Elfen Lied Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Elfen Lied Inuyasha ❯ Tag Your It ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Bandit stood with his back to both Lucy and the other soldier as he entered the cargo yards. He climbed skillfully over a cement barrier about 5ft in height that encircled the large cargo holds. He stopped with the cigarette still in his mouth. What a dump. He thought scanning all the useless junk that laid about.

Lucy laid motionless as the soldier stood over her, his finger upon the trigger. She could sense that he was well within her range. She smiled.

A loud thud alarmed Bandit. Whirling around he faced his comrade. The soldier stood paralyzed, blood oozing from his mouth. His chest was ripped open, blood spilling from the wound to the ground. He fought for breath as he choked. A large fountain of blood shot forth from inside him. Saturated in crimson, his body fell limp and lifeless as his own blood rained down around him.

Bandit stood in almost shock as he starred at his dead comrade. A movement caught his eye. It was Lucy. She stood, her arms hanging at her sides, her head bent low as her long hair spilled over her face. She was menacing as she stood unmoving, glaring at him behind her veil of hair.

"So," Bandit said regaining his composure. "You do want to play." He smiled as he loaded his rifle. Her head slightly raised at the sound of the gun.

Slowly but surely she began walking to him, her head still hanging. It amused her to see such a cocky fool standing so confident before her. She would enjoy killing him.

He stood, his legs spread, gun aimed. He shoot her now but why ruin his playtime? He’d toy with her for a while. After all, she did kill his comrade. He stood not far from the cement barrier that separated him from Lucy. He figured he could get a wounding shot in if she dared to climb the wall. He liked to work slow.

Suddenly, an explosion erupted, completely destroying a section of the barrier before Lucy.

"What!?" Bandit gasped.

Still Lucy came, slowly walking toward him. Using the power of her vectors, she lifted stray objects around her and fiercely threw them about. Bandit wasn’t quite in her range yet but he would soon.

Aware of his dangerous position, Bandit raised his rifle. Without hesitating he aimed, firing various times. "Die!" He yelled as his gun powerfully kicked, sending storms of bullets at Lucy. Glints of light danced about Lucy as she skillfully blocked the assault. Bullets rained around her as she still came toward him.

"What the hell are you!?" He yelled as he continued his fire.

She was growing tired of such childish games. Powerfully, she raised up equipment and supplies that laid around her before hurling it at Bandit. Her aim was precise but Bandit acted fast. Swiftly, he rolled out of the way, the heavy material crashing where he had stood.

Crouching behind a large metal cargo hold, he took cover. The crashes shook the hold as dust and debris rained about him. Waves of material plummeted at him. He coughed from the dust that risen from the chaos. Bandit grew uncomfortable. Never before had his life been threatened by an enemy. Explosions seemed to erupt all around him.

"Quit throwing that shit around!" He yelled. "Throw?" He said to himself as he recalled his head officers words.

"The escaping subject has a reach of about 4 meters with invisible arms known as vectors." Bandit remembered. "Take caution for our target has killed 35 men within only 10 minutes. Good luck."

So, your using those damn arms of yours to throw all that junk at me. He glanced around the cargo hold. She still came toward him, objects rising around her as she prepared to throw them at him. Suddenly, a large crane above her caught his eye. A large boat was tied securely overhead, ready to be shipped by morning. He smiled.

Suddenly, he leapt from his cover, taking aim at the ropes that bound the boat. "This is fun, isn’t it!" He yelled firing. The ropes snapped as the bullets tore through them, the boat falling to it’s target. Bandit returned to his cover as the crash erupted behind him. He smiled to himself, "Let’s see you escape that." He smirked.

He glanced back to were she had stood. She still stood, within the rubble of the boat. Then slowly she continued her way toward him. She smirked. Did this dumb bastard really think he could kill her?

Bandit sighed as he leaned against the cargo hold. She was only probably 20 ft. from where he hid. "Jeez, I just can’t keep up."

A large bloody form suddenly landed beside him. It was the remains of Bandit’s comrade. His armor was torn, and only the lower half of his carcass was still intact. Bandit clenched his teeth, his knuckles went white as his anger increased. He would kill this girl, he swore it.

Swiftly, he charged from behind the hold. "Now die!" He yelled. Gun raised he slid to a stop.

Lucy stood not 15 ft away and in her hand aimed directly Bandit was the gun that his comrade had carried. The sleek black barrel faced Bandit’s strartled expression.

"Now that’s not very fair, is it?" He almost pleaded before she sent a series of shots into is chest.

Though he wore a bulletproof vest it still hadn’t fully protected him from the wave of bullets. At least three bullets had impacted themselves in his flesh. He laid in pain, his breathing coming hard and fast. She stood over him, glaring down. He could see her face now, her red eyes piercing through him.

"You......you-" He gasped for breath as pain shot through his body. I can’t believe this! I can’t believe she shot me! This bitch actually shot me!

"Having fun?" She asked coldly, her voice low.

His eyes widened. "How.....how dare......you!" He yelled between gasps. He raised his arm toward her, his fingers shaking from the effort it took.

Her eyes fell upon his arm, before it snapped in half, the bone protuding the skin. Bandit screamed in his pain as he tried to withdraw it. His teeth clenched as he shook from the pain he had to endure. His chest felt as if it was on fire, his arm as if someone had tore the very bone from inside it.

Lucy just stood over him, her eyes holding no emotion. She felt no sympathy for this human who laid before her so helpless. It was his kind that had caused all her pain, now she was just repaying them.

"You-you bitch!" He screamed. "How dare you! How dare you!" He yelled even louder.

"Suffer." She said poisonously.

Her vectors slithered from her horns toward Bandit’s face. Unmercifully, she jammed them into his eye sockets. Bandit felt his eyes sink into his head, the immense pain causing him to thrash about. Blood flowed from his eyes, and all the while he loudly swore and cursed her as his body jerked and rolled about.

As he thrashed his arm struck her hand. Suddenly, Lucy felt something within her palm. Her vectors still tortured Bandit as she opened her palm before her. She saw it. She gasped before grabbing her head. She trembled as she fell to the ground on her knees.

Finally, her trembling ceased and she looked up.

"Nyuu?"

Nyuu glanced around. She was confused and scared. How could she have gotten here. Bandit had stopped thrashing now that the vectors had gone. Instead, he loudly yelled, "Come back here! Come back here you wench! I’ll kill you! I swear it!"

Nyuu recognized the man but it was the blood that covered him that scared her more than anything. Terrified, she ran off to find the only people she did know.