Fake Fan Fiction ❯ FAKE in Love: Act XIII, Another Round ❯ Day at the Beach ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Warnings and Disclaimers: Not Sanami Matoh. Not making any money. Yaoi goodness.
 
SET AFTER THE FIFTH MANGA.
 
“Hey…Hey…”
Dee nudged his foot against his partner, the crash of the ocean loud next to them and Ryo moaned, batting Dee's foot away. They were sprawled on the beach, the sun's hot rays pounding down on them as at least half a million other people tried to crowd onto the sand around them. Ryo was laying on his stomach, his eyes hidden behind dark sunglasses and Dee had the distinct impression that his partner had fallen asleep.
“Hey, sunscreen or not, you lay around like that for too long and you're going to burn,” Dee said, prodding Ryo again from the shade of the large umbrella that Carol had insisted they bring.
Bikky and Carol were running at the edge of the ocean now, Bikky vowing revenge after Carol had tripped him and sent him sputtering into the sea. Now she was squealing with delight and deftly remaining just out of reach. Dee glanced up at them, a small smile on his face; Bikky had it bad for the girl, the monkey boy wasn't even trying that hard to catch her. It must be exhausting to be that in love and not be able to do anything about it. Dee scowled and his eyes slid back to the pale body spread at his feet.
A light sheen of sweat glistened across Ryo's skin, Dee's eyes locking on one slow bead that rolled down Ryo's spine and rested in the dip of his lower back. God, Ryo was just begging for a pounce, laying all spread out and defenseless like that, just a flimsy pair of swim trunks between Dee and…
Dee sighed and shook his head violently. Nope, not going to do it. Ryo had invited him along for this after all, of his own free will, without Dee having to drop hints or simply invite himself. A long weekend at the beach, the kids were with, but it was a chance to spend time with Ryo outside of work, away from the constant buzz of the city, far from the hideous distractions that had been keeping him from Ryo for too long. They'd been partners for a while now, but besides a few kisses and some light groping Dee still hadn't really gotten anywhere. Sure, he could tackle Ryo and often did, but damn if the man didn't have the most amazing ability to either slip out of his hold or make Dee release him with barely a glance. Dee's eyes drifted down the curve of Ryo's body and he sighed again. He didn't want to let Ryo go.
“Hey,” he said again and poked Ryo with his foot. “Did you hear me?”
“What?” Ryo mumbled sleepily.
Dee rolled his eyes and shook his head. “Get out of the sun or you're going to burn.”
“Huh? Oh, right,” Ryo said as he sat up, yawning as he stretched.
He stood up and slid his towel up the beach, spreading it next to Dee's and sitting down in the small circle of shade. Ryo yawned again and then lay back down, this time staring up at the line of the umbrella against the pale sky that drifted over them.
“You seem pretty relaxed,” Dee said as he pulled a bottle of water from the cooler next to him.
“I'm on vacation,” Ryo told him around another yawn.
“I meant around me.”
Ryo tensed and blushed slightly. Dee chuckled and leaned over him, a small smirk in place as he stared down at Ryo.
“Who knows what I could do to you. After all, you're all sweaty and defenseless and I happen to know that you left your gun at home.”
The blush darkened and Ryo's eyes flickered with nervousness that was quickly masked by annoyance.
“We're on a public beach Dee, quit messing around.”
“So it would be okay in private?” Dee asked coyly and leaned closer.
Ryo pressed himself back into the ungiving sand and suddenly noticed the heat that radiated from Dee's body. He could feel it sliding over him and he longed to pull his eyes away from Dee's, but he just couldn't.
“I didn't…I didn't say that,” Ryo managed, Dee actually closing more of the distance between them.
“Didn't say what?” Dee breathed.
Ryo felt his heart pound and his eyes slid up as he saw movement behind Dee. Ryo's eyes widened and he rolled sharply away, a startled cry escaping him as a bucket of water splashed over Dee. Dee roared with anger and spun around, Ryo darting to the back of his mind as he spotted the short legged ape glaring down at him.
“Dammit you monkey boy, start running!” Dee bellowed and sprang to his feet.
“You deserved it!” Bikky yelled back as he raced down the beach, Dee close on his heels. “Stop pawing all over Ryo!”
Ryo sighed and shook off the sand that Dee and Bikky had managed to kick onto the now damp towels. Carol giggled and sat down next to Ryo, both watching as Dee and Bikky raced back and forth across the beach.
“Thanks for bringing me Ryo,” Carol said. “I'm glad I get to spend time with you guys.”
“It's nothing Carol,” Ryo answered. “We love having you.”
They were silent for a moment and Ryo chuckled as Bikky scooped up another bucket of water and flung it at Dee.
“You know,” Carol said, as if the thought had just occurred to her. “He's really a good guy.”
“Huh?”
“Dee,” Carol said and smiled happily at Ryo. “He's a good catch. Don't you think?”
Ryo wasn't sure why that comment made him blush but he cursed himself for it and wished for probably the millionth time that he would stop doing that. They were silent again and both watched Dee and Bikky race across the beach. Finally Dee tackled Bikky and then hoisted him up, his arms wrapped around Bikky's waist as he stormed towards the water. Strangled cries reached Carol and Ryo and Ryo shook his head as Dee pressed through the waves and then tossed Bikky into the water.
“TAKE THAT!” Dee yelled.
“I'll get you for this!” Bikky answered as he sputtered and rose back above the water. “Just you wait!”
Dee grinned as he walked back towards the blankets Carol clapping slightly as he shook off the rest of the water and sat down.
“Why do I get the feeling that the rest of the weekend is going to be filled with the two of you trying to one up one another?” Ryo said tiredly.
“We all relax in different ways,” Dee said with a grin.
Bikky dumped another bucket of water on him.
 
He should probably stop staring.
Dee had no idea how he had gotten this lucky, but he sure as hell wasn't going to blow this. Ryo was sitting on the balcony, the pale moonlight glinting over his equally pale skin, his eyes staring lazily out over the ocean. Dee had been out for a late night stroll (smoke) and had happened upon this wonderful sight as he was walking back to their small hotel. He had no idea how someone could be so perfect. Sometimes he wondered what Ryo looked like to people who didn't love him, what annoying flaws and horrible disfiguring scars they saw in him, because for the life of him Dee couldn't find a one. Ryo stretched, the thin pajama pants he wore shifting loosely as he moved with almost catlike grace. Alright, enough was enough, this situation demanded action.
Ryo ran a hand through his hair as the breeze from the ocean picked up and brushed it across his face. He sighed and stared up at the star speckled sky. He shouldn't have slept so much at the beach today, now he just couldn't seem to make himself go to sleep.
“Hey!”
Ryo jumped a little at the soft yell and then suddenly Dee was climbing up over the balcony railing.
“Dee! Holy shit, you scared the crap out of me!”
“Sorry,” Dee chuckled. “What's up?”
Ryo glanced over the railing. “Damn Dee, you could have fallen and broken your neck.”
“Nah,” Dee answered dismissively. “It's only two stories.”
Ryo slumped a little. So that's where Bikky got it from. Dee sat down next to Ryo and his eyes slid up to the glittering sky.
“Wow,” Dee said appreciatively.
Ryo smiled and nodded, a warm comfortableness spreading through him. He liked spending time with Dee, he always felt safe with his partner around, despite the many pounces that he'd had to endure. Dee's arm slid cautiously around his shoulders and Ryo pretended not to notice. It would be alright, for tonight, he supposed.
Dee hesitantly leaned his head against Ryo's, and closed his eyes with a soft smile when Ryo didn't pull away. It felt so nice to be this close to Ryo, it made everything in him sigh with pleasure. His hand slid up from Ryo's shoulder and gently brushed through his hair, enjoying the soft silky feel of the strands as they slid through his fingers.
It felt really good, being this close to Dee. Ryo leaned a little closer into Dee and sighed softly. The hand playing this his hair slid down and pressed against his waist, just resting there, one thumb gently brushing across his skin. The soft sound of the nearby ocean filled the air and Ryo felt his eyelids becoming heavy.
“Ryo?” Dee breathed.
“Hmm?” Ryo answered distantly.
“Can I kiss you now?”
Ryo sat bolt upright. He was wide awake again.
The hand at his waist remained and Ryo was suddenly aware of his situation. Here he was, on his balcony, in his pajama pants, nestling up into the arms of the man who spent half his time trying to figure out how to climb into Ryo's bed and the other half of his time actually sleeping there.
“Uh…”
Dee chuckled quietly, his free hand rising to gently press at Ryo's chin and turn him to face Dee.
“You can say no,” Dee said softly. “If that's what you want, or if it's easier than saying yes. I'll understand.”
Ryo felt it again, that strange spark that he had seen in Dee's eyes more often lately. It made him shiver a little, but he didn't look away, not yet. He blinked slowly, a warm heat passing from his chest and out through every inch of his body. Did he want to say no? He could imagine the soft pressure of Dee's lips, his warm tongue brushing over Ryo before sliding into his mouth and searching through him, the kiss filling him so completely that he couldn't think of anything but Dee, wonderful Dee, delicious beautiful Dee.
Dee stared down into Ryo's eyes, waiting, a part of him cursing him for this. Why had he asked? It would have been so easy to simply lean down and steal a kiss, to just pounce on his partner like he always did and just kiss him. Ryo would jump with a little surprise, a soft protest escaping him that Dee would quickly silence with another brush from his tongue. Then Ryo's eyes would close so lightly and he would lean into Dee's touch, his fingers fisting into Dee's shirt as he clung to Dee through a long slow kiss. It would have been so simple, almost too simple. Ryo had been leaving himself open to attacks like that a lot lately, and it did confuse Dee a little. Did Ryo actually want to be kissed or had he just given up? Did Ryo like his kisses or had he lost the will to fight him off anymore? Dee wanted to know. Dee needed to know.
Ryo murmured suddenly and Dee wrenched sharply back to the present.
“What?” he asked, his heartbeat pounding in his ears.
“Yes,” Ryo repeated in a small voice.
For a long instant Dee couldn't do anything but stare at Ryo. Then, slowly, gently, he lifted Ryo's lips to meet his, and brushed his tongue over Ryo's lips. They parted, willingly allowing Dee to slide forward and revel in Ryo's wonderful taste, this kiss so sweet and charged. The hand at Ryo's waist slid up over his back, pulling him closer as Dee's other hand slid down from Ryo's chin and locked him in a tight embrace. God he loved this man. He deepened the kiss, hungrily exploring through Ryo, pressing and touching as his hands began to slide up and down Ryo's back, the soft skin sending electricity through his fingers.
Dee never wanted this to end, but all too soon he pulled back, sucking in a quick burst of air, his eyes blinking open as he rested his forehead against Ryo's. Ryo was blushing darkly, his eyes downcast, determinedly not meeting Dee's. Dee smiled and lightly kissed Ryo's cheek before he leaned back in his seat and stared back out over the ocean. Ryo shifted a little and then sat back, his head resting on Dee's shoulder now. Dee smiled and his arms tightened around Ryo a little as the night spread quietly around them. This was nice, it felt so right to just be close to Ryo like this. Dee would be perfectly contented with spending the rest of his days with Ryo. Ryo sighed quietly and Dee drifted out of his own mind as he wondered what his brown haired partner was thinking.
“Hey, Ryo,” he said softly.
There was no answer and Dee arched his neck a little to look down at Ryo. He smiled happily and leaned back again.
“I love you Ryo.”
Ryo was asleep in his arms and Dee wouldn't have it any other way.