Dragon Knights Fan Fiction / Dragon Knight (adult) Fan Fiction ❯ No Scars Only Memories ❯ Part 3: Thinking Memories ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

No Scars Only Memories

 

Part 3: Thinking Memories

 

~Journal Entry #56~

 

I plan to run today. I don't care where it takes me as long as it's far away from here. I don't care if I'm not accepted anywhere. It's much better than here. I'd rather be living in the street. I could move with my friends but then my father could just find me easily. So I plan to go away just far away from him. Maybe move out of the country. I don't know. But with the money I saved I don't think I'd be able to survive in another country…

 

She shut the book gently as the pages were brittle like it had been found from an ancient discovery in some tombs. Her things were packed. She took out a pen and paper and began to write her note.

 

Dear father,

 

I know that you're hate me forever but I just can't take this anymore. You'll understand. After all, to you I'm just a living memory of my mother. I know that you loved her dearly and would always think it was my fault since she died just right after I was born. Ironic isn't it?

 

Well you don't have to worry anymore. I'll be out of your hair forever.

 

Signed,

Your Daughter

 

-------------------------------

 

Rune sighed, as he couldn't think. Apparently the noise going on in the room next to him was beginning to grate on his nerves. He should've told Cernozora to say no. Actually it didn't matter Cernozora would've said yes anyways. He rubbed his temples trying to ease the headache that's been there since this morning. He sighed abandoning his work and decided to just go to the library. Maybe something interesting would be there that could take his mind off all this.

 

He went in the library, luckily not to meet anyone on the way there. Cernozora would usually accompany him and right now he wished to be alone. Glancing around the library in his house there was a lot of books. The room was full of it. The shelves were all around the walls besides by the door and they were all the way to the top. Rune looked around and listened to the silence of it. The library led a shortcut to the gardens, his favorite place. He grabbed one book and went outside through the sliding doors.

 

Rune walked past the flowerbeds and went straight to the rose sections. They varied in colors making it look like a meadow but with thorns. So Rune just sat next to them and just began to read the book. The silence provided in the garden made everything seem so peaceful and serene away from the evils of the world.

 

Reading further into the book he then realized it was just a diary. The date was probably his great-great-great grandmother's time. Funny thing is he never saw a picture of her or his past family before that. The only pictures around were that of him and his mother. That was all. He began to read the entries.

 

-------------------------------

 

Rath and Thatz were having a good time. They talked about everything of their favorites and how life is like and stuff. Occasionally they're making jokes not realizing that they're too loud. Now their subject switched to Rune. Of course the joking always got too far on this one.

 

Without them knowing it Cernozora was listening outside the door. Her face was with conflicting emotions. Mostly sadness and anger. She wondered how they could just make fun of him like that. Rune wasn't always cold and aloof but something happened and influence made him like that. She sighed and was about to bust in there and knock some sense into them but a hand touched her shoulder stopping her. She looked to see Rune behind her. Cernozora was a bit surprised and was about to speak but Rune held up his hand signaling to her to don't talk.

 

"It's alright. I'm use to it," he said. She was about to protest but Rune already went in his room shutting the door and locking it. She hung her head and sighed. She turned around and leaned against the closed door. She cursed. Everything was just so hard. Deciding to leave it all alone she went back into the kitchen to prepare some dinner. It was getting late.

 

-------------------------------

 

Later that day while everyone else was eating, Rune slipped out of his room silently. He didn't want to alert anyone of his presence. He walked deeper down the hall and through a door. There were corridors and many openings leading to one place. It didn't matter but it was usually for people who trespass through here just to scare them off. Besides only him, Cernozora, and Tetheus knew which path to take. He walked through the corridor on the left. The natural reaction that someone would take would usually be straight. But they were ready for that too.

 

As he walked through the corridors he couldn't stop thinking about that diary entry he just read. It wasn't very long but it was stuck in his head. He wondered if his mother could decipher it. He stopped in front of double doors, opened it and was inside a room with full of medical equipment. There on the bed was a woman, his mother that was hooked up to an IV. He went to her side and grasped her hand softly. His mother is in a coma. It's been three years and nothing has changed since them. Everyday of one hour he'd take away from his life he'd come and visit her no matter how late it was. Then Cernozora would just yell at him for not realizing his health when he got sick the next day. It was something that just seemed to happen if he stayed up too late.

 

Rune lied his head down on the side of the bed while still grasping her hand. He wished that things had happened differently. It was mostly his fault. It was supposed to be him instead that it happened to. He should've been the one lying on this bed unconscious in a coma. He couldn't remember what had happened. But the only thing he remembered was that his mother was kneeling next to him then he blacked out as soon as she was hit. Next thing he knew he woke up with Cernozora worriedly looking at him. That's just the basics. Cernozora never told him what really happened.

 

The clock struck the next hour. So that meant he needed to go. Well he didn't need to but he needed some sleep otherwise he might fall here and Cernozora would have a fit that he isn't taking care of himself. It is kinda chilly in the room, especially during the winter. Looking one last time he walked through the corridors leading to the house. Upon opening the door Cernozora stood there with a teasing anger look. Her expression saying, 'where-have-you-been?' It was very typical.

 

"In there," Rune responded pointing to the side corridor since there were guests in the house.

 

"I was worried. I thought you ran off again!" She exclaimed worriedly.

 

"I'm fine," Rune said before going back in his room before she could say anything else.

 

Cernozora finally came to her senses. She was going to force him to eat. Banging repeatedly on the door, not caring that there was a guest, she shouted,

 

"Rune! Come out and eat! And don't give me that 'I'm not hungry' excuse! Come out now or I'll let Tetheus to force feed you!"

 

"That's not going to work Cernozora!" Rune shouted back through the door.

 

This was a regular day occurrence. Rath and Thatz along with Tetheus were listening so the two teens didn't really figure this as something to happen.

 

"Rune this is my last warning!"

 

"If you don't want it wasted then eat it!"

 

"Why you…" She was on her last nerve.

 

Tetheus decided to stop it. It would go on for hours, something he didn't wish to tolerate. Cernozora never really went with the threats she commented. He walked over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder. She looked at him in confusion. He shook his head. She knew what that meant.

 

"Not this time Tetheus. He's going to kill himself if he keeps going like this." She said before attempting to open the door by thievery. Tetheus just sighed before turning his gaze to the boys.

 

"I think it's time for your friend to go home. It's getting late." He said. Rath nodded and led Thatz to the door and went with him because that affair wasn't really part of his business anyways.

 

Inside Cernozora was able to unlock the door but as she looked in she didn't spot him immediately. Apparently it didn't seem like he's in there. She stepped in and looked carefully for any signal of magic, none was shown. Shivering, she spotted the window open. Now there was something to infer her search. Looking out she didn't spot him. He'd already left and was long gone by now. She rushed out to inform Tetheus.

 

"Rune's gone!"

 

TBC-------------------------

 

Kinshin: I'm sorry it took so long and it's probably boring. And I'm not going to make another promises because I'm probably going to break it anyway. Thanks for your visits!

 

Like it? Review! NO FLAMESS!!!!!!!!!!!