Fake Fan Fiction ❯ FAKE In Love: Act XV, Fires and Distance ❯ Chapter 1

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

ALRIGHT…Here you go, a new FAKE in Love set in the `traditional' timeline…or as some of you assbitches like to call it `the real' timeline.
 
Warnings and Disclaimers: Not Sanami Matoh. Not making any money here. Poor, poor, poor.
 
 
Dee scowled and slumped against the hallway as he stared down what seemed an impossible long distance. He just wanted to go home. The suitcase thudded heavily against his leg and he rewarded it with an annoyed glare all its own. Goddammit, he just wanted to go home.
He had spent the last two weeks trapped in Washington D.C., testifying for a listless jury about a case that he had barely been involved in. The FBI had been firm though, and had refused to let him slip out of it. He spent his days in court slumped in the back, waiting to see if he would be called, or repeating what someone else had already testified to. It had been long, dull, and annoying. Sure, they nailed the guy, but still, he had been stuck in a foreign city without his sexy partner for two damn weeks.
Dee sighed and wrapped his hand round the suitcase's handle again and then began to drag it down the hallway. He was going to make it.
He had cashed in his ticket for an earlier flight home, but now he was beginning to wish that he had waited until tomorrow. He'd be awake then, and the damn suitcase wouldn't feel like it weighed six hundred pounds. Dee grunted slightly; he could probably have pawned carrying it off on the brat.
The dark haired officer fumbled for his keys and then fumbled again as he struggled to slide them into the lock. It was very late, or very early, depending on how you looked at things, and New York had taken on the softer bustle that always surrounded a big city. The place was never silent, ever, but in the dark it had a very different kind of noise.
The door finally took pity on him and opened and Dee sighed with relief as he stepped inside. He quickly locked the door and shed off his heavy jacket and shoes. The damn cold snap hadn't relented, and Dee found himself exceptionally grateful that Ryo had gone on a practical buying binge and bought Dee a new coat. The thing looked like a damn parka, but it was wonderfully warm and comfortable. He spared it a thoughtful glance back, then sighed, and retrieved it from the floor. He hung it up carefully in the hall closet. His eyes skidded over his shoes and he scowled; no, no damn way. He had put the jacket away already, wasn't that enough?
He sighed quietly. He'd take care of the rest of it after he'd gotten some sleep.
Dee tugged at his tie as he headed for the bedroom, the apartment dark and quiet all around him. He could feel the air filled with sleeping peace, and it made his eye lids dip dangerously low. The couch was starting to look pretty damn good.
He finally grabbed the bedroom doorknob and almost smiled with relief. It had been a long two weeks. And it wasn't just the court that had done it.
His recently found sister, Claire, was a resident of the nation's sparkling capital, and somehow Dee had found himself striking up a relationship with her. It was…tenuous at best. He remembered spending the beginning of December staring at walls and boredly flipping open various cards. He debated back and forth, sometimes almost asking Ryo, sometimes not. He finally made up his mind and selected a simple, friendly, little card. One that wished good holiday cheer, and didn't say “You must write back” and definitely did not say “Please show up on my doorstep again.” He signed it Dee, Ryo, and Bikky, and included a moderately priced bottle of wine and a gift card for Claire's daughter. A small package had shown up shortly after with a nice generic card of its own and a gift basket of meats and cheeses. There was a gift card for Bikky and a nice little note from the little girl addressed to “Uncle Dee.” The words had sent an inexplicable rush of terror through him.
So when he found out that he had to go to Washington D.C., he had given Claire a call. She had practically squealed in his ear with delight, the sound enough to almost make him hang up. She immediately had started jabbering about letting him stay with them, about having dinner with the family, about showing him around. He had felt a stone drop in his stomach. Then she suddenly stopped and laughed. She sighed and then said “I'm doing it again, aren't I?” He had relaxed immediately.
He stayed in a hotel, went to dinner with her three times, came over to her house to meet her family twice, and let her show him around one day. It had been nice, a little awkward, but nice. When she was calm, she was really very interesting, and he enjoyed her company. And she really seemed to get a kick out of introducing him as her little brother.
Dee pushed the door open and practically staggered into the bedroom. He crawled into the bed and wormed his way under the covers, his arms sliding out to wrap around Ryo. He felt the soft warm body in his arms shift and take a deep breath. Ryo's hand slid up to run across his arm.
“You're home early,” Ryo murmured.
“I didn't want to wait any longer,” Dee whispered as his hand slid down Ryo's side, his fingers moving smoothly over the dark silk pajamas.
“Mmph,” Ryo replied sleepily. “Welcome back.”
“Thanks,” Dee said and burrowed up to breathe Ryo's neck in. “God I missed you.”
“I missed you too,” Ryo said, his voice a little clearer as his hand skittered up to gently brush through Dee's hair. “How'd it go?”
“We nailed the bastard,” Dee said. “Guilty on all counts. They didn't need me.”
Ryo grunted softly. “And the other thing?”
“It was alright,” Dee said and peppered kisses over Ryo's neck. “I wish you would have been there.”
“Next time?” Ryo asked softly.
Dee shrugged. “I guess.”
Ryo smiled slightly and Dee began to mouth lightly at his collarbones.
“I'm waking up now,” Dee whispered and petted his hands down Ryo's silk clad body again. “God I love it when you wear these.”
“Oh?” Ryo asked innocently, as if he didn't already know that fact.
“Mmhmm,” Dee whispered.
The dark pajamas had been a Christmas present from Dee, and clung loosely to Ryo's pale skin. Dee smiled as he began to nibble at the buttons. Ryo shifted a little and his fingers tangled in Dee's hair. His lover paused and then began to stroke his cheek up and down Ryo's chest, smiling at the smooth feel.
“They make me want to touch you everywhere,” Dee purred.
He paused to smile up at Ryo, the soft moonlight pressing in through the window making him look mischievous and hungry.
“Even more than usual.”
Ryo blushed slightly and Dee set about the wonderful task of unbuttoning Ryo's shirt. His exhaustion was now completely forgotten. He couldn't wait to strip Ryo, to see pale skin swimming in a sea of dark satin. Dee pressed hot kisses down Ryo's chest, licking softly over smooth muscle. He could feel Ryo's body vibrating under his caresses, quiet gasps and moans escaping Ryo's parted lips. Ryo's hands tightened in his hair and then pulled him up.
Lips met slowly, a soft gentle caressing of tongues and hands. They explored each other, Dee moving to rest heavily over Ryo, his hands sliding up and down Ryo's body. Ryo arched up into him, his lips pressing harder, desirous, hungry. The kiss ended then began again, long and deep and stretching out between them.
“I love you,” Ryo whispered over Dee's lips as his hands drug down to Dee's neck. “More than anything.”
“I love you too,” Dee answered and leaned in for another kiss.
Ryo's hands remained firm at his neck, kneading into tense muscle as his legs spread to cradle Dee closer. Dee pulled back from the kiss and then nuzzled against Ryo's neck, soft chaste kisses fluttering over a slowly speeding pulse. Dee ground into Ryo and he felt his partner arch up into him again. Ryo moaned loudly, his fingers tightening at the back of Dee's neck.
“Dee,” Ryo whispered. “Dee…”
“Love you, love you, love you,” Dee murmured as he began to trace his way down Ryo's body.
The cell phone at Ryo's bedside blared to life and Dee growled low in his throat. Ryo sighed, his hands dropping away as he picked up the phone. He gave Dee an apologetic look and then cast a quick prayer upwards that it was a wrong number.
“I'm not here,” Dee said lowly. “I'm not scheduled to be back at work for two more days.”
“But I am,” Ryo said sadly.
Dee's mouth thinned and he puffed warm air over Ryo's chest.
“You could always ignore it.”
Too late, Ryo had the phone open.
“Hello?” he said hesitantly and then sighed again. “Yes, this is Detective MacLean.”
Dee slumped against him and Ryo shrugged.
Sorry, he mouthed and Dee's mouth thinned in irritation.
“When?” Ryo said into the phone, his head cocked to one side as he listened.
Dee drummed his fingers lightly on Ryo's chest then his eyes lit up. He gave Ryo a lecherous little smile, Ryo's eyes widening a little in worry. Then Dee's lips were latching warmly onto one nipple. Ryo bit his lip to contain a gasp and closed his eyes.
“I-I see,” he said. “Uh-huh.”
Dee nibbled across Ryo's chest and found the other nipple. Ryo's fingers clenched in his hair, and for a second Dee was certain Ryo was going to yank him back. Instead, Ryo held him there, his fingers massaging into Dee's scalp. Dee smiled and continued to suck and lick at the small bud.
“Y-yes,” Ryo said, and Dee wasn't sure if he was talking to him or whoever was on the other end of the phone. “Can it wait?”
Dee sucked a little harder. It was now officially the end of the world. Ryo MacLean wanted to put work off in favor of sex. Bring on the Rapture, in every sense of the word.
“I understand,” Ryo said with a sigh, his eyes snapping closed as Dee began to slowly work lower. “How l-long will it take?”
“Stay, stay, stay,” Dee whispered over Ryo's stomach.
“I'm on…on my way,” Ryo said quickly and hung up.
“What?” Dee said.
“Sorry,” Ryo said and brushed back Dee's hair. “It won't be for long. Just get some sleep. I'll be back later.”
Dee frowned slightly and then slumped heavily on top of Ryo.
“We're picking up right here when you get back,” Dee said firmly.
Ryo smiled and nodded.
“Fair enough.”
 
Dee woke up slowly, his eyes groggy and almost crusty feeling as he sat up. The sun was filling the room with too much brightness, and the shining light was grating over his eyes. He rubbed at them, yawning and then wincing at the stale taste in his mouth. Well, there was a sure fire remedy for that.
Dee lit a cigarette and then peered at the alarm clock.
Almost eleven a.m., Ryo should have been back a long time ago. Dee sighed and retrieved his phone.
“Criminal Investigations, this is Detective MacLean,” Ryo's professional voice said crisply.
“So you're still at the precinct,” Dee said.
Ryo laughed. “You're awake.”
“No wonder you made detective,” Dee teased. “I thought you were supposed to be home by now.”
“Sorry,” Ryo said. “I've been trying to get out of here, but things keep coming up.”
“Dammit Ryo,” Dee said as he shook his head. “Repeat after me, `Do your own damn work, I'm going home.' Now you.”
Ryo laughed again. “I've still got half a shift left.”
“Hey, that's not right at all. They called you in early and now they expect you to work the rest of your shift.”
“That's the way it works,” Ryo said. “You going to make dinner tonight?”
“Are you looking to be tortured?”
“You can cook just fine,” Ryo said with a little exasperation. “Just follow the directions. Exactly. Don't make any little alterations.”
“You do it all the time.”
“I know what I'm doing,” Ryo said. “Just pick something and make it.”
“Alright, but you have to eat it,” Dee warned.
 
Dee stretched as he climbed out of the shower and toweled off. He was feeling good, clean, and refreshed. He pulled on his clothes and headed for the kitchen. He had spent most of the day lying around in bed, but now it was time to pretend he knew how to cook and whip up something for them to eat. Dee started digging through the cupboards pulling out ingredients.
To be honest, Ryo was right. So long as he actually followed the directions on the box or the book that he was using, Dee could actually make passable food. The problem was, he didn't like to follow the directions. Where was the challenge in that? And if Dee was anything, he was a man who liked a challenge. If half a teaspoon of chili powder was good, then six must be better. It made sense, it was perfectly logical, it was reasonable beyond reproach. Unfortunately it didn't make for very good food.
Dee chuckled softly as he began to chop up the thick round steak. Stroganoff sounded good for the night. He could do it, he was just going to take Ryo's advice and stick to the recipe.
A mischievous smile. Mostly. He'd mostly stick to the recipe.
The door slammed open and he heard the unmistakable sound of Bikky's approach. The teenager stopped dead in his tracks as he stared into the kitchen and then pulled off his headphones.
“What are you doing here? I thought we had to go and pick you up tonight.”
“Change of plans,” Dee said. “I came home early.”
Bikky nodded and then his eyes narrowed suspiciously.
“What are you doing?” he said lowly.
Dee shrugged. “Making dinner.”
“No, really. What are you doing?”
“What did I just say, you monkey brat?”
“Does Ryo know about this?”
“He suggested it,” Dee snapped irritably.
Bikky backed slowly away, as if afraid the whole kitchen was about to go up in a puff of smoke.
“He must have forgotten the last time you cooked,” Bikky said. “Of course he was really sick and didn't see the final product.”
“Back off,” Dee growled. “That was because of one little mistake, namely we started playing your racing game and I forgot to keep an eye on the pot.”
“Uh-huh,” Bikky said skeptically. “Hey, if this is what you guys want, then have at. I'm going to Carol's. Welcome back.”
“Have a good time,” Dee waved over his shoulder as he turned back to the stove. “Your presents are in my bag, Carol's too. Drop hers off for me, okay?”
“Sure, thanks,” Bikky called. “See you later!”
Dee nodded and stirred the pan. He frowned suddenly and turned around.
“Hey, Bikky! What time are you supposed to be home?”
“What?” Bikky yelled from the front door. “Sorry, I can't hear you! Bye!”
The front door slammed after him and Dee chuckled softly. Typical Bikky.
 
“I'm home!” Ryo called as he shut the door behind him and pulled off his coat.
“I'm in the kitchen.”
Ryo smiled at the sound of Dee's voice and loosened his tie a little. He had missed his partner while he was gone, the soft touch of Dee's hand, his smiles, his warm presence, and the wonderful sound of Dee's voice.
“So,” Ryo said as he entered the kitchen. “What did you make?”
“Stroganoff,” Dee said. “It's almost ready.”
Ryo hoisted himself up onto the counter, long legs dangling as he picked up Dee's beer bottle. He took a long drink and then peered into the pan.
“Smells good,” Ryo said.
“Thanks,” Dee said with a wink before he leaned over for a quick kiss. “How was work?”
“Fine. Long, I guess.”
Dee smiled. The air was charged around them, he could feel it. His head was racing in about a hundred directions now as he tried to decide what to do. Part of him wanted to sit down to dinner with Ryo, talk to him about his day, find out everything his partner had done while he had been gone. Another part wanted to wrap his arms around Ryo, hold him close and just enjoy the fact that he could again. And a third part wanted to rip Ryo's clothes off, bend him over the table, and make it extremely difficult for either one to walk the next day.
To anyone else it may have been a confusing whirlwind of emotions, but when it came to Ryo MacLean, Dee was used to this conflict. It ran through his mind whenever he was with his gorgeous Ryo. It simply was a matter of choosing which option to go with. He smiled at Ryo again and by the shy smile he got back and the faint color on his partner's cheeks, he knew Ryo was having the same internal debate.
Let's try option A.
“So how'd things go without me?” Dee asked as he checked the noodles, even though he already knew they needed at least another ten minutes.
“About the same,” Ryo said. “Our paperwork's back up to snuff and our office is clean.”
“Great. Now I won't be able to find a thing.”
Ryo laughed and took another drink before he held the bottle out to Dee.
“Thanks,” Dee said as he took a long swig.
“I got called out for one shooting job,” Ryo said. “Erin and I pinned down a set of bank robbers late last week.”
Dee scowled irritably. Damn that Richardson.
“Did he manage to get himself shot?” Dee grumbled.
“No,” Ryo said with a sigh. “He did a fine job. What's your problem?”
“I don't like him,” Dee said and shot Ryo an annoyed look before he passed the beer back. “And you know why.”
Ryo nodded as he took another drink and then shrugged.
“You don't need to worry,” Ryo said nonchalantly. “He's got even less going for him than Rose did. I mean, hell, Erin doesn't look like you at all.”
“For the last goddamn time Rose and I look nothing alike!” Dee roared.
Ryo laughed and Dee threw a potholder at him.
“Rat.”
“How much longer till supper?” Ryo asked as he peered over at the stove.
“You hungry?” Dee asked as he stirred the sauce.
Ryo was silent and Dee glanced over with a little frown. He couldn't help but smile almost wolfishly when he spotted the darkening blush on his partner's cheeks and the coy way he kept his eyes from meeting Dee's.
“Say it,” Dee said. “Come on, tell me what dirty thought is running through that sexy head.”
“No.”
“Now, now,” Dee said playfully as he rested his hands on the counter on either side of Ryo, carefully pinning him in. “Repression is bad for your health.”
“Is it?” Ryo asked as he wrapped his arms around Dee's neck and gave him a quick peck on the lips.
“Most definitely,” Dee said, his hands now sliding up to run up and down Ryo's back.
Okay, so maybe a little of option two was in order.
Ryo gave him another light kiss and they rested their foreheads together, warm brown meeting sparking green.
“God you have beautiful eyes,” Dee said softly.
“So do you.”
Dee leaned in for another kiss, but found his lips bumping against the cool glass of the beer bottle. Ryo took a little drink and then gave Dee one of his playful smiles.
“Not much left,” Ryo warned as he held the bottle up.
Dee watched as Ryo pressed the bottle to his lips, the movement deliberately slow as he tilted his head back. The long line of his neck stretched and curved and drew Dee in like a magnet. His lips traced over smooth skin and he felt Ryo swallow, the movement enough for his hands to slide to Ryo's lower back and pull him forward.
Ryo set the bottle down, his arms returning to wrap around Dee, their lips meeting slowly. Dee chuckled when he found Ryo had saved a little drink for him, and he hungrily sucked it down. His hands were kneading into Ryo's back, dipping down to the belt of his pants, caressing slowly. Ryo moaned as Dee turned back to his neck, and that was all there was to it.
On to option three.
Dee pulled Ryo forward until he was perched on the very edge of the counter, their bodies grinding hotly together as Dee tugged Ryo's shirt free from his pants. His fingers raced over bared skin and he thrust forward as Ryo attacked his mouth. The kiss left him panting and wildly suckling at Ryo's neck again. Then warm lips breathed across his ear, a welcome tongue sliding out to dip into it.
“I don't think I can make it to the bedroom,” Ryo whispered and then bit Dee's earlobe.
Dee thrust forward again with open desire, a low groan escaping him as he continued to rub up and down Ryo's body.
“Is the living room close enough?” Dee asked.
“It'll have to be,” Ryo murmured and proceeded to arch against Dee. “Step back so I can stand up.”
“You always give me the hard jobs,” Dee breathed as he allowed his hands to drift to Ryo's hips and pull him roughly into Dee.
Ryo gasped and then thrust his hips out again, his eyes sliding closed for a moment as Dee began to unbutton his shirt.
“I love you,” Dee whispered over Ryo's collarbones before he began to suck at them.
“I love you,” Ryo answered, his head thrown back. “More than anything.”
“Ryo, Ryo, Ryo,” Dee murmured happily.
Ryo smiled and then his fingers tightened in Dee's hair.
“Shut the stove off,” he whispered.
Dee blinked and then chuckled softly. Practical Ryo. He stole one last kiss before he wrenched himself away to completely shut the stove off and cover everything. He turned to find the counter vacant and Ryo waiting in the doorway. Ryo gave him one long seductive wink and then disappeared into the living room. Dee raced after him.
He practically tackled Ryo to the couch, Ryo's laughter smothered under his mouth. Ryo's fingers tangled in his hair and began to move in slow soft strokes, Dee's whole body tingling beneath the assault. The kiss ended reluctantly, Dee nuzzling against Ryo as both breathed the other in. Ryo slipped out of his shirt, another kiss passing between them before he tugged Dee's shirt off. They lay skin to skin, hands exploring and caressing as they moved slowly. Dee thrust forward, Ryo arching up into the touch, his eyes sliding closed.
“I love you,” Ryo whispered as his fingers unbuttoned Dee's pants and then dipped inside.
Dee moaned and threw his head back as Ryo's touch skated down him then slid his pants free. Dee kicked them off and moaned again as Ryo's hands moved up to his hips to pull him close. Ryo arched up from the couch, his face flushed and eyes lightly closed as he held Dee to him.
“I want you,” Ryo breathed. “I want you, Dee.”
“Ryo…”
Dee's lips slid down the long arch of Ryo's throat, kissing and biting at the delicate skin as he pulled Ryo free from the last of his clothing. Ryo shivered, anticipation rolling off him in long waves, and Dee's breath caught. What had he done? How had he managed to find this man? He must have done something to deserve this, to deserve him.
Ryo moaned and his lips trembled as Dee's hand softly cradled his erection. Dee worked down Ryo's body, his tongue circling smooth pink nipples until they hardened. He nibbled at them, relishing every soft sound that escaped his lover. He slid lower, his lips exploring each contour and dip of flesh as he moved across Ryo's body. His lover was a map of perfection and desire, and Dee planned to chart every inch that night.
He crouched between Ryo's legs, nuzzling at the soft skin at the inside of his thighs, all smooth and shivering beneath Dee's touch. He bit lightly at one, Ryo moaning loudly now as Dee's hand gently caressed his cock. His hold tightened in one long sweep, Ryo's mouth opening to a wide circle, then Dee slowly lowered his lips to Ryo's erection.
He could feel dark brown eyes watching him, and he couldn't help but smirk slightly as he began to place slow open mouthed kisses up and down Ryo's cock. Ryo moaned, the sound low and rich, and his fingers curled in the couch beneath him. Dee swirled his tongue over Ryo's head, the brown haired man gasping Dee's name as his hips thrust forward. Dee's tongue slid over his lips and then circled up and down Ryo's straining flesh. Ryo was shaking now, desire, lust, need, love all filling him completely.
“Dee…” he moaned.
His arms stretched out and Dee slid back up his body, nuzzling close to Ryo as his lover's hold encircled him. Dee's cock nestled against Ryo, pressing tightly as Ryo covered his face in kisses, his hands stroking up and down Dee's back. Dee gently brushed soft brown hair back and leaned down for a slow taste of Ryo's lips. He moved cautiously almost, exploring and touching as Ryo clung to him. Dee's hand slid down, carefully up and down Ryo's cock to slick his fingers. Ryo moaned at the contact and his tongue pressed hard into Dee's mouth. They tangled together, Dee's touch now gently probing at Ryo, carefully opening as Ryo moaned in pleasure.
Dee's fingers brushed inside, sliding smoothly in and out as Ryo's hips slowly picked up his rhythm. They kissed again, Ryo's fingers now in Dee's hair, one leg sliding up to rest on Dee's shoulder. Dee felt Ryo's body relax beneath his touch, and his breath moved hot over Ryo's face as he lightly kissed Ryo's eyes. He slid in, both moaning loudly now as Dee's hand cradled Ryo's knee, his hips setting a slow pulse. They rocked together, hands roving now, caressing and touching as they moved. Their kisses seemed to flow together in one long joining, pleasure gathering across their skin as both spiraled higher. Dee's hand found Ryo's cock again, his fingers sure and strong as he began to stroke. Ryo moaned, the sound muffled beneath Dee's kiss, and his eyes fluttered as he came, lights flashing across his vision.
Dee's body tensed, the feel of his lover arching around him and the deep heat that pressed between them pushing him over the edge. He felt weak as it filled him, everything surging forward and escaping as he filled Ryo. His hips rocked again, still pushing into pleasure, then he pulled carefully free and rested back against Ryo again.
He listened to the sound of Ryo's pounding heart, smiling tiredly as Ryo's fingers slid to his neck and gently held him close. Dee's arms encircled Ryo's waist, and he sighed with contentment as he brushed his hands down smooth skin.
“I love you Ryo.”
“I love you too.”
“We should probably have some dinner now,” Dee said and shifted until his chin rested on Ryo's chest, a playful smile in place. “Although, it seems like a shame to cover up this sexy body in clothes again.”
Ryo snorted and shook his head. Dee kissed his chest and wiggled his eyebrows at Ryo.
“Come on, what do you think? I'll just pour the sauce over you and,” he drug his tongue over Ryo's skin. “Lick it off.”
“I think you have a one track mind.”
“It's called focus.”
Ryo gave him a coy smile.
“It's called sexiness,” Ryo said, his voice low and his cheeks flaming.
“Why Ryo MacLean,” Dee smirked. “Are you trying to seduce me?”
“You're naked and laying on top of me,” Ryo said flatly. “What's left to seduce?”
 
“So you're serious about going away for Valentine's?” Dee asked as he wrapped his arms around Ryo's waist.
They were curled up in the large bed, their stomachs filled with Dee's passable cooking and an excellent bottle of wine. Ryo smiled and lightly ran his hands up and down Dee's arm.
“Yes,” he answered. “Why? Did you have something in mind?”
“Maybe,” Dee conceded. “I'll have to think about it.”
Ryo chuckled softly and turned his head to stare into Dee's eyes. Dee smiled at him and Ryo couldn't help but smile back.
“Glad you're back,” Ryo said finally. “I love you.”
Dee grinned. “Keep saying it. You owe me two weeks of those.”