Fake Fan Fiction ❯ FAKE in Love: Act XX, Memories and Moments ❯ Chapter 7

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Warnings and Disclaimers: I do not own FAKE. Dammit. You'd think by now you'd all know that. I'm not making any money off of this, though if anyone's interested in hiring a writer, feel free to contact me. This is yaoi.
 
Dee's eyes opened at the soft click of the front door, his neck throbbing angrily from his position on the couch. Ryo's breath was lightly fanning over his cheek and Dee groggily peered at his watch as he pulled one arm free from his partner's body. Ryo groaned a little as Dee propped himself up enough to see the front door, Bikky now pulling off his sneakers and padding silently into the apartment. Dee frowned.
“I thought I heard you come in last night,” Dee said quietly.
Bikky glanced up and a faint blush ran over his cheeks before he scowled.
“I did,” he answered in a soft irritated voice. “I just…had to run back out and take care of something.”
Dee's eyebrow lifted slightly but he just shrugged and dropped back to the couch, Ryo immediately stretching back out over him.
“Whatever,” Dee muttered. “Hurry up and get ready for school.”
“Yeah, yeah,” Bikky answered. “I can take care of myself.”
“Uh-huh.”
Dee adjusted the blanket that was covering them and softly ran his fingers through Ryo's hair. Ryo's eyes opened slowly, bare slits of brown that stared sleepily up at Dee.
“What?” Ryo murmured.
“It's morning,” Dee said. “Early.”
“Oh.”
Dee chuckled and leaned forward to kiss Ryo's forehead.
“Let me up.”
Ryo sat up slowly, one hand rising to rub at his eyes as he yawned. Dee smiled as he climbed up from the couch and his back protested a little when he stretched. The dark haired man headed into the bathroom and returned with Ryo's prescriptions in one hand and a glass of water in the other.
Ryo frowned as he took the pills.
“No coffee?”
“Spoiled,” Dee snorted.
“I'm leaving,” Bikky called as he noisily ran towards the door.
“What?” Ryo said. “It's pretty early for school.”
“I'm going to stop off and see Carol,” Bikky said loudly. “That's all.”
“Freeze,” Ryo said sternly.
Bikky paused at the door and guiltily turned around.
“We need to have a talk about your late night exploits,” Ryo said flatly.
Bikky winced.
“I was just helping Lai out, that's all. We were perfectly safe the whole time.”
Ryo's lips thinned and Bikky grinned nervously.
“Mostly safe,” he said. “I'm done with it, Ryo. I swear.”
“Carol is really worried about you,” Ryo pointed out softly.
Bikky's face fell and he nodded.
“I know,” the teen said. “I didn't mean to upset her, I just wanted to…I want to get her something special for her birthday.”
Dee laughed. “That's what this is about?”
“Yeah,” Bikky snapped. “That's what this is about.”
Dee snorted and glanced at Ryo.
“He really sounds like you sometimes,” Dee said and Ryo scowled back at him.
“Her birthday is today,” Bikky muttered. “I was just going to buy her her present and then she'll see that…that I didn't mean to upset her. It's just with everything going on I haven't really had time to talk to her and I've been trying to keep this a secret and…”
Bikky sighed and shook his head.
“That's not making any sense,” he grumbled.
“I'm sure Carol will love anything you get her,” Ryo said softly.
“Yeah,” Dee agreed. “For some reason, she actually likes you.”
Another blush fanned over Bikky's cheeks and he scowled.
“Whatever. I'm going now.”
“Okay,” Ryo answered. “Have a good day, Bikky.”
“Bye, Biks.”
“See ya,” Bikky yelled and the door slammed shut.
“Well, at least now we know what he was sneaking out for,” Ryo said tiredly.
Dee's jaw dropped.
“You knew he was sneaking out?”
“Of course,” Ryo said with a frown. “You didn't?”
“I knew,” Dee said. “But I didn't know that you did.”
Ryo smiled and leaned forward for a quick kiss.
“Trying not to lay anymore stress on me?” he asked, his breath warm over Dee's lips.
“You don't need anything else to worry about,” Dee agreed.
“Mmm,” Ryo's lips pressed lightly to Dee's again. “How considerate.”
Dee's tongue slid out to leisurely paint over Ryo's lips, the other man's arms hooking up around Dee's neck and pulling him closer with a contented sigh. Dee chuckled a little as his mouth now slid over Ryo's jaw and with a split second pause, down to the long pale neck. Ryo moaned and arched back into the couch as Dee's tongue covered every inch in slow methodical licks. Long fingers curled in Dee's hair, twitching and tugging as Ryo shifted a little under the slow caresses. With one last long lick, Dee's mouth pulled free.
He smiled at Ryo, at the dark eyes now staring at him through a thick haze of lust. Dee pecked Ryo's lips once more and then his hands passed over Ryo's face and down to the long line of buttons. He slowly unfastened them, pausing again and again to carefully kiss smooth soft skin, and slid down Ryo's body. Olive toned hands rested at Ryo's hips, squeezing lightly as Dee leaned forward to mouth slowly over Ryo's toned stomach.
Ryo threw his head back as a wet tongue dipped into his navel and then slowly traced lower. Dee's teeth tugged at the stiff denim waist, and his eyes slid up Ryo's body to meet dark pools of brown.
As Ryo watched, Dee's tongue again slid out and curled down over Ryo's thickening cock. The brunette moaned and struggled as his eyes tried to close. He forced them to stay open and watched as Dee's lips wrapped around the sensitive head of his erection. Warm breath puffed through the denim and Dee smiled around it as he let his eyes again move over his lover's body.
Ryo shifted restlessly, his breath panting noisily over his lips and Dee carefully pulled back far enough to open the jeans. Ryo moaned loudly now as Dee tugged down thin cotton to find the hardness inside. Sparking green passed up over Ryo's skin like a warm touch and then Dee's lips slid around him.
Ryo bucked up from the couch with a long low cry as Dee relaxed his throat and pulled Ryo in deep. Ryo's hands shot to Dee's head, clutching desperately as Dee slowly began to rub his tongue over every inch. He bobbed up and down, tightening his lips with every slow push and guiding Ryo to the edge.
“God, Dee,” Ryo panted.
Dee's lips slid free and his tongue darted out to carefully juggle the end of Ryo's cock. He painted over the smooth tip, the taste salty and coppery in his mouth as Ryo moaned and clung to his lover. With one last long careful stroke, Dee sat back on his legs and stared up at Ryo.
Ryo's lips were parted, his tongue darting out an instant to slide smoothly over them. Both eyes were dark and half lidded and his head was resting heavily on the couch. He was panting heavily, and the thin shirt he wore was messily opened to reveal a long path of Ryo's chest. Dee slid back up that enticing body until he was straddling Ryo, their lips tangling together again wetly.
Ryo's hands moved down Dee's body and yanked at the other man's pants. He sucked at Dee's tongue as he pulled down the soft pajamas his lover was wearing. Dee hissed as cool air wrapped around his skin. A moan escaped him an instant later as Ryo's smooth palm replaced it. Dee tore his lips free and leaned his forehead against Ryo's, the other man's eyes lightly closed now as Dee stared down.
He watched as Ryo stroked him, his lover's breath washing over his face. Dee's hands slid down Ryo's chest, passing over defined muscle and pale smooth skin and another moan broke over Dee's lips. At last, his hand closed around Ryo's cock and began to stroke in time with Ryo.
Ryo's breath hitched a little and his rhythm faltered for a split second before he began to move faster. Dee moaned and matched his lover's hold, both of them rocking in time now as they found each other in another deep kiss.
“I love you,” Ryo whispered in the instant that passed between kisses.
“Love you,” Dee answered breathlessly.
Their lips crashed together again and Dee thrust into Ryo's hold, his eyes now clamping shut as fire shot through his veins and poured out over Ryo's hand. A split second later, Dee felt Ryo follow with a long groan.
They slumped gracelessly back to the couch, their breathing slowly matching up as time passed. Dee leaned over to lightly kiss Ryo's cheek and his lover chuckled softly and turned to catch Dee's lips.
“I love touching you,” Ryo murmured as his hand moved softly up Dee's back.
Dee chuckled and stole another kiss.
“I can't touch you enough,” Ryo whispered softly.
Dee smiled and leaned into the warmth of his lover's body.
“I love you, too,” Dee said quietly.
 
Dee whistled as he entered the station, his jacket slung over one shoulder and a pair of sunglasses in place. He had a stack of files under his arm and a cup of coffee precariously balanced, and a feeling that today some things were actually going to start making sense.
“Laytner.”
The whistling died and Dee had to practically swallow his tongue to keep from throwing his coffee in the commissioner's face. Rose stared at him, apparently unperturbed by Dee's irritated scowl, and then lightly nodded towards one abandoned office.
“We need to talk.”
Dee's eye twitched slightly, but he just nodded and followed Rose. There was no doubt in his mind about what they were going to discuss. Wariness sparked down Dee's spine and his fingers flexed nervously around his files.
“IA is pushing to have Ryo suspended,” Rose said after the door was firmly shut.
“What? They can't do that,” Dee snapped, all but flinging everything down to the abandoned desk.
“I'm doing my best to see that it doesn't happen,” Rose continued. “But we need to find out what happened in that warehouse, and you know what that means.”
“We need the real killer,” Dee said flatly.
He stared at Rose, his lips pinched tightly for a moment, and then Dee sighed and retrieved one of the battered files from his pile of paperwork.
“Take a look at this.”
“What is it?”
“The file on the FBI agent that was killed in the warehouse,” Dee said and lit a cigarette. “Ryo and I both are picking up a dirty cop vibe from him.”
Rose's eyes quickly scanned the listed transgressions and he carefully closed the file.
“So where does this take you?” he asked softly.
“Out to see a contact,” Dee said. “I need to know more about what was going on in that warehouse.”
“You never explained how you ended up there,” Rose said flatly.
“Yes, I did,” Dee answered.
“Not to my satisfaction.”
Dee smirked.
“Fortunately, it's not my job to satisfy you. Sir.”
 
“Shit.”
Dee scuffed his foot against the pavement and shook his head. Flashing police lights filled the air, and the alley's mouth was cordoned off with bright yellow tape. Shakes was dead. The only contact willing to give Dee any information about either the Grant family or the mysterious warehouse had been beaten to death the night before.
The cops suspected a bum rush or a drug buy gone bad.
Dee couldn't help but wonder.
 
Ryo lightly ran his hand down Dee's ribs and leaned forward to rest his chin on his partner's shoulder.
“If you keep this up, we're going to end up spending another night on the couch,” Ryo murmured softly.
“You're on bottom this time,” Dee mumbled. “The couch is a lot more comfortable this way.”
Ryo laughed and let his hand gently pass through his partner's dark hair.
“You haven't said much since you came home.”
“Bad day,” Dee grunted.
“What happened?”
Dee sighed and tiredly propped his chin up on Ryo's chest.
“Our informant is dead,” he said flatly. “I don't know where else to look to get some information on the warehouse.”
His lips thinned and he shook his head a little, his chin grinding down into Ryo.
“Without calling Alicia.”
“She won't tell you anything,” Ryo said, his face expressionless and eyes dark. “Something's…changed in her.”
Dee's head dropped back down to rest comfortably over Ryo's heart. He sighed again and tightened his hold around his lover's trim waist.
“How'd it go with you today?”
“Fine,” Ryo said. “I've got another follow up appointment next week. Apparently, the doctors want to keep a very close eye on me.”
“I'll bet they're nervous about letting you come home,” Dee said as he kissed Ryo's shoulder.
“I don't know why they would be,” Ryo said irritably. “I'm fine.”
Another soft kiss puffed through Ryo's shirt.
“Liar.”
“I can pretend,” Ryo murmured and brushed through Dee's hair again.
Both were silent.
 
They ended up sleeping on the couch again.
 
For the second morning in a row, Dee awakened to the sound of a teenager trying to enter silently. He sighed heavily as he lifted himself up from Ryo's body, his partner's arms limply still encircling him, and gave Bikky an annoyed look. Dee frowned immediately.
For some reason, before Dee even managed to say anything, Bikky blushed beet red.
 
“Ahhh! My sunflowers are gone!”
Ryo stared at the hacked off stalks lining the box and Dee sighed as he climbed onto the bed next to his partner and propped his head in one hand.
“The suspect didn't get home `til this morning, I hear,” Dee answered wryly.
“Bikky,” Ryo snapped darkly. “What was he thinking?”
Dee's jaw worked a moment and then his hand slid to Ryo's lower back and slowly rubbed.
“Just let it go,” Dee said.
Ryo glanced over his shoulder with disbelief and Dee shrugged.
“Hey,” the dark haired detective said suddenly. “Have you and Biks had the birds and the bees talk yet?”
 
Ryo shook his head as he dug in the fridge, a few exasperated sigh escaping him. Bikky. Sometimes Ryo had no idea what his son was thinking. A smile curled across his face at that; his son. He wished that he could bring Bikky home to meet his parents. He was sure that they would have loved Bikky. His smile softened a little; Bikky would have loved them as well.
“What's cooking, good looking?” Dee chirped as he strolled into the kitchen.
Ryo threw an oven mitt at him and turned back to the fridge.
“We need groceries,” Ryo said.
“Yeah, yeah,” Dee said and peered over Ryo's shoulder. “What are you talking about? We still have plenty of food. Bikky and I stocked us up for a month at least.”
“That's not food, Dee,” Ryo said dryly. “That's…I'm not eating that.”
Dee snorted laughter against Ryo's neck and let the sound end with a soft kiss.
“Fine.”
The door clumped closed and Ryo brushed a hand back through his hair, the thick smell of coffee running up through his nose. Dee was whistling and pulling a couple of boxes of cereal down from one of the cabinets. Ryo almost winced as he looked at the brightly colored boxes and knew that Bikky had been in charge of picking them out. Fifteen years old and Bikky still went for something that would put a normal person in a diabetic coma.
“Did Bikky say anything to you before he took off for school?” Ryo asked suddenly.
“Not a word,” Dee answered happily. “I think he felt it was in his best interest to just sneak out for a couple of days.”
Ryo shook his head again and dug out a couple of coffee cups.
“Your son drives me crazy sometimes,” Ryo said conversationally.
“Whoa, whoa,” Dee said. “My son? You're the one with ownership on that one.”
“You don't want to share?” Ryo asked.
Dee's lips thinned and he toyed with the top of the boxes.
“Whatever,” he muttered finally.
Ryo chuckled and reached for the coffee.
“What's the plan for today?” Ryo asked, the pot warm and heavy in his grip as he turned back to Dee.
“Well, I think that I'm going to…”
Ryo didn't hear the rest of what Dee said. His eyes were suddenly riveted to the coffee pot, to the dark liquid sloshing in the thin glass and the faint wisps of steam brushing up from it. He felt his breathing slow, and then, as he watched, his hand opened and the pot slipped free. Everything was moving too slowly.
The pot seemed to more swim down through the air, as if it had to struggle down deeper instead of simply fall. Ryo's head cocked to one side as a dull throbbing built in his temples and he watched the coffee pot shatter on the floor. Hot liquid spattered up over his legs and glided out over the floor in long scathing fingers.
“Jesus!” Dee yelled and jumped back. “Ryo are you--”
Ryo listened to the sound of his breath scraping over his lips and suddenly a wave of dizziness passed through him. He slowly sank to his knees, glass crunching beneath him and too hot coffee clinging his thin pajama pants to his body as darkness coiled at the edges of his vision.
He felt Dee's hands on his shoulders before he didn't feel anything at all.
 
Gunshots. He remembered gunshots.
And then, something happened. His hands clutched at rough concrete, never really finding any kind of purchase as he listened to his body scream in pain. It hurt, but he couldn't really feel it, not all of it. Something was sticky in his hair, and he floundered to reach up and touch it, to push it back from wetly fanning across his eyes. He couldn't see.
Then running footsteps, something vibrating beneath his legs, something cold and hard against his head, someone's hands running over his chest, and then…and then…
 
“I'm sick of waking up in hospital beds,” Ryo murmured.
Dee glanced over with relief and caught one of his partner's hands.
“Well quit knocking yourself unconscious and you won't have that problem,” Dee said.
Ryo sighed and squeezed Dee's hand.
“Call Rose,” he said softly. “I need to talk to him.”
 
Rose waited until Dee left the room, Detective Sallins standing silently behind him as Ryo stared up at them both.
“You realize what this means, right Ryo?” Rose asked after Dee had slammed the door shut.
“Yes,” Ryo said. “Just get on with it.”
Rose's lips thinned and he took a steadying breath.
“Detective Randall MacLean, you're under arrest for the murders of Jake Fontana, Dale Reeds, and Patrick Leereh.”
The handcuffs snapped around Ryo's wrist like a cold set of teeth, rattling as Rose clicked the other cuff around the bed railing. Ryo pulled at them weakly, as if testing to see if he could get away, and then slumped back in the bed as Rose's voice continued.
“You have the right to remain silent…”
 
“We have no comment at this time,” Sallins said as he tried to push his way through the mob of reporters.
“Will charges be filed against Detective MacLean?” one yelled.
“Has his memory of the murders returned?”
“We've received reports that he's been taken into police custody, has he confessed?”
“No comment,” Rose said flatly. “No comment.”
 
Dee stared up at the television perched in the hospital room and then glanced over at Ryo.
“What did you do?” Dee said softly.
Ryo closed his eyes.
 
Dee glanced over from his chair. The hospital room was darkened now, the television set to mute as Ryo slept. Distantly, Dee could hear the city outside, but it was muted in that odd way that it always had at night. He sighed and climbed out of his chair, a soft kiss passing over Ryo's forehead before he pulled open the door and stepped out into too brightly lit hallways.
Someone else was watching.
He waited until Dee disappeared down the hall and then cautiously opened the hospital room door, the scant light v-ing to lightly glance off the handcuffs locking Ryo to the bed. Lips curled with a smile and the door slid silently shut. Ryo shifted in his sleep, his head tossed to one side as slow footsteps entered the room.
Suddenly, one light clicked on and Berkeley Rose frowned at the man standing at Ryo's bedside.
“Visiting hours are over,” the Commissioner said flatly. “Hands over your head, please.”
 
Ryo stared at the booking photo and then shook his head.
“I can't believe he showed up again.”
“Contract killers are like that,” Rose said as he stared down at the picture of Joe `Silencer Joe' Kartol. “Whoever can pay them gets their loyalty.”
Kartol had been in jail after running a murder ring for a New York gang, his arrest ending with a chemical fire that almost reached the orphanage. Although Silencer Joe had ended up in prison, his lawyers had been able to cast doubt about how involved he was in the actual murders, despite crime scene evidence, and had managed to drastically reduce his sentence. Unfortunately, a hit man who's been picked up by the cops has a dangerous reputation for taking risky jobs to prove that he's still capable of killing.
“Do we know who hired him?” Dee asked.
“All of his bank transactions are sealed and encoded,” Rose said. “But we're looking into it.”
 
Joe's platinum blonde head leaned back as he sighed, his eyes boredly passing over Dee and Ryo.
“I can't believe you set this up,” he said. “I should have seen it coming.”
“Who hired you?” Ryo asked.
“Yeah, I'm going to answer that,” Joe laughed. “How exactly does this work for you now? Do they wipe that arrest from your record?”
“It's been purged,” Ryo answered. “It was part of an undercover operation.”
Joe nodded and then shook his head.
“A damned obvious one. I just do the job. They panicked when you were `arrested'. They were sure you remembered what had happened.”
Joe's arms crossed as he leaned forward on the table and stared at Ryo.
“But you don't, do you?”
Ryo stared blankly back and Dee slammed his hand loudly on the table.
“Why don't we get back to your interrogation, hmm?” he growled.
“Fine.”
Joe sighed and leaned back in his chair again.
“I did it. Let's make a deal. I'll tell you what happened, and you lighten the sentence.”
His eyes twitched a little as they passed over Ryo again.
“And you drop the attempted murder of a cop. I don't need that hanging over my head when I go to trial.”
 
“We should have done this at the station,” Rose grumbled.
“We've got nothing to bring her in on,” Ryo said quietly.
Rose's hands twitched across his knees and he slumped back into the car seat. Dee glanced back at him and then out at the expensive townhouse that Ryo was parking them in front of.
“Maybe you should wait out here,” Dee suggested cautiously.
Rose's eyes narrowed.
“I'm fine.”
 
Alicia Grant smiled faintly at them as they were seated in her study, her eyes half lidded and distant and clothing still impeccably styled. Carefully manicured nails clicked together and she leaned back comfortably behind her desk.
“How nice to see you all again,” she said. “What can I do for the fine upstanding men of the NYPD?”
“We'd like some information on Joe Kartol,” Ryo said.
“Joe?” Alicia echoed sweetly. “He did some work for me a couple of months ago.”
“A cash deposit from you cleared a lot more recently than that,” Dee said.
Alicia smiled. “He may have waited to deposit it until now, but I assure you that our business concluded quite some time ago.”
“What exactly did he do for you?” Ryo asked.
“He's a contractor.”
“Contract killer,” Dee said.
“No,” Alicia answered with an indulgent smile. “He's a licensed contractor in the state of New York. I hired him to do some building work in one of my company's businesses.”
“Do you have receipts?” Dee asked.
“Of course,” she said with a slight shrug. “My accountant can get them for you, once you supply me with a warrant for them.”
She smiled then and her hands formed a small pyramid as she stared at them.
“There's nothing here, is there?” she asked and her eyes slid to Rose. “No way to get at me. I'll bet it's killing you.”
Rose's jaw tensed, but he didn't say anything.
“What are you doing, Alicia?” Ryo asked softly. “This isn't you. You just wanted to take Leo and leave.”
Alicia's eyes hardened suddenly and her smile was suddenly a mask of coldness.
“But there is no Leo Grant anymore, is there?” she said. “And his killer will never be brought to justice.”
Her eyes flashed at Ryo and Dee.
“All thanks to you, detectives,” she said softly. “Off the record?”
Ryo glanced at Rose and the Commissioner nodded tersely.
Her cold empty smile returned.
“This is all I have left.”