Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ What in the world did I do to deserve this?! ❯ chad doing the funky chicken?Nani?! ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
What in the world did I do to deserve this?

by SVZ



SVZ's note: Okay, I know Raye's school in the manga is an all girls school and I don't know if it applies to the anime, but I'm making Raye's school a private school that has male and female students. Raye is also THE most popular girl in the school no da!!!

Disclaimer:

Ok...the word fanfiction. Keyword :fan . Get my drift?


Chapter six

It would have been a beautiful Moday morning for Trunks, if he hadn't been forced to go to Brookdale High to give a speech.Originally, Bulma was going to to give the speech but Vegeta's gravity machine broke down at the last second...and Trunks was stuck with the job of giving a LOOOOOONG speech to some spoiled rich brats at the private school

'Well, at least Raye will be there,'thought Trunks optimistically as he went inside the school to the main office.
Trunks was not very reassured when he was greeted by a very hyper nun (SVZ's note: I know, the school is runned by *shudder* NUNS!!) whom acted very much like his grandmother.It was a scary comparison.
'And I thought Gohan acted weird when he had sugar in his coffee...'thought Trunks nevously.
"Right this way, sweetie,"giggled the young nun.
'SWEETIE!!??'Trunks's eyes bulged but he managed to recollect himself and followed the lady into the auditorim.
Within minutes, the entire school was there and Trunks was in a panic. 'Kami...help me...please?'
Trunks cleared his throat and the mid of chatter stopped.Everyone looked at him, expectantly.Trunks sweatdropped.
'Now what? Oh yeah...mom's speech...'
"Um, I'm Trunks Brief and I know you were expecting my mom but something came up so I am here to take her place.Any questions before we start?"questioned Trunks.
Silence.
"Comments?"asked Trunks warily.
About the entire female population had their hands up.
"Okay...you with the braids,"said Trunks.
"Um..I just want to say... I THINK YOUR HOT!!!"
Trunks forced himself to calm down and not commit suicide in front of everyone. " Okay...anyone else?"
A blonde girl raised her hand. "Are you, like, single?" she asked, the perfect example of a valley girl.
" I AM single but I have no interest in dating,"answerd Trunks.He noted with satisfaction that almost all the girls who had their hand up had them down now.He spied a guy whom was waving like mad.
"Yes?"he asked, hoping , REALLY hoping that guy wasn't gay...Trunks cringed.
" My name is Randy and I think your mom is hot,"he remarked, grinning like an idiot.
"And so do quite a number of men," Trunks responded.
The guy wasn't finished. " And I think your dad is a freak of nature with receding hairline and no match to the almighty Hercule."
Trunks winced. 'Ouch...that guy IS pathetic...'
"Um, let's move along shall we?"said Trunks. He then began a long speech about the invention of capsules and how it changed modern society.About ten minutes after, he finished speaking (and answering some even more sad questions) and the students got the rest day off because of the assembly.
Trunks weaved his way through the crowd to where Raye was sitting.She was surrounded by many admirers and classmates and in all honesty, Trunks thought Raye looked relieved when she saw him.
"Hey Raye," Trunks greeted. He enjoyed the look of shock and awed looks Raye was recieving for ACTUALLY KNOWING TRUNKS BRIEF.Besides, it'll cause some of his fanclub members to quit.
Raye must have shared the same enjoy of confusing her fellow pupils because she played along. "Why hello, I have seen you since yesterday,"she said pleasantly.
One of her classmates said in a theatrical whisper, " Raye, you know Trunks Brief?"
Trunks answered for her, " Of COURSE. We are VERY close friends.May I walk you home?"Trunks made a big show of draping his arm around Raye's shoulder.
Raye knew exactly what he was aiming for so she gave her classmates a dazzling white smile, "I have to go you guys,bye."
Trunks and Raye made it through the auditorim doors before they both cracked up, leaning against the doors to secure their balance.
"I can 't believe we pulled it off," laughed Trunks.
Raye didn't reply.She was laughing too hard.

Once they managed to get themselves under control, Trunks offered to walk Raye home for real and Raye accepted, forgetting that Chad would be less than happy about the arrangement....
~*~*~*~* Time Gap!!!!~*~*~*~*

At Sendai temple, Raye was wondering if Chad and Trunks would EVER get along. For the past 15 minutes ( She was keeping track) they were both giving killer glares at each other.
' And I thought Grandpa would be unhappy...' Raye thought sarcastically.Her grandpa, was, however, missing at the moment. Most likely gone off to chase poor innocent teenage girls to see if they want a part time job at the temple.

Raye turned her attention to the guys that were in front of her.Chad was dissing Trunks's hair.
"I mean, what's up with the two pieces of hair in your eyes?"sneered Chad.
Trunks snorted, "You should talk,have you ever heard of the word: haircut?"
It took Chad's peanut size brain 20 seconds to register what Trunks said to him. It took even longer for Chad to realize it was SUCH a diss.
Serena decided to pop in right at THAT moment with a donut half way into her mouth. " Yay guys, school's over!!! I have a few more donuts !! Anyone want to join me?" ^^
Raye resisted the urge to chuck something at the future Queen Serenity." No thanks Serena, we're kinda in the middle of a crisis..."
So Serena went on happily stuffing her face and for some reason, Chad's tiny little brain told him to try and punch Trunks.
Keyword here. Try.
Trunks swiftly turned sideways making Chad punch the wall behind him.
Raye winced at the sound. 'Ooh..that GOT to hurt...'
Chad was now performing something that ( in Trunks's opinion) looked like something between the hokey pokey, the funky chicken, and the disco, all in one.Or to put it simply, Chad was screaming bloody murder at the top of his lungs hopping on one foot and nursing his (hopefully) broken hand. I like the first description better ^^
Raye tried to glare at Trunks but failed.

Trunks was giving her a completely 'innocent -enough- to -be -an -angel'look but the smirk ( he inherit fom his dad) had completely gave it away.
'This can NOT get any worse...'thought Raye in despair.
It just did.
Raye's grandpa came back and well....
He was welcomed home with the sight of his assisitant screaming his head off...
"Raye, please explain..."
........
.......
Raye shot a look at Trunks that clearly said, "You got me into this crap, you get me out,".
Trunks cleared his throat, "Well you see sir, um...I was acompaning Raye home from school when Chad there got all mad and he tried to kill me *cough yeah right *cough* and so I stepped aside and he punched the wall."
Raye noticed he didn't mention the entire dissing game they played.
Grandpa Hino looked at Raye, " Is that boy telling the truth ?"
Raye nodded, crossing her fingers behind her back. ' At least it's partly true..'
"Well then, Chad, get your little behind over hear and we're going to talk about proper way of greeting my granddaughter's -" Grandpa Hino stopped short.
He turned to Trunks, "Are you Raye's boyfriend by any chance?"
Trunks shook his head, reddening. "No sir, I'm just a friend of Raye's."
"Good. Keep it that way,"mumbled Grandpa Hino.
When her grandfather was out of sight, Raye explained to Trunks, "Grandpa is kinda overprotective of me and he doesn't like the idea of me dating anyone."
'Damn...' thought Trunks.
They both realize that Serena was still there, munching to her heart's content .Not listening and have a care to the world.For taht they were grateful for her naiveness.
For once, Raye congratualted her princess for her attention span that couldn't be much longer that a gnat.
Trunks sweatdropped," I better go before your pal Chad comes back with a hatchet..."
" Ja ne."
"Adios."


~*~*~*~ At CC~*~*~*~*

Trunks had confined himself into his room once again.He made a mistake by telling his dad that some punk callled him " a freak of nature with receding hairline and no match to the almighty Hercule." Vegeta was VERY pissed off ( SVZ's note : Who wouldn't after being called a freak of nature?)and deeply offended and now on a rampage trying to kill every guy named Randy in Tokyo.
Trunks judged by the sound of the screaming in the streets, Vegeta was very sucessful.
'Now Trunks, Raye is your friend. ONLY our friend. STRICTLY your friend...a beautiful friend-WHA?? What am I thinking ??? I must be hanging around Yamcha too long...now remember Raye is only your friend whom you are in lov- Oh Kami, I can't TAKE IT ANY MORE!!!'
Trunks slammed his head on his desk (causing the desk to fall apart from all the pressure). He let the pain distract his mind for a bit so he wouldn't have to deal with his feeling for a certain raven-hairred miko.
He repeated the words that ran through his head last night. Only this time, it wasn't meant in a cheerful way.
' What in the world DID I do to deserve this? Dende, I wish they hadn't wish me back...I wonder if Shenron could make me dead if I asked him...'
TBC

SVZ's note: Yes, instead of doing my crappy Chinese Homework, or any homework, or studying for my test and quiz on Monday, I devoted a quarter of this gorgeous afternoon to writing this. Don't you readers feel special? ^^ Feel free to e-mail me for comments or suggestions. NO flames. Constructive crititism welcomed, and if you have an e-mail address please fill that section of the review form out, I send a mailing list whenever I complete a chapter.Until then, ja ne and stay tuned ^^