Fake Fan Fiction ❯ Of Angels and Demons ❯ Getting to know you ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Well here we go again, thanks to everyone who reviewed, through suggestion I have decided to continue the story (Well for now at least anyways). Well that's it for the preliminaries; let's get this road on the show shall we?

Of Angels and Demons

Ryo awoke to see that it was well past mid-morning and the sky was tinged red from the setting sun. He felt considerably better but he recalled what the Demon lord had told him and decided that his new energy was most likely short lived. Slipping out from beneath the black silk sheets, the angel walked through the open French doors and onto the balcony, overlooking a good amount of the elegant estate. Ryo gasped in pleasant surprise at the gorgeous garden below him, dozens of exotic plants and flowers set around a large fountain of two lovers holding hands, the setting sun casting the garden in an unreal kind of beauty. There were orchards behind the garden as far as the eye could see; the tentacles of the protective trees barely visible in the distance.

Dee looked up from the book he was reading when he noticed that Ryo had exited his room with his sharp hearing and looked towards the balcony, sharp eyes easily spotting the Angel from his position in the outskirts of his garden. He saw the Angel look around in awe, making him glad that he did have the garden after all. Dee gasped when Ryo spread his wings, the light hitting the pure white in so perfectly that it took his breath away, making him yearn for that freedom. He saw the Angel descend down into the garden, playing in the water in the fountain before starting to walk towards the orchard, wings still extended. Dee shook his head and went back to his book, being safely hidden in the peach tree he was sitting in.

Ryo looked up, sensing Dee's presence above him and moved so he could see the man sitting in the tree. The Demon was eating a peach from the tree and reading a book in the dying sunlight, which didn't seem to bother him in the least. Ryo stared at Dee's rough beauty, taking in the stunning physique and the way the red of the sun played on his bronze flesh, add some wings and the man could pass off as an Angel easy. "Well are you just going to stand there looking at me or are you going to come up here?" Ryo blushed, embarrassed at being caught staring and climbed up onto the branch next to Dee, plucking a peach from the tree and settling down to eat it. The Angel took a bite and sighed at the luscious fruit that practically dissolved in his mouth, looking up at the now appearing stars.

Ryo turned to look at Dee and found himself lost in vivid green eyes, an emotion that he couldn't recognize buried within their depths. A rough hand reached out to him and brushed lightly along his cheek, the Demon leaning in to capture his lips in a soft kiss. Ryo found himself unable to jerk away like he knew he should and found his hands resting lightly on the Demon's back, not responding to the kiss but not rejecting it either. Somehow this didn't feel wrong at all despite the deep differences the two races held for each other. Dee slowly pulled away sighing and running a frustrated hand through his messy black hair. "I'm sorry." With that he hopped down from the tree and walked off towards the castle limits.

Ryo sat stunned for a few moments before hopping down to follow Dee, barely finding his way in the moonlit orchards. From the distance he heard a scream of pain that sounded like Dee's voice and the Angel quickened his steps. "Dee!" Ryo found Dee kneeling on the ground, a hand clutched over his heart and his face contorted in agony. The blonde collapsed next to Dee, worriedly asking him what was wrong and if there was anything he could do. The Demon shook his head from side to side, still howling in pain and grabbed frantically at Ryo's hand. "G-get O-out of here. NOW!" Ryo hesitated before pain glazed green eyes opened, pleading for his cooperation. The Angel set off at a dead run towards the castle, intent on finding some kind of help for the Demon. He looked but nobody seemed to be there, he could only find the black panther who was dozing by the fireplace.

Ryo could do little but sit in his room and wait on the Demon's return, as well as wonder to himself when he had ever cared so much for a Demon. I think there is a lot more to this than meets the eye, but what? He alternated between pacing the floor, dozing and musing to himself most of the night, finally hearing footsteps on the staircase a few minutes before midnight. The Angel rushed out to meet the Demon who was breathing harshly and staggering. Ryo led Dee over to the bed and laid him down on his stomach, noticing how his shirt was in tatters and his back was covered in blood. The Demon fell easily into a deep sleep and soon the Angel slipped in the bed next to him, against his better judgment but he was getting cold again, not straying too close to Dee. Unconsciously during the night, the pair shifted into one another's arms, sighing in their sleep over a dream that was not meant to be.

The Arch Angel was the first to wake up the next morning, gasping when he found slender tan hands wrapped around his waist. Ryo glared at the Demon only to find him still asleep, back still caked with blood from last night. The blonde went into the bathroom to get a towel and warm water, tearing off the remains of Dee's shirt so he could clean the blood off. Cleaning it away gently so as to not irritate the wounds he couldn't yet see, Ryo washed the blood off shocked when he found no visible wounds or scars. Dee had woken up during the Angel's gentle ministrations and glanced up at the confused look on his face, most likely puzzling over where all the blood had come from. Dee had to admit that he had never slept better than with the blonde Angel in his arms, but he pushed the thought out of his mind knowing it would lead to nothing but heartache and trouble.

"Good morning Angel." Ryo jumped and looked down at Dee, a worried look in his eyes although a smile graced his features. "Good morning, I was just cleaning up all the blood. What happened to you anyway?" At this question the Demon's eyes became misty and unfocused, layers of sadness visible in their green depths. "A mistake, which cost me my greatest desire and it's happening all over again." The Demon pushed himself away from the bed, walking out of the room and leaving the Angel thoroughly puzzled.

Dee walked downstairs to his study, intent on finishing the invitations for the party tomorrow night. He gave out an annoyed sigh when he had burned up his tenth pencil from the frustrated energy coming off of him, throwing the charred remains across the room and emitting a roar. The angel heard the Demon bellow in anger and flinched, the harsh cry reminding him that Dee was in fact a Demon. Ryo had found the Demon's library and was currently reading a book called FAKE about two detectives in New York, sipping on a cup as he went. The blonde had a servant make a fire in the fireplace so that he wouldn't be cold and thanked the boy thoroughly. The Demon boy, Bikky from what he recalled, had been too cute with his attitude, blonde hair and dark skin, instantly taking a liking to the Angel staying at the castle. From what Ryo gleaned, he did not like Dee very much but despite the way he badmouthed the Demon Lord, the boy was very devoted to the man who had given him a job and a place to call home. (Sorry guys, I know it doesn't follow the book at all but I like the idea of Bikky and Dee getting along, somewhat.)

Ryo sighed, hoping that he would not relapse back into a fever and the chills, and set out to find the Demon, deciding to get down to business and do what he came here to do. He found the Demon standing at the window in his study, looking at a flock of pegusi flying by. Dee turned around and smiled at Ryo, but the smile didn't truly reach his eyes. Ryo blushed under the Demon's close scrutiny and looked at the carpet, admiring the patterns on the rug. He looked up when he heard the Demon cross the room, gasping when Dee cupped his face in his hands. Warm lips touched his in the lightest of kisses, a soft mouth ghosting lightly over his own. Unconsciously Ryo sighed and closed his eyes, forgetting for a moment that he was kissing his supposed 'mortal enemy'. Dee pulled back and dropped his hands to the Angel's shoulders, sadness still present in his bright green eyes.

"Ryo I… I think it would be best if you left as soon as possible. I will take you back to heaven myself." Ryo nodded slowly, seeing the logic in this but that didn't stop the pang in his heart at the Demon's words. "You can finish recovering up there, it would probably be best." Dee stepped away from the blonde, eyes looking anywhere but avoiding the dark gaze that he had so appreciated. The Angel nodded and followed the Demon down to his stables, pausing while Dee saddled up his black centaur. Dee climbed onto the filly's back, pulling Ryo up behind him and making sure that he had his arms wrapped firmly around his waist before taking off.

The ride was made in silence, each to their own thoughts and observing the scenery around them. Ryo found tears prickling the back of his eyes as they rose into the sky and wondered just when and how he had become attached to the handsome Demon. Dee was fighting his own battles while steering the centaur, almost turning around and heading home, Angel still in tow, when he heard a small sniff behind him. It's for the better, plus it's forbidden anyway, no need to get him in trouble. The pair arrived at Heaven's Gate in record time, several Angel's gathering around the pair that alighted on the cloud. Whispers and gasps were clearly heard as the audience saw the Angel dismount behind the Demon and several Angel girls blushed at the handsome Demon in their midst.

The Angel turned around and thanked the Demon formally, as though they hadn't kissed several times since they had met. "Yea what the hell ever, just make sure you stay the fuck away from me ya got that?" The other Angels present gasped at his foul language and whispered stuff like 'well he is a Demon after all' and such. Ryo realized that this was all part of Dee's act but it didn't help settle the desire to have a sweet, sincere parting instead of a ruse. Ryo snorted in mock contempt and turned his back on the Demon, as far as he was concerned his job was done. The Demon lord gave Ryo's retreating figure the finger and snapped his fingers the centaur and himself disappearing in a huge cloud of black smock formed in the shape of his face, laughing maniacally. The spectators screamed and ran past Ryo, not noticing the tears that had gathered in his eyes.

Dee put his steed away in her stable and wearily walked up to his room, tears running down his cheeks when he smelled Ryo's lingering scent filling the room and perfuming the sheets. It makes no sense at all, why the hell am I crying over some guy I knew for less than two days and an Angel at that! Why do I feel, empty? Dee hugged the pillow the Arch Angel's head had rested upon and fell into a fitful slumber, figuring that sleep would be the best way to take his mind off the matter.

In the Heavens Ryo sank onto his bed, pondering why he had felt so hurt when the Demon had told him to leave, he didn't actually want to stay in his presence, did he? He uttered a quiet 'come in' when there was a knock on his door and smiled at the Angel girl who walked into his room. "Hey Carol, what's up?" The girl walked across the spacious bedroom and sat next to Ryo on the bed, taking in his sad eyes and tear-stained cheeks.

"Did he hurt you?" Ryo thought about it and shook his head, deciding to tell his Angel friend the whole truth. "Not at all actually he was very gentlemanly, a little rough around the edges but good company. His castle is gorgeous and the garden is wonderful Carol, I know you would love it." Carol listened while Ryo went on and on about the Demon's hospitality and was surprised to see how happy he was when he was talking about the Demon Lord. Risking a chance and coming to a conclusion, Carol voiced what she thought.

"You like him, don't you. You are friends with the Demon Lord Dee, aren't you?" Ryo stared at Carol, before slowly nodding his head praying that she wouldn't be disgusted by him. "Hey that's pretty nifty! An Angel, and an Arch Angel at that, has made friends with a Demon, maybe this will bring the two races together." Ryo smiled, knowing how much the girl disliked the rift between the two ethnic groups and hoping for peace. "Do you think we could, visit him?" Ryo thought about it and shook his head no.

"He told me to leave and, I think it would be best if I didn't go back. He's my friend yes but I think it's too dangerous plus I don't know if….if he wants to see me again. He was pretty upset." Carol nodded sympathetically and gave the older Angel a hug before leaving, telling Ryo that she would come back later and fix a nice dinner for him. The blonde smiled, spirits lifted at the prospect of a night with Carol and leaned back onto his bed pulling every cover he had out and placing it over himself. Carol came back a few hours later and found Ryo sleeping peacefully under a mound of blankets, deciding to go ahead and fix dinner before waking him up. She failed to mention to the older Angel that he had called the Demon's name in his sleep, correctly presuming that there was more to this 'friendship' than meets the eye.

Well that's a wrap, to continue or not continue?