Fake Fan Fiction ❯ FAKE in Love: Act XIII, Another Round ❯ The Drinking Party ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Warnings and Disclaimers: Nope, not Matoh, not making money, yaoi here.
 
SET DURING THE FIFTH MANGA: DEE, TED, AND DRAKE'S LITTLE DRINKING PARTY.
 
 
“Jesus Christ the place is more of a pit than I remembered,” Ted said as he and Drake stepped inside, Dee scowling irritably at them.
“Bite me dickhead,” Dee snapped. “Hand over that beer.”
Ted obediently gave him the beer and Dee stomped off into the kitchen, quickly throwing it in the fridge and returning with a six pack that had already been chilled. Drake and Ted were looking skeptically around Dee's living room and Dee shook his head tiredly.
“Don't ask,” he said finally.
The place was covered in files. The paperwork had been carefully laid out, stapled, organized and then re-filed. It was all neat and orderly and just waiting for Dee to get his ass in gear and haul it back to the station. That was all he had to do, and if he didn't get on it soon, his partner was going to kill him.
“Ryo,” Ted and Drake said in unison with a mutual grin.
Dee scowled again.
“Shut up,” he said. “You want something to drink or not?”
“Well where in the hell are we supposed to sit down?”
“Not out here,” Dee grumbled. “The anal retentive freak'll kill me if I mess up his filing system. Come on.”
“Hey,” Ted said as they followed Dee into his bedroom. “I hope this isn't some cheap trick to try and get into my pants Laytner, cause you're not my type.”
Dee snorted and tossed them each a beer as they sprawled around his marginally clean bedroom. Drake chuckled quietly as he sat down the floor and glanced around.
“So is this it for the drinking party tonight?”
“Yeah, I thought I'd keep it small,” Dee said with a shrug.
“No Ryo?” Drake asked pointedly.
“No,” Dee said. “I asked him, but he didn't want to come.”
“That's shocking,” Ted said.
Dee shot him an annoyed look and Ted shrugged.
“Well good God Dee,” Ted pointed out. “You've been trying to jump the guy for how long now? I wouldn't want to get drunk around you either.”
“See, there's an important difference between you and me Ted, my boy,” Dee said. “You're a sick pervert and I have morals.”
Drake roared with laughter and Dee continued.
“I'd never take advantage of Ryo when he was drunk.”
“But I'll bet you wouldn't complain too much if he took advantage of you,” Drake said.
“Probably not,” Dee said with a grin.
“Never going to happen,” Ted said as he pulled another beer free. “Sorry Dee, but you're just not his type.”
“We'll see,” Dee said defensively.
“He might have a point,” Drake said with a shrug. “Didn't you just call the guy an anal retentive freak?”
“I said it with love,” Dee growled. “Why the hell am I even discussing this with you guys? Like either of you have any kind of track record that lets you make fun of me.”
Ted sighed. “He's right.”
Drake raised his beer. “Here's to unrequited, unfound, and unbearable love.”
“Cheers,” Ted and Dee answered miserably.
“Who were you thinking about?” Dee asked Ted.
“Patricia,” Ted answered.
“That tiny little woman from the dance club on seventh?” Drake asked.
“Yup,” Ted said. “She was flexible.”
“That would be important to you,” Dee sighed and grabbed another beer.
“Damn right,” Ted said. “I'm too young to settle down anyway. We all are.”
Dee was glumly silent then and Drake laughed.
“You're making Dee feel bad,” he teased. “Come on, drink faster. I'm not even buzzed yet.”
“So chug it,” Ted said. “You're still on your first beer, come on man.”
“JJ can drink better than you,” Dee said.
“Oh it's on now,” Drake said as he slammed the beer and grabbed another.
“Shit,” Ted said. “Did you see that damn memo Rose sent around?”
“The one about vacation days?” Drake asked. “Fuck that, he can kiss my ass.”
“The guy's a dick,” Dee said flatly. “An arrogant, obnoxious, egotistical dick.”
Ted and Drake exchanged a knowing grin as Dee grabbed another beer.
Who are you describing?
Neither said it, but both could feel the other thinking it and barely contained a snort of laughter.
“You guys have missed some good cases,” Ted said as he leaned back. “Being at the 19th sucks, but they do have some good people. I was at this robbery the other day…”
“What's her badge number?” Dee asked.
Ted scowled. “Would you let me tell the damn story?”
“We all know where it's heading,” Drake said and grabbed another beer. “Just skip to the end and your description of her.”
“Wait,” Dee said. “What about Patricia?”
“Who?” Ted asked. “Oh yeah, her. Hey, that was unbearable love. The woman was a bitch.”
“But a flexible bitch,” Drake said solemnly.
They burst out laughing.
The night progressed that way, the beer flowing more than plentifully until they were sprawled on the floor, practically senseless as night pooled in the apartment around them.
“Hey Dee?” Drake slurred.
“What?” Dee asked, his voice just as pasty.
“I think Ted's passed out.”
“Ted?” Dee called and poked the other man with his foot. “You still alive?”
A muffled grunt was their only answer and Dee sighed.
“Yeah, I think he's down for the count.”
They were silent a moment longer and Drake sighed.
“Hey Dee?”
“What?” Dee answered and then frowned. “We just did this, right? I'm not imagining this, am I?”
“What?” Drake said with confusion.
“Never mind.”
Both tried to fumble through the hazy conversation and Drake frowned deeply.
“Dee?”
“Yeah?”
“I think Ryo's a good fit for you,” Drake said sleepily. “I just wanted to let you know that.”
“Thanks,” Dee answered. “I think so too. I love him, I mean, I really love him.”
“Good,” Drake said and sighed into drunken oblivion.
Dee stared up at the ceiling, the room beginning to spin a little around him. Oh he was going to pay for this tomorrow. He closed his eyes and forced his mind to focus on Ryo, everything calming and tensing at the same time. God he wanted Ryo.
His breathing evened out and his body relaxed.
God he loved Ryo.
 
Across town, Ryo sneezed in his sleep.
 
 
Yeah, I know. Hokey. But I couldn't help it. The whole sneezing gag always makes me laugh. You know, if people are talking about me every time I sneeze, I must be one popular girl. Nice.