Fake Fan Fiction ❯ FAKE in Love: Act VIII, A Shot of Something Good ❯ Drinking and Holding ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Warnings and Disclaimers: I'm not Sanami Matoh, I don't own FAKE and I have included some citrus in these stories. If you don't like yaoi, then don't read this. BWAHAHAHAHAAAA!
 
SET BETWEEN THE SIXTH AND SEVENTH MANGA.
 
Dee yawned loudly as he walked through the busy Bronx precinct, his footsteps speeding up a little as he headed to the dismal corner that the boys from the 27th had been relegated too. Goddamn explosion, he thought with an angry growl, completely ignoring any fault he may have had in the bombing. The irritation disappeared however and he grinned as he threw the door open and scanned the small room for his sexy partner. He looked around in confusion and then irritably stomped to their conjoined desks.
He flung his jacket down and slammed his coffee onto his desk before he slumped down in his seat. He stared at the clock and drummed his fingers as he waited. Where was Ryo? It was practically impossible for Dee to beat the gorgeous brunette to the office, Ryo had a weird time compulsion that made him religiously early. He sighed and slid down lower in his chair.
“Hey, Drake,” he snagged the passing detective's arm. “You seen Ryo yet this morning?”
“He's not here yet?” Drake said with a frown. “Damn, maybe he's sick. Nah, that man would have to be dead before he wouldn't drag himself into the office.”
Dee scowled and Drake shrugged.
“Sorry man, but it's the truth. Why don't you check your voicemail?”
“My what?”
“Idiot,” Drake snorted and strolled away.
Dee sighed and picked up his phone, pausing for a moment as he dialed into the voice mail system and struggled to remember his mailbox number and password. The messages began to play and Dee winced at the number of old messages. Good God, how many people were pissed at him for never calling them back? Delete. Well, there was another one.
Maybe Ryo really was sick. Dee smiled a little as he thought back to the first time that he had seen his poor partner sick. They had only been working together for a couple of weeks, and Ryo had all but collapsed in the midst of a fever. Dee had been given the distinct pleasure of caring for his partner late into the night. His smile grew a little more pleased. He had also had the distinct pleasure of stealing a kiss from Ryo's delectable lips. Suddenly he winced as he remembered the second time Ryo had shown up sick for work. The Chief had yelled at poor Ryo for almost twenty minutes before sending him home and making Dee stay behind and do all the paperwork. No, he definitely didn't want a repeat of that day.
Jesus Christ, was he ever going to get to the end of these messages? Maybe he should check them more often. Like when Ryo checked his, every frickin' morning, maybe he should rip his eyes off of the man and dial in too.
“Detective Laytner…”
Delete. There was no way he was going to listen to anything Berkeley Rose had to say to him. He didn't listen to the man in person so why in the hell would he listen to a fake version? And the bastard still had his eyes set on Ryo. Didn't he get anything? They were so close…
Dee's eyes grew distant as he thought back to the supple body and pleased moans he had uncovered in Ryo's apartment. If only it hadn't been for that stupid serial killer. Son of a bitch. Things had been going so well, and his partner had certainly seemed to enjoy what Dee had started. And then things had been broken off and now Ryo jumped and shied away whenever Dee came close. Their relationship had suddenly reverted to its infantile stages, with Ryo always making up some excuse not to be alone with Dee after work. He seemed to always have some other business that he needed to attend to or some reason why Dee couldn't come over. Dee frowned, his mouth a thin line, and irritably punched the phone buttons again.
This week's messages. Finally.
Dammit. What did he have to do? Why couldn't Ryo just let him know one way or the other. He couldn't take all these games anymore. He just wanted to be close to Ryo and more than that he wanted Ryo to want him to be close. He sighed and slumped down against the desk as he stared at the clock again.
“Hey Dee…”
He sat up suddenly as Ryo's soft voice played in his ear.
“I don't know why I'm leaving you this message, you never check your voicemail…”
He chuckled quietly; Ryo knew him too well.
“But anyway, I won't be in for the next couple of days. I'm taking some…personal time. I'll see you. Bye.”
Dee frowned. Personal time? For what? He fumbled with the phone and the message replayed. Was it just his imagination or did Ryo sound a little sad? He tapped the buttons again as the message ended.
“Message deleted.”
“What?” Dee roared into the phone. “You piece of shit!”
 
Dee strolled down the long hallway that led to Ryo's apartment, his face touched with light concentration. He had tried calling, but Ryo hadn't answered, so Dee had stuck out his shift and somehow managed to resist the urge to drop everything and rush over. Okay, okay, so maybe he had skipped out on the last couple of hours, but who would know? He'd make it up eventually.
He paused outside of Ryo's door and ran a hand through his hair before he knocked. There was a long pause and then some quiet shuffling before the door opened and Ryo looked out with his usual smile plastered into place.
“Oh, Dee. Hi.”
“Hey,” Dee said cheerfully. “How are you doing?”
“Fine,” Ryo answered carefully.
They stood for an uncomfortable moment and Dee frowned.
“You going to invite me in or make me stand here all night?”
He easily stepped past Ryo and blinked quickly as he stepped into the apartment. Ryo's place was usually full of light and warmth, a place that was almost like home for Dee, so much so that he avoided his apartment like the plague in order to spend more time at Ryo's. But not tonight. Now the place was dark and almost murky and had all the welcoming atmosphere of an arctic cave. He wandered into the living room and stared with open shock at the liquor bottles that covered the coffee table. The scent of alcohol hung heavily in the air and Dee turned to watch Ryo.
His partner was moving with careful steps, his eyes distant and unfocused as he dropped gracelessly onto the couch. Dee's eyes slid back to the bottles and he frowned as he hesitantly sat down next to Ryo. Good God, even if half the bottles had already been opened the brown haired man had already definitely had a lot.
Dee picked up one of the glasses and sniffed it. It smelled like vodka. Well that suited him fine. He picked up the bottle and glanced at Ryo.
“You got any ice?”
Ryo stared at him dumbly for a moment and Dee was sure that he was about to be kicked out. Instead Ryo pulled himself back to his feet and disappeared into the kitchen. He rattled around for a couple of minutes and then returned. He set the ice down and Dee dropped a couple of chunks into his glass. Leave it to Ryo to have an actual ice bucket, the man had practically every kitchen utensil known to man. Ryo sat down again and stared blankly at the table.
Ryo reached out and picked up a glass, his hand firm and steady as he filled it. Dee pushed the ice towards him but Ryo just shook his head. He lifted the glass and swallowed the smooth liquid with practiced ease, his face never betraying any kind of emotion as he set the glass down and began to search through the bottles again. Dee felt a weird astonishment ripple through him. He had always had Ryo pegged as a lightweight, a man that would probably pass out at the sight of anything stronger than a properly chilled wine. Well his partner was certainly proving him wrong on that note.
“So,” Dee said slowly as he took a slow sip from his glass. “Where's Bikky?”
“My aunt's,” Ryo answered flatly.
“I see. Good.”
Silence stretched out again broken only the soft clunking as Ryo picked up and set down the different bottles. He finally picked up some schnapps and filled his glass again. Dee held out the ice, but Ryo just shook his head again.
“So what's going on Ryo?” Dee asked finally.
“Nothing.”
“You're a horrible liar.”
“So leave.”
Dee was used to their little verbal sparring matches, they had been playing these games from day one, but Ryo had never been so blunt or cold. He blinked and stared at Ryo in surprise. Ryo didn't even look at him as he lifted the glass and downed the liquor.
Dammit, why had Dee come? Ryo closed his eyes and slumped further into the couch. He had forgotten. How could he have forgotten his own mother's birthday? He rubbed a hand over his eyes and then began to pick through the liquor again as he searched for something to numb his mind completely. He had gotten so wrapped up in his own life, so worried about Bikky and work and Dee that he hadn't even thought about his parents since they had found Leo. He had looked up last night and realized that her special day had come and gone and he hadn't thought about her once.
He had called Elena immediately, pulling on his pleasant happy mask as he spoke to her and then convinced Bikky that a little vacation was in order. The mask had felt a little worn by the time he called the chief, but he had enough vacation built up that he had been able to get his time off. His mask was cracking by the time he called Dee, and apparently some of his pain had managed to seep through, so here his partner was.
He sighed and filled his glass again. Ryo started to lift it and Dee slid his hand over, carefully pushing the liquor back to the table.
“What's wrong?” Dee asked softly.
“There's a hand over my scotch,” Ryo answered.
“Ryo…”
“It's nothing,” Ryo said flatly.
“So, what? You decided to take some time off because you felt like throwing back a few? That's not like you Ryo. Something's wrong and I know you're not stupid enough to believe that there's an answer for you in the bottom of a bottle.”
“Not an answer,” Ryo said tiredly as he pulled his glass free from Dee's hand. “Just a temporary solution.”
“Dammit Ryo.”
“What?” Ryo snapped. “What do you want Dee?”
Dee froze as Ryo's eyes grated over him. Ryo looked angry but beneath all of that strange rage was something else. He was in pain, Dee could see it writhing in Ryo's beautiful eyes and he just wanted to comfort him.
“I was worried,” he said softly and brushed back Ryo's hair. “I'm still worried.”
“I'm fine,” Ryo said and jerked his head away. “So you can leave anytime.”
“I'm not going anywhere,” Dee said quietly.
Ryo's eyes closed again and his hand tightened on his glass. Why couldn't Dee just leave him alone and let him be miserable for a while? He just wanted to be alone, couldn't Dee understand that? He didn't want to feel anything right now, not the strange conflicting emotions that raced through him whenever Dee was around, not the fluttering joy that rippled across him when they touched. He didn't want to feel wanted or loved right now, he didn't want to feel anything. Fine. If Dee wasn't going to leave on his own, Ryo would make him leave. He would just have to shove everything aside and ignore what it would do to his heart.
“I'm not going to fuck you.”
The words hung heavily in the air and Ryo felt his chest spike with coldness. A long moment passed before Dee set his glass down, his voice calm and still when he spoke again.
“I'm not expecting you to.”
“Then why are you here?”
“That's not fair Ryo.”
Ryo's eyes opened and he stared at the table, his gaze set and empty. Dee reached out and gently brushed Ryo's hair back again, his fingertips light and warm.
“It's okay,” he murmured softly. “I'm here Ryo.”
“Just leave me alone,” Ryo said angrily as he pulled away and stood up. “Jesus, just get out of here already! Can't you understand? I don't want you here! I don't want to care about you anymore! Can you just let me stop caring about you? I don't want to--”
His voice cut off and he pressed a hand over his eyes as he slumped down to the floor, a few tears running down his face. He had almost said it, had almost admitted something that he just couldn't admit yet. He rubbed at his eyes and rested his head against his knees.
“Just get out,” he said, his voice still angry. “Go.”
His eyes closed again as he listened to Dee stand up, his footsteps soft and slow. He waited for the sound of the door, ready for Dee to walk out and leave him forever. Well, that's what he had asked for, and knowing Dee he'd get just that. Suddenly a pair of warm arms wrapped around him and held him close.
“Shh,” Dee murmured as he gently rocked Ryo and kissed his hair. “It's alright. It's okay. I've got you. I'm not going.”
The tears continued to slide down Ryo's face as Dee breathed soft comforting words over him. Everything about Dee was so warm and comforting tonight and Ryo soon found himself leaning into Dee's hold, his fingers tangling in Dee's shirt.
“It's okay,” Dee whispered again. “I've got you.”
He hugged Ryo close and then pulled back a little, gently lifting Ryo's chin so dark sorrow filled eyes met his. He wiped away the tears with a small smile.
“Come on,” he said quietly. “You need some sleep.”
He pulled Ryo to his feet and led him into the bedroom, Ryo's wrist clutched in one hand. Ryo's eyes scraped across the bed and he closed them again tiredly. His parents' bed. Dee released him and gently caressed Ryo's cheek again with a small smile. Dee tugged his shirt off and then climbed into the bed, pulling Ryo down after him. He held Ryo close, his chest pressing warming through Ryo's thin shirt. Ryo closed his eyes and waited.
It would be alright. If Dee wanted to, he could do it. That would be it, an end to all of this. He could stop caring about Dee if it happened. That would be alright. He distantly wondered if it would hurt. Dee's hand caressed down his side and Ryo shivered.
“Shh,” Dee murmured as his arm draped around Ryo and clutched him close. “Just this. I'm just going to hold you. I'm not going anywhere Ryo, ever. I love you.”
Ryo's eyes slid closed and Dee nuzzled against his hair.
“I love you,” Dee whispered again. “I love you.”
Ryo slid into a deep peaceful sleep, Dee's arms wrapped securely around him as he drifted off. The words calmed his heart and filled him with peace as Dee continued to murmur over him.
“I love you.”
 
Ryo awoke slowly, almost reluctantly. The sunlight was warm and painted itself across him as he lay in the bed. He had slept so well, and so late too. It was nice sleeping with Dee like this and he wouldn't mind if they stayed like that forever. His mind stumbled at that thought and Ryo blushed. He was suddenly very aware of how Dee was wrapped around him and Ryo couldn't help the nervousness that raced through him. He started to roll away but Dee's arm tightened and held him still. Ryo bit his lip and tensed.
“Dee?”
“Hmm?”
“Are you awake?”
“Yes.”
“Er, so am I.”
A long moment passed and Dee's arm actually tightened.
“I don't feel like getting up yet.”
Ryo's eyes widened. How was he supposed to respond to that? He shifted again but Dee didn't let him go.
“Hey, Ryo,” Dee's breath was puffing warmly against his hair. “Where did you grow up?”
“What?”
“Where did you grow up?”
“Why do you want to know about that?”
“Come on, just tell me.”
“Well…”
 
Dee chuckled and Ryo enjoyed the way the vibrations rippled up across his back. Ryo glanced at the clock and smiled as he shook his head. Almost eleven o'clock. He couldn't remember the last time he had stayed in bed this long, but with Dee it just felt right. He shifted a little and Dee's hold loosened enough for him to roll onto his back. They were quiet and then Ryo smiled at Dee, his hand gentle as he carefully brushed back the dark hair.
“Thank you Dee,” he said quietly. “For everything.”
Dee stared at him and then leaned forward, his lips hovering just over Ryo's. He waited, his gaze hot and questioning and Ryo closed his eyes in silent permission. Dee's mouth pressed warmly over his, his tongue tracing lightly against Ryo's lips before delicately sliding inside. The kiss sent shivers running through Dee's body and he carefully slid on top of Ryo, his hands caressing down the brown haired man's smooth sides and then up to the buttons running down the rumpled dress shirt. His eyes closed as he brushed a hand down Ryo's chest.
You need to stop.
Dee deepened the kiss, his fingers deftly sliding Ryo's shirt open and darting inside. He caressed over the smooth skin and felt the quivering tension running through Ryo. His lips traced down Ryo's jaw and began to gently nip and brush across Ryo's long neck.
Look at him, he doesn't want this.
Dee closed his eyes tighter and lapped at Ryo's neck, his tongue racing over the rapidly beating pulse. Every part of Ryo made him crazy, just being this close to him made Dee almost mad with desire. He carefully played his lips down Ryo's chest and brushed a tongue over one pert nipple.
He'll let you, for last night, he'll let you.
Dee sucked at the nipple until it was tense and hard and then slid to the other, his hands brushing up and down Ryo's sides.
He'll let you, but it's not because he wants to. It's not because he wants you.
Dee froze and his eyes slid reluctantly open and up to Ryo's face. A painful guilty dart slammed into his heart and he swallowed back a lump. Ryo's eyes were clenched shut, his mouth a thin line as he bit his lip, a dark blush running across his face. He looked terrified. Dee slid back up his body and chastely kissed his lips again, his hand brushing through Ryo's hair.
“I'm going to make some coffee,” he announced and climbed out of the bed.
Ryo's eyes slid open and he watched Dee leave the room, the door clicking shut behind him. Ryo hesitated and sat up, one hand rising to gently brush up his chest and across his lips. He was frozen for a moment longer and then turned to get up, his foot brushing over Dee's discarded shirt. He bent down and picked it up, his eyes resting heavily on it as he slowly brought it to his face and breathed in Dee's wonderful scent. His eyes closed again. What was happening to him? He held the shirt close. If Dee had asked, he would have said yes, and if Dee's hadn't asked…Ryo hugged the shirt again and his eyes shut tighter.
He wouldn't have said no.
 
Okay, so I actually got the idea for this after reading the fifth manga for like the five hundredth time. I decided to put them into another rough situation and let sexy Dee comfort sexy Ryo. It was fun for me. I love Ryo so much…God I'm a nerd.