Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Yamcha & Vegeta ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ.

By: SSLetta

Pairings: Yamcha X Vegeta

Notes: This is my first yaoi (I always just read it before), so this might be a little shaky.

`Denotes thought'

Rating: R, for the friendly men situation, if you catch my drift. A certain friend of mine wouldn't *couchLordesscough* I should probably change it to NC-17.

Yamcha & Vegeta

*About a year later…*

"Go away!" Vegeta shouted at the pounding on his gravity machine door. `Doesn't he realize I'm trying to train? How can I become a Super Saiyan when I've got everyone distracting me?! He should be training, anyway, instead of wasting his time running around annoying the hell out of me.'

"C'mon Vegeta! I just want to talk!" Yamcha's muffled voice came through the door.

"We're talking now."

"I meant in private."

"Well I'm not coming out, and I'm not slowing down my training to `talk'." He could hear him yell some angry curse and stomp away. Vegeta grunted and did another push-up. He couldn't understand why humans always wanted to "talk". It was a pointless waste of time. `It's not like he won't be over whatever it is by tonight, anyway.' The saiyan flipped over onto his back and began a series of sit-ups. He had just turned up the gs on his machine and could feel the satisfying strain on his muscles as they burned with the effort.

Before he knew it, the prince found his mind wandering from his training, which annoyed him to no end. He sort of wished that his mate were strong enough to train with him. The more he thought about Yamcha, though, the more he suddenly felt an urge growing first in his stomach and then in his nether regions. His muscled chest, delectable mouth, and even that little quirk of twitching his upper lip when he got nervous threatened to make Vegeta lose control. He hurriedly switched his thoughts back to his training, knowing he could never reach the status of Super Saiyan with his mind distracted. He'd see him tonight, anyway.

*****

Yamcha sulked back to his own gravity room. He couldn't help feeling… ignored. Over the past year, they had managed to keep it quiet, but that didn't mean that a shared secret would keep them close. `Damn him and that stupid gravity machine! Damn his obsession with becoming a Super Saiyan! It's the only thing on his mind besides…' Yamcha felt a blush creep onto his face despite himself. He may be completely smitten with the saiyan, but that didn't mean that there weren't problems. `Is he so thick-headed that he can't see that?' The guy wouldn't even take five minutes out of his training to talk! All he wanted was to work through some problems. Vegeta had a nasty habit of always putting him second, of taking him for granted.

Yamcha stormed up to the outer shell of his gravity chamber and punched in the buttons on the outside panel, allowing the ramp to lower. Once inside, he turned the gravity up to a level he wasn't sure he was comfortable with, but he was mad, so what did it matter? He then put himself through one of the most grueling workouts he had since the last time he got this mad, which seemed to happen more and more lately. It may be improving his endurance, and boosting his strength, but at the moment, he really didn't give a damn.

*****

Bulma watched Yamcha storm away from Vegeta's gravity chamber. `He seems to be doing that a lot. Why does he keep getting so worked up… and what does Vegeta have to do with it? This just makes me wonder more if there isn't something going on between those two that I don't know about… but Vegeta doesn't seem the type, and I dated Yamcha! Except, I haven't seen Yamcha look at any girls for Kami knows how long…' She sighed, shaking her head, not entirely sure she wanted to know what was going on. `Yamcha is one of my best friends, and if he has something he wants to tell me, he'll do it on his own, without my sneaking around… Well, nothing wrong with a little push in the right direction.'

She walked away from her perch on the window, ready to get back to work on the prototype in her lab. A fifteen-minute break managed to turn into three hours. It wasn't as if they didn't have a whole slew of robots running around since her interest in androids really took off, but she completely revamped her entire design. It was the prototype of her latest model, and it held a lot of excitement for her. The earlier ones had just been something to get her feet wet, but now she was focusing on power levels. Yamcha had helped her with that part, and she did make a copy of a scouter way back when. She'd probably be a lot farther along, and even have a model to rival that of Gero's himself, except that she was easily sidetracked. On the plus side, they had a new security system, which took a couple months to oversee everything, and a lot of other new toys.

It took her a few minutes to wander back to her lab, but she had to use some evasive maneuvers on her mother, who was after her to try some sort of cooking experiment, that looked like it didn't quite work. Normally, she loved her mom's cooking, but there were times when the woman went overboard. So, being the thoughtful daughter that she was, she was using every trick in the book to ditch her mother in order to get back to her lab without some sort of permanent taste bud damage.

When she finally did get to her project, her taste sensory units unscathed, she went right to getting out some of the basic parts she would need. She'd been collecting for a while, so she had a bunch of materials lying around. Before her break, she had just finished the blue prints, and she was ready to start on building the fundamental components. She had a feeling that she'd be going to bed very late that night, and she was usually right when she had those feelings. At least her dad said he would stop in to help her later. The android fever had managed to get to him, too.

As she arranged the different parts on her workbench, she ran over where certain systems would be operated from, in her mind. Mobility, analyzing, and fighting systems were at the top of her list. She really focused on the analyzing because she didn't want her android going after everyone it came across for a fight. Mobility almost went hand-in-hand with fighting, which was why several of their components were linked. This would beat those training bots they built for Vegeta by a long shot. She could also test this android out on the saiyan… or at least, Yamcha. She didn't want it completely destroyed before she figured out what needed to be improved.

The early models she had built were all specially designed for a specific task, so their programming had been simple. Then, as she begun building them for multi-tasks, she discovered that not only the programming had to be improved, but also the way she built them. The part that really stumped her about this android was how to get it to withstand blows from fighters like Vegeta and Yamcha, and once she figured that out, how to keep its "batteries" from wearing out. It would take an incredible amount of energy to go up against a saiyan, but in the end, she was pretty sure she came up with a winner. She designed a system that would recharge itself. It used only the barest fraction of energy to do this, too! Bulma felt good about this model.

At about two-thirty in the morning, she finally crawled out of her lab, ready to hit the sack. It was on her way to the stairs when her stomach reminded her that she had forgotten to eat supper. A quick trip to the kitchen would remedy that. When she got to the kitchen, though, she was shocked to see a very depressed looking Vegeta staring at a feast without seeing it. The sheer fact that he wasn't touching what appeared to be the entire contents of her formerly full fridge was the most surprising.

"Hey Vegeta, you okay?" she asked, seeming to snap him out of his reverie.

*****

When Vegeta left his gravity room, he immediately went to seek out the single most distracting man he knew. He found Yamcha stewing in his own thoughts underneath a tree nearby. The somber mood that enveloped his mate unnerved him. He'd change that.

Vegeta bent down and began nibbling at his neck, but found himself being pushed away. He looked at him with a slightly confused expression. The return look was a little too grave for his comfort. He sighed resignedly and with an annoyed tone, asked, "What is it?"

"I've been thinking. I know we've got androids coming, and how you feel you have to get stronger than Goku, but is it too much to ask for you to take five minutes off from training to talk to me," Vegeta opened his mouth to protest, but Yamcha continued, "and why is it the only time you seem to notice I'm alive is when we're screwing? Is it really that I'm just something to take the edge off, or what?"

"Stop being an idiot…"

"I'm not the one who's being an idiot, Vegeta!" Yamcha flared, as he cut him off. Vegeta was a little shocked; Yamcha hadn't yelled at him like that since he was chasing after him, trying to get him as a mate. It also made the prince begin to get mad. `How could he think that? Would I take him as my mate if he didn't mean something to me?!'

"You're being paranoid."

"You should talk! All you think about is beating Goku! You lock yourself in that damn gravity machine all day long, and only come out for a `quick fix' or something to eat!"

"You think that I'm not paying enough attention to you? Maybe if you stopped pounding on my door every five minutes, I'd be more likely to want you hanging around!" Vegeta yelled back, steaming.

"It's not like you're going anywhere! You should realize that you'll never beat Goku, and you'll never be a Super Saiyan, so you might as well give up! You're nowhere near what Goku was at when he came back from space." Vegeta gaped at those words for a moment, letting them sink in, and letting his rage get the better of him by shooting out a fist. Yamcha must've thought it was meant for him, because he ducked yelling out something, but Vegeta only wanted to kill the miserable tree he was leaning against.

It splintered with a sickening crack, sending shards shooting out in all directions. What was left toppled over backwards, landing with an earthshaking crash as it hit the ground. Vegeta let his fist remain where the trunk once stood for a moment, staring beyond into the inky black of night. After a minute, he looked down at his bewildered mate crouched below.

"What the hell were you trying to do, Vegeta?!"

"Hit the tree," he answered with a voice that sounded far away, but then he snapped back, as angry as before. He rose from his crouched position. "I'm out of here."

"We're through. Don't come back."

"Don't worry, I won't." He strode away, towards the Capsule Corp. building. He just wanted to get out of there. Yamcha watched him go, stewing under what used to be a tree. `Go to hell, Vegeta.' He pushed himself up angrily, and shot off towards his apartment without looking back. For all he cared, Vegeta could crawl in a hole and die. When he reached his balcony, he shoved the glass doors open, not bothering to shut them behind him and stripped down to his boxers. He was about ready to go to bed, when he figured a nightcap wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Yamcha made his way to his kitchen, and after searching through his cupboards, found a bottle of scotch. He grabbed a glass from the counter and poured himself some, and walked over to his couch. It didn't take him long to finish off the bottle, and by then, he was feeling the effects of alcohol, not to mention an urge to visit the bathroom, which he quickly gave into, by staggering there.

About fifteen minutes later, Yamcha managed to make it to his bedroom, and flopped on his bed. He immediately fell off, but when he realized it, he climbed back on. He couldn't help the dull feeling that the spot next to him seemed painfully empty.

*****

"Hey Vegeta, you okay?" The saiyan prince looked up from his daze. His eyes focused on the blue-haired woman. `She had asked me something, what was it?'

"Yo, earth to Vegeta, you all right?" `That's it.'

"I need something to drink. Something strong."

"Rough day of training?" she asked, with agonizing cheerfulness.

"You could say." She walked out of the room, only to return a few minutes later with two large bottles containing something he didn't recognize. "It's either this, or the Chardonnay my mom keeps around in case we have guests."

"What is it?"

"Tequila. Anyway, they say misery loves company, and even if I'm not miserable, I'll drink with you anyway. I want to celebrate my project, and since my dad and mom are sleeping, you'll do." He only grunted in reply. Bulma got up and walked over to the dishwasher, grabbing two glasses from it, and returned to the table. She sat down and poured them each a drink.

"I'm not really sure how well saiyans can hold their liquor, so I grabbed two bottles." He just grabbed his glass and downed the liquid as fast as he could. The next few went the same way. He looked at her with mild disgust.

"This is the strongest you have?"

"Just wait," she smiled, refilling their glasses. It didn't take Vegeta that many more before he felt it hit him, and it hit him hard. He was beginning to feel a little tipsy, and then he felt completely wasted. Bulma didn't seem to be doing much better. The main thing, was that the ache had ebbed a good deal. The woman's annoying chatter was beginning to sound more pleasant, too. `I'll have to drink this more often.' As he downed another drink, he began to think that the woman wasn't looking half bad right now. He usually didn't notice.

Bulma sat across from Vegeta, feeling more than just a buzz. It was time for her to go to bed. She staggered to her feet, waiting a moment as she adapted to the spinning of the room. As she stumbled to the back stairs, she turned back to Vegeta.

"I'm… going tah bed… are you?" neither really picked up the slur in her voice.

"Wiff you?" Vegeta wasn't doing much better with his newfound speech impediment.

"Shure, why not?" The prince got up and managed to get over to her, then climb the stairs after her. It was a little hard, but they both made it up. When Bulma found her room, she fell onto her bed, followed by a very intoxicated saiyan prince. Neither one remembered much after that, and they both had a pounding headache in the morning.

A/N: Bet you were wondering how I was going to get Trunks to happen, weren't you? So was I.