Dragon Knights Fan Fiction ❯ Steal The Covers ❯ His Lover ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"I hate Alfeegi. He's so selfish. I'm still cold."

I muttered that under my breath on my way to the Dragonlord. No-one heard, but I still got a few stares. My numbed body found it hard to hold it all together, even just walking down the corridor. I tried to stifle my shivers but they broke out, several with each step, startling maids, guards and visitors.

It was all Alfeegi's fault. He can be so thoughtless sometimes. It's like he can't see or doesn't care how his actions affect others, especially if he gets put out, even a little. How could I have wasted so much time with someone so selfish? Oh no!

A horrendous shudder wracked my body, nearly knocking me off my feet. I'd hoped that a little righteous anger would warm me up, but it hadn't. I still couldn't feel my hands, and my ass ... it felt as though it had been removed and I'd been left with someone else's; probably defective, or why would they trade it away? It wouldn't have been so bad if I had any control over it. It followed a different pattern to the steps I took; as I moved left, it was turning right, causing an ugly waddle and muffled giggles from the passers-by. When I wiggled a cheek, was the effect seen on whoever'd gotten mine? I tell you, it's hard to walk without your own ass. They're kinda important.

I stroked it surreptiously, trying to get some feeling into it. It didn't work. I'd no feeling in my fingers either and two numbed appendages touching each other are deeply disturbing. I hoped that I'd get my own ass back quickly. If nothing else, I'm very fond of it and the new one was several sizes larger. It must have been; I couldn't fit my trousers around it. Maybe I'd picked up Alfeegi's by mistake, but he's got awful taste and the ones I was wearing looked pretty decent.

You know, I used to think that Alfeegi cared about me and he says he does; he may even apologise later, but how can someone treat their beloved so callously?

I rebounded off a wall, still on the way to my meeting and I wondered if maybe we were just not as close as I had thought. Did we move too fast? Had I assumed that he was as deep into this relationship as I was? Was he merely a demon in dragon form, taking me and everything I could give him for granted and laughing, even now, at how much crap I took from that diminutive freak?

Damn! I was so cold! If I had to stop every few steps, I would be several hours late. Maybe if I sat down though and rested, the Dragonlord would send someone to pick me up and toss me into a volcano. That'd be nice. Even if my flesh seared and I had to have my body replaced with metal, at least I'd be warm.

Oooh, licking flames, tickling my fingers, that'd bring the feeling back. Feeling something would be nice, because I didn't appear to be feeling anything. That's when I looked down and spotted a blood stain on my trousers. I touched it and blood came off on my fingers. It must have happened a while ago. How could I not have noticed? It still didn't hurt. I guess I should've been more careful and all that.

The stain grew bigger. The blood was still flowing. I'd be late, but I'd have to go somewhere and check that I was alright. The Dragonlord's used to people briefing him in a bloody state, but I didn't want to fall over and die until I'd finished. I still didn't know where I'd done the damage. What could cause this much bleeding?

I slipped into the closest room and closed the door behind me. It had that faint musty smell of a room that's cleaned, but not been used in a while. There wasn't a lock for the door, but I figured that I was safe enough, so I tugged at my trousers and laboriously undid the buttons that'd taken so long to do up. My fingers stumbled over and over, but I eventually managed to open my pants and pull them down to my ankles.

The gash on my leg looked pretty ugly, but once I'd cleaned it with a handkerchief I found in my pocket, I discovered that the cut was quite shallow. Luckily, someone had left a bowl of clean water on a table and as I rinsed out the handkerchief, I realised that it was one of Alfeegi's favourites. I found a second one in the other pocket. Maybe these were his trousers after all.

I used the clean one to bandage the wound. I couldn't tie it properly; my fingers had forgotten how, so I wrapped it around and tucked the ends in. I hoped that it'd hold until after I'd talked to the Dragonlord.

I left the dirty handkerchief in the bowl. If Alfeegi really wanted it, then he could go and find it. I was under no obligation to return it too him.

Pulling back up the trousers, I felt that strange sensation again; that my frozen flesh would be pulled with the cloth, the upper layer of skin scraped off. From what I could tell, my numb body survived the danger. I closed my eyes and despaired over whether my mind was as feeble as the rest of me. Was my icy backbone sending freezing slivers to kill my brain? Retying the pants, I then realised that the leg floated an inch above my sock. When this meeting was over, I was going back to my room, an Alfeegi-free zone and I'd lock the door and curl up under the covers and never share them with anyone ever again!