Fake Fan Fiction ❯ FAKE in Love: Act VIII, A Shot of Something Good ❯ Revealing ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Warnings and Disclaimers: I'm not Sanami Matoh, I don't own FAKE and I have included some citrus in these stories. If you don't like yaoi, then don't read this. BWAHAHAHAHAAAA!
 
SET JUST AFTER THE SEVENTH MANGA.
 
Ryo stared at the phone, one hand reaching out reluctantly and then dropping back to his side. He needed to do this, it had to be done, but still…
He rubbed his hand across his face and slumped down in his seat. Was this really something he could, no should, do over the phone? Shouldn't he be there? His eyes closed and his hand rested on the phone. No, he couldn't take it if something went wrong, he couldn't be there for that. He dialed as slow as he could.
The ringing was loud in his ear and he felt a thick dread running through him.
“Hello?”
“Hi, Aunt Elena, it's me, Ryo.”
“Ryo! How are you? We haven't heard from you in so long. How are you doing?”
“I'm fine,” he said. “I just thought I should give you a call.”
“Well I'm glad to hear from you. What's new? How've you been?”
His eyes closed and he rested his forehead against the table. How was he supposed to do this? Oh I'm fine Aunt Elena, just fine. By the way, I'm in love with my partner. So how's Uncle Rick? He shook his head. God, why was this so hard.
“Ryo? Ryo, are you there?”
“Hmm? Oh, sorry Aunt Elena, I was just…thinking.”
“Are you okay Ryo?”
He could feel the worry in her voice and he forced himself to smile.
“I'm fine.”
“I…I heard about your parents. You did just what you promised, their names have been cleared.”
“Yes,” he said weakly.
“I'm sorry we couldn't be there with you.”
I love him. Why can't I tell her?
“Ryo?”
“Sorry,” he said and laughed as a couple of tears suddenly escaped his eyes. “Sorry.”
“Ryo, what is it?”
Ryo blinked and clung to the phone, his eyes closing tightly again. What was he supposed to do? What if she hated him? He couldn't take that. He gritted his teeth. But he loved Dee, and he didn't want to hide that. He wanted her to know, this was the happiest he had ever been in his life and…what? Did he want her to share in that? Yes, he did, he didn't care that that was selfish, he wanted his family to be happy for him.
“Aunt Elena,” he said softly. “I'm in love.”
“What?!” she squealed in his ear. “Ryo, when did this happen?”
“It's been happening for a long time now,” he said, a gentle smile touching his lips.
“Well no wonder you sound so strange,” she said with a laugh. “What's her name?”
This was it. Now or never.
“His name is Dee.”
A long moment of silence stretched out and Ryo's eyes closed again as he waited.
“Dee? As in your partner Dee?”
“Yes.”
More silence.
“And you love him?”
“Yes.”
Silence.
“Does he…does he love you?”
“Yes,” Ryo said and he felt his chest tighten with fear. “He's…he's in love with me.”
The silence was so thick Ryo could feel it choking him. This was a mistake, he shouldn't have done this. He felt fresh tears gathering in his eyes. At least this was it, the rest of his family wouldn't care one way or the other. That thought brought him no comfort as he continued to cling to the table.
“Are you happy now?”
“What?”
“Are you happy now?” she repeated, accenting each word.
Ryo paused and then smiled again, the tears still running down his face.
“Yes,” he said finally. “The happiest I've ever been.”
“Then we're happy for you.”
Ryo blinked in surprise and he felt his hand shake.
“Ryo, you never need to be afraid about telling us anything. If you love him, if you're happy, that's all that matters to us.”
A relieved laugh escaped Ryo and he wiped the tears away. He should have known. Of course she'd support him, of course they'd still love him.
“Thank you Aunt Elena.”
“We love you Ryo,” she said and then paused for a moment, her voice tainted with a smile when she spoke again. “So is he a good kisser?”
“Aunt Elena!”
 
Ryo smiled at the phone as he hung up, his sadness long faded and a peaceful warmth running through him. He had promised to try and bring Dee to Easter and had sworn to give Bikky a hug for her. He chuckled and brushed a hand through his hair. A weight that he hadn't even known he had been carrying was suddenly gone.
The front door clicked open and Dee strolled in, a smile on his face as he spotted Ryo.
“You ready to go?”
Ryo smiled at him and stood up, his arms fitting perfectly around Dee as he pulled him into a deep kiss. Dee blinked in surprise but leaned into Ryo's hold, his body hungrily responding to Ryo's touch. God Ryo felt so good.
“I love you,” Ryo murmured.
“I love you too.”
 
Not much to say on this one. It is what it is…