Fake Fan Fiction ❯ FAKE in Love: Act XVII, Murder and Mayhem ❯ Chapter 6

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Warnings and Disclaimers: I'm not Sanami Matoh. I'm not making any money off of this. This story contains adult situations and language as well as some `chicka-chicka-bow-wow' moments between men. This is set in the “FAKE in Love” time line, so if you haven't read the other posts, you might be a wee bit confused. And please review if you have time. Rat bastards.
 
 
“JJ?” Ryo called as he knocked. “Is Tim in there?”
“Just a minute,” came the muffled response.
Ryo sighed as he listened to the shuffling that followed and then JJ opened the door with an overly friendly grin.
“Ryo, hi Senpai, what's going on?”
“JJ, have you seen Dee around?”
“No,” JJ answered and stepped aside so Ryo could enter.
Tim was sitting on the corner of JJ's desk, trying too hard to look nonchalant as he scanned through an old file.
“Oh,” Ryo said. “Can I borrow Tim for a while?”
JJ's eyes widened and he flung himself at the FBI agent, his arms locking tight around Tim. The FBI agent floundered and barely managed to keep from toppling both of them to the floor.
“What are you saying?” he bellowed. “Ryo, you beast!”
“Not like that!” Ryo snapped. “I just need some help finding Dee.”
 
“Ryo, if you had some idea of what we're looking for…”
Ryo sighed and glanced around the empty lot. Victim number one had been found here. He paced across the crime scene and shook his head.
“I don't know,” he said. “I'm probably just overreacting.”
“He still hasn't called?” Tim asked.
Ryo shook his head. His hand slid into his pocket and closed around his cell phone, a now familiar nervousness running down his spine. Where was Dee?
“Well,” Tim said finally. “Let's see what we can find at the next one.”
“No,” Ryo said and forced a laugh. “Forget it. Go home, go see JJ, he doesn't get to see you enough. I'll swing by Dee's usual haunts and find out where he's hiding. He probably just can't hear his phone.”
“Ryo…”
“It's fine,” the detective said with another laugh. “I'll see you tomorrow.”
Tim frowned. “You're going to go to the next scene, aren't you?”
Ryo's mouth thinned and his fist tightened around his phone.
“Yes,” he said simply.
Tim stared at him and then shrugged.
“Why don't we split them up? I'll see if I can spot anything new over on 39th, and you can take that place downtown.”
“Are you deliberately giving me the one with more civilian traffic?” Ryo asked with a smile.
“Somebody's got to watch out for you,” Tim said. “JJ says you're useless all the time.”
 
Dee lightly bounced his head against the pipe he was chained to. Any minute now he was going to go insane and bash his skull open. He sighed and closed his eyes.
I love you…
Dee's eyes clenched tighter and he forced himself to calm down. Goddammit it sounded too much like Ryo was saying goodbye. Dee grit his teeth and tried to think about anything else.
So much…
“Ryo,” he growled in the darkness. “You're killing me.”
He sighed and leaned back, his neck screaming as muscles creaked and flexed. His hands were numb now, probably from the blood loss, and Dee wondered if he would be conscious and whole when the psychopath came back. He huddled against the pipe now, his eyes distant and scared.
If he came back, then it could mean that Ryo had been…
Dee swallowed thickly and bit his lip. It wasn't going to happen. Ryo had promised him a long time ago that he wasn't going to ever let Dee think he was dead again. Ryo had promised they would always be together. Ryo wanted to spend the rest of their lives together.
“Goddammit,” Dee whispered. “You'd better be fine. You'd better be ready to tell me you love me.”
Quiet footsteps filled the hallway and Dee's hands suddenly clenched into fists. Terror sluiced through his veins and he tried to think of someway to handle this. The bastard hadn't been gone long, not long enough to have found Ryo, caught him and…tortured him to death. Dee grimaced and couldn't help the frantic panic that filled him. He yanked at the cuffs again, re-opening the wounds he had made earlier and coating his hands in a fresh spray of blood.
The footsteps paused a moment and Dee felt tears run down his face as he yanked harder. He wasn't just going to sit there while some psycho closed in on him, not again. He was going to fight goddammit. He was going to kill the bastard before he could ever touch Ryo.
More than anything…
A quiet sob escaped him and he banged the chain against the pipe again and again.
“Come on!” he yelled. “Come on, goddammit! Ryo!”
“Dee!”
Dee jerked hard as running footsteps suddenly filled the pitch black room. He blinked thickly and just made out Ryo as his partner skidded to the floor next to him. Ryo's hands ran over his face and down over his body with professional ease. Then Ryo was kissing him, and there was nothing businesslike about it.
“Are you alright?” Ryo breathed between kisses. “Are you okay?”
“God Ryo,” Dee whispered and leaned forward for another kiss. “Are you hurt? Are you hurt?”
“I'm fine,” Ryo laughed, his lips straying to cover Dee's face in soft pecks. “What happened?”
“He got the drop on me,” Dee answered and clanged the handcuffs against the pipe again. “Please tell me you've got something that can cut through these.”
“Not with me,” Ryo said as he pulled out his cell phone. “Shit. No service. How in the hell do they always find these places?”
“Try outside,” Dee suggested.
Ryo's eyes flashed at him. “No.”
“Ryo, he'll be back any minute.”
“All the more reason not to leave you alone,” Ryo said flatly.
“Ryo…”
Ryo ran his hands down Dee's body again and flinched slightly when Dee hissed with pain. Soft palms petted across his sides and Dee closed his eyes. It felt so good to have Ryo touch him again.
“Just relax,” Ryo said softly.
He pulled Dee into a loose sitting position, carefully leaning his partner against the wall. Then, with a little careful maneuvering, he slid up inside Dee's arms. Ryo pulled his gun then and carefully stayed close to Dee. It was a tight squeeze, but they had always fit well together, and now was no exception.
“There,” Ryo said quietly. “He might not see me now. I'll have a chance at a first shot.”
“Liar,” Dee murmured.
Ryo smiled grimly and turned to lightly press a kiss to Dee's cheek.
“Just keep still.”
Dee wanted to shove Ryo away, he wanted to rip free from the soothing warmth of his lover's body and throw the man away from him. He didn't want this, he didn't want Ryo to be his human shield.
“Are you okay?” Ryo whispered.
“No,” Dee answered.
“Where does it hurt?”
“Just go outside and make the call,” Dee breathed.
“I'm not leaving you alone,” Ryo answered quietly.
“I'll be fine.”
Ryo was silent a moment.
“Is he sane?” Ryo asked suddenly.
“What? Of course not. He's batshit. He thinks dead serial killers are channeling through his body in order to kill again.”
“Then why in the hell would I leave you alone with him?” Ryo growled darkly.
Dee blinked as Ryo stared up at him in the darkness, a determined glint in his lover's eyes. Ryo wasn't going anywhere. Dee sighed and tightened his arms a little, Ryo settling lightly against him.
“I want to be here with you,” Ryo said gently.
“What about Bikky?” Dee asked.
Ryo scowled.
“He was at Carol's when I called,” Ryo said irritably. “He's staying there with her and her aunt.”
Dee chuckled and then winced.
“Ow. The brat's going to be in some trouble later.”
“No kidding,” Ryo agreed.
They sat in silence then and Dee couldn't help chuckling again.
“What?” Ryo asked curiously.
“Nothing.”
“Oh no,” Ryo said flatly. “If I don't get to get away with that, you don't either.”
Dee smiled and leaned forward to nuzzle against the back of Ryo's head.
“I was just thinking how nice it feels to hold you like this,” Dee whispered. “And how grateful I am to have you with me.”
“I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.”
“Liar,” Dee said again, his voice affectionate this time.
“Maybe a little.”
Heavy footsteps and quiet muttering soon reached them, both tensing as they listened to the killer's approach.
“Where is he, where is he, where is he?”
The soft hiss sent a shiver running through Dee's spine and he again tightened his hold around Ryo. The man would have to rip him apart to get his hands on Ryo. One of Ryo's hands lightly dropped to his arm and gently squeezed there. Dee held his breath.
The door clanged open and the loud footsteps echoed towards them.
“Where is he?” the killer snarled. “Where the fuck is your partner?”
“Right here,” Ryo said flatly.
The gunshot was deafening.
 
Dee sat happily in his hospital bed, a wide grin on his face as Bikky absently read in the chair next to him.
“Just what are you so happy about anyway, freak?” Bikky asked, now cast free and still grounded.
“I love this hospital,” Dee said brightly.
“You're such a weirdo,” Bikky answered dully. “Where's Dad? I want to get out of here?”
“Just take off,” Dee said with a dismissive wave. “I'll make up some excuse for you.”
“That's a bad idea,” Bikky said. “You're just going to get me into more trouble.”
“No, seriously, I can handle Ryo.”
Bikky stared at him and a slow malicious grin pulled at his features.
“I can't wait to tell him you said that,” Bikky said. “He's going to `handle' you right into next week.”
Dee scowled.
“Here I am, injured and still trying to do you a favor and this is how you repay me?”
“Yeah, life's hard,” Bikky said. “Twenty bucks gets me out of here and buys my silence…about this.”
“You ungrateful little shrimp,” Dee growled. “My wallet's in the closet with my jacket.”
“You're a smart man,” Bikky said. “So I won't even charge you any tax. See ya, freak.”
“Bye Biks, be good.”
Dee flopped back in his bed and grinned up at the ceiling. He was actually feeling pretty good. His ribs hurt but the drugs were handling that quite well. He'd be out of here tomorrow, so he could probably handle one night of incarceration. Especially since there was no gorilla nurse to—
The door flung open.
“Bed check!”
“Holy shit!” Dee yelled. “What are you doing here?”
Emiry smiled at him darkly.
“I transferred,” she said with open wicked glee.
“Oh good, you found him,” Ryo said happily as he entered.
“Ryo, you knew about this? You knew this sadistic freak was--”
“You seem to have forgotten what name calling gets you,” Emiry said flatly as she yanked Dee's pillow out from beneath his head and lightly thumped him with it.
Dee scowled at her and she returned the fluffed pillow to him.
“Behave yourselves,” she said sternly and wandered back out.
“That crazy woman is going to kill me one of these days,” Dee grumbled.
“She just wanted to check on you,” Ryo said. “She was really worried when I told her you were back in the hospital.”
Dee stared at Ryo with open mortified shock.
“Et tu Ryo?”
Ryo chuckled and sat down on the edge of Dee's bed.
“Poor Dee Laytner,” Ryo said with feigned sadness. “Betrayed by everyone he loves tonight.”
Suspicion narrowed Dee's eyes.
“Just what does that mean?” he asked lowly.
“I went to see Mother,” Ryo said.
“And?”
Ryo grinned and held up an old yearbook.