Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Yamcha & Vegeta ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ.

By: SSLetta

Pairings: Yamcha X Vegeta

Notes: This is my first yaoi (I always just read it before), so this might be a little shaky.

`Denotes thought'

Rating: R, for the friendly men situation, if you catch my drift. A certain friend of mine wouldn't *couchLordesscough* I should probably change it to NC-17.

A/N: Sorry about not updating for a while. This one was a little hard to write, but mostly, I was slacking, and for some stupid reason, I joined track, so I don't get home from practice until 5:30 or 6:00. Oh, and then I spent some time making up weak excuses about why I haven't gotten this done sooner.

Yamcha & Vegeta

*Two weeks later*

"Yamcha, I'm pregnant."

"Pregnant? Are you sure?" She nodded dumbly. "Well, who's the father?"

"Vegeta." Yamcha's face paled considerably, and a look of utter betrayal spread across his visage. `No! Not him! Anyone but him!' It seemed like forever before he could squeak out a response. "Vegeta?"

"Yes, I don't know what I was thinking! Kami! How did this happen?" Bulma dropped her head to her hands and started crying while Yamcha just stared blankly ahead of him. `Vegeta!' he thought, ruefully. `How could you do this to me?' He slowly brought his arms up and hugged himself. He had never felt so… so betrayed, and lonely. He felt angry and sad and sorry. `Vegeta, my Vegeta! What were you trying to prove? That you don't need me, that you can live without me?' He didn't want to think how Vegeta was no longer his. How he said he'd always belong to him, and vice versa. He didn't want to think about how he had told Vegeta not to come back, how he had ended it. He didn't want to think, for thinking was Vegeta. Eating, sleeping, drinking, breathing- it was all Vegeta. There was no escape, the man had become the essence of his life, and he'd been in complete denial these past two weeks. `How could I have thought I could live without him?! How can I live?'

Yamcha could feel his eyes welling up with tears. He had told Vegeta those stupid words in a moment of anger, and the saiyan had listened. He had gone out and slept with someone else the moment he was free. `Why did that someone else have to be my best friend? Why did there have to be a someone else?' It seemed like it was over now. He no longer had his prince.

*****

Vegeta stood outside the room, listening to the muffled cries of the woman, hearing nothing from his mate. He had meant to make her pregnant, so he could hurt the man like he had hurt him. Now , he suddenly wished he hadn't. He had damaged the relationship beyond repair, he was sure of it. `What was I thinking?' He slumped against the wall and slowly sunk to the floor. `How am I going to fix this? Whenever these ridiculous humans have a problem, they go to Kakkarot.' He was ready to admit he knew very little about romantic relationships. `Kakkarot managed to stay married to that nag for how many years, and only Kami knows why. Maybe it's not such a bad idea…' His mind was made up, he would do whatever it took to get his mate back, and right now, Kakkarot seemed to be his best bet. How he was going to keep that baka quiet was beyond him, but he didn't have a lot of options.

As silently as he had come, he left, taking to the air the moment he was outside. It didn't take long to locate the man's power, it was so huge, but to his dismay, he noted Piccolo and Gohan were there too. He darted around the snowy mountain peaks, zeroing in on his target. When he was close enough to see the expressions on their faces, it was apparent they had all sensed him long ago, but remnants of surprise were evident, except for Piccolo, who only wore an annoyed expression.

"Hey Vegeta, changed your mind?" Goku asked, referring to Vegeta's earlier refusal to train with them.

"Don't flatter yourself. I want a word with you."

"Go ahead."

"In private," Vegeta said, resting his eyes on Piccolo and Gohan.

"Sure, Vegeta," Goku said, flying out of earshot, while motioning for Vegeta to follow. When they stopped, Goku turned to Vegeta, an easy expression on his face. "So what's the problem?"

"I… need relationship advice," he mumbled the last part, but Goku managed to discern it.

"About Bulma?" Goku seemed eager as he asked it.

"No."

"Dump them."

"What?!"

"Dump them," Goku repeated, evenly. Vegeta was dumbfounded for a moment, but then he figured he should start over.

"I need you to promise not to tell anyone."

"Fine, I promise."

"I found a mate…"

"Bulma?" Goku interrupted.

"No!"

"But Trunks said…" Goku snapped his hands over his mouth as his eyes went wide.

"Who is Trunks?" Vegeta asked, annoyance more than ebbing his voice.

"No one."

"Then don't mention him. As I was saying, I found a mate. We had a fight. I was mad and I made a big mistake."

"What?"

"I got Bulma pregnant. Now, my mate… they know."

"Who's your mate? Anyone I know?" He asked, feeling very relieved, but confused.

"…Yamcha." Goku stared at Vegeta in shock, disbelief marring his features.

"Yamcha?"

"Yes." Then, to Vegeta's horror, the baka started laughing. It wasn't innocent chuckling, either, it was roaring laughter. "Shut up, Kakkarot!" the prince yelled, anger flashing across his features. Goku stopped with a little difficulty, barely suppressing another onslaught while Vegeta spoke.

"Are you going to help me or not?"

"Yeah, sure, I mean, if Bulma's taken care of, then why not?"

"Why do you keep bringing up that insufferable woman?!"

"No reason. Look, just go back to Capsule Corp. for the night, I'll think of something, and come by tomorrow." Vegeta wasn't too sure.

"You won't tell?" It seemed to Goku that it was more a command than a question.

"Of course not!" Vegeta paused a moment, then shot off. As he flew away, Vegeta couldn't help wondering if he had just made the second biggest mistake of his life. Goku waited until the saiyan prince was out of earshot before letting out his last bout of laughter. When he was done, Goku rejoined his bewildered son and an amused Namek. Goku knew from the look on his friend's face, that the large ears had picked up every word.

"You won't say anything, will you?"

"Only under one condition."

"What's that?"

"I go with tomorrow." As Goku peered at the Namek's smirking face, he began to wonder if he had ever lost that streak of sadism.

"You need that kind of advice, too?" Piccolo face-vaulted at those words, yelling out an enraged, "No!"

"Yeah, I know. I just wanted to see how you'd react," Goku said, smiling as he ducked the namek's fist that suddenly flew at him. The rest of their day was spent in intense sparring, that soon went beyond the capabilities of Gohan, forcing the boy to sit and watch as his father and mentor duked it out, and studying their techniques. It also gave him a little time to try and figure out why Vegeta had come all the way out here to talk to his dad, and then leave right away again.

The prince wouldn't have come to spar, and he didn't come to set a sparring date. If he had wanted to fight, he wouldn't have left, not wait until later. Then, there was also Piccolo trying to restrain his laughter, but letting a few chuckles escape while Vegeta and his dad talked. Obviously, the namek had heard what was said. It must have been something really embarrassing to make Piccolo chuckle. `What would be so embarrassing to Vegeta?' Something to do with his ignorance of the planet, probably. `What would make him tell dad? Something unresolved. Something he didn't know how to fix, but could trust my dad with. Maybe Bulma knows, he lives with her.' Gohan would have thought about it more, but a sudden growl from his stomach completely diverted his attention.

*****

Goku flew alongside Piccolo towards Capsule Corp. He had called Bulma that morning to tell her that he was coming over after he had finished breakfast. She seemed a little nervous over the phone, but he had a pretty good guess as to why. After giving Gohan some instructions for a morning workout that he expected to be finished when he got back, he snuck out the back door and ran right into Piccolo. He really hadn't bothered to come up with a back-up plan, and figured that if Vegeta decided to attack, he could transform into a super saiyan and have the namek there to back him.

When they reached the compound Vegeta was nowhere to be seen, but the hum of a gravity machine directed them to him… that and his power level. Goku was about to bang on the door when Piccolo caught his arm. The saiyan looked at him confusedly.

"I don't think it would wise to punch a hole in that thing while it's on." Goku nodded then turned back towards the door and shouted out the prince's name, causing Piccolo's hands to fly to his ears in pain. A moment later, the door opened, and Vegeta appeared, scowling. He looked at Piccolo, but spoke to Goku.

"What's he doing here?" He had sensed that Goku wasn't alone long before they had arrived.

"He overheard," Goku said, as if it were the most natural, normal, and expected thing in the world. Vegeta's eyes closed in annoyance for a brief second before he opened them again to stare fiercely at the namek before him.

"If you say anything, I will rip you apart with my bare hands."

"I'm just here for the show." Vegeta merely snorted in reply, then looked towards Goku.

"Well?"

"Well, what?"

"What's your plan?"

"Oh! Okay, so I was up late last night thinking this out, and I came up with something. Whenever Chichi gets mad at me, I have to bring home flowers and stuff, and since Yamcha is like the woman, and women like that stuff, we need to give him that!" Vegeta and Piccolo stared at Goku like he had gone insane for a moment.

"Is that it?!" Vegeta asked.

"No, that took me about five minutes. I was up late last night watching different romance movies and taking notes, oh, and getting advice from Chichi… which reminds me, I have to buy some flowers. Anyway, you have to win back Yamcha, even if we have to get someone to kidnap him for us! Oh, and Vegeta, we may have to fake your death."

"What?!" Vegeta yelled.

"Goku, do you really think any of those ideas will work?" Piccolo asked.

"Sure, why not?"

"They're about the dumbest things I've ever heard come out of your mouth." Just as Goku was about to respond, Vegeta surprised them both by suddenly speaking up.

"We don't have any other ideas, so we might as well go with it. Unless you can think of something better, namek."

"Don't look to me for relationship advice."

"Then it's settled," Vegeta said, closing the subject.