Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Veil ❯ Fhak'tar ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Thanks for all your support. It's good to know that people are still behind me.

*huggles*

Thank you Tee Kat (love ya so much!) and Amora-Ryuko (you're a star!) for your reviews.

It has just come to my knowledge that Trinity6399 was a phony and plagiarized (it's probably old news, but I just found out)... All I can say to that person, is shame on you! I read 'her' fics and thought she was an amazing writer... I just can't believe someone would do that. What is the world coming to? Also Strawberri wine 17 did the same with the fic called 'Crush'... *sigh* Is nothing sacred anymore?

*READ* Pronounce Fhak'tar as 'Fak-tar' and pronounce Uuzura as 'U-zoo-rah'. (names will be explained further on).

**************************************************************** *******

Stepping into the darkened room, he placed Bulma upon the bed and lay down beside her, bringing her to rest in his arms. It seemed as though he couldn't sleep lately, without her in his arms and just because she was angry with him didn't mean he was going to lose sleep over it.

Nuzzling his face into the side of her neck, he inhaled her intoxicating scent and drifted off into a dreamless sleep. So what if he had killed her human friend? He asked himself that for the thousandth time.

He would deal with her tantrums in the morning, right now, the need for him to sleep was so great that he became lulled into a deep sleep.

**************************************************************** *******

A dull ache began to pound through Bulma's head. She groaned and rolled completely off of the bed.

The bed?

She wondered how she had ended up in her room, she could have sworn she was previously in the kitchen. Grunting, she pushed herself up off the floor and collapsed back onto the bed. Memories assuaged her senses, causing her to squeeze her eyes shut and whimper. It was too bad that she had remembered the previous night. She mumbled a string of profane curses under her breath, still with her eyes closed.

She was so immersed in her thoughts that she hadn't noticed the figure that was sitting up beside her.

Bulma snapped her eyes open as she felt the bed oddly shift. She looked over and felt an ache in her chest. The sensation was somewhat close to that of stabbing. Anger flickered in her eyes briefly, before it withered and died out.

She was too tired for another emotional outburst and the pounding in her head had not been so kind as to cease. Instead, she rolled over and pressed her face deep into the pillow, burying it like an underground mole.

Maybe it was the alcohol that had dimmed her emotional reaction, she didn't know. But all she knew at that moment was that she didn't want to deal with Vegeta and his crazy behaviour. There had to be an explanation, but she didn't want to hear it. At least not yet. As the pounding started to fade away, she felt herself drifting off to sleep once more.

Vegeta frowned as he stared at her backside. He had expected her to rant and rave for the loss of her friend, but this was completely new to him. It had strangely been like her behaviour on Vegeta-sei, so out of character... So not like her.

He hesitantly reached out and was about to shake her roughly, when he stopped. He had more pressing matters to deal with, like why was he not in control of his behaviour the previous night? It definitely had something to do with Saiya-jin heritage.

Growling, he kicked off the covers and made his way to the shower. It had been so odd. On Vegeta-sei he had only bathed once a week, knowing well that Saiya-jins did not need to worry about their cleanliness because they were considered to be clean anyway.

But being here on Chikyuu-sei had changed his perception greatly as he observed Bulma and her family bathe every single day. He then decided that if they were good enough to take a bath everyday, then so was he!

Twisting the taps of the shower, he resumed washing off the imaginary 'dirt' on him, all the while thinking that he would have to see Bardock and ask the wise Saiya-jin his thoughts on the strange events that had occurred.

**************************************************************** *******

Bardock meticulously typed in the code into the large space ship he and Dr. Briefs were upgrading. If they were ever to make it to Namek-sei then everything needed to be in full working order. He was not much the one to fight and secretly wondered if he could stay on Chikyuu-sei while his son and Prince went off to do battle with Frieza.

Bardock snarled at the keys as he continued typing. No. To stay on Chikyuu-sei while there was a battle going on would be dishonorable for any Saiya-jin. He was not much of a fighter, but Bardock promised to himself that he would go. He looked around the control room of the large ship, searching for Dr. Briefs.

"Probably off on another one of his inane 'coffee' breaks," Bardock muttered under his breath in slight disgust. He swore that the old man took more breaks than necessary. Were all Chikyuu-jin like him? They did all seem to be lazy creatures, demanding a break every few hours. If Bardock was honest with himself then he would have admitted that he too was picking up small Chikyuu-jin characteristics such as speaking to oneself. He snorted as he heard the portal door behind him open.

He didn't bother taking his eyes off the screen he was looking at, still typing diligently. Not all people were lazy like the old scientist. "About time Briefs!" He had become accustomed to calling Dr. Briefs as just 'Briefs' as his full title was too much of a mouth full.

A snort made Bardock freeze. Turning from his seat slowly, his eyes widened and he instantly fell to the floor on one knee. "Ouji-sama." Being on Chikyuu-sei for so long had not taken away the natural instinct to pay respect to his royal superior.

Vegeta rolled his eyes and motioned for Bardock to stand. Such formalities were beginning to wear thin on him. "You are as crazy as the Onna if you think I am her coot of a father," he drawled indignantly in his mother tongue.

Bardock raised an eyebrow. Why had the Prince suddenly decided on speaking in Saiyago? He replied in the same guttural language. "Forgive me, sire. To what do I owe your presence?"

Bardock stood from his position and looked intently at the heir to the throne of Vegeta-sei. He was still slightly wary of the Prince's temperament. After the incident with him due to Project SJ13, Bardock had been dually aware that it was not safe to anger the hot-headed Prince.

He was just glad that the Prince had somehow managed to forgive him for his participance in the project, which involved Vegeta's lost brother. He wondered if they would find the other child that had been implanted with the Super Saiya-jin gene. Bardock grimaced internally. His own son, Takarott had not been so forgiving as the Prince.

He still refused to acknowledge Bardock's presence. But he had it on good authority that he and Kakarott had become sparring companions and were on speaking terms. The two were so alike and yet different in so many ways. It was all too strange for Bardock to comprehend. After all these years, to finally be reunited with a son that won't even look him in the eyes...

Snapping himself to attention, Bardock listened to the reasoning behind Vegeta's visit.

Vegeta continued impatiently. "Something has happened."

Bardock's ears pricked up in interest. The look on his face seemed highly disturbed which was unusual for the stoic young man before him. He nodded, waiting to hear more of the Prince's revelations.

"Last night I killed one of the Onna's annoying little friends."

Bardock frowned. "And this is news, because?" Did it really matter if Vegeta took a person's life? It was all a part of being a Saiya-jin after all. Who gave a damn if he killed an insignificant Chikyuu-jin.

"Let me finish!" Vegeta snapped at the elder man.

Bardock bowed his head, to show his compliance.

Vegeta hesitated for a moment, unsure of whether to ask the elder Saiya-jin. Shaking his head, he continued nonetheless. "I don't care about the fact that I killed the little shit. It's what happened to me during the killing... Something, something took control of me and I need to know what."

"Did you kill him in rage?" Bardock's voice had gone eerily quiet.

"Does it matter?" He seethed back, but upon seeing the elder Saiya-jins face, he knew he should answer his every question. "Yes. It felt as though I was changing, I can distinctly remember my pupils swallowing out the rest of my eyes. The rage... It consumed me, unlike before. Before, I could control my actions but this was something completely mind boggling, something was stopping me from having any form of rational thought..." He trailed off not knowing why he was saying his inner most thoughts, but he realized that Bardock needed to hear every detail of the occurrence. A scowl formed on his lips as he visibly watched Bardock discolor. It was unusual for Saiya-jins to do this, but when they did, it always meant something bad.

"The Fhak'tar..." Bardock breathed, staring at the Prince. He unconsciously began to inch away from Vegeta's presence.

Vegeta frowned, "The what?" Fhak'tar? What the fuck was a Fhak'tar?! Whatever is was, Vegeta knew it would be bad. He growled impatiently, the anger was building up within him once more. It was a good thing that he had come to Bardock. He visibly tried to calm himself down, not letting the anger get to him.

"The Fhak'tar... It has not lived for many centuries and yet, it arises... Within you!"

Vegeta snarled. Bardock's babbling was really beginning to irritate him. Once again he tried to control his slipping temper.

Bardock quickly spoke of the legend. "The legend of the Fhak'tar is, that it is a mystical creature that lives in the heart of every Legendary that was born on Vegeta-sei, a royal blooded Saiya-jin was always classed to be of Legendary material. When the said royal Saiya-jin reaches the pinnacle of their strength, the Fhak'tar is brought to life within them. This is even worse if the Saiya-jin has taken a mate that does not want to return the bond, as you have... If I am correct Bulma doesn't want to return the bond does she?"

Vegeta remained silent.

"That will be your downfall then..." Bardock spoke quietly, whilst shrugged lightly, "Call it an infection, if you will. A disease is born within the Legendary, and so he begins to transform into the Fhak'tar's physical form, taking on its mental state as well... The only other time I have heard of this happening was two millennia's prior to this one... As you know, there hasn't been a Legendary for two millennia's, but you do not know the reason for it... The Fhak'tar is the very reason for this..." He trailed off, afraid to even speak as he stared at the shaken Prince.

"What happened when the last Legendary Saiya-jin lived?" Vegeta was afraid to find out.

Bardock drew a shaky breath and exhaled. "He transformed into the Fhak'tar and almost destroyed everything and everyone around him. Had it not been for his overwhelming rage, he would have destroyed our planet. The rage builds within and it bursts out unexpectedly. The last Fhak'tar had almost internally combusted due to the inner rage. But it was said that he was helped by his mate, she was forced to bond with him and so she felt obliged to help. She spoke to him and she seemed to be the only one that could get him to regain control."

"But the uneven bond caused for major mishaps to occur between them, the hate they felt for each other consumed the Fhak'tar beast and caused his anger to grow even more. In the end, it was his very own mate who defeated him. She had the upper hand, because as you know Saiya-jin bonds are tied by life, she dishonored herself and took her own life, in turn killing her mate and the dreaded Fhak'tar. But in that dishonor she had placed upon herself, she saved our entire race..." Bardock stared intently at his Prince.

"So our entire race was saved by that very female Saiya-jin. Had it not been for her, we would not exist at present day." Bardock shook his head, not believing that it was a female Saiya-jin who had saved their race from complete annihilation.

He continued speaking.

"After that debacle, the royal Saiya-jins became wary of reaching the pinnacle of their power and so didn't dare exceed it. That is why, over the generations, the royal blood line had grown weak. Weaker than it was two millennia's ago. Saiya-jins that did not possess royal blood, could not reach the power needed to invoke the Fhak'tar to come to life and so everything was at peace, well, as peaceful as our planet can get. Our population grew to great proportions and people were warned of the dangers of the Fhak'tar."

"The story had been passed down from generation to generation and Saiya-jins still believed in it. But, in your father's reign, he had become so fascinated with the idea of becoming the Legendary that he fulfilled his desire to do so, in children like your brother and Takarott since he himself could not reach such a high amount of power. He was so overcome with the desire, he brushed over the consequences. I can see that he did not warn you of the condition, otherwise you yourself would have been wary to become the Legendary... I wanted to warn you, but I couldn't think of how to. Since you had not changed into the Fhak'tar after your transformation to the Legendary, I assumed that the creature was a myth..." How could he have been so stupid?!

"What does this creature look like?" The Saiya-jin no Ouji was clearly shaken by now. He was turning into the dreaded Fhak'tar? The thing that had almost eliminated his entire race?

Bardock shook his head, "The infected Legendary went through different phases of changing into the Fhak'tar. The more he tried to fight the metamorphosis, the more it hurt him. As I recall from my own father, the first stage was exactly as you described it. The Fhak'tar begins to grow within you, consuming you. The reason your eyes were swallowed by your black pupils was a sign that the Fhak'tar beast has been ignited within you from the very anger you felt."

A thought came to him, "Am I to assume that a mishap occurred between yourself and Bulma?"

Vegeta nodded and closed his eyes. This was great! This was just what he needed, another fucking problem on top of the ones he already had!

"Then, the initiation of the Fhak'tar within you, was triggered. If you had not been angered, then I doubt very much that the beast would be growing within you at this very moment..." Bardock didn't want to say it, but it had to be said. "The beast within, must have been slumbering. Now that it has awoken, there is no chance of stopping it from coming out full force. If I am correct, you will have three more instances in which the phases will occur. Only great outbursts of anger will trigger the phases, but believe me, it won't take much to anger you because the Fhak'tar is already feeding on your emotions, causing you to react in a volatile manner..."

A growling sound reverberated from Vegeta's chest. "Tell me the phases. Now!" Patience was not a virtue of his, and he always seemed to get angry if he was kept waiting. At that moment, he seemed a little more angry than he should have been.

Bardock swallowed and continued, "The first phase you have already experienced. The second phase is obtaining the creature's great power and urge to kill anyone and anything. The third phase is the growth of body parts, an extension of the Fhak'tar."

"Such as?" Vegeta interjected. He could live with the power but he wasn't so sure of the physical deformities.

"Let me see... I learned this a very long time ago... Ah, yes, you will begin to grow extremely long fangs... The Fhak'tar feeds on blood, any kind of blood and it absorbs power as well, for which the hands have to turn into large... Paws, only on one hand though." Vegeta raised his eyebrow. Paws? But Bardock continued speaking before he could entertain the thought any further. "You will also begin to take the shape of a Fhak'tar, a desert-like cat shape if I am correct and..." He trailed off, frowning.

"And?" Vegeta urged.

"Your hair will turn white. As white as the snow we have on Vegeta-sei."

Vegeta quirked his brow even more. White hair? Fuck that, he wanted to be his normal shape not some cat-like creature!! A strange question came into his mind. "Why is this creature in the feline range when Saiya-jins are born and bred extensions of the Oozaru form?" It seemed odd that he would transform into a large cat rather than lean towards the Oozaru side.

The frown on Bardock's face increased, "It has something to do with ancient folklore on Vegeta-sei. At one time, we were part Oozaru and part Uuzura-"

"Uuzura?" This word was completely new to him.

Bardock nodded, "An Uuzura is a deadly cat, Chikyuu-sei has one such Uuzura called a tiger I believe."

Vegeta nodded and Bardock began his explanation once more. "Our ancestors were part Oozaru and part Uuzura, but our ape form was more dominant and so through the time, the Uuzura form was suppressed and from there it retreated and lay dormant, only awaking when triggered by the transformation to the Legendary and thus turning into the Fhak'tar which still part Saiya-jin, but part Uuzura and Legendary as well. The power a Fhak'tar possesses is beyond comprehension, it is said to have been greater than Frieza and his Ice-jin ancestors..."

Vegeta flinched at the mention of Frieza. "Is there a cure?" He said through gritted teeth.

The elder and much wiser Saiya-jin shook his head. "Not one that is know. It was said that the previous Fhak'tar was almost lulled into a submissive state by their mate, but their bond was not strong on the female's part and so even she had lost control. As I have old you before, the only way to defeat his was for her to take her own life... I am not sure how this would be in Bulma's case, as she is Chikyuu-jin and so I do not know what-"

"I am not going to die by the hands of a woman!" Vegeta snapped, cutting Bardock off. Already his temper was growing to great proportions. He visibly tried to calm himself down, not saying another word Vegeta spun around and stormed out of the ship, back to where Bulma's sleeping form lay in the Capsule Corp. mansion.

She was a scientist.

Maybe she could find cure, after all every disease had a cure to it.

He snorted, thinking that it was exactly what Bardock had called it. An infection.. A disease.

Well, he was not going to internally combust or die at the hands of a woman! He was going to fins his own way out of it, Frieza be damned, he was going to survive this 'disease' if it meant destroying everything that stood in his way...

Little did Vegeta know, he was already being infected by the Fhak'tar and it's poisonous thoughts.

**************************************************************** *******

A/N: Sorry if the chapter was a little confusing. I didn't want to write it, but I had to explain the reasons for Vegeta killing Yamcha.

Thanks for all of your kind reviews. All your support means so much to me, I love you guys!! *huggles* All your reviews reminded me jusy how much I am appreciated and that is what's making me continue.

Love you guys.

Please R&R this chap and let me know if it was ok, or if it was confusing. If so then I'll have to revise it.

Till the next chapter, Ja ne!