Dragon Knights Fan Fiction / Dragon Knight (adult) Fan Fiction ❯ No Scars Only Memories ❯ Part 4: Missing Pieces ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

No Scars Only Memories

 

Part 4: Missing Pieces

 

Rain

 

Rain

Independent, Lonely

Depressing, Forming, Destroying

Water sharp as knives

Infamy

 

Droplets fell from the sky slightly pouring over the poor people on the planet. A little boy looked up as one graced his skin.

 

"Mommy, why is water falling from the sky?" the little boy asked.

 

"It's because she's crying for the bodies that have died on her planet, my son," the mother answered.

 

"Oh, then what are the ice that comes down from the sky? Is she crying hard?"

 

"Heh, heh, no honey, that is when all the people's anger comes out. They'll be hard and hit you real hard. It's a chance for others to take out their anger on the people they can't do it physically to."

 

"But…someone told me that they're just from eva-por-ated water and when it hails the water freezes befour it comes down."

 

"Heh, they're right honey. It's just evaporated water. What I have said is just concept of something that modern science cannot come to discover or prove at all."

 

"What's that Mommy?"

 

"Real emotions, my son."

 

-----------------------

 

Cernozora and Tetheus searched the whole city still not finding a trace of Rune. They ran into Rath and he also volunteered to help but he couldn't find him either. So they regrouped and came back to the manor. They figured Rune would probably come back. Cernozora was really upset and worried. She herself couldn't do anything.

 

Rath retreated to his room seeing as how it was probably pointless. From what he learned, is that if Rune didn't want to be found he wouldn't. He looked out his bedroom window. It was just a nice view of the garden that this house seems to be the only thing lively around the place. He'd never really been in there before because he's afraid that he might get lost. Then he just remembered that he needed to contact his parents. He figured he'd just do that tomorrow.

 

He looked once more outside. He thought he spotted something in the gardens. The gardens could be a scary place at night. Plus it was raining. Who would go out there? Then he thought about Rune. It could be him. He rushed out of the room and into the kitchen where Cernozora and Tetheus were sitting down.

 

"I think Rune's out in the gardens," he said, "I think it's him but I did see someone out there."

 

Cernozora rushed past him and out into the library through the sliding doors that led to the garden. True enough Rune was standing out there in only a plain kimono. The rain had soaked his hair, which stuck to his neck and cloths. He was looking at the heavens as the rain water splashed on his face. Cernozora noted that it was starting to get colder, but he never noticed. His eyes never strayed from the sky.

 

"Rune! Come back in here! Let us through!" She shouted over to him since he was quite a distance away.

 

"No, you'd just interfere," he said as if in a trance.

 

"Rune, this isn't funny! Get in here before the hail comes!" Tetheus said assisting Cernozora. They couldn't move an inch out of the barrier placed in the entrance to the garden.

 

"That's what I'm waiting for."

 

Footsteps sounded from behind the trio. Cernozora and Tetheus gasped in surprise.

 

"M-mi-mistress Essan! You're awake," Cernozora spoke first.

 

In front of them stood a woman with long black hair tied back with the short strands hanging free framing the sides of her face. She was dressed in a white kimono. A small smile was on her face as if she was predicting something gloom.

 

"You are released from taking care of my son at this moment. Should you wish to continue be my guest. But I will handle this," she stated and stepped out into the garden as if the barriers were never there.

 

Her feet were stepped silently and glided as if she were walking on air. She reached her destination. Essan stood five feet away from her son who never noticed she was awake or even there. She stood behind him.

 

"You should come inside. It's raining my child," she said while dispatching the strands of hair stuck on skin, "You could catch a cold."

 

He never moved.

 

"I wish to stay a bit longer, mother. I'm waiting for something." He answered.

 

"What are you waiting for?" She asked.

 

"The hail."

 

As he said that a shard of ice scraped his skin. At first it didn't seem like nothing but it opened and a drip of blood was seen. Shard after shard came and slits were made on his kimono and small cuts on his exposed skin not covered by cloths. Essan stayed behind him watching the little shattered pieces falling. After a while she waved her arm over him stopping the wave of ice with her long sleeves. Her arms went around his neck in an embrace.

 

"It's time to go inside my child," she said while wiping his first cut of blood with her thumb. It already healed.

 

Essan released her hold and began to walk back. The footsteps behind her let her know that he is following. She stopped right at the door as he stopped behind her outstretched arm blocking his entrance. The three inside took a step back.

 

"Do not worry, you will get your chance Secca. But right now it's too early." She stated and passed her arm over his eyes. His eyes fluttered shut as he fell backwards but her arm caught him from behind and she carried him. Her eyes drifted over to Rath and she gave a smile. This one wasn't as cold. "Call your parents." Essan then began to walk towards Rune's room. She placed him on the bed and covered him with a blanket. She left the room and faced the company there.

 

-----------------------

 

It's been three weeks with Rath's stay in this household. So far it didn't seem to be pleasant. Since his stay here he never talked to Rune at all. Even if he were able to the blond wouldn't start a conversation at all. And now after three weeks the matriarch asks him to leave! Her words echoed through his head.

 

"Tell your parents to come and pick you up but if you wish to stay for the melodrama then I'm not stopping you. Get involved in the crossfire I will not get you out."

 

He never got what that meant and thought nothing of it. His parents would be here by a couple more days since they had something to do that was important. He was actually getting settled around here. He had new friends and some other people. He kinda liked going to a public school. Come to think of it he wanted to get to know the blond. Despite what everyone says it goes against his judgment. People didn't really try to know him they just assumed things. Maybe tomorrow he could do something.

 

-----------------------

 

Rune stayed up in his bed. Nothing could make him go to sleep that night. Apparently he was afraid to go to sleep. He didn't know why, he was just afraid that he would cause some trouble again. Since he had a few blackouts. A knock shook him out of his thoughts. He could tell it was probably Cernozora.

 

"Rune? I know you're awake. Come and eat now." Her voice drifted through the crack under the door.

 

"I'm not hungry." He said back. He was hungry but was just ignoring it.

 

Outside Cernozora sighed. She came back in the kitchen and shook her head as Essan looked at her with a questioning look. Rath came in a minute later as the matriarch had an idea. She took the tray and placed in a second plate under the other one. She walked up to the teenage guest and held it out to him. He looked at her questioningly while taking the tray.

 

"Why don't the both of you have a nice morning talk?" she said with a small smile.

 

Rath nodded and walked towards Rune's room. He knocked three times before slowly opening the door and poking his head in. He waited for an answer but he never received one. So he waited in that position. He heard a sigh from the other end of the room.

 

"If you're going to come in, then come in, if not shut the door on your way out."

 

Rath laughed sheepishly before entering and closing the door. He walked up to Rune and sat across from him and placing the tray in between them. Rune still stared out the window. Rath frowned. This was really unhealthy.

 

"C'mon Rune, you gotta eat something. At least a little. Your metabolism slows down then you'd gain all this fat if eat more the next day." Rath said trying to be convincing and trying to start a conversation. He smiled a little as Rune picked something off the tray and began to eat little by little. Rath knew that he wasn't that convincing but at least he got the blond to do something.

 

TBC--------------------------

 

Kinshin: Sorry if this chapter sucked but anyways thanks to vixinkitsune for your reviews and for everyone's visits!

 

Like it? Review! NO FLAMESS!!!!!!!!!!!!