. Standing up again, she began to walk away, when his hand shot out and wrapped around her upper arm. She looked at him angrily. "Hey, what's the big idea?"

Vegeta raised his eyebrow and pulled her closer. "Onna, it seems as though I've been ignoring you for a while."

She glared at him and tried to yank her arm back. "So?"

He smirked and softly rubbed his gloved thumb across her cheek. "We will discuss this later. For now, you can have your fun with the pathetic humans you call your friends." He let go of her arm, a strange look on his face.

Bulma frowned but didn't reply. Once she was free from his grasp, she ran out of the kitchen. His behaviour was too eerie for words. What had gotten into him? Is it because he transformed, he's changed? She didn't know the answer and didn't care at that moment. Racing out to the back yard, she held the guns above her head. "Let the games begin!"

*****

Vegeta watched her run away from him. If he didn't know any better, he would think that she was still afraid of him. But he couldn't lie to himself anymore. He knew he would never hurt her again. He had grown somewhat attached to her in his own way. It couldn't be love, obviously... Could it?

No, Saiya-jins rarely fell in love. But look at Radditz. He had been smitten with her, and she had changed him from a roaring lion to a baby kitten in a matter of days. Bardock had also been attached to his mate until she passed away. So could he be in love with this strange creature? He didn't know. He had been contemplating this thought the entire day, ever since he thought that she would make a good queen.

"Let the games begin!"

He smirked and looked out of the window at the strange play fight that was occurring between her and her friends. Humans were strange. Why would they fight with water? This concept was completely alien to him and yet it intrigued him greatly. He watched in an amused fashion as Bulma laughed loudly as she squirted the bald human.

Tilting his head, he realized he like this side of her much more than her quiet and serious side he had witnessed on Vegeta-sei. It made him think how different she actually had been on Vegeta-sei. His jaw twitched as he saw her being hit with a large blast of water from the Kakarott's brother. A small smile played on Vegeta's lips as she screeched at the top of her lungs, whilst being soaked to the bone.

He had always admired her beauty, but never once had he openly admitted these thoughts. Now as he watched her running around like a child, he could honestly say that she was the most enchanting woman he had met.

Oh dear.

He realized he was in way too deep with the woman. But she was having his child and they had already mated before, so nothing should be new. How could he get her to be his? He didn't know, this whole concept of love was new to him. Vegeta shuddered in disgust. He had only come to the revelation when he was training in the mountains in his Super Saiya-jin form. It was strange how his triggered transformation had caused him to be more honest with himself about his own feelings.

That was the reason, he thought. His transformation to Super Saiya-jin had caused him to stop hiding from his feelings and admit to himself that he wanted the beautiful, clever blue-haired woman.

The small smirk on his lips widened as he watched her cannon ball ungracefully into the large expanse of water.

Turning away from the window, he walked towards his room at a leisurely pace. Who knew that becoming a Super Saiya-jin would have lifted such a burden off of his shoulders? So much so that he actually considered his feelings about the Onna. It was odd indeed, but he was no longer worried about defeating Frieza. He knew he could. And as for his lost race, he would just use Frieza's wish and instead of immortality, he would wish his planet back, along with his people.

It was comforting to know he had a strategy.

As he entered the large room, he wondered how he would win the woman's affections.

After all, Vegeta-sei needed a queen and he already had an heir. All that was needed was a queen. He reasoned that he would speak to her in the evening and find out her decision. If she refused him then... Well, it was her loss.

**************************************************************** *******

Bulma waved her friends good bye at the doorstep of Capsule Corp.

"Bye guys! I'll call you when I have any news on he trip to Namek-sei! Bye Gohan!" She called out to the little boy who was on a fluffy little cloud named Nimbus.

Gohan waved at her, a huge smile spreading across his face. "Bye Auntie Bulma! See you soon, I had lots of fun!"

She grinned up at the little boy.

The others waved good bye as well and turning around, they flew away into the distance.

Bulma sighed and banged the door shut.

It was the perfect end to the perfect day.

*****

Bulma now entered her room with a spring in her step. Stepping out of her wet bikini she stepped into the shower and let the hot water pelt her skin.

Once that was finished, she wrapped a towel around her body and one around her wet hair. Thinking about what she could do next, her gaze fell upon the large french windows of her room that were open. She smiled and stepped out onto her large balcony. Slowly, she made her way to her rocking chair. As she sat down, she unwrapped the towel from her head and tossed it aside, letting the breeze dry her hair naturally.

Sitting on her rocking chair that was on the balcony, Bulma looked up at the twinkling stars that were smeared across the cloudless sky. The Earth's moon was planted gloriously high in the sky, glowing in its crescent form. She thought back to earlier that day. So much had happened.

They had learned of the destruction of Vegeta-sei, Vegeta had transformed and she had been visited by her old friends. She hadn't seen Krillin in years! She smiled as she remembered the day's activities. With Vegeta having blown up the lab, she could not do any work and so she had been pretty much free to do whatever she wished.

It was safe to say that she had the best time of her life in the family swimming pool with Krillin, Yamcha and Goku. Goku had even gone back to his home in the mountains to bring his son Gohan to share in the fun. It was a good thing he did, poor little Gohan seemed so shy at first but as always Bulma had vowed to herself to change him before the day was over, and change him she did. It was like he was a new little boy, no longer hiding behind his father's leg.

She hugged her legs to her chest as a cool breeze blew against her skin. Closing her eyes, she thought back to the encounter she had with Vegeta in the kitchen. He had been acting so oddly that it was almost frightening. But she hadn't let him get to her. In fact, she had almost become used to his strange behaviour. She had remembered how he looked when he transformed. It was as if he had been another person.

He looked so unbelievably handsome, that Bulma was in shock. But of course, as soon as she had seen her destroyed lab, the anger covered up any feelings she had been having for him. How could he have been so insensitive?! She sighed, shaking her head and rested her forehead against the top of her knees as she rocked back and forth in the chair.

She was about to fall asleep when she suddenly felt a presence beside her. Slowly lifting her head up, she saw Vegeta hovering above her with an unreadable expression on his face. "Yes?" She frowned as she looked into his ebony eyes. They way the moonlight hit hit skin made him look like Greek God that had descended down on earth. She blinked, she really had to stop fantasizing.

She reminded herself that he was merely her friend, as she had called him two weeks ago, this very night. A friend, whose child she was bearing. She hadn't entirely forgiven him for his behaviour on Vegeta-sei, but she reasoned that it was the way he had been brought up.

So in its entirety, she considered him her handsome Greek God of a friend, whose child she was coincidentally having. Maybe it was because she hadn't seen him in two weeks that she was thinking of him this way. If she were honest, she would say that she had missed his oddly comforting company.

Her head started to hurt at the thoughts. It was too much information;

And it was rather complicated.

She waited patiently for him to speak.

Vegeta stared at her under hooded eyes. He growled, not knowing what to do now that he was with her alone. The situation was completely absurd. He was a Saiya-jin Prince.

For the love of Vegeta-sei, he was a Super Saiya-jin! And yet he couldn't handle one tiny little human. The thought sickened him. He cleared his throat. "Why do humans play with water?" It sounded like stupid question, but it was the only thing he could think of to start the conversation.

Bulma let a small smile slip and she reached over to the nearby chair and pulled it next her beloved rocking chair. She didn't feel uncomfortable in his presence anymore. She smiled at him and pulled her towel tightly around her. "You know, I haven't seen you in a long time. It looks like you've been training a lot too. And you've transformed into the Legendary as well." She motioned appreciatively to his bulging muscles as he sat down stiffly on the chair.

"Yes. My transformation was inevitable. I only needed a trigger. Learning of the destruction of Vegeta-sei was enough to trigger my transformation." He was behaving rather uptight and formal. Vegeta looked up at the sky, trying to keep his eyes off of Bulma's towel clad body. Even if she was comfortable in his presence, he was not at present.

She placed her cheek in the palm of her hand as she stared at him. "Do you think you will beat Frieza?"

He stared at the stars and smirked. "I know I will."

Bulma nodded and smiled. "Bet you can't wait to crush his little lily lizard's ass!" She looked away from him at the stars, wondering why he refused to look in her direction.

He smirked, "Hm." In that moment he glanced at her out of the corner of his eyes. She did look rather enticing in the moonlight. Were his feeling purely sexual? He was confused. Before he thought it was love, but he also argued that Saiya-jins don't fall in love. It was unacceptable for him to do so. The sexual route seemed the safe way.

Bulma looked back at him and caught him staring at her. She cocked her head to the side, wondering if she would be allowed to see him in his transformed state. When she had seen him before, she'd been too angry to marvel in the transformation. She bravely forced herself to ask, "Vegeta..?"

He frowned, "What."

"Nothing..."

He snorted. "Spit it out woman."

"Would you mind transforming for me? I want to see how you look as a Super Saiya-jin up close."

Vegeta raised his eyebrow. "Very well. But only this once." He stood up and walked to the other side of the balcony.

Bulma jumped up from her rocking chair and stood still as she watched the concentration being etched deeper into his face. She looked on in amazement as he growled, powering up. He let out a loud cry as he flashed from ebony to gold. Bulma squinted as she looked at his brightly burning form. Her heart pounded as she looked at him in full transformed state. He did look absolutely breath taking. She looked closer and saw that his muscles had expanded to double their proportions. In awe, she began to walk slowly to his glowing figure.

As his burning gold aura began to dim slightly and she neared him, she found herself looking up into piercing teal coloured eyes. "Wow.." She breathed. She this is what the Legendary looked like up close... And personal. Not thinking, her mind frazzled, she stupidly reached out to touch the gold woven hair that had once been the darkest shade of ebony. But before she could even get close enough to his hair, she felt her hand begin to burn from the contact with his aura.

Crying out in pain, she pulled her hand back and looked at it morbidly. Instantly he powered down so that his aura became nothing, yet remained a Super Saiya-jin. He had cradled her hand and stared into her eyes. "Foolish Onna," he said quietly. "You must never try to go through a warrior's aura or you will pay a great price."

Bulma winced in pain as he handled her mildly burnt hand. "Ow.."

"Indeed." He smirked. Bringing her blistered hand up, he lightly blew on it. Bulma watched in wonder as he continued to blow cold air onto her mild burn. She didn't think he could be so gentle. She looked at the side of his face as he blew on her hand, she felt her stomach knotting in anticipation.

Vegeta shook his head. She could be quite silly for someone who was known as a genius. He placed his hand above her burnt one and closed his eyes. He formed a small blue ki ball and made her absorb it into her hand.

Bulma cried out in shock and jumped back. She had felt as though she had just been electrocuted. She could sense the electricity crackle in her veins at a fast speed. It were was though she had become re-energized. She looked down at her hand and saw that it was still burnt, but that she couldn't feel any pain whatsoever. She peered up questioningly into his teal eyes. "What did you do?"

Vegeta raised his eyebrow and scowled. "Although you do not deserve it, I gave you a tiny proportion of my energy to numb your nervous system. You will not feel any pain and by tomorrow, your hand should be healed."

She stared at her hand. "Thanks.." She mumbled. Looking up again, she smiled softly. "You look good with blonde hair." Her smile grew as she saw his cheeks being tinged with a strawberry red colour. He looked too cute to describe at that moment and Bulma realized he no longer seemed as scary as he did with his darker features. In fact he seemed to have a bright air about him altogether. She liked this side of him much more. Walking up to him she reached up and planted a soft kiss on his cheek. "Good night Vegeta."

Vegeta frowned as she kissed him. Who did she think she was touching him? How dare she initiate contact with him before he? It was all too embarrassing and confusing. Snarling, he pulled her roughly to him. "Do not think that I have changed, Onna."

Instead of being frightened, she merely kept on smiling. "I seem to recall that we had this same conversation two weeks ago Vegeta. Did we not?"

He released her as if her were the one that was burnt. Growling, he was about to turn away when he saw a hint of lust in her eyes. He froze. Could this be true, this little woman was feeling the same lust as him? Suddenly she seemed more appealing than ever. In his mind he could hear the ancient chanting for bondage between two mates.

It was then that reason dawned on him. They were being attracted by their bond. Bonded mates could never be separate for too long and now that they had formed a mutual respect or friendship for one another, the bond was once again calling them to join.

His eyes began to glow from teal to a sapphire blue. He took a step towards her, a smirk planted on his face. It was good enough reason for them to mate again. Once again, he pulled her closer to him and lowered his lips to hers, capturing them in a strong kiss.

Bulma found that she couldn't hesitate, she just couldn't. But secretly a part of her did not want to hesitate and so she closed her eyes as she fell in contact with his smooth lips. Raising her arms, she wrapped them around his neck as she felt his hands snake their way around her waist. She moaned against his lips as he tugged her towel off from her already bare body. Letting herself become entrapped within in his hold she felt him carry her inside of the room, shutting the large french windows with one kick.

She didn't know the feel of his skin against hers could drive her to such an insane point. It was as if her mind was being controlled by a hungry wild animal. She soon discovered she no longer had control over her actions, something was pulling her towards him like a predator. As he lay her own the bed, she clawed at his clothes crazily and snarled in frustration as she could pull his armor off.

Vegeta was surprised by her sudden change in demeanor, but thought nothing of it as he kissed her harder, pulling off his own clothes. She was clearly too weak to do it herself. He grazed his teeth over the old bite mark, earning an equally feral growl from her. It drove him wild to hear her behave in such a way.

"Vegeta," she breathed heavily as he kissed down her neck. Closing her eyes, she felt her stomach become enflamed with desire.

She never knew could feel so wanted in her life as he trailed hot kisses down her stomach. She arched her back as she felt a wave of pleasure come over her.

There was no turning back now.

Who knew that by the end of the night, she would have captured the Saiya-jin no Ouji's heart in its entirety, no matter how much he denied it. He would always want her and she would always want him.

Their bond had determined their fate from the start.

They were meant to be together for the rest of their lives, no matter how much they didn't want to be. No matter how much they both kept denying the attraction they felt for each other, the bond they had would always bring them together until they were satiated.

They would always be together, forever. All because of the sacred Saiya-jin bond they shared with one another.

**************************************************************** *******

A/N: This chapter hopefully makes up for the short chapters I've put up previously. Hope you all liked it.

Please review it as I would really appreciate it, it's always good to know people's opinions!

Thanks, and until next time, Ja ne!