Fake Fan Fiction ❯ FAKE in Love: Act XI, New Faces and New Developments ❯ Chapter 2

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Warnings and Disclaimers: Cha, cha, cha, not Sanami Matoh, cha, cha, cha, not making any money, cha, cha, cha, lots of yaoi here…
Set after the last FAKE in Love Act. I really hope you can figure that out without me telling you every time. Tee hee.
 
Ryo sat on the couch, the dark glasses in place as he read his book, Dee seated on the floor next to him. The dark haired man was playing X-Box, his fingers effortlessly flying over the controls. Despite his successes, he looked bored. At last Dee sighed and tossed the controller down.
“Something wrong?” Ryo asked, his eyes flickering to Dee for an instant.
“It's not the same without the brat,” Dee grumbled and then scowled at Ryo. “If you tell anyone I said that I'll rip your arm off and beat you with it.”
Ryo chuckled and continued to read. Dee stared at the flickering screen for an instant and then began to trace his fingers over Ryo's foot. Ryo frowned and flicked his leg, shaking off Dee's fingers. Dee grinned and began to play across the smooth skin again. Ryo's frown deepened and he shot Dee an annoyed glare as he shook his foot again.
“Stop it.”
Dee waited until Ryo's eyes slid back to his book and then the dark haired man stroked his hand across Ryo's foot. Ryo glared at Dee as he planted his foot on his partner's shoulder and shoved him back.
“I said, stop it.”
Dee grabbed Ryo's ankle and held it, playfully brushing his fingers across the bottom of Ryo's foot.
“I swear you're like a little kid,” Ryo said exasperatedly. “You can't stand it when I'm not paying attention to you.”
Dee chuckled and snaked his hand up the leg of Ryo's pants, tickling across the back of his knee.
“You're incorrigible!” Ryo yelled as he smacked Dee's hand with his book and pulled off his glasses.
“Sorry!” Dee grinned. “Little kids can't understand such big words.”
His hand tightened on the back of Ryo's leg and Dee leaned forward and pressed his lips to Ryo's knee, a blast of hot air puffing out. The book dropped out of Ryo's hands and they slid to Dee's shoulders, pushing him back as Dee hung determinedly on. Dee's other hand slid up Ryo's leg and rested at the small of his back, digging into the shirt and distracting Ryo for a split second. In that instant Dee pulled his lips free and slid up Ryo's thigh. Ryo gasped in surprise as Dee's breath now puffed over an infinitely more sensitive part of his body.
“Dee,” he moaned.
“Mmm, Sexy,” Dee said, his lips still scratching across Ryo's pants, his breath hot and inviting. “What should we do with the rest of our afternoon?”
Ryo's hands tightened at Dee's shoulders and his eyes slid half-closed. Damn that felt good. Of course they both knew what they should be doing. They should be looking for a new car; Dee's car was falling apart at a rate that it wasn't really all that cost effective to keep it on the road anymore. Or they should be going over some bills. Or they should be cleaning up the apartment. Ryo moaned.
He knew what they would be doing instead.
The quiet clicking of his zipper was surprisingly loud in the empty apartment. Ryo's eyes clenched shut and his fingers dug into Dee's shoulders.
“Dee Laytner you are not going to strip me in the middle of the living room in the middle of the day,” he said sternly.
Dee froze, a disappointed frown darting across his face. Ryo leaned down and lightly kissed him.
“We'll have to go into the bedroom,” he said simply.
Dee grinned and Ryo sprang away.
“You tease!” Dee yelled and darted after him.
Ryo shirt hit him in the face. Dee laughed and tossed it aside.
“I like where this is going!”
They bounced onto the bed, their lips pressed together as Dee's hands raced up and down Ryo's back. Ryo slid his thigh between Dee's legs and rubbed firmly against him. Dee's head arched back and he sighed loudly as Ryo began to trace kisses down his neck.
“Sexy little Ryo,” Dee whispered and Ryo licked across his pulse. “I love you.”
“I love you too,” Ryo answered and tugged Dee's shirt off. “More than anything.”
They tangled together, holding tightly onto each other as their lips found each other again. Dee's tongue slid into Ryo's mouth with practiced ease and searched through him as Ryo hungrily pressed his tongue over Dee's. Dee swirled his fingers over Ryo's nipples and Ryo moaned and thrust his leg forward. Dee's eyes fluttered shut and he leaned closer against Ryo.
It wasn't that Dee was used to the interruptions, it was more that part of him always expected them. So, when the doorbell rang he wasn't too surprised. An irritated growl escaped him and Ryo sighed heavily. Looks like they might end up doing what they were supposed to after all.
“Whoever that is, I'm going to make them regret showing up here,” Dee hissed darkly.
“Well I hope it's someone who knows you so they won't take it too personally,” Ryo said as he propped himself up on one elbow.
Dee shot him an annoyed glance and pulled his shirt back on.
“Stay here.”
Ryo chuckled and gave Dee a quick wink.
“Anything you say.”
Dee's mouth twitched and he couldn't hold back his grin.
“I'm going to hold you to that.”
Dee straightened his shirt and his hair as he walked to the door and peered through the peek hole. His scowl returned and he leaned against the door. It fucking figured. The doorbell rang again and Dee's face darkened. Maybe if they pretended they weren't home…
“Who is it?” Ryo asked as he came out of the bedroom, his fingers quickly buttoning his shirt closed.
“Er,” Dee grinned at him. “Salesman?”
“What?” Ryo said with a frown and pushed Dee aside.
He peeked through the hole and gave Dee an annoyed frown before he opened the door. Berkeley Rose sighed as he stepped inside.
“How long did you plan on keeping me waiting?” he asked flatly.
“Why are you here?” Dee moaned. “We're not on the clock!”
“We've got a lead on Vones,” Rose answered and pulled a tape recorder out of his pocket. “I thought you'd like to know.”
Dee slumped. Of course they'd want to know, but dammit…He snuck a glance at Ryo and watched sadly as the wanton lust disappeared from his gaze and the professional detective took charge. They might as well listen to the tape now. He chuckled quietly as they sat down at the table; like he wasn't dying of curiosity to find out what Rose had.
Rose glanced at him but Dee just shrugged in answer.
“Our informant was…shot, at the end of this conversation. Our tech guys say that they can confirm that it's Vones' voice on the tape.”
The Commissioner pressed play and the scratchy voices rolled through the apartment.
“It worked fine, we've got the cops chasing in circles now. So long as we can keep this up, the last few obstacles will disappear.”
“Exactly what obstacles are left?”
“That's not your concern. One of them will be taken care of tonight.”
“What?”
“You certainly ask a lot of questions. But then again, what else could you expect from someone working for the cops?”
There was a loud bang, the sound deafening as Ryo sucked in a fast hiss of breath. Rose clicked the tape player off. Dee leaned back in his chair and took a deep breath.
“What obstacles are there?” Dee asked lowly.
“That's what we're trying to figure out,” Rose answered. “The whole precinct's on it.”
He paused and glanced between them.
“Well, almost the whole precinct.”
Dee sighed heavily.
“Give us time to change.”
 
“Any ideas?” Dee asked as he glanced around the circle of faces.
Ted grunted, Drake shrugged, JJ shook his head, and Ryo picked up another file. Dee sighed and slumped back in his chair.
“Yeah, me neither.”
“I've already read this one,” Ryo said as he pinched the bridge of his nose and held the file out. “Here.”
JJ took it with his free hand, the other still hanging in a soft sling. Ted sighed and glanced at the clock.
“I'll bet Marty's opening up another can of beer right now.”
The other detectives looked up and a collective sigh escaped them. Marty, Ted's partner and most senior member of the Criminal Investigations Unit, had retired earlier that month to much fanfare and rejoicing. He was happily collecting his pension and lounging in the warmth of his family now, probably relaxing without a care in the world. Dee slumped and rested his head in his hand.
“When are we supposed to get our new guy anyway?”
“With our budget?” Drake asked and sipped his coffee. “Who knows?”
“God I hope it's soon,” Ted moaned. “I hate having to be the precinct bitch all the time.”
“Like you weren't before,” Dee muttered.
“Children, can we focus?” Ryo asked.
“Yeah fine,” Drake said. “Let's focus on dinner. We're getting nowhere and I'm starving.”
“Pizza,” Ted said.
“Chinese,” Dee said.
“Chinese!” JJ echoed.
“Chinese,” Drake agreed.
“Shit,” Ted grumbled. “I'll make the call. What does everyone want?”
“The usual,” Drake and Dee grumbled at the same time.
Ryo chuckled and shrugged. “Whatever.”
“Nothing for me,” JJ said chipperly. “I brought dinner.”
“If you brought dinner then why the hell did you vote?” Ted snapped.
“I wanted Dee-senpai to win,” JJ purred.
Ted scowled and headed off to place their order. Dee stretched and lit a cigarette.
“What the hell is Vones planning?” he grumbled. “You'd think that we'd have some kind of hint here.”
“We probably do, but we're missing it,” Drake answered. “Did the Commissioner give you guys any more information?”
“Just played the tape for us, the bastard,” Dee said irritably.
“Really?” JJ said with a frown. “I'd have thought that he would have told you a little more than he told us.”
“Why would he?” Dee said boredly.
“He always does,” JJ said as he waved one hand through the air. “You're his favorites.”
“No,” Dee said flatly. “Ryo is his favorite, I just get drug into everything.”
Ryo blushed and they all ducked back into their paperwork as his eyes flashed fire over them. Ted sat back down and locked his hands behind his head.
“Ten minutes,” he said. “Don't forget to walk downstairs and pick it up.”
“That's your job,” Drake told him.
“No way, I ordered. One of you can haul your sorry ass down there to get the food.”
Dee chuckled and held his fist out. Ryo rolled his eyes, but they bounced their hands through the air. Ted cursed loudly.
“How did you do that? You planned that, you bastards!”
“It's not our fault you always pick paper,” Ryo said flatly.
“I do not always pick paper!” Ted yelled.
“Get moving,” Dee snapped. “And don't eat anything on your way back up.”
Ted flipped him off and started down the stairs. JJ strolled to his office and Drake boredly drummed his pencil on the desk. A loud wail suddenly filled the room and JJ barreled back to them.
“I forgot my dinner!” he sobbed and flung himself at Dee.
“Get off of me!” Dee bellowed.
JJ pouted and slumped down in his seat. He gave them all his most pathetic look and Ryo sighed.
“You can share mine JJ,” he said.
“Thank you Ryo,” JJ said and glared at Dee and Drake. “At least someone cares if I starve.”
“Excuse me,” a low voice asked the young officer monitoring the floor's reception desk. “Is Jemmy Adams here?”
JJ perked up and sprang to his feet.
“I'm over here!”
A tall man strode towards them, wire rimmed glasses resting firmly on his face. His dark brown hair was carefully combed and held in place, his suit impeccable and perfectly styled. His eyes were a pale grey-blue and he moved with a purposeful sense. All in all, he looked like an overly organized librarian.
“You forgot this,” he said as he held a paper bag out to JJ.
JJ grinned and took it. “Thanks.”
The man nodded and Dee all but swallowed his cigarette when the wooden man leaned forward and planted a quick kiss on JJ's forehead.
“I'll see you tonight,” he said and turned on his heel and left.
JJ beamed after him and then ripped open his bag. He hummed quietly as he began to unpack his food, the three other detectives staring at him. JJ looked up and grinned.
“What?”
“Who was that?” Ryo asked, his surprise still evident.
“Hmm?” JJ said, a faint blush darting across his face. “Oh, him.”
“That's Tim Darrow,” Drake said and picked up one of the files.
“Shut up Drake!” JJ snapped.
He glanced down at his meal and shook his head.
“I need some salt,” he said and strolled away.
Dee frowned and leaned against the table.
“Who's Tim Darrow?” he asked flatly.
Drake's eyebrow lifted and he shrugged.
“He works with Diana, some bureau suit. He and JJ met at our reception last year.”
“Come to think of it,” Ryo said. “I didn't see JJ at all during the party.”
“That's because he and Tim holed up in a corner and didn't talk to anyone else,” Drake said matter of factly. “When JJ got shot, he only spent about an hour at our place before Tim came to get him.”
Dee's frown shifted and he tapped the ash off the end of his cigarette.
“How serious is it?” Ryo asked.
“Can't be too serious,” Dee grumbled. “He still chased me all the way to England.”
“Are you kidding?” Drake said. “JJ was torn up about that. He was worried about you, but he didn't want Tim to take it the wrong way. Tim knew about JJ's weird relationship with you, and he told JJ to go and find out. JJ still didn't want to go, but Tim said that maybe he needed to know one way or the other. And JJ still wasn't going to go. Tim all but threw him on the plane, but he was miserable the whole time JJ was gone. He kept skulking around our apartment. For a quiet guy, he certainly makes his presence known.”
“No wonder he wanted to know if I hated him,” Dee said quietly.
“Yeah, well JJ really likes him. Probably why you've never heard of him, God knows that he won't stop talking about him with me. It's kind of weird,” Drake said, turning to Dee. “I always assumed that he'd just hook up with some clone of you, but Tim's practically your complete opposite. He's well-educated, mature, polite, reserved…”
“What exactly are you trying to say?” Dee growled.
Ryo smiled as Dee and Drake continued to bicker, his brain easily tuning them out. After living with Dee and Bikky, it was almost an instinct. Good for JJ, he thought and picked up a file. Ryo sighed and flipped through it. He frowned suddenly and picked up another folder. The frown deepened. Dee froze and stared at Ryo.
“What--” Ted started and Dee clamped a hand over his mouth.
“Wait for it,” Dee whispered.
“It's Makkel,” Ryo said softly.
“Makkel?” Drake asked.
“That doesn't make any sense Ryo,” Dee said skeptically.
“Only because we keep looking at their past together. Things now aren't quite so rosy. Look at this.”
He held out a folder and Dee frowned.
“What the hell? Vones sold off all of his shares in Makkel's companies? They're all showing record profits and Vones still sold everything.”
“That's not something you do to a friend,” Drake mumbled as he took the file and started flipping through it. “Shit, Vones is cutting every tie with the guy.”
“He's getting ready to make a move,” Ryo said. “Makkel's going to be the target.”
“We'll need the files on him,” Dee said.
“Food first,” Drake snapped.
The door opened and Ted returned, slamming their orders down on the table.
“I hate you all,” he grumbled.
“Just hurry up and eat,” Dee told him. “We think we've got it.”
 
“What's this meeting about?” Makkel asked flatly as he stared at Vones.
The two men had once been friends. They had worked together to move up through the underworld, doing everything necessary to gain power and wealth. Makkel had honestly believed that the friendship would survive anything, but he was beginning to have his doubts. Vones was making some strange moves without any explanations.
“I'm tying up some loose ends,” Vones said gently.
Makkel's eyes narrowed and he fidgeted with the bottom of his jacket.
“What the fuck is that supposed to mean?”
“I need to make a statement,” Vones said with a heavy sigh. “I want everyone to know that I don't take prisoners, that I'm willing to do anything to be on top. That position's been open for too long. Someone needs to fill it.”
“You?” Makkel said with a laugh.
“Yes,” Vones said simply. “Just need that final statement.”
“I'd think you made it when you blew Montez's brains all over the inside of your limo,” Makkel said wryly.
“Yes,” Vones chuckled. “Think of the buzz it'll make when I blow yours all over your warehouse floor.”
The gun blast was deafening.