Fake Fan Fiction ❯ FAKE in Love: Act IV, Disappearances and Reunions ❯ Chapter 3

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Warnings and Disclaimers: I do not own FAKE. I am not Sanami Matoh. I am penniless and have nothing worth suing for. This Fanfic is set after (surprise, surprise) ACT III: Pistols and Passion. You may want to read the other ones before you get started, but if you don't feel like it, that's up to you.
Reviews are always welcome, flame me if you like, but I will just point and laugh.
Special thanks to those great people who e-mailed me and gave my ego a nice little stroke. Hope you like it!
 
 
Ryo sat slumped in a hard chair at Bikky's bedside. His young charge was sleeping peacefully, his arm encased in a tight cast. They had both suffered from smoke inhalation, but otherwise they were fine. The doctors planned to release Bikky the next afternoon so long as no complications arose. Ryo pressed a hand over his eyes and lightly massaged them. He felt so tired.
 
The door clicked open behind him and he glanced up, the small smile dropping automatically into place as Rose entered and sat down next to him.
 
“Hello sir,” Ryo said. “Thank you again for saving us.”
 
“It's alright Ryo,” Rose said softly. “I would have done the same for anyone.”
 
“Yes,” Ryo said. “I think you would have.”
 
He leaned back into his chair and pressed his hand back over his eyes, a dull headache beginning to form in his temples.
 
“You need to get some rest, Ryo.”
 
“Yes, I know. There's so much to do though. I need to call Bikky's school and let them know he won't be in for a few days. I've got to get a hold of the cell phone company too, I think I dropped my phone in my apartment and I need a replacement ASAP. And then I need to start dealing with the insurance company. On top of that I need to get over to Dee's place and get things set up so Bikky and I can stay there for a while. I've got--”
 
Rose suddenly wrapped his arms around Ryo and pulled him close, Ryo's soft voice cutting off as Rose lightly brushed a hand through his hair.
 
“Stop Ryo,” Rose said softly. “Just stop.”
 
Ryo froze and closed his eyes, the careful mask cracking a little in Rose's warm hold. He allowed the Commissioner to hold him for a moment and then he pushed gently away. There was no smile this time, only sad weariness as he looked back up at Rose.
 
“Thank you sir,” he said.
 
“Come on Ryo,” Rose said. “You can stay with me tonight. Your son needs his rest, and you're not doing him any good by sitting here all night. Come and get something to eat and a little sleep.”
 
“I'd rather stay here,” Ryo said distantly and his eyes slid to Bikky.
 
Rose's mouth thinned.
 
“Consider it an order, Detective.”
 
 
Ryo numbly followed Rose as the Commissioner led him towards his posh apartment. Ryo absently remembered the last time he had been here, and he tiredly ran a hand through his hair again. He was still covered in blood and soot, and his whole body already felt exhausted. He couldn't take one of Rose's assaults right now, he'd probably shoot the man if he tried it.
 
Rose glanced back at him with a small reassuring smile.
 
“It'll be alright, Ryo,” he said softly and unlocked the door.
 
Ryo silently followed him inside, his dark eyes pinned on the floor. Suddenly, he was enfolded in a set of strong arms, his head pressed tightly against a familiar body.
 
“Ryo, God Ryo, I'm so sorry. Are you okay? Oh Ryo,” Dee clung to him, his hands running up and down Ryo as he held him close. “I'm so sorry.”
 
Ryo blinked, his mind trying to understand what was happening. A long moment passed and then his arms slid up around Dee and he clutched at the back of his shirt. Ryo's head slumped forward and rested heavily against Dee, all of his strength sliding back as he breathed in Dee's warm scent.
 
Rose watched them for an instant and then sighed loudly.
 
“I have to go and pick up something for us to eat, and I'll need to find something suitable for Detective MacLean to wear tomorrow.”
 
Dee glanced up at him and Rose shot him an annoyed glare. The Commissioner slammed the door loudly on his way out.
 
“Where have you been?” Ryo whispered.
 
Dee pulled him closer and ran his hand through Ryo's hair. Ryo flinched as Dee's fingers pressed lightly over a bruised bump on his neck, Dee pausing as he stared down at it. Ryo smelled like smoke, everything about him was heavy with it, and Dee buried his face in Ryo's hair to push past it, to get to Ryo. He breathed him in, his hold tightening again.
 
For five days he had been on the run, barely stopping long enough to sleep for a couple of hours at a time. He had made it to some old friends, friends with less than legal connections and he had gone underground. Things had gotten quiet then, and he had lain around in dark basements drinking beer with his less than reputable friends and swapping stories from back in the day. No phone. He couldn't seem to find anyone that was willing to loan him a phone or even let him out long enough to find a payphone on his own. They told him it was a bad idea, and Dee had to admit that they were right; he couldn't involve anyone else, not after…
 
He had been lonely, and bored, and he missed Ryo. He thought of Ryo and imagined what he was doing. He knew where Ryo was, he could picture the annoyed look on his face as he did their paperwork, the concern in his eyes as he curled up alone in the bed they had shared for so long. It made him smile a little, and he had tried to imagine every instant of Ryo's day.
 
Then, he had gone to the orphanage. He had meant to leave a message with Mother. He couldn't stay hidden away forever, and he had really thought that the men after him had lost his trail. But somehow they had found out who he was. Somehow they had been waiting for him. He had had to run again, but this time he needed to run to a place with a phone. If they knew anything about him, they'd know about Ryo.
 
He lightly kissed the top of Ryo's head.
 
“Are you okay?” Dee breathed.
 
“I'm fine,” Ryo answered without thought. “Bikky's in the hospital. They broke his arm.”
 
“Oh Ryo,” Dee closed his eyes again. “I'm sorry.”
 
Ryo's hold on him tightened and Dee kissed the top of his head again. Dee gently swayed back and forth, rocking them both as they held together. A long moment passed and then Dee leaned back and smiled at Ryo.
 
“Come on. Let's get you cleaned up. You smell like smoke.”
 
Ryo snorted laughter and followed him into Rose's large bathroom. Dee brushed his hands through Ryo's hair as he turned on the water, his touch gently trailing down Ryo's graceful neck. The edges of the bruise curled around it, and Dee lightly caressed it as he stared sadly at Ryo.
 
“This is all my fault.”
 
“It's alright,” Ryo said and pulled him into a loose embrace. “It's okay. I'm fine.”
 
Dee clung to him again and buried his face in Ryo's smoke filled shirt. He paused there a moment and then slipped away, quickly turning the shower on. Dee knelt and began to unbutton Ryo's shirt, his eyes warmly sliding over the smooth milky skin. Ryo leaned into his touch and closed his eyes.
 
“Ryo,” Dee breathed.
 
His hands raced over Ryo as he stripped them both, caressing and pressing against Ryo's soft skin as he pulled him into the shower. Warm water flowed down over them as they kissed, Ryo's arms wrapping around him as he pulled Dee closer. He leaned against Dee, Dee's warm hands running up and down his body as Dee explored every inch. The water soon slicked their bodies and Dee gently sucked at Ryo's neck as his soapy hands covered Ryo in a thin foam. Ryo moaned, his eyes still closed as Dee slowly turned him around.
 
Dee relished every touch, every small sound, and every breath that passed between them. He needed this, this ultimate closeness. He needed to know that they were both alright and that they were together. Dee kissed down Ryo's spine, his lips barely touching against Ryo's skin. He loved Ryo so much, and he felt himself harden as his cheek brushed against the wet skin beneath him. He loved Ryo so much.
 
Ryo's hands pressed tightly against the shower wall as he felt a slickened finger dart inside of him. He leaned forward, Dee's tongue racing across his back as he continued to play his fingers back and forth. Ryo's body shook and he leaned harder against the wall as he struggled to push everything aside. It felt so good to be with Dee, to be in his arms, to feel his touch and warm caresses, but…
 
He felt Dee slide within him and Dee bit into his shoulder as he began to thrust gently. Ryo moaned and answered each thrust, his back arching as Dee's fingers trailed up his thigh and then lightly began to pump him. Dee pushed harder, his hand digging into Ryo's chest as he braced himself, his stroke becoming firmer as his speed increased.
 
Small pleading sounds escaped Ryo, bare whimpers that fell quietly on the shower's white tile. He couldn't do this, not now. It was too much. His eyes clenched tighter as he felt himself tense, his body rising to release, his mind shaking. It ripped through him almost savagely and Ryo cried out Dee's name as he came, Dee following close behind. Both arched together, the long release passing through them, their bodies still pressing together as they relished the high. Ryo slumped heavily against the shower's wall, his legs threatening to give out as everything rushed over him.
 
It was too much.
 
He felt Dee gently hold him, the water rushing over them for a few moments longer as they rinsed off. Ryo shivered despite the water's heat, and still his eyes remained closed. He felt Dee's soft hands trail over him, but he couldn't respond, couldn't make himself do anything other than stand beneath the water. Dee reached past him and turned it off, gently holding Ryo close again.
 
He pulled Ryo out of the shower and handed him a towel. Dee quickly dried himself and tugged back on his clothes before he turned to help Ryo. He flinched when he saw the hollowness on Ryo's beautiful face, and moved slowly as he toweled Ryo off. Dee glanced down at the pile of Ryo's smoky and dirty clothes and kicked it lightly. He glanced around and tugged a long black robe from the back of the bathroom door. Dee gently wrapped Ryo in the soft fabric and then led him out into the living room.
 
Ryo followed him without a word, everything suddenly completely exhausted. He had never felt this drained in his entire life. It all pushed forward, all the worry, the fear, the sorrow, and all of the dread. Five days without Dee, days of loneliness and uncertainty, nights of dark dreams. The weight in his chest was threatening to crumble, and that couldn't happen, not yet. He couldn't let go, despite everything that had happened. Despite everything he had felt since Dee disappeared he couldn't lose control yet. His eyes clenched tightly shut. And now Bikky was hurt. He hadn't been able to protect Bikky. He could lie to himself all he wanted and even maybe believe that Dee could take care of himself, but Bikky was his son and he'd be damned if he was going to let anyone hurt him.
 
Dee gently pulled him down to the couch and enfolded Ryo into his arms. Ryo pressed his body tightly to Dee's, seeking all the warmth and comfort that Dee could give him. Dee held him close and closed his eyes.
 
“I love you Ryo,” he breathed.
 
Ryo's hand tightened in his shirt and he buried his face against Dee's chest. He clung there, struggling, and Dee gently ran a hand through his hair.
 
“You always hold it in,” Dee whispered. “You're not fine, Ryo, and you don't have to be.”
 
Dee had been on edge since this began, but he hadn't known real terror until that morning when he knew that Ryo wasn't safe. He had felt weak and frightened then, and found himself constantly wondering if Ryo was okay, if something had happened to him. It had burned through his mind and touched everything. And it was that uncertainty that Ryo had had to carry for the last five days. Suddenly all the reasons for not contacting him--his cell phone being shot, not being able to get to a phone, not wanting to involve anyone else--they all seemed selfish and cruel. He had left Ryo alone and Dee knew how much Ryo hated that.
 
“I'm sorry,” he whispered. “I wanted to tell you I was okay, but I was so scared that they'd…”
 
His arms tightened around Ryo. They fit so well together, two pieces of the same puzzle. Ryo's arm pressed more firmly against his chest and Dee closed his eyes.
 
“They shot Tommy,” Dee said numbly. “They caught us, that night, they found us both. They wanted to know where the information he had taken was, and he told them I had it. They shot him to make me talk, and I, I didn't want that to happen to you.”
 
He could see it so clearly. One minute he and Tommy were kneeling in front of each other, Tommy's annoyance carefully masking his fear. Dee was smirking, he had just taken a hit from one of the men and had snapped out some witty comeback. He was staring at Tommy, and suddenly Tommy didn't have a face anymore. Dee shivered. God, what if that had been Ryo?
 
Ryo inhaled the soft soapy scent seeping from beneath Dee's shirt. He felt worn, stretched, and everything was trying to break free from him. His nerves were shot. After five days of little hints and clues that breathed that Dee was definitely not alright, he felt shaky. And then, getting shot at, knocked out, and waking up to find his home burning and his son beaten…He felt empty and…he closed his eyes angrily; he felt vulnerable. He hated that, he hated feeling like he couldn't handle himself. Dee's warmth pressed against him and Ryo wanted to just let go, to just release this hurricane of emotions…
 
It's not good to hold back when the only thing you want to do is cry.
 
Apparently he hadn't learned his lesson. He'd cried against Dee before, why was it so hard this time? Why couldn't he let go? Dee was here, Dee was fine. Ryo's face tensed. He couldn't because this was dangerously close to crying over Dee. This was too close to mourning Dee.
 
“I'm sorry that I,” Dee's voice faltered. “That I pushed you to…”
 
“I wanted to,” Ryo said softly, his voice becoming more hesitant. “I just…it was more than I had been expecting.”
 
Dee blinked and then chuckled. “I think that about you every time.”
 
Ryo blushed and was surprised to find a small smile on his face. He sighed and shifted a little, his body relaxing. He couldn't let go, not now, but he thought it would be okay if he just pretended that everything really was fine. For just a little while he'd imagine that no one was hunting Dee and that no one had tried to kill either of them, and they were just enjoying being together. Dee kissed the top of his head and Ryo smiled again.
 
“I love you Dee.”
 
I just wanted to say that in case you disappear again, in case that really is the last thing I get to say to you because I don't think you know how much I love you. I was worried about you, all the time, no matter what I told anyone. Don't leave me alone, do you understand?
 
“I love you too.”
 
I wanted so badly to come home to you. I missed you. I'm so sorry for leaving you alone, and I know I need to make it up to you. I'll think of something, I promise. I'll be careful, so you do the same. I know you'll take stupid risks to keep everyone safe, but please try and restrain yourself. Don't leave me alone, okay?