Fake Fan Fiction ❯ Never Had a Boyfriend ❯ A Surprising Encounter ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Legal Disclaimer - I still do not own FAKE, though if I did . . . well, let's not think about that right now . . .

Author's Note - Okay! I'm back with the next installment of "Never had a Boyfriend." Now, I just wanted to say thanks for all the positive reviews that I've received. You guys rock!

Act: 3.0

It was a week after the "incident" that had taken place in the third story boy's bathroom, when a series of interesting events took place. The first happened during 5th period study hall and after that, the events that followed would be like a long line of falling dominoes.

While some kids were throwing paper airplanes or looking at porn on the internet, two students sat working in the far corner of the room, flipping through different newspaper articles ranging from 1996 to date. The more impatient of the two growled in frustration, turning a page so roughly that it almost ripped right out of the three pound blue binder the papers were being kept in. He threw down the book, startling the boy next to him who had seemed to be in deep concentration.

"What's wrong?" Ryo asked, tucking a strand of blonde hair behind his right ear.

"I'll tell you what's wrong! Gibson's bogus assignment! Who in their right mind would assign a three page paper on something that happened God knows when, to a bunch of high school kids?" Dee asked, stretching the sore muscles in his lower legs.

"All we really have to do is go on the internet to look it up but . . ." Ryo trailed off, looking over at the librarian who sat glaring at them.

"It's not my fault that she hates me because I had an overdue book. It wasn't even a book! It was a magazine! National Geographic for cryin' out loud! All I wanted to see was the-" Dee began.

"Naked village ladies," Ryo said dryly, "You and Ted both, ya sick perverts."

"I'm not being perverted . . . I'm learning about their naked culture," Dee replied.

"In other words, you were staring at their-"

"Hey, National Geographic happens to be the most accessible, cheapest porno mag in the world."

"I personally think that you need a hobby."

"And what do you do? Collect stamps?"

"No, that's Drake's thing."

"So what IS your hobby?" Dee inquired, suddenly interested.

"It's called: between school, homework, and a job, there ain't no time for hobbies," Ryo replied, turning his nose back down into an article about goats running wild in Time Square.

"Awww, c'mon. Everyone has a hobby," Dee informed him.

"Everybody except me," Ryo said.

"Naw, c'mon. What do you do when you're not doing all that stuff?" Dee asked.

"I'm either sleeping or eating," Ryo replied with a sigh, "can we get back to work now?"

"No," Dee said, "I really don't want to read about some old, wrinkly guys who did something boring with like, the stock market, or something."

"Well, you're going to have to if you want to pass his class," Ryo said, putting his face closer to the book.

Dee noticed this and leaned over him, casting a shadow onto the book's pages and making it even harder for his friend to read.

"By any chance, do you wear glasses?" Dee asked.

"Maybe," was Ryo's reply.

"Why don't you wear them? It'll spare you the time and a headache," Dee said.

"Because I left them at home," Ryo told him.

"You know, you're a lousy liar," Dee pointed out.

"I wasn't lying," Ryo said, trying to sound convincing even though he had been caught.

"You can't even lie about a lie, can you?" Dee asked.

"Okay already. I think they make me look stupid. So I don't wear them, okay?" Ryo said.

"What about contacts?" Dee inquired.

"Too expensive. Look, let's just get back to work," Ryo said, reading a paragraph on the paper that he had read at least three times.

Dee (who would do anything not to read about dead politicians) sat down and reached for Ryo's backpack. As he started to dig through it, the noise caught the attention of Ryo who gazed upwards from his book, looking confused.

"What are you doing?" he asked, watching as Dee raided some of the pockets on the side of his Jansport.

"Found `em," Dee announced, holding up a black case.

He removed the glasses from their case and handed them to Ryo.

"C'mon. Put them on," Dee said.

"No. I only wear them when I have to," Ryo replied.

"You have to now but you won't admit it. Why won't you wear them?" Dee asked.

"Because they're big and ugly and stupid," Ryo said, sounding angry.

"So what? They're only used to help you see," Dee informed him.

"I can see just fine without them," Ryo retorted, looking back down at his book with a squint.

"No you can't. Stop lying to yourself. You suck at it," Dee said.

"Well excuse me!" Ryo exclaimed.

"Just wear them," Dee said.

"No! I don't want to," Ryo replied.

"Why not?"

"Because."

"Because why?"

"Because I don't!"

"Just wear the stupid glasses!"

"I won't!"

"Why in the HELL not?" Dee practically shouted, earning glares from some of the other students.

"Quiet boys! This is a library!" the librarian said, from across the room.

Dee made a face at her when she turned her head. When he looked back over at Ryo, Dee noticed that his head was in his hands. Moving closer to him, Dee sat beside him; the rest of the room was blocked out by a large bookcase full of newspapers.

"Ryo?" Dee whispered, looking down at him.

"I . . . I won't," Ryo muttered.

"Won't what?" Dee asked.

"I won't wear them . . . around anyone," Ryo said.

"Why not?" he asked.

"Because . . . because they make me look ugly," Ryo replied softly.

"I told you that you were bad at lying," Dee said.

"Huh?" Ryo asked, finally looking up at him.

"Nothing can make you look ugly," Dee replied; Ryo's face flushed.

He took that time to pick up the glasses and put them on his face. Dee peered at him through the lenses, noting that Ryo's eyesight really sucked as he tried to decipher things through a blurry haze.

"See, you don't look ugly. You look blurry. Like a blob. But at least you're a good-looking blob," Dee said, and even through the glasses he could see that Ryo's face turned a deeper shade of pink.

Dee took off the glasses and handed them to Ryo, who accepted them.

"And when I said they make me look ugly, I meant that I look ugly with them on. Not when you wear them," Ryo said.

"It's impossible though. As I said before, nothing can make you look ugly," Dee replied, watching as Ryo put his glasses on.

There was a silence.

"Okay. Take them off. They're creepy. STOP STARING AT ME!! OMIGAWD! They're HORRID!" Dee shouted; Ryo hit him with one of the three-pound binders.

"I told you," he said, taking them off and putting the glasses back into the case.

"I was just kidding," Dee informed him, watching as Ryo turned his head away.

"Yeah. I know. Now let's get back to work," Ryo said, looking down.

"No, really," Dee said seriously, leaning forward.

He cupped Ryo's chin in his hand, forcing him to look Dee in the eye. Dee stroked some hair out of Ryo's eyes, making it easier for him to gaze into those dark pools. Ryo himself, blushed even more as Dee's piercing green eyes stared into his own. Dee appeared determined while Ryo looked somewhere between fright and longing. Either way, Dee was sure that he was going to get somewhere with Ryo.

"Erm . . . Dee . . . I-I," Ryo stuttered, but Dee silenced him by putting a finger to his lips.

Dee leaned forward a little bit more until their noses were touching. Both of their eyes fluttered closed as their lips were about to touch . . . and then the bell rang. But it didn't stop Dee that time and he quickly yet firmly kissed Ryo's soft lips before pulling away.

"D-Dee?" Ryo asked, even though it sounded more like a whimper.

"Are you boys done?" the evil librarian asked, coming from around the bookcase.

What she found were two boys: one looking proud of himself and the other looking like he was impersonating a tomato, and a bunch of scattered newspapers on the floor.

"Clean this up," she said, before walking away.

They did so in silence.

^_^

After cleaning up the mess they had made behind that bookcase, Dee followed Ryo to his locker where he grabbed his lunch before they both went to the cafeteria. Dee immediately ran to get a good spot in the lunch line before all the good stuff got taken (even though he was late and all the good stuff WAS taken) while Ryo went and found his usual seat. He sat down and put his backpack on the floor, watching Drake and Ted play some type of card game.

"You got any fives?" Ted asked, grabbing a fry off his tray.

"Nope. Go fish," Drake replied, sounding bored.

Ted picked up a card from the pile.

"Ooooh! I fished my wish!" he cried, laying down his last pair. "I win."

"Yeah, okay," Drake said, in the: who-gives-a-flying-hoot voice.

"Well hello there," Ted said, turning to face Ryo, "How was Hell?"

"How do you think it was?" Ryo asked, pulling out a plastic black box from his lunch bag.

"Hot," Ted replied.

"You've got that right . . ." Ryo thought; his face heating up.

"How'd the assignment go?" Drake asked.

"Yeah. I hope it's done so I can copy it," Ted said, making a little statue out of Fritos on his plate. "It's the leaning tower of Frita."

"Wasn't she some political reformer in Mexico or something?" Drake asked.

"And the brain doesn't know?" Ted asked, with a dramatic gasp.

"Shaddap," Drake said.

"All I know is that she had a really bad uni-brow," Ted muttered. "ANYWAY, how's that report comin'?"

"It isn't," Ryo replied, opening the box and grabbing a pair of chopsticks from inside of his bag.

"Awww man! I count on you for this type of stuff!" Ted cried, standing up so suddenly that his tower fell over.

"It died," Drake said, observing the wreck.

"Ah, well. The tower of Pizza's gonna fall down eventually," Ted replied with a shrug.

"It's Pisa," Drake corrected.

"Who?" Ted asked.

"It's the Leaning Tower of Pisa, not pizza," Drake informed him.

"Yeah well, same dif," Ted rationalized.

"Not really," Drake murmured.

"But it's in Italy. There's pizza there," Ted said.

"I guess we can't beat that . . ." Drake concluded.

"Beat what?" a voice asked.

They looked up to see Dee take a seat next to Ryo (who blushed for some odd reason) and that he was looking at them with a puzzled expression.

"Pizza," Ted replied, twirling his plastic fork on his plate.

"Um . . . okay . . ." Dee said, looking at Drake for an explanation.

"He's a moron," Drake mouthed to him, and Dee started laughing.

"What?" Ted looked around.

"Nothing," Drake and Dee said in unison.

"Baka . . ." Ryo muttered. (Idiots . . .)

Dee looked over at him and then down at Ryo's lunch. He took his fork and poked at it, getting a rap on the fingers with Ryo's chopsticks.

"Ow . . . you don't have to hit me ya know! I was just wondering what it was," Dee said.

"It's rice with chicken, vegetables, egg, and fish," Ryo replied.

"That sounds like some wicked stir fry. Lemme have some," Dee said, reaching over to grab a bite.

"No," Ryo growled, slapping Dee's hand with his chopsticks again.

"Why not?" Dee whined, giving him some puppy-dog eyes.

"Oh, all right already! I'll share," Ryo broke down and said, putting a little on his plate.

"So, anyways," Ted said, watching Dee scarf down the rice, "how much of your report is done?"

"Not enough. And it's not like I'll let you copy it anyways. I never knew where you got that idea," Ryo replied, taking a thermos out of his bag and pouring some green tea into the lid.

"Let's just say a little birdy told me," Ted said, glaring at Drake who looked around.

"What? Who me? Ghastly! I'd never do such a thing!" Drake feigned.

Ted and Ryo gave him a look that basically said: yeah, like, right.

"Wow! This stuff is so good! Damn!" Dee cried, licking his lips while looking over at Ryo for some more.

"It is?" Ryo asked, sounding dumbfounded.

"Um, yeah! Did your mom make it? Is she, like, a professional cook or something?" Dee asked.

"No, I made it," Ryo said his smile fading a bit.

"Like, OMIGAWD, really?!" Dee asked.

"Yeah. It's no big deal," Ryo replied.

"No big deal? NO BIG DEAL?! You should be a chef or something!" Dee cried.

"Um . . . thanks," Ryo said, trying to keep the blush out of his face.

"You should give lessons or something! Gee, Lynda will be your first customer! All she knows how to make are reservations." Dee said.

"Lynda?" Ted, Drake, and Ryo asked at the same time.

"Is she your stepmother?" Drake asked.

"No, she's my mom," Dee said.

"Huh?" the other three asked.

"Why do you call her by her first name?" Ted asked.

"Well, she's not my real mom," Dee replied.

"Then what is she? A Cocker Spaniel?" Ted asked.

"No, she's my foster mom," Dee said, looking down at his plate.

That moment was the moment of truth for his friends. Dee was wondering how they would take it. He wondered if maybe his friends would think he was lowly, not having any parents.

"Whoa . . . is she hot?" Ted asked, getting hit in the head with Drake's tray.

"Idiot," Drake muttered.

"Huh? I mean, you don't think that's weird? Or below you?" Dee asked quietly.

"Heck no. We don't judge," Drake said and both Ted and Ryo nodded in agreement.

"Your family life doesn't really matter. We'd be friends with you even if your parents were murderers," Ted chipped in.

A silence crept over them.

"Okay, well, we'd be creeped out, but we'd still stick with you," Ted said.

"As long as you don't kill us," Drake pointed out.

Dee laughed, as well as Ted. Drake and Ryo just kinda sat there thinking that it wasn't all THAT funny.

"So, what's you boys got planned for the weekend?" Ted asked.

"Hmmm, tennis matches," Drake said, earning a large sweat drop from everyone at the table.

"Tennis?" Dee asked.

"Like, with the racket things?" Ted inquired.

"No, with our hands," Drake replied sarcastically.

"Wow, really?" Ted asked.

"Yeah," Drake said, rolling his eyes.

"What about you, Ted?" Dee asked.

"I'm going to stay home and eat junk food while playing that new .Hack//SIGN video game," Ted replied, his eyes going glassy.

"Quarantine?" Drake asked.

"Yep," Ted replied.

"I beat it in two days," Drake said.

"You suck . . ." Ted muttered, "Anyways, what up with you Dee?"

"Hmmm . . ." Dee said, thinking long and hard.

~In Dee land . . .

Ryo was lying down on a large bed with his shirt wide open and his tight blue jeans half-way zippered. He looked up into Dee's green eyes with his own dark ones full of passion. A lovely blush stained his pale cheeks.

"Please . . . please be gentle . . . it's my first time . . ." Dream Ryo said.

~In Reality

Dee was blushing but started to laugh really loud. Ryo cocked an eyebrow while Ted and Drake looked scared.

"What's so funny?" Ryo asked.

"This can only mean one thing . . ." Drake muttered.

"Huh?" Ryo asked, ignoring the giggling boy next to him.

"It means that Dee's gonna get laid by a gorgeous girl!" Ted said; Drake hit him again with his lunch tray.

"Hentai . . ." Ryo muttered, cleaning up his lunch. (Pervert . . .)

"You said it," Drake agreed.

"Both of them," Ryo said.

"Yep," Drake sighed.

"Whup!" Ted cried, pivoting his head around, "Beep. Beep. Beep. Beeep. BEeeeeep! BEEEEEEEP!"

"What is that?" Dee asked, pulling himself out of dreamland because he could have sworn he heard an alarm clock.

"It's called Berkdar. It's like radar, only not," Drake explained just as they heard a voice.

"Hiya children," a silky voice said from behind Ted.

"Hiya Satan," Ted replied as sweet as poisoned honey.

Ted then turned around and feigned realization that it was Berkley.

"Oh, I'm sorry. You sounded like someone else," Ted said.

"Can it, Teddy," Berkley barked, walking to stand at the head of their table.

"Gludiusmaximus," Drake muttered.

"What was that?" Berkley asked.

"It basically means that you're an ass," Drake replied with a wave of his hand.

"I'm not too fond of you either," Berkley said snidely.

"Do you wanna start something?" Ted asked, standing up.

Berkley was about a head taller than Ted, making it seem as if Ted was merely one of the munchkins from the Wizard of Oz picking on the Wicked Witch of the West.

"How `bout we just ignore each other?" Ryo asked, earning glares from everyone.

"I wanna settle this with my fists," Ted replied.

"Me too. It'll make me sleep better at night," Drake said.

"Awww. Do you still have your mommy tuck you in at night?" Berkley asked.

"Don't get confused with yourself now Berks," Ted said.

"With what?" he asked.

"With what what?" Ted asked.

"I'm asking you with what?" Berkley said.

"What with you with what?" Ted asked.

"Arg! You are infuriating!" Berkley growled, his face flushing with humiliation.

"Oh yeah. Well you're in-flur-ier-ate-ering too!" Ted replied.

"Whatever you losers," Berkley said, and he stormed away back over to his table.

"Ah, why'd he leave? What'd I do?" Ted asked, feigning innocence.

"You can't compete with stupidity," Drake commented, and Ryo and Dee nodded.

^_^

When Dee went home after school, he arrived at his apartment at 4:23 and let himself in with a really awesome, shagadelic looking key and walked inside. Upon entering, Dee was met with the usual sight he saw everyday when he got home. There were a bunch of brown cardboard boxes in different parts of the room. Mostly, they were in the foyer, where everyone walked in and could run into them. Now, Dee saw them everyday and he got annoyed by them all the time. He figured he should do something about the boxes. But then he decided that he would EVENTUALLY get around to it so he sat down (everyday) and watched the weather channel while eating Eggo waffles with peanut butter on them.

((a/n: ahh . . . the story of my life . . . carry on . . .))

After he watched the weather channel, the really annoying elevator music they played got pretty annoying. Therefore, Dee shut it off and went into his room that was cluttered and covered ceiling to floor in a bunch of posters of random punk-rock bands that he loved. He'd throw his bag down on the floor and begin playing Linkin Park so loud on his stereo that the windows practically shattered.

Then he would sit down at his little desk, where his orange Mac sat underneath a pile of Rolling Stones magazines and empty CD cases, and commence in doing his homework. But, he would look up and see that the computer was off and that it really needed to be on. So Dee would turn it on and then go on the internet where he chatted with all his buddies from California on the AIM.

By the time 5:00 rolled around, Dee had realized that he would miss the show Crank Yankers on Comedy Central if he didn't hurry his sorry butt along. So, Dee would try and write quickly and read all the assigned pages by six. Then, he'd eat dinner and go back to homework for an hour and make it just in time to take a quick shower before sitting down and watching the deranged muppet things make prank calls on people.

But, that day was different. Dee was scrounging for time at about 5:30 when the door opened and he heard the sounds of his foster parents coming home from work. Dee found that odd, since they normally didn't come home until 6-ish and they never came home together. There was a knock at his door.

"Come in," Dee said, sounding as if he didn't care.

A man stuck his head in, his coffee brown eyes locking onto Dee at his desk. He stepped in all the way and stood before his adoptive son. The man was tall, between 6'3'' to 6'5'' and was very lean and slender. He had jet black hair, similar to Dee's own, and a matching thin mustache.

"Oh hey, Jess," Dee said, "What's up?"

"Dee," Jess said, going to sit down on Dee's bed.

Dee turned around in his little wheelie chair and watched as Jess sat down on the edge of his bed, removing an empty box of Fruit Rollup from underneath of him. Jess looked up and him with a serious expression.

"Okay, who died?" Dee asked; Jess laughed.

"No one died. I'm just here to tell you that tonight, you have to dress nicely," Jess said.

"Huh?" Dee asked, looking dumbfounded.

"You don't remember?" Jess asked.

"Refresh my memory . . ." Dee said.

"Tonight is the night that you and me have to dress up like a bunch of sorry-ass losers and attend a long, grueling dinner with some of Lynda's richy bitch friends," Jess replied, looking as though he'd rather go through six weeks of elective dental surgery than attend a dinner with a bunch of lawyers who only talked about golf and the stock market.

"Can't I stay home?" Dee whined.

"Hey, I already tried that. Lynda said that she wanted `her loving family' to come so that she can show us off like artifacts in a museum," Jess said.

"But I have homework," Dee informed him, knowing schoolwork would always get him out of everything he didn't want to do because his parents wanted him to have a good education.

"Yeah. So? Whaddaya want me to do about it?" Jess asked.

Dee always respected Jess because he was so straight-forward and to the point. He never sugar coated anything. But sometimes, he could show a little bit of mercy. Dee told him that and Jess replied that "six years of being a cop drained me of all mercy" and, knowing that it was a losing battle, Dee obliged and went into his closet to find something to wear that wasn't black with some type of smart-ass saying on it.

After about a half-an-hour, Lynda was rapping on his door and asking to see what he was wearing. She looked him up and over about three times before saying that he looked fine (and mighty handsome) in a black collared shirt with a blood-red tie to match. He wore tan khaki slacks and his dirty sneakers that had the words "Berkley is a FAG" written all over them.

Lynda herself was wearing a black sequined gown with her blonde hair pulled back in a bun held tight with a pair of raven chopstick looking things. Her green eyes were lined with dark eyeliner and mascara. A shade of purple-blue sparkle eye shadow was on her lids and red lipstick was on her lips. Her 5th Anniversary diamond hung on a gold chain around her neck.

Jess was sitting on the couch, looking bored out of his brains and a little upset that he had to wear such fancy clothes after a long day at work. He had on a white shirt with a black tie and matching jacket, slacks, and shoes. Jess had also slicked his hair back so that he didn't look like he had just been hanging his head out the window of a speeding truck.

"Let's go!" Lynda said, and both men just groaned in response.

^_^

Once they arrived at the restaurant (at about 7:30-ish) they had their car valet parked for them before they entered through a pair of golden French doors. It was a really fancy looking place, with the marble floor and crystal chandeliers. Dee felt like he was in some rich person's house and that if he even walked too close to anything, it would break and then he'd have to pay for it.

They walked up to the podium thing where a man was leaning over some papers while talking on the phone and scribbling things down. Once he hung up, his gaze traveled upwards and Dee let his jaw drop to the floor.

Standing in front of him in a spiffy little waiter's outfit, staring at him with those dark eyes through sandy colored bangs, was none other than Mr. Randy "Ryo" McLane. He overcame his shock quicker than Dee did and smiled at all three of them.

"Welcome to the Rose Garden," He said, "I'm Ryo and I'll be your server this evening."

^o^

After Talk with: The Random Queen

Well, that went in a direction that I wasn't planning on 0_o;; But, I think that Ryo would look so cute dressed up as a waiter. -imagines him with a little bowtie- Ooooh! Kawaii!!

I'm sorry about the lack of updates. I'm in a bit of a jam with this stupid assignment that my English teacher assigned to me. I have to write like . . . 10 different things for this one man who hates my guts -_- I hate my life. -sigh- He doesn't like me writing!!!! -passes out pitchforks- Let's get him!!!

And yes, I will be bringing Bikky and Carol back into the story eventually. They were just kinda there in the beginning chapter. I'd say you'll start hearing about them in the next chapter but I won't be writing about them for a while. Believe me, I got the whole thing planned out (for once).

Just another small thank you:

I just wanted to say again that I really appreciate the feedback on this fic. I knew from the start that AU fics never really got that much attention, but I posted anyway because I just think that the boys in HS have more problems with peer pressure and their families and everything. Kids have more problems than adults sometimes, but we get through it because of our friends, and that's what I want to show from this fic (and maybe a bit more -wink wink-).

Parting Words and The Bribe:

Well, thanks for reading my fic. But the major thing is that you review! I like hearing comments about my fic and I enjoy reading stories by my reviewers! I'm always ready to lend some time to read some of your awesome fics out there!

Now remember, flames will be used to burn Pokemon cards in my backyard. Nice reviews will be rewarded with this really awesome Orange Juilius drink thing I just made. It's really good! I swear! -passes out chocolate chip muffins- Thanks for all the reviews!!!

~The Random Queen

Thanks and see you soon!!!!