Fake Fan Fiction ❯ Never Had a Boyfriend ❯ The Long Kiss Goodnight ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Legal Disclaimer - I still do not own FAKE and I never will unless it is put up on EBAY for sale.

Author's Note - I'm baaaaaack! Aren't you excited?

Act: 4.0

Ryo showed the group to a nice table in the center of the room that had many chairs around it. As they took their seats, they were handed menus and told about the special house wine for that evening. Lynda told Ryo that they were expecting an add-on to their party.

"And what is their reservation under?" Ryo asked, trying to ignore the gestures from Dee who was sitting behind her.

"I believe they put their name under `Spacey', I'm not sure," Lynda replied.

"I'm pretty sure that I have a reservation for a `Spacey' party of eight," Ryo said, scratching his head and trying to remember.

"Well, if you see them, could you send them over?" Lynda asked with a smile, smacking Jess's hand that was taking the salt shaker and pouring its contents all over the table.

"Yes Ma'am," Ryo said, and left to go mingle somewhere else.

"What is Ryo doing in a place like this?" Dee wondered, looking down at himself, "What am I doing in a place like this?"

"What are we doing in a place like this?" Jess asked, voicing Dee's question aloud.

"We're going to be eating with some big-time people with big-time money," Lynda replied, "They're friends of mine, so be nice! Actually, one of them owns this restaurant. Pretty nifty, huh?"

"Hmph. I hate richy bitch people," Jess muttered, resting his head on the palm of his hand.

Dee nodded in agreement, looking around the room at all the old people in the room that were dressed in clothes that they'd only wear once that cost more than a Ferrari. As he was watching some fat lady drink a whole glass of champagne in one gulp, Dee saw Ryo weaving his way in and out of people and chairs with a tray of alcoholic drinks. Their eyes met for a moment, and Ryo looked away before he could stare at Dee for too long. Dee stood up as Ryo walked away towards the other side of the restaurant.

"Where are you going Dee?" Lynda asked, watching him leave.

"Bathroom," Dee muttered, chasing down Ryo's invisible path.

He passed a divider of some really bad art and then into the foyer area where they had first entered. Dee looked down at the marble and saw his reflection. Then, he started to aimlessly walk around in hopes of finding Ryo. All he found was more people on the other side of the foyer and a bunch of naked statues. Just about to give up hope, Dee was going to head back to his table when he saw a glimpse of blonde hair pass behind him in the room over.

Running to the doorway, Dee looked and saw Ryo walking along the wall to a back room. Rushing after him, he found that Ryo had disappeared into the room that was for servers only. Therefore, Dee waited (while fidgeting excessively) until Ryo walked unsuspectingly into his grasp, nearly dropping his tray of lobster.

"Ryo, what in the world is going on?" Dee asked, sounding more like a mother than a friend.

"Dee . . . I-I . . . I have to go," Ryo rushed off and delivered the food to the table before exiting the room and heading into the foyer; Dee followed.

In the entrance hall, Ryo was talking on the phone and writing down reservations; Dee lingered behind him impatiently. Once he was through, Ryo whirled around to face him.

"Dee, just . . . just go sit down, okay?" he asked.

"No, you're going to tell me what's going on," Dee said, grabbing onto Ryo's upper arms and leading him away from the podium.

"Dee! Stop it! You're going to get me fired!" Ryo exclaimed, as Dee dragged him down the entrance hall and into the men's bathroom in the far corner.

Inside, there were mahogany painted walls and potpourri around the sink. A man was washing his hands and then he left past them. Once the door closed, Dee lessened his grip on Ryo.

"Just tell me what's going on," Dee said.

"I'm sorry," Ryo murmured, lowering his head.

"That doesn't answer my question. What are you doing here?" Dee asked.

"I work here," Ryo replied, still looking down.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Dee asked.

"It's not like you asked," Ryo said.

Dee sighed, removing his hands from Ryo's shoulders.

"Look at me, Ryo," Dee commanded; he did not look up.

"I . . . I-I have to get back to work," Ryo replied quietly, and started to walk to the door.

"Ryo, why won't you look at me?" Dee asked, grabbing onto his arm.

"You . . . You wouldn't understand," Ryo said, wiggling his arm free.

"Wha?" Dee asked, watching as Ryo went to the door and opened it.

"I'll have Bethany take your table," he replied, still looking down. "Goodnight, Dee."

And with that he left, leaving Dee standing all alone in the middle of the bathroom. He sighed and decided to leave as well, walking numbly back to his table. When he arrived there, Dee was in for his second shock of the evening. Sitting at the table, dressed formally and expensively, were none other than his two arch rivals: Berkley Rose and Diana Spacey.

"W-W-What in the Hell?!" Dee said loudly, getting glares from other tables.

"Dee! Watch your mouth!" Lynda snapped.

Dee sat down and disregarded her. Diana waved and smiled prettily, while Berkley sat there with a cold expression as he fiddled with his steak knife. Dee was sure that Berkley was counting the ways that he could cause bodily harm (or just plain death) to Dee with that weapon.

"It's good to see you again, Dee," Berkley said, with an extra hint of loathing.

"Oh really? The pleasure isn't mine, I assure you," Dee replied.

A sharp jab in his ribs reminded Dee that it wasn't just he and his arch enemies sitting there, but their families as well. Figuring that he might as well sugar-coat everything, Dee sat down and forced a smile. But his eyes read murder.

0_o

All through dinner, Dee had to listen to a bunch of boring conversations. Most of them had to do with the stock market or work-orientated things. But, all the topics had one thing in common: they were all ragging on someone or something. A lot of the targets were young people who didn't know "what the Hell they were doing" and a bunch of upper class "bitchy" people who were only in it for the big bucks and not looking out for the well being of society.

As dinner ended there was a lot of talk on Social Security by Berkley and Diana's grandmother and grandfather and how much they had to pay for medication. Dee didn't see why this was a problem because they seemed to have a whole lot of money, owning the restaurant and all. Berkley's mother and father (James and Martha) were going on about their other son, Marvin, who was currently in the U.S. Navy; Berkley appeared to be a little peeved about the whole thing.

Dee liked Diana's parents (Greg and Cindy) because they were both hard-working citizens who loved the Los Angeles Dodgers. He and Jess had interesting conversations with them, along with Diana as well, who seemed to be a die-hard fan.

As Dee and Diana were trying to figure out who had the most sports-related fan junk, Dee noticed that Berkley was looking even more peeved than before. Dee couldn't help but smile at the Junior with inward satisfaction. But, just as Dee was getting too comfortable, Berkley smiled creepily. He stood and said that he was headed towards the bathroom before departing. Dee raised an eyebrow. Did Berkley ALWAYS smile like that when he had to go take a piss?

"I'd follow him ya know," Diana said.

"Why would I want to go watch him take a-" Dee began, but stopped when Diana took his head in her hands and turned it around.

At what Dee saw, he felt himself begin to growl. Standing in the entranceway, he watched as Berkley talked with Ryo (who was dressed in normal attire) and then did as Dee had done, and grabbed his upper arms before dragging him out of sight.

"He's gonna do something to your man," Diana informed him; Dee stood up so quickly that he almost knocked the table over.

Excusing himself, Dee left the table and went to hunt down Berkley. Diana smiled evilly and smothered a giggle in her hand. Oh yes, the beginning of her plan was working out perfectly . . .

^_^

Dee tromped up to where he had seen Berkley and Ryo standing and then went the way that they had headed. He ended up back at the bathroom where he and Ryo had been talking earlier. Pushing open the door quietly, Dee listened to the voices from inside.

"W-What is it?" Ryo asked hesitantly.

"What do you mean by, `what is it?' Ryo?" Berkley asked silkily.

"Whatever it is, make it quick. I have to catch my bus," was his agitated sounding reply.

"Quick, huh?" Berkley's voice asked huskily.

There was the sound of a person being pinned to the wall.

"Hey! Stop it! Let go!" Ryo cried.

"What do you mean, Ryo?" Berkley asked, dropping his voice a little.

"I'll scream! Don't put it past me I'll-" he began, but was cut off suddenly.

"Let me ask you something," Berkley whispered, putting his face closer to Ryo's, "what would happen if you lost this job?"

"Are you blackmailing me?" Ryo asked.

"You never answered the question," Berkley informed him.

"Well . . . I'd . . ." Ryo muttered, letting the sentence hang in the air.

In that silence, Berkley smiled and cupped Ryo's chin in his hand. Roughly forcing him to look up, Ryo tried to glare at Berkley in the eyes. But, he found that his eyes just couldn't meet Berkley's and that they were glaring more at this really horrid picture on the wall of a sailboat. To think, they'd call that "art" . . .

"What would happen, Ryo?" Berkley repeated, removing his hand from Ryo's chin and using that to play with a strand of loose blonde hair that kept falling in front of those dark eyes.

"I would be forced to get another job somewhere else," Ryo replied, not liking the predatory look in Berkley's eyes.

When he said that, Berkley's knee came up to rest in-between Ryo's legs, pinning him to the mahogany wall even more. Ryo began to squirm and therefore, Berkley grasped both of his wrists in a pincer-like grip. Just as Dee had told him to, Ryo was going to fight and show Berks that he didn't want to take it anymore. He resisted the harsh grasp and started to flail. Berkley applied more pressure, stopping all of Ryo's movements completely. He started to move his face closer and closer to Ryo . . . .

*WHAM*

Berkley pulled away and let Ryo slide down onto the floor. Both of them were clutching their heads.

"What was that?!" Berkley cried, rubbing the offensive area with his fingers.

"Ow . . ." was Ryo's reply.

"You didn't have to headbutt me! God dammit! That freaking hurts!" Berkley went on, leaning against the opposite wall.

"Well maybe you shouldn't have been blackmailing him," Dee said, walking into the bathroom.

Berkley glared at him. It was kind of funny to see him looking all tough when he had this large red welt forming on his head. Ryo just sat on the floor, blinking frequently and tying to clear his eyesight.

"Plus there was assault and sexual harassment," Dee continued with a smirk, "Those are some serious charges."

((A/N: Heh, Law and Order DOES pay off sometimes, huh?))

"Well thank you Mr. I'm-a-cop," Berkley replied dryly.

"Hey, you'd better be kissing my feet so I don't tell. This whole thing could ruin your little good-boy image with your parents," Dee threatened.

"Hmph. All they care about is `Marvin-this,' and `Marvin that' so they really wouldn't give a shit," Berkley said, almost sounding sad.

"Outshined? Hmph. That's the lamest excuse I've ever heard," Dee muttered.

Berkley was just about to retaliate with something when Ryo stood up and started to stumble towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Dee asked.

"I don't have time to watch you two girls fight right now. I have to go home, so have fun and try not to kill each other," Ryo said, and left.

Berkley and Dee looked at each other before running after him, pushing and jumping in front of the other in order to get there first. Their advances were cut off when their families emerged from the dining room while saying their goodbyes. Berkley was dragged away with Diana ("We'll see you at school tomorrow!" she had called before leaving) and the group left to pick up their car.

((A/N: Note to y'all, the day is Thursday. The next day is Friday and then it's Saturday. Just to clear up any confusion with the people who think that this takes place on a Friday.))

"I'll bet you five bucks that their car is either a limo or a Hummer," Jess muttered as they were leaving through the French doors to the restaurant.

"Nah. Mercedes, easy," Lynda said.

They watched as a yellow Hummer pulled into the valet area and the Spacey's and the Rose's got in. Jess smiled triumphantly as Lynda fished through her bag before slapping a five dollar bill into his hand. As the Hummer drove away, a black Explorer pulled into its place. Lynda got into the passenger side as Jess tipped the valet man and jumped into the driver's seat. Dee was just about to get into the back, when a flash of honey-blonde hair caught his eye.

"Dee? Hello?" Lynda called.

"Earth to Dee, over," Jess said from the front seat, a lighter in his hand and a cigarette in his mouth.

"Hold up a minute," Dee replied, before running out from underneath the canopy of the valet parking/pick-up place.

He ran down the brick driveway to the front of the restaurant that faced the street and Dee saw that there was a person standing in the middle of the road.

"Ryo?" he called out to him.

Ryo's head turned and his eyes fell upon Dee; he slowly began walking towards him.

"Why were you out in the middle of the road?" Dee asked when Ryo was standing in front of him.

"Because the freaking bus driver couldn't wait one more freaking minute," Ryo replied hotly.

"Therefore . . . you ran after it?" Dee said hesitantly.

"Yeah, but after a block or two, you never catch it. Believe me . . ." Ryo muttered.

"Maybe that's your hobby. Running after buses that you missed," Dee suggested; Ryo rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, like, right. My life is so dull that I get my kicks running after a Greyhound," Ryo replied sarcastically.

((A/N: Do they have Greyhounds in NY? If they don't . . . bear with me here . . .))

"You never know . . ." Dee said.

A honk from behind Dee told him that their conversation was over. Jess rolled down the window of the Explorer, his hand holding a cigarette was the only thing visible until he stuck his head out.

"Dee, we don't have all night ya know," he informed Dee, taking a drag.

"Yeah, yeah," Dee muttered. "I know!"

"Then get your ass moving mister!" Jess said.

Dee growled before turning back to Ryo.

"I guess that's my ride," Dee shrugged; Ryo nodded.

"See ya tomorrow," Ryo said, before walking away.

"Hey!" Dee called out to him after a moment's thought.

"What?" Ryo asked, halfway down the sidewalk.

"How are you getting home?" Dee asked.

"Walking. How else will I get there? Fly?" Ryo replied.

"You want a ride?" Dee inquired.

"No, it's okay. I don't want to inconvenience you," Ryo said, and turned to continue on his way.

"It's okay. We'll drive you home. How far do you live?" Dee asked.

"Far. I just have to get to the subway. It's a couple blocks; I'll be okay," he replied.

Jess honked the horn again; Dee went up to the car.

"Jess, take a drive around the block," Dee said.

"Wha? Why? If we leave right now, we can catch Law and Order," Jess whined.

"Just do it. And be ready to drive Ryo home," Dee commanded.

"What are you? My master?" Jess asked.

"No. I just don't want him to walk through a bad part of town, at night, in the cold, just to get home. What if he gets shot or mugged or something? Then we have to live with the fact that we could've done something about it," Dee explained.

"Fine. But when I come around, you better jump in this car or else I'll leave ya," Jess said.

"Okay. And, thanks," Dee replied.

Jess pulled out of the driveway and so did about, thirteen other cars. Dee jumped in front of a Porsche to run after Ryo, who was waiting to cross the street at the end of the sidewalk.

"Wait! Ryo!" Dee cried, as Ryo was about to cross.

Ryo waited and turned to look at Dee.

"Is there something you forgot?" he asked.

"No, nothing like that. Jess said that he'd drive you home," Dee said.

"Why?" Ryo asked, tilting his head to the side.

"He's a cop, and he knows that it's pretty bad in New York to be walking around at night. Plus there's the fact that you don't look like you could put up a decent fight . . ." Dee muttered the last part.

"And what in the Hell is that supposed to mean?" Ryo asked, agitated.

"I just meant that you look tired," Dee said.

And it wasn't a lie either. Ryo's face was pale, paler than usual, and his whole form seemed strained and tired. Dee could see dark circles forming under his eyes and that his eyes in general appeared to be dull, unlike the usual shimmer that they normally held.

"Well, it's work. Of course I'm tired," Ryo replied, running his hands over his face.

"Then, come with us," Dee said, holding out his hand.

Ryo stared at it for a moment and just as Jess pulled the car up (with a taxi behind him that was honking loudly), Dee grabbed Ryo's hand and they both jumped inside. As Jess began to drive, Lynda introduced herself and Jess (whose head was hanging out the window as he cussed at a red Nissan that had just cut him off.)

"And he's a cop?" Ryo whispered to Dee from behind his hand.

"Yep," Dee replied.

"I feel so safe . . ." Ryo muttered; Dee started to crack up.

"So, Ryo, was it? How old are you?" Lynda asked, making some conversation.

"I'm 16," Ryo replied, watching as Jess flipped some other driver off.

"Crazy women drivers . . ." Jess murmured.

"And what is it you do, Mrs. Latener?" Ryo inquired; Lynda beamed at how polite he was.

"Well, I'm a CEO of a major television industry," she replied proudly.

"Really? My aunt is a photographer. Though, right now she's more into the National Geographic scene," Ryo said.

"I love that magazine . . ." Dee murmured; Ryo's eye twitched.

^_^

Ryo told them where he lived, which was right near where the Latener's did too. They lived close enough, but yet far enough to be one subway stop apart. He had said that it would have been okay to just go to their apartment and let him walk the rest of the way. He finally got Jess and Lynda to agree, but only if Dee walked with him (equipped with Lynda's cell phone, of course.)

"But I've inconvenienced you enough for one night," Ryo insisted.

"I don't care," Dee said.

"See? Anyway honey, we don't want you to get hurt," Lynda informed him.

"Oh, so it's okay if I get hurt right?" Dee asked.

"Yeah, we have insurance on you," Lynda replied; Dee growled.

Ryo sweat dropped at the comment.

"We're just teasing you know," Jess said, getting out of the car.

"Yeah, I hope so anyways . . ." Ryo replied, also jumping out.

Jess leaned up against the back of the car and pulled out another cigarette. As he was lighting it, Lynda and Dee came around from the other side; Lynda crossed her arms and even in the dim light of the parking garage, Ryo could see that she was frowning.

"When will you ever stop?" she asked.

"Stop what?" Jess replied, looking at her.

"Smoking," Lynda said.

"Yeah man, it's lung cancer on a stick," Dee chipped in.

"Don't you have somewhere to be?" Jess asked, sounding slightly annoyed.

"We're going, we're going," Dee muttered.

Ryo put his backpack on (that was obviously carrying his clothes from that evening) and bowed slightly to both Lynda and Jess; he thanked them graciously for the ride.

"No problem," Jess said, taking a drag.

"Anything to help," Lynda replied with a smile.

"C'mon, let's go," Dee said, pulling Ryo along with him.

"Um . . . okay," Ryo murmured.

"Be careful you two!" Lynda called after them.

"We will!" Dee shouted back.

"And thank you again!" Ryo said as they got into the elevator that would bring them to the ground floor.

A silence passed between Lynda and Jess, the only sound was when Jess exhaled some smoke through his nose.

"What a nice boy," Lynda commented.

"Hmmm," Jess agreed, throwing the cigarette down onto the ground where he stomped on it.

"It seems that Dee's taken a liking to him as well," Lynda went on.

"Yeah, so?" Jess asked, reaching for another smoke; she smacked his hand.

"Do you think Dee . . . you know . . . likes him like that?" Lynda asked.

"Like what?" he asked, playing with his lighter.

"Like THAT," she replied, putting emphasis on the word.

"Oh. I dunno," Jess said.

"Hmmm . . . I'll bet he does," she murmured.

"So what if he does?" Jess asked, "I'm not bothered by it."

"Me neither," Lynda said.

Another silence passed between them. Jess was annoyed that he couldn't smoke so he clicked his lighter irritably; it's sound echoing in the parking garage.

"Maybe we should conveniently be away this weekend," Lynda commented, sounding a bit sly.

"Why?" Jess asked, running his hand through his hair while looking up at his wife.

"I dunno. To give them some ALONE time," she replied with a giggle.

"Uh-oh. Does this mean that I have to give Dee the sex talk again?" Jess asked.

They both shared a laugh on that one. But then they both stopped and looked at each other with worried expressions.

"Well, maybe one more time wouldn't hurt," Lynda said.

0_o

When Dee and Ryo finally arrived at the apartment building, it was almost 11:00. They then trudged up about nine flights of stairs to reach room number 303. Ryo fumbled with his key with numb fingers as he inserted it into the lock and the door opened with a small click.

"Do you want something hot before you go?" Ryo asked, pushing the door open.

Inside, Dee could see that it was a very small apartment, but very clean and tidy looking. Everything was either white or black or grey and it made the rooms look very lonely and cold.

"No, I don't want to wake your parents," Dee replied, putting his hands into his pockets.

"No one's home," Ryo said.

At first, Dee would have thought of that as an invitation; that maybe Ryo wanted a little "sumthan sumthan" out of him that night. But it wasn't, and Dee could tell by the sad, far-away look in Ryo's dark eyes.

"Are they away on business?" Dee pried.

"No," was Ryo's answer.

Dee didn't press the subject any farther, as it seemed to have a very depressing effect on his friend.

"Oh, well . . . I'd better be heading back. Don't want Lynda to work herself into a hairball or nuthin'," Dee said; Ryo smiled.

"Yeah, I guess you should," he agreed, "Thanks for walking me home."

"No prob," Dee replied with a grin.

"Well, then, goodnight," Ryo said.

Dee reached out and gently touched Ryo's cheek; at the contact, Ryo blushed heavily.

"Um . . . Dee . . .?" Ryo asked hesitantly; Dee moved his face closer to Ryo's until they were nose-to-nose.

"Can I . . . kiss you?" Dee asked, causing Ryo to blush even more.

"You never asked before," Ryo replied, adverting Dee's eyes.

"Yeah, but I don't want to jump on you like that creepy Berkley guy," Dee explained; Ryo smiled.

"So for once someone is considering my feelings?" Ryo asked.

"Yeah, and the choice is yours," Dee said, waiting expectantly for Ryo's answer.

"I've never been given a choice before," Ryo informed him.

"Well now you have one," Dee replied, wondering why Ryo kept skirting around the question.

"But I'm very indecisive," Ryo said with a small smile.

"Just tell me what you think feels right," Dee whispered.

"What feels right?" Ryo murmured.

He wasn't sure what to think. A part of Ryo was telling him that this was wrong. It was wrong to be in this situation with another male. But another part was nagging at him to accept the kiss and see if he'd like it. Maybe that would explain why he never really had an interest in girls, and even when he did, why he couldn't keep a girlfriend for very long. Then he thought of the word "gay" being used to describe him and Ryo didn't like it at all. But, he was always told never to care what other people thought. It didn't matter what they said because they didn't understand. But . . . people's influences were stronger on him than he thought. He was worried.

"I . . ." Ryo began; Dee waited.

If no one knows, would that be all right? Would it suffice that no one knew and no one would find out? Wouldn't that be lying? Would that be living in a lie? What would happen? Would his life be ruined just because he was curious?

"Yes, Ryo?" Dee asked.

That one small part kept tugging at the back of his brain. It kept telling him to just go for it. Just to go for it, not worry about the ending for once and live a little. It was a very rash way to think; Ryo never neglected to think ahead. But . . . it was just one kiss, right?

" . . . . yes . . ." Ryo murmured.

"What?" Dee asked, not catching what he had just said.

"You can, if you . . . if you still want to," Ryo replied, his face flushing crimson.

Dee gently cupped Ryo's chin, allowing both of them to stare into the other's eyes. Stroking Ryo's cheek, Dee leaned in a bit further until they could both feel the heat of each other's breaths. Their eyes fluttered closed as their lips were pressed together for their first "real" kiss. Dee's tongue flicked out and licked Ryo's lower lip to allow him access. When Ryo did not comply, Dee stepped up his efforts and nibbled on Ryo's lips, hoping to get him flustered enough to silently gasp. That happened, and Dee slipped his tongue into Ryo's mouth. He started to explore, as Ryo became a bit adventurous too and shyly, but surely, entered into Dee's mouth.

As their kiss continued on, Dee found that his arms were more comfortable around Ryo's waist. Ryo himself discovered a perfect spot on Dee's shoulders for his hands. For how long they kissed, it seemed like hours when it was really only a matter of minutes before Dee pulled away. They rested their foreheads against each other as they panted for a moment of two, trying to collect themselves; Dee regained himself first.

"Goodnight," Dee whispered, giving him a small kiss on the forehead.

He turned and headed towards the stairs, leaving Ryo leaning on the doorframe outside of his apartment.

" . . . Goodnight, Dee . . ." Ryo replied breathlessly.

Ryo heard the sound of Dee's footsteps dying away on the stairwell and he slid down to sit on the floor. He ran his hands over his face several times, trying desperately to get the redness to disappear. He also tried to keep his shaking under control.

"Where'd Dee learn how to kiss like that?" Ryo wondered, "He's very good . . ."

Blushing even more at the fact that he was now RATING how well Dee kissed, Ryo decided that maybe he would go and take a cold shower. He looked down at the small bulge in his jeans and turned many different shades of scarlet.

"Noooo . . . bad . . . IT WAS JUST A KISS!" Ryo yelled out loud, startling himself at how loud his voice was.

A door opened from down the hallway and an old, balding guy came out in his plaid bathrobe and slippers holding a baseball bat. He was staring at him disapprovingly.

"Don't tell me your whole life story son," he said, before heading back into his apartment.

Ryo sweat dropped and sat there for a moment before he ran to go and take that cold shower.

^_-

After talk with - The Random Queen :

Okay, well . . . this chapter was VERY hard to write. Probably one of the hardest. It doesn't sound like it flows to me, but I decided to post it because I'm sure you guys are sick of waiting. Gomen ne!

About the Characters . . . . . . . . .

As for Diana . . . sheesh. She is so evil. To tell you the truth, she's developing a whole plan for them on her own! I've lost control! And yes, I KNOW THAT I MADE BERKLEY EVIL but it isn't my fault. There must be conflict. But don't worry, he'll change his tune and start something . . . different very soon.

JJ will be arriving in a chapter or two. I know everyone's all like: "Well it's about time, woman! Je-su-s!" but what I want to do is establish a sort of bond between Ryo and Dee before I bring him in. I need Dee to sort of gain his trust, but Ryo questions it when JJ shows up and then there's going to be a huge conflict over that! So . . . yeah.

And, yes, in my fic, Dee's parents know that he is . . . controversial. They don't mind it or anything (unlike my parents who would disown me) and they like the fact that Dee is getting along "so well" with all of his new friends.

I'm sure all of ya all are wondering about Ryo's gig with his parents and the cold house and everything, right? Well, I would give it away, but then you wouldn't have anything to wonder about until I update, now would ya?

PLEASE READ THIS IT DETERMINES A LATER CHAPTER!!

Okay, I was wondering if you all wanted a LEMON or a LIME in this story. To tell you the truth, I was hoping to keep it a LIME but I've had a couple of requests to have a LEMON. So here's the deal. Read the following descriptions and scroll down.

LIME: A lime is when you basically know this. The main characters are lusting for each other. They want each other in a very sexual way. So, clothes are shed, there is a lot of heavy breathing, and then . . . the world blows up or the Cubs win the World Series and they have to put their love life on pause because of whatever.

LEMON: A lemon is when you know this. The main characters are practically drowning in sexual desire and they decide that they want their milk and cookies. They go all the way, the whole nine yards, they get their "sumthan sumthan" as I say it. There are very descriptive scenes and some bodily fluids along with some kissing and more heavy breathing. And then . . . well . . . that's the end unless they decide to do it again in the morning!

So, now that we know what we're dealing with, please choose. I was hoping to keep this PG-13, but I'll put extra warnings on the chapter for the squeamish or underage (and if you're underage you really shouldn't be reading FAKE, but whatever . . .)

Cut to the deal: Vote for what you want. If I get one review, ONE review/email that says the person wants a LIME, then I will keep it a LIME and not go onto the LEMON. Kapeesh?

Parting Words and The Bribe:

Well, thanks for reading (or coming back to read) this installment for my fic, Never Had a Boyfriend. You've all been so supportive! -passes out Orange Julius drinks to everyone- Ain't they good?

Flames will be used to burn our Christmas tree that is still sitting in our living room long after the holiday. All nice reviews will be rewarded with these really awesome, really yummy, super-duper Oreo bar thingers that I made in home economics class. Sooooo good . . . . .

~The Random Queen

Thanks and See you soon!!!!