Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ WW3: The Zen Resistance ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer-DBZ, the Great Depression, Hitler, and WWII aren't mine

Prologue

No one knows the exact date when, but Earthlings, Saiyans, and Nameks have lived together on Earth for decades. All three had their special attributes. Nameks had the power of longevity and healing, Saiyans the power of immense strength and the power to transform under a full moon, and Earthlings the power of intellect and technology.

For years, the three groups lived in peace on planet Earth. Earthlings had opened their home planet to the fleeing refugees of Vegetasei and Namek, planets destroyed by far greater powers. The groups lived in peace and prosperity for hundreds of years.

Then an economic crash known as the Great Depression fell on the planet and all was chaos. Trade ceased, people lost homes and jobs. While Earthlings went to work on their economy, many Saiyans regressed into a primitive, nomadic state of hunting and gathering. Nameks, too, returned to nature as a peaceful civilization. The exits of these groups helped raise the economy a little, but not enough to bring the economy back to what it was.

During these times, a new leader rose. He was a young man named Adolph Hitler from the country of Germany. He preached to the Earthlings about their 'superiority' above others, and their 'destiny' to rule the universe. He laid the blame for the Great Depressions on the Nameks, Saiyans, and the Earthlings he deemed unworthy, condemning them as savages. He ordered the killing of all Saiyans and Nameks, and later on, the killing of all Earthlings who were not Aryan Protestants. He took it even further as to separate the blonde-haired, blue-eyed Aryans from the rest, placing the 'unworthy' ones into slums and ghettos.

People went in fear of their lives. Suicide bombers called kamikaze struck without warning or mercy. Saiyans, Nameks, and non-Aryans were rounded up and sent to death camps.

After years of death and war, Adolph Hitler died. His son took the throne, and then his grandson, and then his great-grandson. 64 years since the start of WWII, the Earth's ruler still bears Adolph's name.

Lurking in the shadows are the small flecks of hope that keep people alive. They are embodied in a group of young men and women known as the Zen Resistance.

As hope stirs, so does a revolution.