Elfen Lied Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Elfen Lied Inuyasha ❯ Bloody Waters ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The fury of the storm seemed to die as the waves slowly began to shrink there size. Powerfully, they still rolled in only to wash up shore and drift back into the surf. High tide had reached Inuyasha’s body and the waves were playing with his Hanoi as his body laid motionless. Tetsegia pulsed rapidly alongside Inuyasha’s loins, fighting to protect him as much as it could. The moon lied high within the night sky. It was almost midnight.

Kagome hurriedly ran across the beach’s sands as she searched for any sign of Inuyasha or Kagome. Suddenly, she spotted a form lying in the waves of the surf. Quickly she ran toward it, her heart rising within her throat. Please don’t be someone. Please. She pleaded in her heart.

She felt as if she had been stabbed when she noticed the red Hanoi. It was Inuyasha. Tears filled her eyes in horror as she saw that the waters that ran over him only returned back to the ocean stained. It was his blood that flowed so freely within the ocean’s waters. Kagome ran to him, falling down beside him. Her mind seemed to throb from the shock that took hold of her. It seemed as if the crimson blood was the natural color of the water from as much as there was.

"Inuyasha!" She yelled desperately. "Inuyasha! Say something! Please." Tears flowed from her eyes as she trembled. He couldn’t be dead!? Could he!?

Her mind seemed to be shutting down. The world seemed to be spinning as she sat there within the freezing waters with Inuyasha’s lifeless body beside her. Terrified she clung onto him, pulling him into her. She laid him in her arms as she clutched onto him. He was so cold. His long wet hair slipped through her fingers and stuck to her shirt. His head laid limp and sagged against her. His Hanoi was soaked with blood.

She felt the warmth of his blood as it flowed onto her. It made her sick yet she couldn’t release him. She felt as if she was gonna fall, fall into oblivion. Could she actually go crazy? Go crazy just from seeing Inuyasha dead? Crazy from feeling the warmth of his body seep away?

Suddenly, Tetsegia pulsed once more before ceasing. Kagome loudly cried, her body shaking from her suffering. "Why? Why? Why!" She screamed louder and louder. "Inuyasha! Please....just say.....something!" She yelled. She was becoming weak. Her consciousness seemed to flicker. She was going to pass out.

Then, weakly Inuyasha’s eyes trembled. Slowly he opened them. He felt Kagome clutching him, felt her trembling. He could feel her choked sobs rise from within her as she held him. But most of all, he felt her warmth. Even felt her tears streaming onto him. He tried to reassure her, tried to answer but couldn’t. He was almost numb. The bullet had struck him right below his heart, barely missing it’s target. The wound was serious and he was losing blood fast.

He clenched his teeth, tears of pain forming in his eyes. Kagome still sobbed as she held him, her trembling almost jarring his body. He had to tell her, tell her he was alive. He knew that she must be close to shock and if she passed out he may really die. Weakly, he groaned as she choked up another sob shaking him. His hand laid limb upon her arm. Weakly he squeezed her wrist before summoning his strength.

Kagome jerked her head up at the sudden pressure upon her wrist. Inuyasha laid, looking up at her, pain piercing from his eyes. But also within them was a glow as he saw Kagome. The glow of life.

"Ka-kagome." He weakly said before flinching. It hurt terribly to talk but he so wanted to. He had to. He didn’t want to leave her, he had to live. Tetsegia vibrated alongside him, trying to keep his blood from running wild.

Kagome smiled through her tears. "In-Inuyasha?" She asked shocked. "Your alive!" Quickly, her conscious began to clear itself. Somehow seeing Inuyasha alive had pulled her from her shock. Then she noticed the blood, it was flowing more thickly now. If she didn’t do something fast he could die from blood lose.

Hastily, she tore off her jacket. The rain had somehow regained it’s ferocity and was now down pouring once more.

"Kagome.....what....are....y-" Inuyasha tried to ask as she gently slipped the jacket around his back and over the gunshot wound.

"Don’t talk." She said as she worked. "I got to stop the bleeding." Her fingers worked fast as she positioned the jacket. Then she pulled the sleeves around. She’d have to secure it. "This might hurt." She warned before tightly pulling the slack from the jacket to tie the knot. Inuyasha gasped at his immense pain but he trusted Kagome.

She finally finished sealing the wound but he was still bleeding. Her mind raced wildly. "I-I got to call an ambulance." She said trembling. "I’ll be right back. I promise." She gently eased him off of her and laid him upon the sand, the waves still washing over him. Then she remembered his ears. Swiftly she tore a piece of his Hanoi from his arm, then tightly tied it about his head, hiding his ears.

"Inuyasha, I’ll be right back." She said rising up. "I promise."

"Kagome." Inuyasha said weakly before she turned.

"What?"

"Thanks." He said.

She smiled. It seemed as if time had suddenly stopped as she looked at him then. Her hair was wiping in the wind, the rain still pouring. Streams of tears and rain ran across her face. She looked almost uncertain but worried, about him. Thunder rolled and lightning flashed.

And as Kagome’s form faded into the darkness of the storm, Inuyasha felt himself fading. His mind went completely blank. Then fading into the blankness he saw Kagome. She stood a ways off in the sunshine of a grove of trees. She glanced up and smiled warmly at him. Quickly, she ran to him, ran into his arms. Inuyasha felt the warmth of her body as she wrapped her arms about him. Together they embraced each other as Inuyasha’s consciousness began to dim.

As Inuyasha dreamed while losing consciousness, Kagome held him within her arms. She stayed like that with him until the ambulance finally arrived. And after Inuyasha had been safely loaded and Kagome beside him, they rushed to the hospital.