Fake Fan Fiction ❯ FAKE in Love: Act VIII, A Shot of Something Good ❯ The First Time ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Warnings and Disclaimers: I'm not Sanami Matoh, I don't own FAKE and I have included some citrus in these stories. If you don't like yaoi, then don't read this. BWAHAHAHAHAAAA!
 
SET BETWEEN THE THIRD AND FOURTH MANGA.
 
“Stop it.”
The light hand that had been running down Ryo's side dropped away and he sighed irritably as he closed his eyes again. There was no reason for this, they weren't working on a case, there was no one they were supposed to be protecting, and yet here Dee was, sleeping over at his apartment. Again. It seemed to be happening more and more often and as far as Ryo could tell, there was no reason for it. Of course there was also no reason why his partner couldn't sleep out on the couch, but look where he was.
The gentle touching began again and Ryo scowled.
“I said stop it.”
Dee sighed and his hand again pulled back. It just wasn't fair. Here he was, in bed with his sexy partner, and all sexy partner wanted to do was sleep. Something was just wrong about that. He waited a moment longer and gently pushed back Ryo's hair.
“I don't want to have to tell you again,” Ryo snapped. “I'm trying to sleep.”
“I know.”
“Then leave me alone and let me sleep.”
Dee sighed again and blinked in the thick darkness. He could just make out the enticing curves of Ryo's body, small hills and valleys that made him ache with desire. He wanted to hold Ryo, to cover every part of him with kisses and caresses, to taste his wonderful taste. Dee frowned a little and listened to Ryo's breathing as it slowed and deepened. A few more moments passed and Dee continued to cautiously study Ryo's body in the shadows.
“Ryo?” he whispered softly.
Ryo didn't respond and Dee hesitantly moved a little closer. He smiled as he rested his head on Ryo's pillow and felt Ryo's warm breath puff over him. His eyes slid closed and he tried to imagine Ryo's perfect face, the shadows that covered it pulling back in his mind as his eyes opened again.
He swept his gaze across Ryo's face and cautiously slid a hand to Ryo's waist. He had learned early on in their partnership that Ryo was a heavy sleeper, and so long as he was certain Ryo was asleep and he made sure to let go and move back to his side of the bed, it was alright to hold on for a little while. Ryo murmured something and shifted a little, Dee freezing immediately. Wouldn't that be a fun fight?
He sighed again and smiled a little in the dark room. He had never been willing to put up with this kind of thing from anyone, but with Ryo…I love him. His smile shifted and became pleased and contented like it did whenever he thought those words. Yes, he loved Ryo, just the thought of it made him warm and excited. The smile faded some and he lightly caressed Ryo's waist. He just wanted Ryo to tell him how he felt. Suddenly Dee frowned and his hand grew heavier at Ryo's waist.
Did Ryo know how he felt? He had kissed the man countless times and held Ryo close every chance that he got, but had he actually ever told Ryo? Dee smiled again. Well, he'd have to fix that; he'd have to tell Ryo. The thought filled him with a nervous excitement and he happily hugged Ryo close. Ryo murmured again and frowned in his sleep, his body shifting again in Dee's hold. Dee chuckled and quickly released him.
“Sorry,” Dee whispered.
Ryo sighed and curled up more tightly under the blankets, one arm flopping out and resting across Dee. Dee blinked and froze in uncertainty, but then smiled and closed his eyes, wonderfully content under Ryo's hold. He gently caressed Ryo's arm and lightly kissed it, his eyes closing again as he allowed himself a few more moments close to Ryo before he rolled reluctantly away and drifted off to sleep.
He smiled a little more, as the words spread across him like a warm blanket and he gave over to dreaming.
 
“Goddamn bank robbers,” Dee muttered as he lit a cigarette and stared across the desks at Ryo.
His brown haired partner was currently paging through a thick folder, his glasses firmly in place as he read through the fine print. They were investigating a series of bank robberies that had recently been plaguing the city. Their robber was steadily becoming bolder, and everyone agreed that it was only a matter of time before his luck ran out and he actually hurt someone. Ryo ran a hand through his hair and Dee smiled as he took a long slow drag. Ryo glanced up at him.
“What?”
“Mmm, nothing.”
Ryo's eyebrow lifted and he turned back to the paperwork. Dee continued to stare. A long moment passed and Ryo looked up at him with annoyance. Dee grinned guiltily and shrugged.
“Hey, Ryo…”
“No we aren't leaving early.”
“That's not what I was going to ask.”
“Alright, what? And I'm not cooking for you tonight.”
“Why not?”
Ryo sighed heavily and flipped another page in the file.
“I have plans.”
“With who?” Dee said, his voice almost jealous.
Ryo glanced up at him with a tired wariness and Dee's eyes narrowed.
“You're kidding,” Dee said angrily.
“We have to meet to go over some paperwork,” Ryo said flatly. “I was asked to help re-write some of the employee review forms and Rose and I are going to talk about them tonight.”
“Yeah,” Dee snorted. “I'll give you three guesses how you got that job and the first two don't count.”
He took another long drag and then froze as he glanced over at Ryo. Ryo's eyes were locked on him in an icy stare.
“Oh?” Ryo said coldly. “Is that the only way that I could be recommended for something like that?”
“W-wait,” Dee said as he nervously ground out the cigarette. “That's not what I meant…”
“Funny,” Ryo said as he lifted the file back up. “That's exactly what you said.”
Dee scowled. Dammit. Why did things like this keep happening? He sighed and ran a hand through his hair.
“I'm sorry Ryo,” Dee said. “I just don't like you being alone with him.”
“I have a gun.”
“And too much patience,” Dee said as he shook his head. “Look at what you let me get away with.”
Ryo glared at him as a bright blush fanned over his cheeks and he stared back down at the file.
“Admit it,” Dee said as he pulled out his cigarettes again. “You have no idea of what Rose wants to do to you.”
The file smacked him firmly in the face as Ryo's cheeks turned an almost violent shade of crimson. He snatched the papers back up and buried himself back in them. Dammit, didn't Dee get anything? Of course he knew what Rose wanted to do to him, or at least he had a pretty good idea of the mechanics involved. And his experience with men had certainly increased since he had come to the 27th, or more accurately his experience with Dee had certainly increased. It's not like he wanted to spend time with Berkeley Rose. Bikky was spending the night at Carol's, and Ryo had been all ready for Dee's usual self invite. He was going to make pasta, one of Dee's favorites, and then they would have the whole night together, alone. Even now he could imagine the gentle insistence of Dee's hands and the warm caressing of his intoxicating kisses…
His blush fanned out again. Dee stared at him with careful contemplation and then leaned across the desks, his face inches away from Ryo's.
“What are you thinking about Ryo?”
“B-bank robberies,” Ryo answered shakily and determinedly refused to meet Dee's eyes.
“Bank robberies don't usually make someone blush that much,” Dee said lowly as he leaned even closer.
Ryo leaned back in his chair, his eyes locked with Dee's now.
“Come on,” Dee said. “I'm sorry. Let me buy you a drink. I'll let you ask me for another kiss.”
Ryo blushed again and nervously blinked as Dee smirked at him.
“I-I can't,” Ryo managed finally. “Dinner. Rose.”
Dee scowled again and dropped back into his seat. Ryo's eyes slid back to the file and Dee irritably smoked. Suddenly he perked up and glanced over at Ryo again. Ryo had said that he couldn't, not that he didn't want to. So did that mean that if he hadn't had to meet with their jackass of a commissioner…Dee frowned and sighed heavily. He didn't want to read too much into this. He ran a hand through his hair and stared at his partner some more.
“Ready Ryo?”
The silky baritone rippled across them and Ryo glanced up as Rose smiled down at him. Dee felt his whole body bristle with annoyance and a strange feeling of protectiveness.
“Yes sir,” Ryo said. “Just let me grab the files.”
He pulled on his jacket and gathered up all the paperwork, flipping through it one last time as Rose and Dee watched. Ryo glanced over at Dee and gave him a warm smile that immediately made Dee both thrilled to be alive and extremely angry that Ryo was heading out with Rose.
“I'll see you tomorrow Dee.”
“Sure,” Dee said. “Give me a call if you need anything.”
“I'm sure I can handle anything that comes up,” Rose said with a suggestive smirk.
Dee's eyes narrowed as a light blush fanned over Ryo's face and Rose chuckled.
“Shall we go?”
“Yes sir.”
Rose glanced back at Dee once more and the dark haired detective gave him the finger. Rose just smiled triumphantly.
 
Ryo thought for possibly the hundredth time how inappropriate Rose's restaurant choice was. The lighting was more shadows than anything else and he had to squint through his glasses to read anything. The table was too small and they kept bumping knees as Rose used every excuse to lean closer to him. The entire atmosphere was more like a date than a business meeting and Ryo was beginning to get annoyed.
“If you look at the third page you'll see what I'm talking about,” Ryo said. “The old forms ask the same question three times.”
“Yes, I see,” Rose murmured, not even bothering to look at the paperwork.
Ryo frowned darkly and sighed.
“Well, I think that about covers everything,” Ryo said abruptly as he flipped the files closed. “Thanks for the meal sir.”
“Wait, Ryo,” Rose said smoothly. “The night's still young. There's a bar down the street, let's stop and have a drink.”
“I'm sorry sir, but, er, I have to get home and check in with Bikky.”
Liar, liar, liar…
“Oh just give him a call,” Rose said. “I'm sure the boy can fend for himself.”
Ryo's cell phone suddenly rang. Both stared at in surprise as he pulled it out.
“Hello? MacLean here,” he listened for a moment and then nodded. “I see, I'm on my way.”
He hung up and gave Rose an apologetic smile.
“Sorry sir, but there's been another bank robbery. We haven't gotten many breaks in this case and this is our first chance at examining a fresh scene.”
“I see,” Rose said and his eyes sparkled. “Sounds interesting.”
Oh great…
 
Dee scowled as he stared at the open vault door, his eyes narrowed and a cigarette angrily clamped in his lips. This wasn't how he wanted to spend his evening. Now he just wanted to see Ryo and make sure that his partner was okay.
“I love you,” he murmured so softly that even he had a hard time understanding the words.
He grinned immediately and ran a hand through his hair. Where exactly was his sexy partner? He had called almost a half-hour ago, it wasn't like Ryo to keep him waiting.
“Dee!”
Dee glanced up, the smile fading immediately as he saw his partner approaching with Commissioner Rose in tow. Ryo flashed him an apologetic pleading look and Dee scowled in answer.
“Find anything?”
“No,” Dee answered flatly.
He wasn't sure why he was suddenly so annoyed with his partner, of course he had just been fantasizing about telling Ryo how much he loved him and the brunette had shown up with another man. Dee's scowl darkened. It was more than that though. Something about seeing Rose with his Ryo always made him so furious. He just couldn't trust the blonde haired Commissioner.
“Looks like the same M.O.,” Dee said.
“That's pretty obvious Detective,” Rose snapped.
Dee started to reply, but suddenly Rose's cell phone went off sharply. Dee tossed him annoyed look and the commissioner stepped aside to answer. Ryo sighed and glanced over at Dee, a small smile playing across his face.
“What?” Dee asked.
“Nothing,” Ryo answered quickly.
He turned and started poking through the mess, the smile again darting across his face. He had just been thinking how relieved he was to get away from Rose and how happy he was that he got to see Dee that night. He was suddenly thankful that the bank had been robbed, and wasn't that a funny thing for a police detective to think? A hand rested on his shoulder and he jumped a little as he turned. Berkeley Rose leaned in close, his icy eyes sparking against Ryo.
“S-sir?”
“Sorry Ryo,” Rose said in his sultry voice. “I've got to go settle a PR nightmare out of the juvenile department. Can we pick this up another night?”
Ryo could all but feel Dee bristle at that. Rose was doing it again, twisting everything to get a reaction out of them. Well screw that, it wasn't going to happen this time.
“That's alright sir,” Ryo said with a vague smile. “We were finished anyway.”
Rose blinked in surprise and Dee grinned.
“Well,” the Commissioner said as he quickly pulled his composure back into place. “I'll see you tomorrow then.”
“Good night sir.”
“Bye,” Dee said happily.
Rose glared at him as he strode away. Dee hesitated a moment longer as Ryo continued to pick through the cluttered mess, then he threw an arm around Ryo's shoulders and leaned closer.
“That was great,” Dee said happily.
“We're at a crime scene,” Ryo said. “Could you please try and remember that?”
“Yeah, yeah, but the problem is I don't see what we're looking for. You know what that means.”
“Yeah,” Ryo said with a heavy sigh.
Dumpster diving.
 
Their criminal had been very considerate. He always left behind his equipment, and although they hadn't managed to pull any evidence from anything yet, his luck couldn't hold forever. Usually they found a bag stashed somewhere in a desk or back in the vault, but sometimes he tossed it in a back dumpster.
Ryo sighed as he stared at the dumpster and Dee finished up another cigarette. What a fun way to spend the night.
“Isn't this a CSI job?” Dee said irritably.
“They're stretched even thinner than we are,” Ryo said. “But look, they sent some rubber gloves, it's almost like they're here.”
“Great,” Dee said as he pulled them on. “You know, we could get some rookies to do this for us.”
Ryo shot him an annoyed glance and Dee shrugged.
“Yeah, that's what I thought you'd say,” he grumbled as he laced his fingers together. “In you go.”
Ryo climbed up onto the dumpster, straddling the edge as he helped to pull Dee up. Both glanced down into the garbage and Ryo sighed heavily as he dropped inside, Dee quickly following. They both blinked and winced at the smell and feel and then began to dig.
“Have I mentioned how much I love my job lately?” Dee asked.
“It is glamorous,” Ryo answered.
There was a sudden rumbling overhead and a bag of trash dropped out of the chute above them and landed wetly on Ryo's head. It burst open, trash raining down over him as he stood frozen. It clung to him, his face smeared and his suit stained, his mouth hanging open as he blinked in surprise. He stood still for a moment longer and then sighed heavily and went back to digging.
Dee stared at Ryo in open surprise. He didn't think that he could have handled something like that with that kind of composure. He felt another rush of respect and love for the adorable detective and he determinedly attacked the trash again. All he wanted now was to find their evidence and get Ryo out of there. He could hear Ryo sigh softly as he continued to search, and Dee gritted his teeth in concentration.
“Found it,” Ryo said finally, a grim relief in his voice. “Let's get out of here.”
He clambered back up onto the dumpster edge and waited to make sure that Dee could get out without any help. They dropped back onto the street and slumped down against the alley wall, both breathing in the fresher air deeply. Ryo sighed again and pulled a used coffee filter from his pocket.
“Goddammit,” he muttered.
Dee's eyes locked on him and he smiled a little. Even covered in trash the man was the most beautiful thing Dee had ever seen. Dee reached over and gently pulled some garbage from Ryo's hair. His hand lingered and brushed across Ryo's cheek, wiping away a smudge from Ryo's pale face. Ryo blushed and his eyes closed as Dee closed the slight distance between them and gently brushed his lips over Ryo's. He hesitated a moment and then his tongue caressed out and slipped into Ryo's waiting mouth. His thumb brushed across Ryo's cheek as he gently explored and pressed through Ryo's mouth, reveling in the sweet taste and pure warmth that radiated from Ryo.
He pulled back slowly, almost reluctantly, and smiled at the dark blush that fanned across Ryo's face. He brushed back a stray strand of hair, and his eyes locked with Ryo's.
“I love you Ryo MacLean.”
The blush darkened and Dee smiled and let himself drift in Ryo's beautiful dark eyes. He leaned forward for another soft kiss and ran his fingers through Ryo's hair again.
“So very much,” he murmured.
Later, Dee could never really remember how the case had ended, he couldn't remember if they had caught the guy or if it was just another unsolved case. But that night was forever locked in his mind.
It was almost as clear as the night that Ryo finally said it back.
 
This was one of those things that I always wondered about. We were there for so many of Dee and Ryo's firsts, and I wished that we could have seen the first time Dee tells Ryo that he loves him. I also think this helps to explain why Dee was so desperate for some kind of sign from Ryo in the fourth book. This was fun to write.