Fake Fan Fiction ❯ Never Had a Boyfriend ❯ Quality Time ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Legal Disclaimer - I still do not own FAKE. Do I look like Sanami Matoh to you? If I do . . . go and freaking get your eyes checked.

Author's Brief Note - I should really be doing, as my mom would say, "Something constructive with my time" and that means chores, but I decided to put up the next installment for this fic because I was very pleased with the turn-out! Thanks for all the positive reviews!!!!

Act: 5.0

On Friday afternoon, during 9th period math, everyone (including the teacher, Miss Sudnick) was ready to kick off the weekend. Therefore, Miss Sudnick arranged the students into teams where they then commenced in a rather loud game of "Buzz." Whichever team figured out the answer (to a very difficult math problem) first had to scream out "buzz!" before another team could and earn themselves points. All the points ended up being traded in for pixy sticks and other sugary-high foods that would make the kids hyper when they went home to annoy their parents.

Ryo, Dee, and Ted were placed in a group called, "Yellow."

"Oh yeah, real original. Yellow. Who came up with that?" Ted asked.

"I did," Miss. Sudnick replied, walking past him to the board.

"Ohhhh," Ted muttered, "I see how it is. She doesn't trust us to make up names."

"I wouldn't trust us either," Ryo commented.

"Yeah, we'd probably end up being the Horny Hotdogs or something," Dee said with a grin; Ryo flushed slightly.

"Hell no. Something more classy. Like . . . the Red Hot Pussy Lickers," Ted replied, his eyes going glassy.

"There's something wrong with that . . ." Ryo said.

"Yep . . ." Dee agreed, watching as Ted laughed himself into next week.

"Are you finished yet?" Miss Sudnick asked, pausing a moment from writing the question on the overhead.

"We are, he isn't," Dee said, pointing at Ted.

"Mr. Hughes," Miss Sudnick said; Ted stopped laughing and looked at her.

"Please don't send me to the Room of Doom!" Ted cried, getting down on one knee and bowing to her; a couple kids laughed.

"I was just going to say . . . keep it to yourself," she informed him, before going back to her problem.

"All righty then," Ted replied, getting up to sit back in his seat.

"Great . . . now everyone thinks that Yellow is nuts . . ." Dee muttered.

"Isn't that a song?" Ryo asked, thinking hard.

"Yeah, by Coldplay I think . . ." Dee replied, trying to remember.

"OH! Yellow Snow! Yellow snow! Like when dogs go out and-" Ted began, but was cut off when Miss Sudnick gave him a cold glare that sent him cowering under his desk in fear.

"Okay people, this is the problem. Figure it out," she said, before turning on the overhead so that everyone could see it.

Dee, Ted, and Ryo gaped at it. It was some long-ass word problem that had to do with a bicycle and its front and back wheels had a diameter of 68in and the arm of the pedal had a radius of 21in and she wanted to know how many times the tires and the pedals would rotate in 5km.

"I wish that Drake was here . . ." Dee muttered, pulling out a piece of paper and trying to figure it out.

"Me too. You figure out the tires, and I'll do the pedals," Ryo said; Dee nodded.

Ted looked around and then at them.

"Can I help?" he asked.

"Hey, we didn't ask you because we knew you wouldn't help any," Dee pointed out.

"Oh. Really?" Ted asked.

"Yeah," Dee replied with a nod.

"Hmph. Always pick on the guy who has no brain . . ." Ted murmured.

"And is gullible to boot," Dee added.

"I'm not gullible," Ted said, crossing his arms.

"Really? Hey, did you hear that someone actually ripped the definition of `gullible' out of the dictionary and put it on the ceiling?" Dee asked; Ted looked up.

"What an-" Ryo began.

"Idiot . . ." Dee finished for him as they watched Ted look around on the ceiling for the definition.

"I don't see it . . ." he muttered.

"Are you boys actually going to attempt the problem?" Miss Sudnick asked, watching them from behind her desk.

"We're workin' on it," Dee replied, and started to scribble stuff down on his paper.

"Miss Sudnick, I have a question," Ted announced.

"No, the world is not going to blow up on Monday and get you out of the math test," Miss Sudnick replied dryly.

"I was just wondering if I could use a lifeline," Ted said.

"A what?" Miss Sudnick asked.

"C'mon! You watch `Who Wants to be a Millionaire' don't ya?" Ted asked.

"Yeah . . ." Miss Sudnick said.

"Well, I want to use a lifeline. 50/50 wouldn't work and I can't ask the audience because they don't have a clue either. So I'm going to phone a friend!" Ted informed her, whipping out a cell phone to dial Drake's number.

(Somewhere down the hallway in Honors Geometry 1 . . .)

Drake's phone vibrated in his pocket, and (while the teacher wasn't looking) he put his book up in front of his face to read the message someone had sent him. His eye developed a tick when he realized that it was Ted and he was asking him about some stupid Pre-Algebra bike question. And he replied . . . .

(Back down the hallway in Miss Sudnick's Pre-Algebra class . . .)

Ted received a text message from Drake. He opened the message and read it carefully before shutting his phone off.

"What did he say?" Miss Sudnick asked with a grin.

"He told me that I was a faggot and that I should shove the question up my-" Ted began, but was cut off by a very loud sounding . . .

"BUZZ!"

"Dammit . . ." Ted muttered.

^_- ((Miss Sudnick, even though you'd never read this . . . you are the number 1 kick butt math teacher in the universe!! You taught me well with your giant Legolas cutout and your protractor of doom.))

"Hey! Ryo! Wait up!" Dee called, chasing after him; Ryo stopped and turned.

"Yeah?" Ryo asked, watching as Dee trotted up to him before bending over and breathing heavily.

"Damn . . . you walk . . . so fast . . ." Dee panted, standing up straight.

"Sorry, I have to go and pick up Bikky and Carol," Ryo apologized.

"I'll walk with you then," Dee said, readjusting his backpack on his shoulders.

"Um . . . okay," Ryo replied, feeling his face heat up a bit.

They walked in silence, crossing streets and darting in front of cars while weaving in and out of people as they went.

"So . . . I wanted to ask you . . ." Dee began, starting up some conversation.

"Hmmm?" Ryo asked, the heat in his face rising a little.

"I was, ya know, just wondering . . ." Dee continued, trying not to make the whole invitation sound too awkward. "If maybe you wanted to spend the night this weekend. Well, I mean . . . you know . . . with your parents not home and all . . ."

"Um . . . well . . ." Ryo thought about it.

Should he go?

"You know. We could, hang out. Order in a pizza, watch some R rated movies, make prank phone calls, whatever," Dee said.

"I dunno . . ." Ryo replied.

"Or, we could sit around and start that boring-ass assignment for Mr. Gibson. I swear . . . that man does not want any of us to be happy . . ." Dee suggested, thinking about that last report that they had to do on the stock market and this one being on Mad Cow Disease.

"You and work on the weekend? I doubt it . . ." Ryo said.

"Okay, so I lied. Pizza and monster trucking is what it's all about," Dee replied defensively.

Ryo laughed a little on that last statement as they neared the entrance to the Elementary school down the road.

"Well, whaddaya say?" Dee asked.

"I guess so, as long as Jess and Lynda are okay with it," Ryo said.

"Not like they'll care. They'll be gone this weekend. And, besides, they're the ones who suggested it. They probably want someone responsible in the house so I don't break nuthin' or order any pornographic movies on TV," Dee informed him with a shrug.

"Um . . . sure," Ryo replied, not really liking the fact that there would be no one there except him and Dee.

The thought of them, being alone together (what an oxymoron, ne?) in Dee's apartment was enough to make Ryo's thoughts travel to where he had never let his mind travel before. He blushed hard at some of the things that they could DO together while no one was home . . .

"Great! I'll see you tomorrow then," Dee said, whipping out a pen.

He grabbed Ryo's hand and wrote his apartment number rather large so that Ryo would definitely see it. Ryo, however, was more concerned that their hands were touching and that he liked it. It was a tingling feeling that rushed all the way from his fingers through his entire body, making him feel like he was going to dissolve into a puddle of mush just from that touch alone.

"That's my apartment number and my phone number just in case you get lost," Dee informed him, putting the cap back on the pen.

"What do you think? I'm a total airhead?" Ryo asked, sounding hurt.

"No. Just a small one," Dee replied with a wink.

He ran before Ryo could hit him with something.

0_o

When Dee got home, he opened the door right into one of those large boxes by the door. Deciding that maybe he should do something about them because Ryo was coming over, Dee started to move them into the living room to find another place to shove them.

Once he was done moving them, he searched for places to put them. First he looked in the bathroom, and then in the fridge. Finally, he forgot what he was looking for all together and he grabbed an Eggo and some peanut butter and immersed himself in watching the weather channel.

*_*

"Who was that?"

"Just a friend."

"Ohhhh. Did we see him before?"

"Yes."

"Ohhhh . . . So who was that?" Bikky asked again, for the umpteenth time.

Their little conversation had been going back and forth for the past half hour and Ryo was tiring from it. They were sitting at a table in the "Young Minds" daycare facility doing their homework when Bikky remembered seeing someone else with Ryo before he picked both he and Carol up from school ((FYI, Ryo works there. He is not sitting there for his health.))

"Ummm . . . it was God."

"Ohhhh. Did we see him before?"

"No . . ."

"Ohhhh . . . So who was that?"

" . . . ."

"It was Uranus, you fool," Carol said, noticing that Ryo was looking a little annoyed with Bikky.

"Uranus? Like the planet?" Bikky asked.

"Yeah Bikky, like the planet . . ." Carol replied.

"Ohhhh. So who was that?" Bikky repeated.

"Bikky, put a plastic bag over your head and breathe. Deep," Carol said, and Bikky ran off to go find a plastic bag.

"I can't believe it . . ." Ryo muttered.

"What? That he's really going to find a plastic bag and try to suffocate himself?" Carol asked, looking up from her multiplication tables.

"No . . ." Ryo replied, staring off into space.

"Umm . . . . Okay. That look is really scary though . . ." Carol said, observing the glassy-eyed look Ryo had.

"Found one!" Bikky cried, as he paraded into the room holding a plastic bag.

Carol sweat dropped, Bikky smiled, people gawked, and Ryo just stared off into space.

^_^;; (A real Kodak moment, ne?)

The next day at around 3ish, Ryo appeared on Dee's front doorstep with his duffel bag and that usual smile he always wore. They stared at each other for a moment or two, until Ryo broke the silence.

"Am I too early?" he asked, looking a little worried.

"Uh . . . no," Dee replied.

Another silence.

"Um . . . can I come in?" Ryo asked; snapping Dee to attention.

"Oh! Jeez! I'm sorry," Dee apologized, stepping aside as he held the door open wider for Ryo to come in.

"It's okay," Ryo replied, entering the foyer where Dee closed the door behind him.

"You can put your coat on that rack up there," Dee said, indicating the rack on the wall that Jess had put up the previous night (they had found it in one of the boxes that no longer sat in the foyer.)

"Okay," Ryo said, taking off his coat and hanging it up on one of the nubs that stuck out from the wood; Dee looked him over.

Ryo was wearing a tight black turtleneck with a blue plaid jacket over it, along with a pair of those wonderful ass-hugging blue jeans that brought out every curve and shape of his legs and thighs. Dee himself felt like a retarded mailman, for he was clad in a T-shirt from Hawaii (that had a curry stain on it), a pair of red cargo cut-off shorts, and a pair of socks (one was yellow, one was blue) with sandals.

"What?" Ryo asked, noticing Dee's intense stare.

"Huh?" Dee replied.

"Are you sick?" Ryo inquired, looking at him worriedly.

"Uh . . ." Dee said, wondering why his mind (and mouth) was acting like they were on holiday.

((A/N: It could have something to do with that hot piece of ass standing in front of you Dee!!))

"Come here," Ryo said, stepping closer to him and while putting a hand on his forehead.

"I'm fine," Dee murmured, taking Ryo's hand and removing it from his forehead.

But he didn't let go. Dee held onto Ryo's hand, and Ryo did not try to pull away. Their eyes met and Dee saw that Ryo flushed a bit at his stare. But their little moment was ruined when a loud thud erupted from another room in the house and Jess and Lynda stepped out from their hiding place. Immediately, as though he had been burned, Ryo pulled his hand away and shoved both hands into his pockets.

Lynda smiled at both of them.

"So what do you cool cats have planned for tonight?" she asked, making the teens sweat drop.

Ryo, Dee, and even Jess stared at her as if she had grown another head.

"What? You homies be chillin' in my crib tonight and I was just wonderin' but I'll be down with anything," Lynda continued.

"Please . . . stop . . ." Dee muttered putting his hands over his face.

"Um, Lynda. I think you've killed it," Jess said.

"Killed what, brotha?" Lynda asked innocently, looking around.

"Okay. The horse is down and dead, but you're still beating it," Jess explained.

"Meaning . . .?" she inquired quirking an eyebrow.

"Meaning that parents shouldn't talk like they're gangsters," Dee said.

"I was just trying to be a cool parent," Lynda explained.

"I think that they'll think we're cool if we start thinking about leaving right now. Or at least that's what I think," Jess said.

"You think a lot," Dee pointed out.

"Yes and there should be laws against that," Lynda said.

"Shaddup and let's go," Jess muttered, as he headed for the door.

"Yeah, okay. Bye you two! Have fun!" she said, winking at them and blowing a kiss to Dee.

The door closed with a click . . . and then it opened again.

"Oh, and if there's anything you need, gimme a ring," Lynda said.

"OK," Dee replied, as the door shut again.

That's when Lynda popped her head back in.

"And there's $20 on the counter to order in a pizza," she said.

"OK," Dee replied, as she closed the door.

The door opened (again) and Jess stepped in.

"No party, no drugs, no drinking, no girls, no pornographic movies, and no prank calls. You got it?" Jess asked; they both nodded.

Then the door closed and remained that way. But Dee went and checked to see that they had definitely left and were already on their way to God-knows-where.

"So . . ." Dee said, turning around.

"Yeah . . ." Ryo replied.

"What do you want to do?" Dee asked.

"I dunno . . ." Ryo said.

"Hmmm . . ." Dee thought.

Well, of course (being Dee and all) he had a couple of ideas . . .

"Um . . . do you want to play a game?" Dee asked, watching as Ryo set his bag down on the floor.

"It's not like Hide-n-Seek is it?" Ryo asked, looking skeptical.

"No, I mean a Playstation game," Dee elaborated.

"Well, I don't know. I've never really played before," Ryo admitted.

"There is no right way or wrong way to play. You just have to have skill is all," Dee explained, before dragging Ryo off to play Grand Turismo.

^_^

As it turned out, Ryo wasn't lying about never playing a Playstation game before. He downright sucked, to put it nicely. Dee actually had to show him how to hold the controller (but he didn't mind that part because there was physical contact) and explain to him what every button meant. And Ryo still lost to Dee in the car racing game by running into walls or trees or other cars.

"I don't think I'll be getting my license anytime soon," Ryo commented, looking up at the screen that told them Dee had won (yet again.)

"I don't think you should get your license period. I'd hate to see your car . . ." Dee muttered (but thought maybe he WOULD like to see his car . . . or the backseat of it anyways.)

"Gimme a break, I just learned how to play today," Ryo replied defensively.

"Yeah, I guess that's true . . ." Dee said, putting his controller on the coffee table.

Ryo set his controller down on the coffee table as well, listening to the really annoying music that the menu screen played while you were determining what to do before the game. Looking around at the apartment, Ryo had to say that it was quite large and it had a very homey, welcoming atmosphere. It was a little cluttered, here and there, but he didn't mind and Ryo thought that maybe that's what added a little bit of the comfort the house gave off.

Dee's apartment was totally the opposite of Ryo's. His was dark and cold while Dee's had more of a warm and normal appearance than the surgical way that everything was totally clean and perfect in Ryo's home.

"Yeah, I'm sorry for the mess. Movin's a bitch sometimes," Dee said, noticing that Ryo was looking around and studying his home.

"It's okay," Ryo replied, still gazing around at all the little nick-knacks and odds-n-ends that Lynda kept lying around.

They sat in silence for a moment, until Dee stood up and stretched.

"Okay. I think it is now officially time to eat some sustenance," Dee announced.

"Meaning?" Ryo asked, watching as he walked into the kitchen.

"Pizza, ice cream, Oreos, soda, chips, and wings," Dee elaborated.

"That's a lot of food . . ." Ryo said.

"Wow, aren't we observant? Nothing can get past you," Dee replied sarcastically.

Ryo rolled his eyes and picked up his controller as Dee dialed the number of the Dominoes down the road. He chose a track and a car and decided to race against himself. When Dee returned, he noticed that Ryo was looking frustrated and annoyed.

"What is it?" Dee asked, sitting down.

"My car won't move," Ryo said, trying to make his car move past the starting line.

"You're supposed to use controller 1 to play by yourself, not controller 2," Dee pointed out; Ryo dropped the controller to the floor and slumped in his seat.

"I give up," he replied, sounding defeated.

"Well, do you want to watch a movie then?" Dee asked, getting up to take the game out of the game console.

"I guess so. What movies do you have?" Ryo asked, sitting up.

"Alas, they are the only things that have been unpacked for we cannot live without our beautiful home entertainment system. Complete with surround sound, DVD's, and, my favorite, the Playstation2. Games and all," Dee said.

"You sound like you're trying to sell me something," Ryo informed him.

"No, I just like to say that little spiel. It's fun," Dee replied; Ryo laughed. "No really, I practice it in front of the mirror and everything."

"Okay. That's stuff that you keep to yourself," Ryo said.

"Well, anyways . . ." Dee murmured.

"Yeah . . ." Ryo agreed.

"Hey, I know what we can watch! Let's watch The Ring," Dee said, "I heard it was made in Japan."

"The original one was," Ryo pointed out, "You have the American version. The Japanese version is called `Ringu'."

"Ooooh, same dif," Dee replied, rolling his eyes.

"Not really," Ryo said; Dee snorted.

"Yeah, whatever. You wanna watch it, or save it for later when it's dark and scary? Ooooh . . ." Dee asked, making a retarded ghost moan at the end.

"Later, as long as you don't moan like that," Ryo said.

"Okay . . . then, how about . . . The Fast and the Furious?" Dee asked, pulling out a DVD from the shelf on the other side of the TV.

"Yeah, why not?" Ryo said as Dee popped in the movie.

"Oh, and by the way, the pizza's not gonna be here for another half hour so . . . do you want something to eat now?" Dee asked, sitting down next to him.

"No, I'm okay," Ryo replied.

And so . . . they watched the movie . . .

^_^

About not even half-way through, Dee was getting annoyed with himself. First of all, there was no food (and he would feel like such a pig if he got up and gorged himself right in front of Ryo), second of all, he hated Van Diesel's guts, and third, Ryo was sitting RIGHT next to him just looking so . . . yummy.

Dee figured that he had nothing to lose, so he casually stretched and put his arm around Ryo's shoulders. He saw that Ryo blushed the slightest bit from the touch, but, yet again, he did not pull away. Dee's attention totally disappeared from the movie and he found it more interesting to play with a strand of blonde hair behind Ryo's left ear. What Dee REALLY wanted to do was to start kissing and licking Ryo everywhere (especially on his neck) but he couldn't seeing as how Ryo was wearing a turtleneck sweater and just plain ignoring him so he could watch the movie.

But, Ryo took Dee by surprise as he gingerly rested his head on Dee's shoulder while scooting closer to him. Dropping his arm from Ryo's shoulders, Dee moved his arm to Ryo's waist (well . . . maybe a bit lower than that . . .) and he still did not seem to mind Dee's sudden, brazen moves.

Ryo rested his right hand on Dee's left knee, trying to keep his blush under control as Dee's fingers started to wander a little farther south than his waist. Dee put his right hand over Ryo's hand and gripped it gently, causing Ryo to flush a little more. Trying to keep his attention on the drag races on the screen and not on the boy next to him (which was hard because Dee was turning him on with his little touches), Ryo had to thank God, Kami, and the pizza delivery place that the doorbell rang right before Ryo was about to give in to Dee's very arousing ministrations.

"Dammit . . ." Dee muttered, leaving his very comfortable position by Ryo to go and answer the door.

"Arigato Kami-Sama . . ." Ryo murmured, afraid of himself and his selfish desires (Thank you God/Lord . . .)

Dee threw the door open, scaring a very scrawny-looking teenage kid.

"That'll be $14.98," he said, handing Dee the pizzas.

Walking into the kitchen, he set the pizzas down and grabbed the $20 bill on the counter before returning to the door and giving the guy his money. The acne-ridden kid gave him his change and Dee gave him a $2 tip (even though he wasn't going to give the kid anything because he ruined that little moment) because he knew that it was a hard road for anyone who waited on tables, delivered pizza, or drove a cab. See, Dee does have SOME sympathy.

^_-

After one and a half boxes of pizza were gone, Ryo and Dee lay beached out on the couch surrounded by empty chip bags, cookie/candy wrappers, and boxes of Cheese-Its.

((A/N: Yes, in this fic, Ryo is normal and he eats junk food! Go Ryo!))

They had finished The Fast and the Furious, and they were now watching The Ring. As the TV flickered and presented them with disturbing images of a girl who seriously needed a comb, Dee got up and started to head into his bedroom.

"Oi, where are you going?" Ryo asked, watching him go (Oi = Hey!)

"I'm changin' into something else. I don't think these pants fit anymore . . ." Dee said, referring to all the food that they had just eaten (and, of course, Dee has a big mouth so he ate more food than Ryo.)

Ryo laughed a little bit and shook his head, watching as the main character was running from a large horse on some boat. What was her name? Emily, Sarah . . .?

"Back," Dee announced, walking back into the room in a pair of boxers (with the Budweiser frogs on them) and a white T-shirt that had the Rolling Stone's tongue on it. "What'd I miss?"

"The horse went loco and jumped off the boat," Ryo told him (loco = crazy.)

"Cool," Dee said, flopping down onto the couch.

Ryo rose and went over to where he dumped his duffel bag and started to walk towards Dee's room.

"Where are you going?" Dee asked, his eyes not leaving the television.

"To Shanghai," Ryo replied dryly.

"Cool. Pick me up a vase while you're there," Dee said with a wave of his hand.

"Okay . . ." Ryo muttered, heading into Dee's room.

When he emerged, Ryo was clad in a pair of long plaid pajama bottoms and a loose-fitting red T-shirt with a dragon on it. Walking back to the couch, Ryo found his spot and sat down. He started to watch the film again, noticing that the sun never seemed to shine in the movie. There was always a lot of rain . . .

"God, there's so much rain in this movie . . ." Dee muttered, reading Ryo's mind.

"Yeah. Their water bill musta been enormous," Ryo commented.

"Not to mention that every time they screwed up, they had to get into new clothes and re-do their hair and makeup and everything," Dee added.

"Jeez. I'd hate to do that, over and over again . . ." Ryo said.

"Yeah. I wonder if, like, in all those movies where the guy has to kiss a really hot girl, if he messes up on purpose just to do it again and again and again . . ." Dee mused aloud; Ryo found himself blushing at the comment.

Dee sat up and stretched again; Ryo was half-hoping, half-dreading that maybe Dee would put his arm around him again. It was weird, when you had a thing for your close friend who you were spending time with just to "hang out." But then, you can't control the thing that you have for them, and the next thing you know . . . you're getting all . . . touchy-feely with them. And then the next moment you're having normal, friend-to-friend conversation. It was a very confusing thing.

As Ryo was thinking about this, Dee leaned over and whispered in his ear, "Seven days . . ." and Ryo jumped so high he almost hit the ceiling; Dee started to laugh really hard.

"What in the Hell was that for?!" Ryo growled, hitting Dee with a pillow.

"T-That (insert laugh here) was so (a giggle or two) effing (a gasp) funny!" Dee cried.

"Are you laughing at me?!" Ryo asked, hitting him again.

"No! I'm just (burst of laughter here) having a large fit," Dee replied, trying to keep his laughing under control.

"Yaro . . ." Ryo muttered under his breath (Bastard . . .)

Once Dee got himself under control he looked at Ryo, who was sulking near the edge of the couch.

"Awww . . . is wittle Wyo gonna sulk now?" Dee asked like a four-year-old.

"Shove it ya big meanie," Ryo replied, crossing his arms and pouting.

"Hey, I'm sorry. Really. I just couldn't resist. I wanted to see you get all scared," Dee explained with a wink.

"That's so cruel," Ryo muttered.

"Are you scared? I'll hold you," Dee replied, opening up his arms to Ryo.

Ryo stared at him for a moment with a flushed face, before he turned away and stuck his nose in the air.

"I'm just fine, thank you! I'm not scared!" Ryo said haughtily.

Just then, there was a flash of light and the ring appeared on the screen with a loud ripping sound; Ryo practically jumped into Dee's lap.

"Seven days . . ." Dee whispered creepily, making Ryo shiver.

"Okay. Stop it! I give up! I HATE scary movies! Turn it off! Or turn a light on!" Ryo shouted.

Dee stopped the movie, but Ryo still clung to him like he was the last person alive (and he liked it because there was physical contact . . . yet again.)

"Okay. It's off," Dee said.

"Yeah, but she could still come out of the TV and grab us," Ryo replied, looking around.

"You. Need. Help. You're so paranoid," Dee told him, switching the TV from DVD to cable mode.

Dee flicked through the channels and found the movie "Caddyshack" so he left that on.

"Good . . . real TV," Ryo breathed a sigh, before letting go of Dee.

"She can still get us you know," Dee said, making Ryo scoot closer to him.

He took that opportunity to put his arm around Ryo's waist once more. In doing so, Ryo curled up closer to Dee while resting his head on Dee's shoulder again. They sat there for a minute, watching as a guy chased a deranged-looking gopher thing around on the screen.

Once again, Ryo felt that oddness. Just a moment ago they had been acting just like normal best friends would. But now, Dee had his arm around him and Ryo was cuddling with him! Cuddling! He felt Dee begin to nuzzle his neck affectionately, making Ryo shiver. Not from fear, but from something else . . . delight? Then, Dee started to attack Ryo's neck with light, flirty kisses, ranging from his jaw line to his collar bone.

Ryo turned in his grasp to allow Dee more flesh on the other side of his neck. Now that he had removed that turtleneck, Ryo had a lot more skin exposed than before and Dee used that to his advantage. He gently nibbled and sucked at the tender skin; Ryo emitted a series of small gasps and quiet moans.

Dee then moved upward and pressed his lips against Ryo's. A soft gasp escaped his lips, allowing Dee entry. He slipped his tongue inside of Ryo's mouth; a moan vibrated from in his throat. Ryo's hands slid up and encircled Dee's neck as they deepened their kiss. Dee pushed Ryo gently back onto the couch, lying on top of him while still battling tongues with Ryo inside of their mouths. Dee rubbed against Ryo's lower abdomen; both of them let out a loud moan of delight. Dee's hands slid under Ryo's shirt and he ran his fingers over the soft flesh, stopping to tease his nipples which formed into hard nubs. Starting on his merry way down to the front of Ryo's pants, Dee ran his hand on the inside of Ryo's thigh with his other hand while heading up to where he would soon touch Ryo's . . .

Then, the phone rang (always ruin a good moment, ne?)

Pulling away, but not getting up from his position, Dee stared down into Ryo's dark eyes. He noticed that they were glassy and that Ryo seemed to be in some sort of heated daze; his cheeks flushed and his breaths coming out in short pants. Dee was no better off than his friend. The phone rang again.

"The . . . the phone . . ." Ryo murmured, touching Dee's arm.

"Let the machine get it," Dee answered quietly, leaning over to kiss Ryo again.

But just before their lips met, the machine picked it up and the sound of Lynda's voice flooded through the apartment.

"Hi you guys! I hope I didn't ruin anything good like-"

Immediately, Dee jumped off Ryo and picked up the phone before she could continue with something perverted.

"What?" Dee growled, when he placed the phone to his ear.

"Nothing. I just wanted to see what you two were doing . . . see anything good?" Lynda asked, and started to cackle.

((A/N: Does she remind you of anyone? Like . . . Diana?!))

Dee started to shake with anger and he heard the sound of what sounded like Jess in the background telling her to leave them alone and get a hold on herself.

"Yeah, listen to Jess, Lynda. Go and take your Riddlen," Dee said snidely.

"Ouch. I must have ruined something REALLY good . . ." she muttered.

"ARG! Goodbye!" Dee shouted.

"Yes, bye sweetie. Have a passion-filled night," she replied and started to giggle again; Dee slammed the phone down.

Dee stomped back over to the couch where Ryo was looking distracted as he tried to get immersed in the movie.

"What'd she want?" Ryo asked, not looking at Dee in fear that his face was a deep shade of crimson.

"Nothing . . ." Dee replied, not wanting to take his anger out on Ryo (who was clueless enough as it was.)

"Oh . . ." Ryo said.

There was a silence and they sat in it while watching the rest of Caddyshack.

-_-

At about midnight, Ryo's eyes were beginning to droop closed and his body was telling him to go and get some sleep. He tried to stifle a yawn, but to no avail. Dee looked at him without saying anything. Ryo stood up while rubbing his arms as he headed into Dee's room.

"Where're you going?" Dee asked through a yawn.

"Sleep . . ." Ryo replied, before disappearing into his room.

"Wait up," Dee said, also standing.

He turned off the TV and the kitchen light before heading into his bedroom. Dee saw that Ryo was unrolling his sleeping bag by the dim light of Dee's bedside lamp. Dee moved some of the crap on his bed (homework and junk that he'd never do until the last minute) onto his dresser before climbing into bed under the covers and watching as Ryo dug through his bag for something. With what he took out, Dee couldn't believe.

"Oh my God, you sleep with a stuffed animal?" Dee asked, looking at the plush pony in Ryo's arms.

"Yeah . . . but you won't tell . . . right?" Ryo asked, flashing a small smile.

Dee started to crack up at the sight of Ryo, a GUY, holding this purple stuffed animal pony thing with its hair braided and everything! But as he continued on, Dee didn't notice the sad look that Ryo had in his eyes until he could get himself under control.

"What?" Dee asked, staring at Ryo who looked like he was about to cry.

"It . . . it was my mom's . . ." Ryo said quietly, running his fingers over the material of the plush toy.

"Was . . .?" Dee inquired. "Did she give it to you before she left?"

". . . . No . . . after she left, I . . . I couldn't get rid of it," Ryo explained.

"Why would you get rid of it? I mean, she's coming back right? Just out of town," Dee said, and was going to continue but stopped when he saw a crystalline tear fall from Ryo's eye.

"No . . . she's not coming back . . . and neither is my dad . . ." Ryo answered, bringing his knees to his chest.

Dee slid from his bed and onto the floor where Ryo sat. It suddenly clicked in Dee's sad excuse for a brain.

"Did they . . .?" Dee asked; Ryo nodded.

"They're dead," Ryo whispered.

Dee put his arms around Ryo in a tight, warm embrace. Ryo removed his hands from his knees and hugged Dee back; he felt more secure that way. Dee held him, and downright expected Ryo to start bawling and crying loudly, but he didn't. Ryo sobbed almost silently on his shoulder, obviously wanting to keep his emotions bottled up deep inside of him.

"I . . . I never knew my parents . . ." Dee said quietly into Ryo's ear, ". . . so, I really don't know how you feel . . . but I know it probably hurts a lot. Am I right?"

He felt Ryo nod against his chest.

"Sometimes I wonder . . . if my parents are still alive and if they wonder about me . . . or if they don't even know I exist anymore. I don't even know if they're dead. They didn't even leave me a last name . . . actually, not even a first. Pretty sad, huh?" Dee asked.

Ryo hugged him tighter.

"Anyway," Dee said, pulling away to look at Ryo, "I'm sorry I laughed at you, okay? I didn't know . . ."

"I know . . . it's okay," Ryo replied softly; Dee wiped a tear from his cheek.

"Hey, c'mon," Dee said, coaxing Ryo to stand up and sit with him on his bed, "You can sleep with me tonight."

Ryo blushed (despite the current topic) at the somewhat perverted meaning that one statement alone held.

". . . Okay . . ." Ryo mumbled, too tired to argue.

The next thing Ryo knew, he was under the blankets with Dee in the dark. He squirmed a little bit before moving closer to Dee, who put his arm around Ryo's shoulders in response.

"Good night," Ryo said quietly, closing his eyes.

"Good night," Dee replied, listening to the sound of Ryo's even breathing.

But Dee stayed up long after Ryo had drifted off to sleep. And he stayed up almost until the sun was peeking over the horizon. All he could do was look at Ryo and stroke his bangs away from his beautiful face as he slept, thinking about their conversation earlier and wondering what tomorrow would hold for the both of them.

^_-

After Talk with - The Random Queen:

-falls over and dies- SHIMATTA! That's a lot of writing! 21 pages?! That has to be my record! I've never written THAT much! I've been close, but . . . wow!

Okay, Bikky and Carol were in this chapter. Now, I know I made Bikky kind of an airhead but . . . what can I say? He's a kid ain't he? And Ryo's not helping much with that spaced-out attitude of his!

There's your little look into their pasts, more to be revealed soon! I was originally going to put Ryo's whole life story in there, but I came up with a better idea last night at like . . . 3 in the morning and I wrote it down (such sloppy handwriting I have in the middle of the night!) and then typed up a rough draft that I sorta like but not really so . . . yeah. I'm going to have to revise that soon . . .

Now I'm sure you're all saying that, "Well, doesn't Ryo work at that restaurant?" Well, yes he does. And he also works at the Young Minds Daycare Facility. It'll be explained later, so don't fret my darlings!

Now, tell me, were the scenes a little too . . . overly . . . explicit? I'm trying to keep this at a friendly level here. I don't want to go overboard. So, if anyone has any problems . . . well . . . that's your problem because I'm not changing this chapter or my other chapters because I am WAY too lazy. But, if it makes you upset or something, all I can say is: 1) don't read it, or 2) tell me and I'll bump their little . . . moments down a notch.

About that LEMON/LIME chapter:

Okay, the decision is final. There will be a LIME in a later chapter. I can't say when, but I can assure you that (at the rate I'm updating this fic) it won't be soon. The only reason I'm updating so often is because I'm on break. Then . . . back to school! Joy. Reeeealllyyyy . . . hmph. As if.

Sorry for all you LEMON-goers out there. I always love a good LEMON but . . . I'm gonna keep this PG-13. Anyways, you shouldn't get all bummed because they will have sex. Oh yeah. They will . . . . . . sequel anyone?!

Parting Words and The Bribe (at 22 pages now!):

As always, thank you for reading (or coming back to read) my fic. I hope you enjoyed and everything. Reviews are welcome! I love `em! They're like water to me! Know that all flames will be used to burn parking tickets, detention slips, and other miscellaneous goodies. All nice reviewers will get some donuts and coffee! -passes out Oreo bars as promised- You guys rock!!!

~The Random Queen

Thanks and see you soon!