Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Veil ❯ Diamonds ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

To Maria S: Thanks so much for agreeing! Oh have you found out what's wrong with your email? If so, give me a shout.

~*****~ = Flashback.

*~~~~~* = End Flashback.

**************************************************************** *******

Vegeta smirked at her and simply placed his training shorts back on. "I'd hurry if I were you woman. You wouldn't want Kakarott to see your assets." His eyes twinkled gleefully, as he stepped to the button to open the door. He watched in an amused fashion as she frantically tried to pull her clothes on. She was no where near finished, but Vegeta couldn't help his wickedness. It was payback time for making him succumb to her feminine wiles! He raised his finger to the button, catching the horrified look of a half naked Bulma.

"You wouldn't!" She breathed.

His finger neared the red button to open the door. "Try me," he smirked evilly. Payback was such a bitch, he thought, but it was worth it.

**************************************************************** *******

Bulma gasped angrily, slapping on her clothes. She had just pulled her shirt roughly down over her head, when the door zipped open. A crimson blush furiously appeared, she looked disheveled but at least she had managed to yank her clothes on before Kakarott could see anything immodest. She glared at Vegeta as Kakarott entered the gravity chamber. To her complete and utter surprise, he had the arrogance to chuckle at her in cruelty. She began to mutter obscenities under her breath, all of which were heard by Vegeta and Kakarott's sensitive Saiya-jin ears.

Kakarott cleared his throat and looked down at the floor. The smell of mating permeated the walls. He had never been so embarrassed in his life! And for him to now hear such vulgar words coming from Bulma's mouth was an ultimate shocker for the somewhat gentle Saiya-jin. Bringing a rush of air through his throat, he cleared it again. "Urghm, forgive me for the intrusion Ouji-sama," he bowed his head at Vegeta respectfully, "But I thought it would have been a good idea for us to train together."

"Fine," Vegeta grunted, motioning for Bulma to leave the Gravity chamber. Anger bubbled forth on her plain features.

Crossing her arms over her chest, she glared at Vegeta. "Fine, but you better not forget your promise." Not bothering to say anything more, or let the Saiya-jin Prince answer, she marched out of the chamber, leaving Kakarott staring at Vegeta.

Vegeta caught the stare. "What?" He barked, not liking the way he was being looked at.

Kakarott shook his head in dismay. "Whatever that was about, I don't even want to know." His face was masked with a mocking, grim scowl.

The sarcasm in the grim look was caught by Vegeta, making him smirk at his younger companion. He started to speak in Saiyago, their mother tongue. He began to feel nostalgic towards the absence of his planet. "Don't be a prissy Kakarott. Now fight!" Kakarott simply chuckled at his Prince.

Without hesitation, the two flew towards each other, delivering gut crunching blows.

**************************************************************** *******

The creamy walls around her began to sway dramatically.

Bulma sighed heavily as she sat in the middle of the night, at the breakfast table in the kitchen. A bottle of wine stood prominently on the table, beside it a tall slender wine glass shone gloriously from the luminous light of the moon. Her eyes became round and glassed over, the walls around her continued their sickeningly slow movements. Was she drunk?

She hiccuped, and giggled airily.

Yup, she was drunk.

But she couldn't remember exactly why. Well, only small hints.

She brought a shaky hand out in front of her and grabbed the thin neck of the clear burgundy bottle. She couldn't be bothered with the glass anymore. Slumping back into to the chair, she gulped down nearly a quarter of the bottle's contents. Today had been the worst day of her life, hands down, no contest. Thin black streaks of mascara ran down her face. Taking another swig of the poisonous drink, she choked back a sob. Why did terrible things always have to happen to her? It was just too depressing.

Her features twisted into an ugly snarl as she began to regain flashbacks of the day's events. Tears started to stream silently down her face as the entire evening began to reply in front of her.

~*****~

Bulma pulled up the thin straps of her slinky black dress. The silky material clung to her curvy form, and reached mid-thigh becoming a short yet classy black dress. She smirked at her radiant reflection. Her hair was pulled back into a simple french braid, with small blue wisps framing her face. A giggle escaped her throat as she twirled around in front of the mirror like a little school girl that was going on her first date.

The day so far had been quite calm and refreshing. Her friend's wedding had passed with minor difficulty, the maid of honor seemed to have passed out from the nervousness, but other than that, everything had gone swimmingly. Vegeta had escorted her and remained eerily silent throughout the whole morning of the ceremony, much to her surprise. He hadn't once complained, and had even complied to wearing a black suit to the wedding. She knew that the entire experience must have been testing for him but he handled it, funnily enough, like a Prince would have. What had shocked her the most, was he hadn't complained afterwards either. He had quietly announced he was going to resume his training and left.

Smoothing down the wrinkles in her figure hugging dress, she began to fasten large round diamond earrings upon herself. She was now getting ready for the evening reception, which was being held in an expensive hotel in West City. She sighed as she clasped a matching, beautiful diamond choker around her neck. The intricate platinum swirls laced around her delicate neck, with a large pear-drop diamond in the center of the studded choker. It complemented her and her outfit amazingly.

Vegeta had tolerated the wedding ceremony, but when she asked him to escort her to the reception after, he adamantly refused and left as quickly as possible. And so, she settled for letting him accompany her in the morning. Who cares if he didn't want to come to the reception? She grinned, at least she had managed to rope Yamcha into taking her to the reception. She was going to have a great evening, and nothing was going to spoil it for her. Sitting down on a nearby chair, she carefully placed her feet into a pair of black high heeled open-toed sandals, lacing up the thin ropes around the calves of her legs.

Humming a tune to herself, she stood up and inspected her reflection once more before whirling around and leaving the room, clearly on cloud nine.

Yamcha would be here any moment and she was ready for an evening of fun and dance. It had seemed like a lifetime since she had gone out like this.

Bulma was so caught up in her thoughts, that as she descended the wide spiral stair case she didn't see the shadowy figure at the bottom and walked straight into it. Reaching out, she tried to grab the banister to stop herself from falling flat on her face. She gasped as a strong arm wrapped slyly around her small waist, keeping her from breaking her skull open. As her heavy breathing slowed, she found her body being pressed up tightly against a rock solid form. The house had been so dark, she hadn't seen this cataclysmic collision happening, what with almost all the residences of Capsule Corp. not being present in the house.

"Vegeta?" All Bulma managed to do, was to squeak out a whisper.

He looked down at her illuminated face, his throat constricted in pain as he peered down into deep sky blue eyes. Even in the darkness, their great austerity could not be dimmed. His eyes brushed over her figure hugging silk dress as he held her close with a one armed iron grip, not daring to let her go. Where the hell was she going dressed like that?! He had never seen her showing so much skin in only a dress, but he couldn't deny that she looked heart breakingly beautiful. Vegeta parted his lips, wanting to say something. But he was so hypnotized by the tiny female in his arms that he couldn't seem to use any verbal or motor skills at all. Lowering his head, he lightly sniffed the top of her braided hair, feeling the lust within him grow to great proportions.

Bulma shivered as Vegeta rubbed the tip of his nose down the side of her swan-like neck. She gripped his shoulders tightly, arching her neck as he pulled her down from the step and roughly pushed her against the wall. "Ow.. Vege-" She was abruptly cut off as his lips savagely pushed against hers. She bit back a moan as his hands traversed wildly down her sides, the heat within her was beginning to grow. She gasped several times as he kissed and roughly pushed her legs apart, yanking down her underwear halfway with one finger.

She wanted to continue this escapade so much, but she knew that Yamcha would be there any minute and she was not going to be caught out again like she had been with Kakarott.

"St-op..." She groaned, trying to push him away unsuccessfully.

Vegeta growled as he heard her protests. He reluctantly pulled his lips away and stared at her in mild anger.

Her tongue ran over her already swollen lips. The electronic doorbell resounded through the large room. "I have to go," she didn't know why she was speaking in a whispered voice, it just seemed fitting. All of a sudden she was very afraid of what he would do to her. With a shaky hand, she reached out and placed the palm of her hand against his cheek. She swallowed her fear, "I'm sorry." Standing up on tip toes, she planted a small kiss on the other side of his cheek before pulling up her lowered underwear and walking away towards the front door.

Vegeta all but gaped angrily at her retreating back. Phasing from his position, he appeared beside her and tightly gripped her arm. "You won't be able to avoid me forever Onna. Tonight." With that cryptic message relayed, he phased again and disappeared from sight.

Bulma shook from the pent up lust, mixed with a hint of fear. Since when did she find his domineering presence so overwhelming? Smoothing down her dress once again, she pressed a small green button to open the door. She planted a fake plastic smile on her face as the door slid open. "H-hi Yamcha," she shook her head, telling herself to get a grip. Already her naughty thoughts were straying to the Saiya-jin Prince that had tried to seduce her against the wall.

Vegeta growled as he submerged into the shadows, out of sight from the couple. He didn't trust the scar-faced human. It looked like he would have to keep a watchful eye on them this evening. With his training plans thrown out the window, he watched the pair in hidden anger from the shadows.

Yamcha grinned from behind a bouquet of white tiger lilies. "Hey Bulma!"

Bulma stared at the beautifully arranged flowers. "Who are the flowers for?" She was afraid that he would think this was a date.

Yamcha chuckled and shook his head. "Relax Bulma-chan. They're for your friend, I figured I'd have to give something since I didn't come to the wedding. What do you think of them?" He suspiciously looked at her flushed face. Had she been doing some form of exercise before he arrived?

Bulma laughed in a relieved manner. "They're gorgeous," only slightly disappointed that he didn't get her anything.

He chuckled at her face. "Don't worry, I got you something too." He presented her with a small red velvet box, winking.

She grinned broadly. "Am I that transparent?"

"Absolutely."

She stuck her tongue out at him, but her jaw dropped as she opened the box. "Oh Kami..." She stared at the intricate diamond bracelet that shone from the box, it looked strangely familiar but she couldn't remember exactly from where... She looked up, frowning. "I can't accept this Yamcha, it looks really expensive..."

Yamcha stepped into the darkened house and waved his hand, "It's no problem Bulma." he stared at her intently, wondering if she would remember where he had gotten the bracelet from.

Still gazing admirably at the bracelet, it dawned on her as to where she had seen it before. She looked at him in awe. "Yamcha, this was your mother's!"

He smiled at her sadly, "I was wondering when you were going to figure it out."

She fingered the delicate jewels gracefully. "Didn't your mother give you this and specifically tell you to give it to the person you love?"

He raised his eyebrow and nodded.

"But-"

He cut her off, "But nothing. You know very well that she wanted you to have it, and I do love you Bulma, just not in the way she would have wanted me to. I know deep down, she still wants you to have it."

She smiled sadly. She had been very close with Yamcha's mother... "How is she doing? I haven't seen her in so long..."

He stared at the floor, transfixed by the patterns. "Still sick, she's been asking after you. That's why I couldn't wait any longer to give you the bracelet, Bulma." He took the diamond bracelet from its confines and wrapped it gently around her wrist. He lightly kissed her cheek, "Perfect, ne?"

Bulma reached out and hugged her friend tightly. "I'm so sorry Yamcha. Dad had been trying to find a cure for her illness, but keeps coming up with a blank. I myself have tried, I just can't seem to find any combination of drugs to cure her."

He hugged her back, suppressing the tears that threatened to spill. "It's ok. I just wish she didn't have to suffer" Pulling away, he smiled nonchalantly. "We better go, or we'll be late." Bulma nodded and gripped his hand, leading him out of the mansion. She felt so sorry for her lifelong friend and his mother. They were like a part of her family, a part of her life and to see him suffer so silently, was heart breaking. This was the first time Yamcha had openly spoken of his ill mother and it tore her apart to see him so sad. Silently sliding into the car, she vowed to make him enjoy his evening.

Vegeta stepped out of the shadows and watched them disappear into the night. He growled, "Pathetic human. Worrying over his mother." To be honest, he was about to jump from his hiding place and punch the puny weakling into the ground when he had heard the scar-face say 'I love you' to his mate. But something had held him back, making him listen to the entire sentence.

Stepping out into the chilly night, he flew up into the air and followed the couple. He would be damned if he let Bulma spend an evening alone with the fool. And if he tried anything out of the ordinary, it would be his neck.

*~~~~*

Bulma shrieked and stood up from her place as the memory of her evening was too painful for her to relive. Poor Yamcha! The ground beneath her began to move violently, or was that her? Either way, she felt like she was going to hurl. Somehow, she managed to make it to the sink, heaving unceremoniously into it. Another painful memory jolted through her mind.

"I'm going t-t-to khrill you Wheegeta..." She slurred in her drunken state, as she gripped the edge of the sink. How dare he do such a thing to her? How dare he!!

~*****~

Bulma sighed as she placed her head upon Yamcha's shoulder, slow dancing was definitely her favorite past time. She grinned lazily as they swayed closely to the dreamy music. So far the evening had gone perfectly, she felt completely at peace.

But that was shattered in an instant as she felt Yamcha's hands travel innocently down her waist and he nuzzled his face into the top of her head. She watched in horror as he was hurled back ten feet away from her embrace. She gaped in confusion, as she watched a blue blur flash across her vision and attack her friend once more. "Yamcha!" She cried, approaching his bruised figure slumped on the floor. Everything had been so quick, that she hadn't seen any of the attacks dealt to him.

The entire room had stopped to watch the scene that was created. It was like something in the movies!

Before Bulma could reach Yamcha's fallen state, she cried out in horror as the blue blur kicked him out of the large windows. They were on the twentieth story of the hotel building! And Yamcha had been kicked out of it without a chance in hell of defending himself.

The entire room gasped. Bulma could hear distant screams in the background. Running towards the large broken window, she squinted and looked down, searching for her friend. "YAMCHA!" She screamed down at the top of her lungs. If she looked close enough, she could see him laying sprawled out dangerously on the concrete. Amongst the panic and confusion that had been caused, she managed to fight her way to the exit and take the elevator to the ground floor.

As the two doors of the elevator swung open, she ran blindly to the outside of the expensive and elegant hotel. Running down the steps, she turned her head looking for her friend in a wild manner. It felt as though she were in a dream-like trance. A few meters to her right, she found Yamcha laying completely still on the pavement, a shadow looming over him.

Sobbing for her fallen friend, she ran to them and fell down on her knees beside her friend. "Yamcha?" She shook him, trying to see if he would awaken. It was no use!! She looked up at the shadow in earnest, but a lump formed in her throat as she stared into two endless obsidian eyes. "Vegeta?" She whispered, not believing that he was here. "What are you doing here...?" It was then that the truth touched her soul.

He had done this...

He had hurt her friend.

"Why?" She croaked.

Vegeta snarled at Yamcha's fallen form. "You are my mate." He hissed, the obsidian orbs seemed to have drowned out the whiteness of his eyes. She gasped in horror as he stared at her with two black-filled eyes. What in Kami's name was wrong with him?!

"Bulma..." Yamcha wheezed, trying to sit up. It was a good thing he was strong, or he'd be mince meat right about now.

Bulma tore her gaze away from Vegeta's cold and empty one, to look at her hurt friend. She gently caressed his cheek and smiled shakily. "It's alright, you're going to be-" But she was cut short as she saw a ki beam pierce through Yamcha's heart. She screamed and fell sideways from her knees. Through mangled mascara streaks and tears, she shook him continuously like a mad woman. "Wake up Yamcha, it's not funny anymore! Wake up baby, come on!!" She gritted her teeth and began to cry with heart wrenching sobs. How could her perfect evening be torn to pieces in a matter of minutes?

She stood up, her legs turning to jelly. Ignoring the plea of her restrained legs, she turned angrily towards Vegeta, who's eyes had returned to normal and yet, still had the cold countenance around him.

"You fucking bastard! What have you done?" She shook from anger and pain at the loss of someone dear to her. Killed by her own lover, and yes, somehow Vegeta had become her lover. She regretted every bit of it.

Vegeta snarled at her. "No mate of mine shall be touched in that manner. I still live by Vegeta-sei's rules as should you Onna!" But his entire posture screamed to her, that it was not really him saying these things.

She shrieked, and lunged towards him, pounding her tiny fists against his chest. She screamed with all her might, still pounding him. "YOU SON OF A BITCH, YOU KILLED MY BEST FRIEND!! YOU WERE READY TO LET KAKAROTT SEE ME WITHOUT ANY CLOTHES ON, BUT YOU KILLED MY FRIEND BECAUSE HE TOUCHED ME!?! I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU!! YOU MOTHER FUCKING SAIYA-JIN LUNATIC!!"

For some strange reason, her voice had not gone hoarse from the excessive screaming. She raised her legs, trying to kick him in the groin. Blind rage had taken over any reason she once had. Who cares if he was going to kill her? She shrieked again as he tightly gripped her wrists, ceasing her angry tirade on his chest.

"Kakarott is my comrade, he is of completely different stature." He hissed cruelly into her ear. "I don't give a shit about your pathetic Chikyuu-jin friends. I've warned you countless times about what I would do if I saw him touching you again and still you and your little male friend defied me! You are the property of Vegeta-sei Onna, my planet. You are MY property. Nothing more. I will not tolerate such whorish behaviour from you. Is that clear?!"

He shook her roughly, throwing her to the ground in a disgusted manner. "I would think twice about what you do when you are around me, do you understand, NINGEN?" Sneering at her fallen form, he powered up and blasted away before the crowds of people began to gather around Yamcha's body and Bulma's slumped form. All the while, a stabbing sensation occuring in his chest.

She struggled to her feet and punched the air after him. "YOU MURDERER!! YOU LILY-ASS CUNT!! GET BACK HERE VEGETA!!" She screamed again.

Bulma sobbed relentlessly and fell back down to the ground, the word 'ningen' swimming around in her mind. He hadn't called her that since they were on Vegeta-sei... Crying into the chest of her dead friend, she clung to him desperately. "I'm so sorry Yamcha," she whispered. "Please forgive me, I didn't know this would happen. B-but don't you worry ok?" She sat up partly, letting the tears slide down her face onto his cheeks, staining them with her sadness.

"We're going to revive you ok? We'll wish you back..." She rubbed his lower lip with her index finger, "Everything is going to be alright you'll see..." They were going to Namek-sei after all, and wishes could be granted there. She would be damned if she let Vegeta revive his home planet. Before he could do anything, she was going to revive Yamcha.

Screw him and his fucking planet. She needed her friend and she was going to get him back, even if that meant being killed in the process herself. How could Vegeta do such a thing? Yamcha had meant no harm, it was only an innocent gesture and that gesture had gotten him killed...

Sirens wailed in the background, flashes of red and green spewed her view.

She had forgotten how much of a monster he really was. He killed without any form of remorse.

He was evil.

And she had somehow let him into her heart.

It was then that Bulma had fainted.

*~~~~~*

Bulma gargled and spat out the tap water. Rage was once again blinding her, and she screamed in agony at the loss of her life long companion and friend. Grabbing the wine glass, she hurled it at the nearby wall, causing shards to bounce off of it. A few fragments seared the skin of her cheek and she winced in pain as blood began to ooze from the shallow cuts in her cheek. Downing the rest of the wine in the bottle, she threw the bottle itself against the wall.

She was too far gone to care about anything. Losing her bearings, she kicked the glass table over, causing it to crash loudly on the floor. Sharp shards impaled her once again, this time slashing her bare legs. With her eyes glazed over, she stumbled to one of the drawers and pulled out a bottle of aspirin.

Before she could take the two small pills for her headache, she crumpled to the floor, falling unconscious the minute her head hit the tiled floor with a hollow thud.

**************************************************************** *******

Dende shivered as he hid in the corner of the ship's hull. He didn't know how long he had been there for, it seemed like days. But time in itself could be deceiving. Beads of sweat dripped off the end of his antenna's, landing in pools on the steel floor. How could he be hot, yet cold at the same time? He had never experienced this kind of fever before.

He prayed that the lizard named Frieza wouldn't find him and his hiding place. Once they were on Namek-sei, he would escape and return to his village. He had faith that his people could fight of the evil creatures Dende had encountered. He closed his eyes and sighed.

"BOO!"

Dende jumped and shook in fear as the face of Frieza's right hand man was pushed near his. "D-don't hurt me!" He cried, afraid for his life.

Zarbon chuckled. "Don't worry kid, even I would've ran away if I had seen Frieza knocking boots with another guy..." Zarbon shuddered and before anything else could be said, he delivered a blow to the young boy's stomach. "It'll all be over soon kid." He said to the unconscious boy. "At least you won't be alive to see the destruction of your planet after Frieza gets what he wants." He shook his head and dragged the young boy out of his hiding place.

Zarbon felt sorry for the little tike... Well, almost.

**************************************************************** *******

Vegeta snarled and snatched up Bulma's unconscious body in his arms. He didn't know what had come over him when he had killed her friend. But to see him touching her in such a loving way had driven him over the edge and something had to be done. He felt no remorse for the loss of the human, but he knew Bulma was greatly upset. He shook his head as he carried her to her room. He was still the Saiya-jin no Ouji, still crown Prince. It didn't matter if his planet had been destroyed, he would restore it with the Drak'se on Namek-sei.

He wondered what had evoked him to kill Bulma's friend that evening... It seemed like a strange power had been coursing through his veins when he had pierced the heart of the human called Yamcha. At that moment, he felt slightly bad for taking the man's life in a blind rage, only slightly mind you.

There was something not quite right about his behaviour. He normally would have been in control of his actions, but it was as if something had possessed him... He couldn't quite put his finger on it, but he knew it was something to do with an ancient folklore that was part of the Saiya-jin heirtage...

He would have to ask Bardock what was wrong.

Stepping into the darkened room, he placed Bulma upon the bed and lay down beside her, bringing her to rest in his arms. It seemed as though he couldn't sleep lately, without her in his arms and just because she was angry with him didn't mean he was going to lose sleep over it.

Nuzzling his face into the side of her neck, he inhaled her intoxicating scent and drifted off into a dreamless sleep. So what if he had killed her human friend? He asked himself that for the thousandth time.

He would deal with her tantrums in the morning, right now, the need for him to sleep was so great that he became lulled into a deep sleep.

**************************************************************** *******

A/N: I FEEL SO SICK! DAMMIT! I HATE this chapter with a passion!! I think it's the worst I've written since I started the fic and I have many reasons to believe this.

I think I'm at an all time low... Everything is so BLAH... I feel so down and I don't know why.... You know when you get that feeling that everyone around you hates you? Yeah... I feel like that... Sorry, this is the only way I can let out the pent up emotions... *screams* So this is what happens when writers go completely psycho... lol... ok not funny... Is there anyone out there to cheer me up??! You guys have no idea how many times I have wanted to delete this story from ff.net. Heck, even delete my damn account and stop writing all together... THIS IS A PLEA FOR HELP! Someone cheer me up... anyone?.... To be honest, I feel like s*** so I don't think anyone can... UGH, sorry... Damn depression.

Please forgive me for the delay on this chapter, it's just that I have had to deal with a major case of writer's block... Seriously, I deleted and rewrote this chapter FIFTEEN times... *sigh* I'm still not over the block, my creative flow has just seemed to have vanished as of late... I have the plot for the fic written out, I just can't seem to put it into words and it's hard to write out a chapter practically everyday... That's why I haven't been so dedicated with my updates lately. Everything had been really bringing me down, college, family, friends etc. and I think I've gone through so many stages of depression that it's not even funny...

Let me explain why I killed Yamcha off. It's not because I hate him lol... But the plot of the story is moving towards Namek-sei and in the original DBZ, Yamcha wasn't there. It would have been strange trying to incorporate him on Namek-sei in my story and so I decided to kill his character off. Don't worry though, all you Yamcha fans out there, he will be revived along with Radditz lol.

Ok, well thanks for taking the time out to read this A/N, whoever read it...

Love you guys.