Dragon Knights Fan Fiction / Dragon Knight (adult) Fan Fiction ❯ No Scars Only Memories ❯ Part 2: Meetings and School ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

No Scars Only Memories

Part 2: Meetings and School

"Come my son, we've got to get going," a woman said.

"Where mommy?" the little boy spoke.

"It's time for you to socialize."

"So-sh-al-ize." The little boy sounded out.

"Yes, you can talk to other people."

"Other people…okay mommy!"

She gave him a warm smile.

---------------------------

"GYAH!" Rath yelled out as a bucket of cold water was splashed on his sleeping face. He sat up abruptly and wiping his face with his hands.

"Sleeping beauty finally awakes." An unfamiliar voice said. He looked and saw someone his age with blond hair and blue eyes.

"Huh?" was the only intelligent thing he could speak out.

"Get up, you're going to make us late." Rune said tossing the bucket to him before walking out.

Rath stared at the bucket in his lap. The only words he caught were late and somehow it must be connected to school. Putting two and two together he realized what that meant. Shooting out of bed and quickly grabbing something suitable he rushed to fix himself up. This was actually a first time he'd been to public school since he'd been home schooled all his life so far. Cesia was just a girl on his block that they met and became friends and more. Now he actually got to associate with other people instead. That was good.

Now that he thought about it he wondered who the blond guy or girl was.

---------------------------

Downstairs Cernozora heard the commotion upstairs. She curiously looked at Rune but he didn't mind it. Either he didn't know or he was probably ignoring her. She just sighed and brought more food down as Rath rushed downstairs and sat down. Rune just continued to sip his coffee.

"Morning Rath, did you have pleasant dreams?" Cernozora asked with a very happy smile on her face. At least Rath would be a decent conversationalist and she'd be able to ask questions. Not like every morning when it was just the three of them. It would always be silent in the morning. Something she didn't like. It was boring.

"I actually don't remember. It was kinda weird and stuff," Rath answered while digging in his food.

"Hearty eater isn't he, Rune?"

"Hn," he responded. Cernozora was on her last nerve. There was a guest present and Rune didn't have the curtsey to smile or laugh at all! Now that she would find rude. Is she ever asked him that he just respond, 'He's responsible for himself.' Oh she wished she could just smack him into the next century and his mother too since she was most of what he was today. Cernozora heard some of their conversations with each other. Sad to say they weren't things a mother should say to a child.

But then again she felt sorry for him because his mother was in a coma. They told everyone that she was dead but she was actually recovering in the basement, where Rath is not supposed to travel. Curiosity killed the cat. Well in this case curiosity killed the human, demon, sorcerer, whatever. She sighed before handing them their lunches. She packed something extra for Rath since he eats for about two people and she thought he friend's son was a big eater. Cernozora took a look at Rune's plate to see it completely clean with barely anything left. That was good except for the fact that he hardly ate anything. So she never got a chance to cook a lot. But now with their new guest it was always a plus.

"Bye you guys! Have a nice time today! Rune, show them a smile!" Cernozora yelled out to them before they turned from the gate. She closed the door and sighed. Tetheus strutted in her line of vision.

"How's she doing?" she asked.

"The same as last week. Nothing changed. Though I wondered how her body is able to be preserved for this long without consuming anything," Tetheus answered.

"We'll never know. In all my years of service this family has always been a mystery."

---------------------------

Rath to say the least was being thoughtful. That was something new. Well to the people that knew him very well. Rune was such a mystery. When he tried to strike a conversation with the blond he would just end it right away. So he didn't try anymore. But he found this a challenge. And he loved challenges, well, only when they're interesting. And this was interesting.

Rune stopped in front of three separate buildings. Rath assumed at that this was the school. A paper was held in front of him. He took it. It looked like a schedule.

"There's your schedule, go straight to that building over there and say that you're new. I'm sure they could find someone else to show you around," Rune said before walking ahead into a different building. Rath just realized what was done. He was about to yell at Rune to come back but the blond was already gone. He lost sight of him. He mentally cursed and went inside the building Rune pointed to.

"Yes, may I help you?" the lady at the desk asked sweetly giving him a smile.

"Um, yeah, I'm new here," Rath responded.

"Oh you must be the new student. Where's your host?" she asked.

"He left me on my own."

"Oh well, we'll just find someone to show you around. I think I've found the perfect person." She dialed the intercom and said someone to come up to the office. A minute later the door opened and a teen with orange hair and green eyes entered. Rath could faintly hear cusses under the teen's breath.

"What's the point of this you old hag?! You know I have class!" the teen said disrespectfully to the woman.

"Well since you voluntarily came here I have something for you to do. I want you to show this young man around the campus. You'll be excused for the day." She said pointing to Rath. The other looked at him but just shrugged. He got out of class and that was it so it was okay. He only had to show the newbe around. At least he wasn't doing some janitor work for her.

"C'mon new kid I'll show ya around." He said quickly getting out of there with Rath in tow. He breathes a sigh of relief.

"God that woman is such a slave driver," he said. Rath just looked at the other. "So new kid what's your name?"

"Um…my name's Rath, what about you?" Rath responded.

"Name's Thatz. So what made ya come to a school like this?"

"My parents sent me here to stay with a family friend. And being home schooled they wanted me to get along with other people." Thatz gave him a skeptic look.

"What?" Rath asked as he noticed the stare. It was kinda freaking him out. After one minute of observation Thatz pulled away and sighed in relief.

"Good, you're not like the antisocial blond," He commented.

"Antisocial blond?"

"Yeah, his name is Rune, I think. Yeah, my friend told me about him. He's a loner not talking to anyone and some of us have tried but no one was able to even make him laugh. The whole school's been betting on who would crack him first. So far we've never even gotten a dent."

"Rune you said?"

"Yeah."

"Hey, that's who I'm staying with!" Rath stated surprising Thatz.

"No way! Are you serious?! You've gotta tell me a few things!"

"I doubt I know anything though. The only thing I know is the interior of the house."

"That's alright. At least we get to know something! Everyone's been dyin to know what it looks like in his house."

"Maybe you could come over if they let me. Just a study buddy?"

"Study buddy? You don't expect me to…"

"Nah, it's just an excuse. Besides it'll be nice to have someone else to talk to."

Thatz slung an arm around Rath's shoulders.

"I think this will a blossoming friendship. Someone's gotta save ya from going nuts in there."

TBC------------------------------

Kinshin: Well I think this chapter sucked but anyways I'll try to make it better in the next one! Thanks for your visits!

Like it? Review! NO FLAMESS!!