Dragon Knights Fan Fiction ❯ Counseling Sessions ❯ Inferiority Complex ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

<Disclaimer: HEHEHE!!! I DO NOT HAVE TO DO THIS DISCLAIMER NOW, CUZ I REALLY DO OWN DRAGON KNIGHTS!!! SEE, I ROBBED A LOCAL BANK, HIJACKEDA PLANE TO TOKYO, BROKE INTO MINEKO OHKAMI'S HOUSE AND STOLE ALL RIGHTS FROM HER!!! SO NOW, I OFFICIALLY OWN ALL VERISONS OF RATH-SAMA^^!!!INCLUDING LIL RATH-KUN!:pinches his cheeks:(*o*) AWWWWWW!!!ISN'T HE SO KAWAI, KYUTE!!! X3!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
 
Title: Counseling Sessions
 
Summary: In which Thatz attempts to get Rune therapy for his often lapses of temper. In which his plan backfires and all DK members are forced to do the same. In which Kharl is the shrink. In which complete chaos insues.
 
Ch.2. In Which Thatz Suffers From An Inferiority Complex, Kitchel Is Unfazed, And A Certain Alchemist's Assistant Learns The Basics Of Psycholoy.
 
“THAT IS NOT TRUE!!!”
 
“OH, NO! YOU ARE SO ON TARGET, MR. KHARL-SAN!!!”
 
“WHY DON'T YOU SHADDUP, YOU BACKSTABBER!!! JUST WAIT TILL HE GETS TO YOU!!!”
 
Garfakcy stood and stared at the scene, his mind reeling. He had expected his master to return after counseling the Dragon Tribe's elf. It had been quite a shock to him to receive the message that Kharl would be staying at the palace for several more days with more counseling sessions. Though, he suspected it had something to do with that dark-haired Dragon Knight his master obsessed so much about. Garfakcy had come quickly to the castle to make sure that the alchemist would finish his job, then leave for home as soon as possible. He had expected to be bored out of his mind.
 
He had no idea what he was getting himself into.
 
If this session was as out of control as the previous one, he was glad he had missed the elf''s.
 
“LISTEN UP, YA OVERGROWN, BIG-HAIRED, GRINNING IDIOT-!”
 
Garfakcy bristled, wishing his contract with the Dragon Lord was null. How dare that scar-faced Dragon Knight speak to his master like that! If he could, he would teach him some manners!
 
“I DO NOT HAVE AN INFERIORITY COMPLEX!!!” the ex-thief screamed, his face turning as red as his hair.
 
Kharl smiled(as usual) and said, “Then why are you so defensive of the fact?”
 
Thatz's face turned purple as he jumped up, “LOOK MR. BIG-SHOT YOKAI, I DUNNO WHAT RUNE TOLD YOU, BUT I BET WHATEVER IT WAS, IT WAS BASED ON OUR LAST ROAD TRIP! YOU MUST HAVE NOTICED, THAT IF ANYONE HAS AN INFERIORITY COMPLEX, IT'S HIM!!! HE'S THE ONE WHO COULDN'T HANDLE HIS PRECIOUS HAIR BEING SHEARED OFF! I ADMIT I GOT A LITTLE CAUGHT UP IN GAMBLING, BUT RUNE'S SO VAIN HE HAD TO CUT EVERYONE'S HAIR OFF SO HE WOULDN'T BE ANY DIFFERENT!!! IF THAT'S NOT AN INFERIORITY COMPLEX, I DUNNO WHAT IS!!!”
 
“OMIGAWD!!!”
 
Garfakcy heard, as the girl with the shocking pink hair next to the Dragon Knight gaped at her rival.
 
“IS THAT WHAT HAPPENED? YOU TOLD ME YOU BESTED TWO DOZEN NINJAS ASSIGNED TO ASSINATE LORD LYKULEON, AND YOUR HAIR GOT IN THE WAY OF THEIR WEAPONS!!! RUNE DID THAT? WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! OH, THAT'S RICH!!!”
 
Garfakcy watched as the girl howled in amusement, tipping her chair over backwards in the process.
 
The Earth Dragon Knight was livid as he turned to his therapist, “YOU'VE TALKED ABOUT ME, LONG ENOUGH!!! WHAT ABOUT KITCHEL? TRY AND ANALYZE HER!!!”
 
The Yokai took in the girl on the floor laughing her face off, smiled and said, “That's simple. She has a one-track mind.”
 
Thatz turned to Kitchel, a satisfactory smirk on his face, expecting her to be outraged, but was instead shocked as she hoisted herself up from the floor, still hooting in glee.
 
“THAT'S RIGHT!!!” she grinned, “And having a one-track mind has saved my butt loads of times!!! See, unlike some people, I don't get distracted by mundane things such as food!”
 
“THAT'S BLASPHEMY!!!” Thatz yelped in horror, “FOOD ISN'T MUNDANE!!! IT'S A GIFT FROM THE GODS!!! IT'S A LIFE-GIVING SUBSTANCE!!! IT'S ALMOST AS PRECIOUS AS TREASURE!!! AND SPEAKING OF WHICH, WHADDYA MEAN YOU DON'T GET DISTRACTED? YOU'RE ALWAYS AFTER TREASURE!!!”
 
“You poor, simple-minded idiot,” Kitchel sighed as she sat her chair upright and settled in it, cross-legged, “Treasure is not a distraction for me, because that is the only thing on my one-track mind. It is a focus for me, unlike you, when you're on some mission for the Dragon Lord, you get sidetracked because of it. I'm sure Rune can support me on that.”
 
SO, ARE YOU THE THERAPIST NOW?!” Thatz shouted, feeling enraged and helpless.
 
“No, don't be absurd!” Kitchel tittered, “I'm only helping him!”
 
Thatz tried to respond, but all he could do was sputter incoherently and make goldfish impressions.
 
“And as his helper, I`d say your inferiority complex is kicking into gear right now! Don't you agree, Mr. Kharl-san?”
 
The alchemist smiled at pink-haired girl who turned out to have a mind as sharp as his, and smiled in acknowledgement, “Indeed, Kitchel. Just let go, Thatz. I promise that whatever is said, it won't be heard outside these doors. Tell me…what exactly are you feeling now?”
 
Garfackcy observed the Earth Dragon Knight, sure that he was going to explode. Instead, he got a breakdown much like Rune had done before, though unbeknowest to him.
 
“EVERYONE ELSE HAS A FUTURE IN STORE EXCEPT ME!!! OH, SURE, WE'RE ALL DRAGON KNIGHTS NOW, BUT WHAT HAPPENS WHEN OUR POSITIONS ARE OVER? THERE WERE OTHER DRAGON KNIGHTS BEFORE US, AND THERE'LL BE MORE DRAGON KNIGHTS AFTER US!!! RUNE'S A PRINCE, HE CAN GO BACK TO THE FAERIE REALM OR BE THE NEXT WHITE DRAGON OFFICER!!! HE'LL BE GREAT FOR THE JOB, HE'S A LITTLE ALFEEGI CLONE ALREADY!!! RATH IS THE NEXT IN LINE FOR THE THRONE!!! CAN YOU IMAGINE THAT? HE'LL BE OFF JOY-RIDING AROUND DUSIS KILLING DEMONS TO HIS HEART'S CONTENT FOR AS LONG AS HE WANTS!!! BUT WHAT ABOUT ME? WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO? ARE THEY JUST GONNA KICK ME OUT ON THE STREET AGAIN, AND I'M BACK TO SQUARE ONE? I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN, AND IT'S REALLY STRESSING ME OUT!!!
 
There was silence in the room after the ex-thief's mad rant, and all that could be heard was his breath, which came in loud, raspy pants.
 
Then Kitchel shattered the moment by saying in a sickly sweet tone, “You could always stay with me.”
 
Silence.
 
Then, “AND THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE HELPING ME?” Thatz screamed pointing to Kitchel, “WHAT KIND OF COUSELING SESSION IS THIS ANYWAY? I'M SURE NOT FEELING ANY BETTER OUT OF THIS DISCUSSION!!”
 
Kharl smiled, “Of course you're not, Thatz. However, as it is my job to ensure this session be completed successfully, we must seize the conflict within you and force yourself to let go. As such, how about we continue this session in a manner which you will feel more comfortable in. Garfakcy?”
 
Thatz watched in puzzlement as the alchemist's assistant wheeled a covered cart over to him and revealed its contents. It was all he could do not to let his thief's instincts leap forward and make a mad dash.
 
So he substituted for his eyes bugging out and drooling.
 
“OMIGAWD!!!” came Kitchel's shriek right next to his ear. Thatz was certain she was drooling too, “LOOK AT ALL THAT TREASURE!!!”
 
Garfakcy quickly yanked the cart out of reach as the pink-haired girl made a wild grab at it.
 
“HEY, GIVE THAT BACK, YOU LITTLE CREEP!!” Kitchel screeched making a spectacular dive forward and grabbing one end of the cart.
 
“I shall make the assumption that you both want this counseling session to continue, correct?” the Yokai inquired in amusement.
 
Thatz bobbed his head enthusiastically, coming to his senses momentarily to realize what the therapist was doing, “Blackmail, eh? Very efficient means.”
 
Kharl's smile widened, “I would call it more of a bribe, dear Dragon Knight. Say, one piece of treasure for every secret and conflict shared. And admitting truthfully to one of my theories and assumptions that I make about you.”
 
“Sounds fair,” Thatz said, his scarred face breaking out into a grin for the first time. This Yokai was all right.
 
“LET GO, YOU PINK-HAIRED FREAK!!!”
 
Both the alchemist and Dragon Knight turned their heads in the direction of the frustrated, angry voice to see Garfakcy and Kitchel playing a tug-a-war over the cart.
 
“WHAT DID YOU CALL ME, YOU LITTLE CRETIN?” Kitchel yelped in outrage as she kept a very firm and strong grip on the cart.
 
“YOU HEARD ME, GRANDMA!!!!” Garfakcy retorted, wondering why for the umpteenth time his master wanted to try and analyze these insane people. They were beyond help!
 
“WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?” Kitchel screamed in a terrible fury, veins springing out all over her head, “THAT'S IT!!! NO ONE INSULTS ME LIKE THAT!!! DIE, YOU MISERABLE, MEAT-HEADED MONGREL OF A MIDGET!!!”
 
Then in a blink of an eye, the girl had taken a chair and it brought it crashing down on top of the green-haired boy. Garfakcy didn't even know what hit him.
 
“Itai!” he squeaked, his eyes crossed.
 
Note to self, Thatz thought sweatdropping profusely, Never get on Kitchel's bad side, and keep her away from Rune. She's picking up his habits…which he is picking up from Alfeegi. New note to self: Never get on Alfeegi's bad side!
 
“First lesson of Psychology, Garfakcy,” Kharl stated demurely, while sipping his tea, “Never exasperate the paying customer. There is an abnormal reason for them getting therapy after all. Some are prone to be dangerous. Simply pamper and sympathize with them, and they will be merrily on their way out and you job will done quicker.”
 
It's a little late for that advice, Garfakcy seethed inwardly, on the floor.
 
“While we're on the subject, this customer would like to be sympathized with a lot,” Thatz spoke up quickly, diverting the alchemist's attention back onto the cart of treasure. However, in the next instant, the ex-thief had been pushed bodily away so hard he went flying across the room, and slamming into wall by the “pink-haired freak”.
 
“FORGET HIM!!!” Kitchel shrieked, eyes fastened greedily on the treasure-laden cart, “SYMPATHIZE ME!!!”
 
“Very well,” the Yokai smile, “First I need you to share a conflict or secret about yourself that you think you might have and let me scrutinize it, or you can have me state any assumption that I may have made about you. Which will it be?”
 
“Ahhhhmm,” the girl was so busy roving her greedy eyes over the glistening gold objects she wasn't even remotely listening, “You pick.”
 
“All right,” Kharl smiled with an evil grin, “Here's a question: what do you think of Thatz?”
 
There was silence in the room as for once, something actually managed to completely tear Kitchel's attention away from treasure. The girl blinked in surprise at the inquiry, and Thatz was adamant.
 
“WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT?” the Dragon Knight raved, popping up from his sprawl on the floor, rather red in the face, “WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?”
 
His outburst was ignored by everyone, as Kitchel giggled and stated laughingly, “Aw, Thatz does try his hardest, but I still beat him in everything! The best he can do, is follow me around, learning my techniques, but that still won't help him polish his skills. The poor guy! I guess you could say his like a little puppy dog whom I `m trying to teach new tricks! Heehee!”
 
“WHAT?” the ex-thief screamed, feeling his face growing redder.
 
“Yes, I agree,” the alchemist smiled, “He is rather hopeless, isn't he?”
 
“Do you think that he is the way he is because of his inferiority complex you discussed earlier?” Garfakcy mused out loud, getting in on the conversation.
 
“Very good,” Kharl praised his servant, “You're learning!”
 
“THIS ISN'T A COUNSELING SESSION!!!” Thatz screeched, “THIS IS A BLOODY GOSSIP GROUP!!!”
 
Again, he was ignored, and Kitchel received a gold bracelet for her “good deed”.
 
“OOH!” she gushed, “I'M HAVING SO MUCH FUN!!! ASK ME ANOTHER QUESTION!!!”
 
“Now, now,” the therapist chided, “Let's not forget the real person with problems here. Let our dear Dragon Knight have a go.”
 
Kitchel sulked as she moved aside, and Thatz stomped over to the chair shouting, “I DO NOT HAVE PROBLEMS, CAPEESH?”
 
The Yokai waited until the ex-thief was settled in the seat, before speaking.
 
“Now, Thatz,” Kharl said while rummaging through a bag in his lap, “I have heard it stated from certain sources that you,” here he pulled out a notepad and began flipping through it. As he did so, several pieces of paper slipped out onto the floor.
 
Thatz picked them up and looked at them, “Hey!” he stated in surprise, “These are all drawings of Ra-!”
 
The alchemist hurriedly snatched the pictures away, sweatdropping profusely as he stuffed them back in the bag. Coughing slightly, he began anew, “I have heard from certain sources that you are a,” here he whipped out some spectacles, put them on, and started quoting from the notepad, “ `Gluttonous, self-centered, greedy, thieving jerk' and a `egotistical, covetous buffoon'. Defendant! Do you renounce these claims or are they true? Speak now or forever hold your peace!”
 
There was silence as everyone in the room gaped at the Yokai.
 
Garfakcy sweatdropped, thinking, I can't tell if I'm at a court or a wedding!
 
Then Thatz exploded, “SO, MR. BIG-SHOT RUNE THINKS HE'S ABOVE ME, EH? WELL HERE'S WHAT I THINK OF YOU, MR. OH-SO NOBLE AND GALLANT: YOU'RE AN UPTIGHT, CONCEITED LITTLE PRIG!!! NOT TO MENTION A CRADLE-ROBBER!!! HAHA! YOU'RE GIRLFRIEND IS A TODDLER!!!! BWAHAHAHAHA-!”
 
The ex-thief was abruptly cut off as boulder came smashing down out of nowhere on top of his head. Thatz went down hard under its weight, seeing stars.
 
From beyond the room's closed doors, a voice yelled, “WELL, AT LEAST I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND!!!”
 
Sweatdrops appeared on everyone's forehead, and Kharl tossed a gold ring to the fallen Dragon Knight as pennance. Needless to say, somehow this did not make Thatz any happier.
 
“O.K.!!! MY TURN!!!” Kitchel chirped as she seated herself in the chair. Then taking another look at Thatz, she said sweatdropping, “Just don't ask me any questions about Rune!”
 
The alchemist folded his hands together, smiled, and asked, “What's your opinion about Rath?”
 
Once again that day, the girl blinked in surprise and Garfakcy bristled at nothing in particular.
 
“Rath? Uh…” Kitchel wondered what kind of response the Yoaki was looking for and why in Dusis was he asking her about him, “He's uh…”
 
Kharl waited patiently.
 
“I think he's all right,” Kitchel finally stated, “I mean sure, he's totally obsessed with killing demons like Thatz is with treasure, but other than that, he seems O.K. If you wanna know, I think he's really a big softie at heart. I mean being all concerned with Cesia's welfare, with her being part Yokai and all…”
 
The therapist's left eyebrow twitched spontaneously, “Really?” he asked in a strained voice, “How…interesting.”
 
“Yah, I know,” Kitchel droned on, oblivious, “He is like so totally crushing on her, and she is playing Miss Hard-To-Get, because that makes everything so much more fun! But I tell you, once the game ends, I have my money on some serious snogging!!!”
 
There was a shattering sound suddenly and everyone jolted, looking at the broken tea cup on the floor.
 
“Oh dear, how careless of me,” Kharl stated not sounding particularly sorry at all. In fact, there was a small vein pulsing out on his forehead.
 
“RIGHT!” the therapist shouted abruptly, changing the subject rather zealously, “WELL, THATZ, IT'S YOUR TURN NOW!!!”
 
“Hey!” Kitchel yelped indignantly, “Where's my sympathy prize?”
 
“I'm afraid your recent answer was not up to my standards,” the Yokai replied smoothly and Thatz slid into the chair, eyes slightly glazed over from his assault earlier.
 
The pink-haired girl simmered angrily next to a smug Garfakcy who had become rather happy suddenly since the topic of Cesia had come up.
 
“So, Thatz,” Kharl addressed pointedly, “I take you and Rune are in the midst of a `mutual misconception'?”
 
“There's no misconception about it,” the Dragon Knight sniffed, feeling the humongous bump on his head where the boulder had come down on, “I disagree with him. He disagrees with me. I'm frustrated with him. He's frustrated with me. Only unlike me, Mr. I-Can't-Handle-A-Joke vents out his frustration in physical violence!”
 
“So, you're saying you would never resort to any retaliation of that kind?” the alchemist inquired.
 
“Well, I would, but I'm usually too busy running for my life!” the ex-thief growled in remembrance, “Ya know, this is so like Rune to blow everything out of proportion and ruin someone's plans!”
 
“I take it you do not believe you should be in this session,” Kharl stated knowingly.
 
HELL, NO!!!” Thatz cried, “THE THERAPY WAS FOR HIM, NOT FOR ME OR THE WHOLE CASTLE!!! I MEAN, REALLY, DO I HAVE ISSUES THAT NEED COUNSELING?”
 
For the umpteenth time, there was silence in the room as the occupants stared at the spokesperson and sweatdroped.
 
“Master,” said Garfakcy, testing out his newfound Psychology skills, “Is he blaming other people due his inferiority complex kicking in?”
 
“Oh, my smart little Garfakcy!” the Yokai tittered beaming, “Keep this up and I shall let you have your counseling session with someone soon!”
 
“YA TRY AND HELP A GUY!!!” Thatz raved on, ignoring all, “AND THE DUDE SMASHES A BOULDER ON YOU, CUZ HE CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!”
 
“And what is the truth, Thatz?” Kharl asked excitedly, sensing a breakthrough at last.
 
“I'LL TELL YOU WHAT THE TRUTH IS, YOU MANIACAL THERAPIST!!!” the Dragon Knight bellowed, veins springing out over his forehead, “THE TRUTH IS THAT RUNE HAS WHAT I CALL A `CHAMELEON CHANGE' AND WHOEVER HE IS AROUND RUBS OFF ON HIM!!! I MEAN, TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT HOW FAR HE'S GONE!!! WHEN HE FIRST STARTED OUT WITH RATH AND ME, HE WAS LIKE MR. ETTIQUETTE AND MR. NO-BREAKING-THE-RULES-OR-I-BREAK-YOUR-NOSE KINDA PERSON!!! NOW, LOOK AT HIM! SNEAKING AROUND THE DEMON LORD'S PALACE LIKE AN EXPERT THIEF, BEFRIENDING DEMONS, AND LETTING RATH HAVE HIS WAY SLICING YOKAI RIGHT AND LEFT!!! WELL, THAT'S ALL GOOD AND FAIR TO US, BUT WHEN IT COMES TO HANGING AROUND PEOPLE LIKE ALFEEGI, THEN THERE'S A PROBLEM!!! IN FACT, HE'S THE PERSON YOU SHOULD BE INTERVIEWING!!! THE REASON YOU CAME HERE WAS TO SOLVE RUNE'S STRESS ISSUES!!! WELL, IF YOU'RE GONNA PUT THE WHOLE PALACE THROUGH THIS NIGHTMARE, THEN START WITH THE PERSON WHO WAS RESPONSIBLE BRINGING YOU HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! THE REAL CULPRIT MASTERMIND WHO IS CONTROLLING RUNE'S ACTIONS LIKE A PUPPET: ALFEEGI!!!
 
Lightning flashes ominously behind a posed Thatz with his fist in the air. Once again, there is temporary silence in the room as all are speechless.
 
Then the silence was broken by an irritated Kitchel whining, “Is his turn over already, `cause I want that diamond necklace on top of the silver shield.”
 
“Well, Thatz,” the alchemist said, “You have been most enlightening! And I think this counseling session is almost over, except for on one thing.”
 
The Dragon Knight raised both eyebrows inquiringly.
 
“You have to admit you have an inferiority complex, before I allow you to leave,” the Yokai ordered smiling.
 
“NEVER!!!” Thatz roared, absolutely livid, “I WILL NEVER ADMIT TO THAT!!! NOT IN A MILLION YEARS!!! YOU WILL NOT WIN ME OVER!!! AND NOTHING YOU CAN DO OR SAY WILL ALLOW ME TO STOMP ON MY PRIDE AND DIGNITY!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!”
 
“Say it and you can take the whole cart,” Kharl smiled, waving both hands at the treasure-laden contraption.
 
“I have an inferiority complex!” Thatz gushed, then grabbed the cart and rushed out of the room.
 
“HEY! BRING THAT BACK, YOU THIEVING SKUNK!!!” Kitchel screamed in outrage, racing after him, “HALF OF THAT'S MINE!!!”
 
“YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!!!” the Dragon Knight could be heard shouting in mad glee, “I AM A SUPER THIEF!!!MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!”
 
“RUNE, STOP HIM! HE SAID IF YOU WERE A GIRL, HE'D BE ALL OVER YOU LIKE FLIES ON MOLASSES!!!”
 
“WHAT? NO I DIDN'T! AAAAUUUUUUGGHHH!! NICE RUNE!!! PUT THE SWORD DOWN!!! SHE'S LYING!!!!WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!”
 
Then there were sounds of vengeful shrieking, terrified screaming, swords clashing, and maniacal, high-pitched girlish laughter ringing all over the palace.
 
“WAHAHAHA!!!! WHO'S THE SUPER-THIEF NOW? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!”
 
Inside the counseling room, Garfakcy sweatdropped and inquired his master warily, “How many more of these people do we have to do sessions with?”
 
Kkarl merely, smiled, poured himself some more tea…and began to cackle evily:
 
“HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!”
 
TO BE CONTINUED…
 
A/N: Sorry this chappie took so long. I tried to work on Getting Adjusted, but I only have twelve pages…THAT MEANS I GOTTA DO TWENTY-SOME MORE BEFORE IT'S UP!!!:sobs: Anyway, this fic's chappies are shorter, so I'll be updating this more often! OK, down to business. I was just gonna do the character I decided on next chappie, but I decided to let my wonderful reviewers vote!!!
 
So who will be next?:
Alfeegi
Tetheus
Ruwalk
 
And tell me why you want them and what you'd like to see in the chappie! I already have an outline for each person but I'll try and fit what people want in. AND WHEN YOU REVIEW MAKE SURE YOU TELL ME WHAT YOU LIKED BEST ABOUT THIS CHAPPIE!!! PLZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!