Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Yamcha & Vegeta ❯ Chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ.

By: SSLetta

Pairings: Yamcha X Vegeta

Notes: This is my first yaoi (I always just read it before), so this might be a little shaky.

`Denotes thought'

Rating: R, for the friendly men situation, if you catch my drift. A certain friend of mine wouldn't *couchLordesscough* I should probably change it to NC-17.

A/N: Apparently none.

Yamcha & Vegeta

That morning, Bulma didn't see Vegeta around, but that was just as well. She didn't want to see his face again for a long time. Her mother had been comforting when she had told her what happened. Her father was understanding. It was nice to have parents like that.

Now, though, she had to focus on preparations for the kid. Her mother said she would help with that. She needed to shop for baby clothes, designate a nursery, start looking into diapers and toys. It wasn't really anything she wanted to think about right now.

She just wanted to focus on her projects, so she delved into her work. Bulma had her dad move in a fridge a while ago because she didn't like to leave very much when she was working on a project, and she started stocking it well. She had even put in a cot recently so she could sleep down in her lab, if need be. She found herself using these luxuries more and more.

Bulma found herself getting through whatever she happened to be working on faster and faster than she used to get anything done. She rarely left the laboratory at all, and if she did, it was for a change of clothes and a shower. Other than that, she churned out inventions and prototypes like a machine.

She had gotten to more complicated androids, but she found even she needed a break from them occasionally. She never did like to spend too much time on one thing at a time. It was too monotonous and she usually lost interest in the end, and would find herself unable to continue for a while. Variety was one of her secret weapons.

Her latest project had her stuck, though. She was completely stumped. It was related to androids, but she was also using it for training drones to make for Yamcha, since he had improved so much lately. Her current problem was how to keep the machines from running out of power. She couldn't figure out how to keep them small enough to have three or more in the gravity chamber, but still have enough power to last as long as Yamcha or even Vegeta, for that matter. There had to be some way to keep their energy from draining so quickly.

The boy from the future had told Goku that these androids had incredible power levels that were above that of a Super Saiyan. If she could create something the size of a human and give it that much energy… So far, the only way she could figure out how to do that was to start with a human, but she certainly wasn't willing to turn someone into a machine. Gero had figured out how to give a machine that much energy without using humans… hadn't he?

It was that question that kept plaguing her. The more she tried to find a way around it to negate it, the more convinced she was that he used human beings, and if he did, did they know what they were getting into? Were they willing? Did he just kidnap them and perform experiments on them? She had a few restless nights thinking about it.

*****

Vegeta, Goku, and Piccolo were seated around the kitchen table -at least, Goku and Vegeta were. Those two were also busy stuffing their faces with Mrs. Briefs' culinary masterpieces. Piccolo watched in a sort of fascinated disgust. It was after a few meals worth when they finally finished their `snack' and got down to business.

Goku was chitchatty as usual, and as usual, neither of his companions were, so it was a pretty one-sided conversation. Eventually, Vegeta got annoyed enough to tell Goku where he could go. That was about when things actually got down to business.

"What exactly is your plan, Kakkarot?"

"Well, if we're gonna' do this, we're gonna' do it right. So, we'll start out with flowers that I already had sent to him this morning… I didn't leave a name, so it'll keep him wondering, which will draw him in. Then, we can fake your death… then we'll kidnap him, and you can come back and save him!" Although Goku looked pleased with himself, the other two were less sure.

"Goku, wouldn't it be easier to have Vegeta `die' while saving him?"

"Oh! That's a good idea, Piccolo! Why didn't I think of that?"

"Kakkarot, if we're going to go through with all that, what is the point of the flowers?" Goku looked at the prince blankly for a moment, then tilted his head for a moment while he thought. When he remembered, his face lit up like a light bulb.

"That was from my first plan, I guess I still thought it was a good idea, only now, it doesn't make much sense. Forgot about that. Well, too late now."

"What do you mean, `too late now'?" Vegeta gritted.

"Well, I already arranged for flowers to be sent to his place every day for the next two weeks." Vegeta looked at Goku like he was perhaps the stupidest man on the face of the planet.

"Goku, how are you paying for that?"

"Oh, I put it on Bulma's credit card. She said I could."

"You told that woman?"

"I said they were for Chichi."

"That's probably the smartest idea you've ever had," Vegeta scoffed. Goku didn't seem to notice it was meant as an insult, as was indicated by the beaming smile on his face.

*****

Piccolo sighed with frustration as he tried pulling the nylon stocking over his head. He looked over at Goku, who already had his on. With the stocking pulled over his hair, it looked like he had an Afro. Piccolo glanced down, looking at his own black clad body, the material slightly loose. He was wearing gloves, which felt odd for his first time wearing something like it. Not an inch of his skin showed, for the color would give away his identity.

"Need some help Piccolo?" Goku asked, his covered face turning towards the large warrior. Even though he couldn't see, Piccolo knew he was smiling that typical Son smile. Without an answer, Goku walked over, and grabbing hold of the stocking in the namek's hands, he pulled it down over the snarling warrior's head. Stepping back to admire his handy work, Goku smiled.

"That looks great, Piccolo! If I didn't know better, I'd never guess that was you!"

"Goku, I think you need a new idea."

"Nah, this idea will work great! Right Vegeta?" Goku asked, turning towards the other saiyan who had remained silent throughout this, save for a few snickers and comments.

"You have the answers, not me," he stated in a bored tone.

"See?" Goku said to Piccolo, "Well, I guess we're ready. Sure you're not coming for this Vegeta?"

"Believe me Kakkarot, I have never been more sure of anything in my life."

"Okay. See ya later!" he said, nodding to Piccolo and taking off. The namek shook his head before following. Once they were out of earshot, Vegeta burst out laughing, clutching at his sides as he fell to the ground. He wasn't sure if any of this would work, and as they got deeper and deeper into it, he was less sure, but it was worth a laugh at the very least.

*****

Yamcha stepped out onto the balcony of his apartment, yawning in the morning sun. He hadn't slept well, nor had he the night before. Ever since he talked to Bulma, he had became an insomniac. Unless he drank. He slept fine if he had a few nightcaps, but he never felt too good in the morning.

He didn't feel too much like training anymore, but he did want to check on Bulma to make sure she was all right. Despite the father, she seemed excited about the baby. Whenever he went to visit her, she showed him paint samples for the nursery or cribs, or different outfits. He usually nodded and tried to look interested. He guessed it was just a woman thing.

A couple of times, he had wondered what she would do if he told her that he had slept with Vegeta for a year, or even just once for that matter. She would probably stare at him for a moment and then burst out laughing, thinking he was joking. This was just something he'd keep to himself for a while.

With a little sigh, he lifted into the air, hovering for a moment before taking off. The cool morning air felt good against his skin, and helped to clear his mind. Flying always did help him feel a little more at peace. It was so relaxing.

He hadn't flown for too long when he felt two huge energy levels coming towards him. The kis were familiar. It felt like Goku and Piccolo, but something did seem a little off about them. He was wondering about it when he saw two specks in the distance flying towards him.

As they came closer, he saw they were wearing black, unlike Goku and Piccolo would. After a few seconds, he saw that their heads were covered. It wasn't long before they came to a dead halt in front of him. The one looked like he had an Afro.

"Uh… hey," Yamcha said, a little confused.

"Hey," said the muffled voice of the one with the Afro. The taller one nudged him in the ribs. Then, without warning, they both flew at him so fast that he didn't even realize they had hit him until he found himself doubled over.

The rest of the assault was a bunch of blurs for Yamcha. He hardly blocked any of their attacks, and the ones he did were just barely so. He did register a lot of pain, but it didn't last long, because he succumbed to unconsciousness.

When he slumped forward and the smaller one caught him, the assailants looked at each other.

"He improved a lot more than I thought he would," the taller one remarked.