Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Yamcha & Vegeta ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ.

By: SSLetta

Pairings: Yamcha X Vegeta

Notes: This is my first yaoi (I always just read it before), so this might be a little shaky.

`Denotes thought'

Rating: R, for the friendly men situation, if you catch my drift. A certain friend of mine wouldn't *couchLordesscough* I should probably change it to NC-17.

Yamcha & Vegeta

Bulma glanced up at the clock from her magazine. She had expected Yamcha to be at her house by now. He had called to say he was coming over. In fact, he should've been there a long time ago. She couldn't shake the feeling that something was up.

She got up from the armchair she had been sitting in, putting the magazine on the end table next to it. She decided she would check his gravity machine in case he decided to have a quick warm-up before coming in. When she got outside and found it empty though, she figured she should call his apartment.

Grabbing the cell phone that she always kept in her lab coat, which she was still wearing from earlier in the morning, she dialed his number. Bulma's heart sank a little when he didn't answer. She then called Goku's house to see if maybe he stopped over there.

"Hello?"

"Hi Chichi, is Yamcha there by chance?"

"No, and if he was, Goku would be here."

"Where's Goku?" Bulma asked, curious.

"The same place he's been since he got back from space. Off training!"

"Well, thanks anyway.

"No problem," Chichi said, hanging up. Bulma thought a moment, and then dialed Roshi's house. After about two rings, the old martial arts master picked up.

"Master Roshi, it's Bulma. Is Yamcha around?"

"No sweetie, but if you want to come over and…" Bulma hung up and went back to thinking. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Vegeta's gravity machine. She walked over to it, and rapped loudly on the door, after seeing Vegeta was in it from one of the porthole-like windows.

At first, he pretended to ignore her, but when she kept knocking, he eventually turned off the machine and threw open the door, looking more than a little annoyed. He was about to open his mouth to curse at her, but he didn't think it would do much good. She didn't pay any attention to his attitude and went straight to the point.

"Vegeta, have you seen Yamcha around?"

"No," he said, and starting turning to go back to his training.

"Well, can you sense him and see where he is?"

"Why?" he asked, not turning around.

"Well, he called to say he would be coming over, but he's not here yet, and he should've been a long time ago. I called his apartment, and I called Goku's, and he's nowhere around. I have a bad feeling." This time the prince turned around to face her, his visage unreadable. After a moment of consideration, he rolled his eyes.

"Fine."

"Oh thank you, Vegeta!" He gave her a pointed look that she interpreted correctly and shut up. Then, closing his eyes, he began to try and locate the human's ki. When about a minute had passed, he opened his eyes again and said offhandedly, "I can't find him."

Bulma's face fell. When the saiyan started to close the door to his gravity machine, she ran in after him, and grabbed his shoulders, shaking him frantically. If Bulma had seen the look on his face when she did that, she might have stopped to laugh at him, instead she started pleading with him.

"Vegeta, you have to go find him! He could be hurt or worse! Please, Vegeta, you have to!" After recovering from his momentary shock, he jerked out of her grip and spun around angrily, folding his arms across his chest.

"I don't have to do anything, and I will not be ordered around by a meaningless human!" This outburst only provoked her anger.

"Oh, it wasn't an order, Vegeta! I was pleading, and if you want to keep this gravity machine and a roof over your head with all the food you can eat, you better go off looking for him, and you better go now!" If there was one thing the saiyan prince didn't understand, it was the odd mood swings of women, and like most men, it was a little frightening for him, even if he wouldn't ever admit it.

"Fine, but if you ever ask me to do anything like this again…"

"In about two years, you're going to be doing a lot of this, so don't even start with me today! Remember Vegeta, I'm having YOUR kid!" she cut him off.

"Don't try to…"

"Go, Vegeta. Now!" she snarled dangerously, and then turned on her heel on walked out before the prince could retort.

*****

Yamcha woke up inside some sort of transparent neon green force field. To his surprise, he found himself completely healed of all injuries, but if someone had given him a senzu bean, he certainly didn't remember it. He looked around, peering through the translucent green energy that kept him imprisoned to what was beyond. It looked like he was in some sort of spaceship. That theory would explain the force field, but it wouldn't really explain why two guys dressed in black with nylon stockings pulled over their heads attacked him.

He saw all sorts of controls around the entire room that he couldn't even begin to guess their purpose. `Bulma would have a field day in here,' he thought to himself. When he turned around to see what was behind him, he saw a little blue alien sitting in front of a noiseless screen, watching some sort of foreign type scroll down.

"Hey, who are you? Why am I here?" Yamcha yelled at it. It swiveled around on its chair and blinked at him with slanted eyes. For a second, Yamcha thought it couldn't understand what he was saying, but then it answered him in a funny accent that didn't really sound like anything he had ever heard before.

"You may call me Shadef. I am going to dissect you for my research. Don't worry though, I'll make sure that you're asleep when I go ahead with the procedure." That said, it turned back around to stare at its screen. Yamcha's face paled as the words sank in. It wasn't turning out to be a very good day.

"Wait a minute, who were the two guys that brought me here?" The creature faced him again.

"They work for me. That is all you need to know." It swiveled back around and stared at its screen. Yamcha sighed. Then, he looked at the force field itself and reached out to touch it tentatively. When his fingers brushed against it, he received a painful shock and snapped his hand back immediately.

"You will find that it is painful to the touch. I suggest you refrain from doing so," Shadef said. Yamcha scowled, mouthing Shadef's words behind his back. When he was done with that, he leaned back on his elbows and simmered silently to himself.

*****

Goku nodded to Piccolo from their perch on top of the cliff overlooking the spaceship.

"Here comes Vegeta. Do you see how well my plan is working now, Piccolo?" The namek just snorted, ignoring the other man's gloating. In his opinion, it was still a stupid plan. Before long, the other saiyan landed next to them, arms folded.

"That it?" he asked.

"Yeah. Now remember Vegeta, you have to barge in, looking really angry. Then, Piccolo and I will come in, wearing our outfits. We fight you, and you PRETEND to kill us, while suffering a mortal wound yourself. Got it?" Goku asked.

"I still don't understand why I have to fake my death. Shouldn't me showing up be enough?"

"No."

"Let's just get this over with," Vegeta said. The other two nodded their agreement and then all three descended towards the ship.