Fake Fan Fiction ❯ Of Angels and Demons ❯ Do I Dare ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I am very sorry to say that I do not in fact own the fabulous boys of FAKE, I’m just borrowin’ 'em  for a bit!

A/N: Thank you very much to all those who have reviewed my last chapter! I hope you enjoy this one, let's get this road on the show shall we?

Of Angels and Demons

          “Dee….” A voice reached the slumbering Demon Lord in the hazy confines of his sleep-dulled mind, annoying and very unwelcome so early in the morning. The Demon groaned and buried his head under his overly large black pillow, trying to shut out the sound of the unpleasant voice disturbing him. “Come on you doof! You have guests waiting in the rec room!” Dee clamped the pillow down over his head, making the small Demon boy turn red with fury. In a last ditch effort to wake his master up, Bikky kicked him in his ass running out the room cackling as Dee sat up with a howl. The Demon dragged himself out of bed grudgingly, wondering who the hell would visit him this early. He quickly brushed his teeth and threw on a red t shirt with blue cargo shorts and walked downstairs to find his two best friends, Drake and Ted, waiting for him playing pool.

          “Well if it ain’t the high and mighty Demon lord himself!” Drake snickered and added to Ted’s comment. “Yea, he’s too mighty to drag his pampered ass out of bed to meet his two common best buddies.” The Demon lord rolled his eyes at the pair, chucking the eight ball at Ted’s head and giving Drake the finger.

          “What the hell are you two chuckle-buddies doing here so early in the morning?” Ted laughed and looked at his watch, raising an eyebrow to the Demon lord. “Ah Dee, it's twelve in the afternoon. And we are here because we knew that you wouldn’t get up before the party tonight if you were allowed to sleep in. You’re always exhausted the week of a full moon.” Dee instantly quieted and nodded, grateful for his friend’s support despite his concealed difference.

          “You still are throwing the party right, after all it is your one thousand year party and everyone loves the parties you throw.” Dee thought about it, actually thought about if he wanted to throw a party with hundreds of people there…without the Angel being present too. He decided he didn’t so there was only one other thing to do. “Yea I’m still throwing it; I just gotta send one last invitation, that’s all.”

                                                                                                                                                         

      ;     “Hey, hey fella wake up.” Ryo woke up to a pair of bright blue eyes looking down on him, eyes that he remembered instantly. “Bikky! What are you doing here?! If a Demon gets caught up here you could be executed!” Bikky rolled his eyes and sat on the Angel’s bed, knowing that he would probably be reprimanded for being up here.

          “It’s okay! Dee teleported me here himself and he gave me a charm so I can get back undetected.” Ryo blinked owlishly before his mind registered what Bikky had just told him. “Dee teleported you, why did he send you here?”

          “Because he’s throwing that big party tonight and he wanted you to be here, it's all in this note here.” Bikky handed Ryo a note with his name embossed in gold on the front. He brushed his fingers against the slightly raised lettering before opening the envelope carefully. He gasped when a little hologram of Dee working at his desk was projected from the card; he was obviously busy with something. Bikky looked at the man and mouthed the words, ‘talk to him’ before heading into the kitchen looking for something to eat.

          Ryo nodded hesitantly, feeling very foolish for talking to a hologram. “Uh...Dee?” The hologram of the Demon looked up when his name was called and searched for something on his desk before replying. “Hey dude what’s up?” Ryo was thoroughly confused as to the mixed signals the Demon was giving him, telling him to leave one minute and delivering holographic telegrams to him the next. “Not much. Uh why did you give me a note?”

          The Demon sighed and ran a hand through his hair, before green eyes met Ryo’s again. “Look, I’m sorry about yesterday but I was going through some stuff, things that I can’t tell you, yet. Anyway, I just wanted to invite you to my party tonight. The invitation is in the envelope and I sent Bikky with some things for you. I would really like it if you came but if you don’t want to, I understand completely.”

          ; Ryo was at a loss for words because of the joy flowing through his heart that Dee didn’t hate him. “I don’t know Dee, it's kind of dangerous don’t you think? I mean what if I was discovered?”

          ; “I know that’s why I understand if you don’t want to go, but if you change your mind just use the invitation to get there. I have to go finish setting up so hopefully I will see you later, if not you can always reach me through this card.” Ryo nodded, glad that even if he didn’t go, he wasn’t completely shut off from the Demon. “Okay, bye.” Dee waved before shutting off the link, the hologram fading away. Bikky re-entered the Angel’s bedroom with a soda and a sandwich in tow, plopping himself down on the bed before pushing a bag to Ryo.

          “This is what you’re supposed to wear if you go, can’t have everyone knowing that you’re an Angel. If you don’t mind, I really should go before I get caught up here. Hopefully I will see you later.” Ryo smiled at the boy and said his goodbyes before the Demon boy disappeared in a swirl of smoke. He looked into the envelope to see the invitation, a rich purple with gold lettering and black trim. It had his name on it and held the following sentence. Come celebrate Demon Lord Dee Laytner’s 1000th Birthday, to get to the party, just touch the red seal on the corner of the invitation. Ryo looked at the invitation once more before placing it, along with the envelope and card projector, in a drawer next to his bed.

          Next he looked into the bag Bikky had left for him and pulled out the assorted articles in it. He pulled out a black beater with a fishnet tank to go over it, complete with black arm gloves that went up to his elbows. There was also a pair of black baggy cargo jeans and black flip-flops. The only thing that wasn’t black was the white necklace included with the anarchy sign on it as well as the white arm bands to encircle his upper arms. The Angel had never seen so much black in his life, never mind wearing something that dark. Shrugging the Angel shoved the articles of clothing under his bed, trying to figure out if he really did want to go to the party. Indecisive as to what exactly he was going to do, Ryo got up prepared to attend to his duties as an Arch Angel and decide between a night of fun, or the consequences that could endanger his life.

                                                                                                                                                         

      ;     “Well McLean, did you find out exactly why the Demon Lord Dee has his castle, above ground instead of underground in the depths of hell like all other Demons must?” Ryo blushed and looked away, not liking the direct gaze that his boss was giving him. One of the Elder Angels, Berkley Rose, made it apparent that he strongly disliked Demons of any kind, and for some reason he showed a more than healthy amount of animosity towards Dee, as well as a more than healthy amount of interest in Ryo. Despite the fact that homosexuality was strictly forbidden in heaven as a sin, one of the greatest kind, this fact did not appear to deter the older Angel’s subtle advances towards Ryo. One of the five Angels appointed to that position, Ryo much rather preferred to answer to who everyone called ‘Mother’, or even the Chief rather than Rose, he was too direct and intimidating for his shy nature.

          “N-no sir, he was v-very…hostile towards any attempt of conversation or acknowledgement. I’m sorry.” Ryo wasn’t a practiced liar and the Elder Angel saw that right away, fortunately for Ryo, he came to the wrong conclusion.

          “Did he hurt you, harm you in anyway?” Ryo slowly shook his head, telling Rose that he neglected him of any attention and other than the usual taunts and threats that most Demons gave to their enemies, he was just glad that he had made it back to the heavens in one piece. “Very well then, in that case I want you to go back tonight under disguise. Supposedly he is throwing a big party tonight and I want you to successfully accomplish your mission. I am giving you a charm that will last you a week, all you need to do is invoke it and the Demon will be unable to harm you in any physical way. Understood?” Ryo nodded dumbly at his ‘good fortune’ and turned to leave before Rose could make any untoward advances towards him.

          Well I guess there is no harm in dropping by early, since it is my job after all. I wonder, is it coincidence, or fate?

                                                                                                                                                         

 

   & nbsp;      Ryo decided to fly down to Dee’s castle and take in the sights. He loved to stretch his wings and view the beautiful countryside but ever since he had become an Arch Angel he hadn’t gotten much of a chance to do it. He saw the castle in the distance, but a small dot on the horizon and he flew above the clouds, wanting to surprise the Demon with his extended visit. I don’t know why I am getting all enthusiastic about this but I'm glad that I can stay and not get in trouble for it.

                    He landed on the grounds to see Bikky directing various suppliers for the party to their designated places, arguing with the caterers that Dee wanted to use his own plates, not some strange man’s. The Demon boy saw Ryo and waved him over, dragging him quickly into the nearest bathroom before he could make a scene. “Ryo what are you doing here now?! And with your Arch Angel garb on as well as your wings extended, you trying to get killed?” Ryo apologized before explaining his reasons for being here early, as well as his wish to surprise the Demon Lord.

          “Well, first you have to change and Dee has guests upstairs so if you’re going to meet him you better play it cool. Oh and since you look like a Demon, act like one! You have to be suave and cool, like me!” The pair proceeded in perfecting Ryo’s ‘Demon act’ until he could actually pass off as one at the party that night without giving himself away. Ryo got dressed in a new set of clothes Bikky had given him, deciding to save the ones he had for the party and even though he thought he looked very unusual in all the black, Bikky said that he looked perfect in a tight, black, beater and a black pair of denim shorts with faded white streaks on the thighs. A pair of dark oval sunglasses perched on the top of his head completed the ensemble.

          Bikky nodded his approval and directed the ‘Demon’ towards Dee’s study, giving him the thumbs-up sign before returning to his duties. Ryo stood outside the door, listening to the male voices inside and decided that he had gone crazy. He had never done something so daring and he oddly felt a strange euphoria for the acts he was about to commit. Taking a deep breath and knocking on the door, he opened it and sauntered in the room as if he owned the place, a smirk gracing his lips the whole time.

          To say that Dee was stunned at the sexy Demon before him would have been a gross understatement. Ryo walked into the room and looked at the other two occupants with a practiced nonchalance and walked over to the gaping Demon Lord. “Hey Dee, just thought I would swing by early.” Dee glared at Drake when he heard the man mumble ‘Yeah that’s right baby swing that ass....’ and turned his attention back to the pseudo Demon.

          “That’s wonderful; I really started to miss you.” Dee wrapped his arms around Ryo’s waist and pulled him in for a kiss, and a not so innocent one either. If Ryo was shocked when the Demon slipped his tongue between his parted lips he certainly didn’t show it, making Ted’s jaw drop to the floor and Drake whine ‘He always gets the good ones’. “Guys this is Ryo, Ryo meet Ted and Drake.” Ryo expressed how nice it was to meet them and turned back to address Dee.

          “I’ll be around later; I think I’m gonna go take a nap. See ya when I see ya ne?” Ryo exited the room with a sexy shake of his dark blonde head, taking off his sunglasses and placing them onto his slender nose before he closed the door behind him. Upon his exit the room went dead silent and two pairs of eyes turned to the Demon Lord.  Ted was the first one to break the silence with a rather loud exclamation “Where the hell did you find him, He’s gorgeous!” Followed by Drake’s incessant whining on how none of the girls liked him and neither did the guys for that matter but Dee always had the luck. When Dee simply sat there and smirked at the pathetic duo, the two decided that they didn’t have to take this kind of torture anymore and gave their goodbyes. With the pair gone, Dee immediately went in search of Ryo, finding him napping under an apple tree, sunglasses covering his dark eyes.

          The Demon chuckled at Ryo’s smooth way of surprising him and found himself tracing the Angel’s jawbone with a light finger, eyes full of longing for the being before him. Ryo opened his eyes at the delicate touch and frowned in protest when the caressing hand started to pull away. “That was quite a stunt you pulled back there, I never knew you could be so sexy.” The Angel blushed and lifted his sunglasses to stare into the Demon’s eyes. “Your one to talk Mr. Laytner, since when did an innocent kiss become a frencher huh?” Dee laughed throatily and smirked. “It didn’t exactly seem like you didn’t like it yourself, Mr. MacLean.”

          This comment made the Angel blush again and he shook his head in exasperation at the Demon. Dee laughed and lay down next to the Angel, resting his head on Ryo’s shoulder and allowing the blonde to run slender fingers through his dark hair. Sighing in contentment, the Demon quickly fell asleep, deciding that a quick nap before an all night gala couldn’t hurt. Ryo on the other hand couldn’t fall asleep so quickly, confused thoughts towards Dee making him question his sanity. Bikky smiled at the pair from the edge of the orchard, as did the Angel girl that was with him before taking her hand and walking through the garden.

                                                                                                       

      ;     And that’s a wrap, well what do ya think? To continue or not to continue, that is thy question.  Well thanks to all who reviewed and please keep them coming they keep me going! Well here are a few shout-outs and thank you so much for your support!

Xzanayu: They did but Carol wasn’t really supposed to be there but that just adds to the fun doesn’t it?

Kit-yang: Gets off of floor and clears head I wouldn’t kill you, it’s great talking to you on aim let's see about that story ne?

vampire0louis: I didn’t listen cuz I'm headstrong but thanks anyway for your support! Thanks so much!

Daftsage: No way you’re in NROTC?! That’s great if not that’s cool too, thanks for reviewing salutes

Isuki: Thanks for your constant support from one story to another, I appreciate it!

Ryozo san: Okay here it is for ya! Danke!

Demeter: okey-dokey just for you!

The random queen: Yea I know that sounded really dirty but I typed it really early in the morning so I wasn’t thinking straight. Maybe I will go back and fix it. Anyway, yes Ryo has Angel wings that can retract into his back at his will but Dee has no wings, he has a flying horsie though, well until I reveal my deepest secret for that muahahahaha.

Firegodes7: Hopefully I will finish it this time, I’m thinking about dropping my other fic Clinging cuz I'm getting bored with that. But thanks!

Last vampire: Can do!

Linea: No please don’t squish me!! I don’t want to know the pain of the mallet. Jeeze what is it with people and threatening me? Lol

Aylin: Thank you! Just so I know what does ciao bella mean? Thanks.

           

         

 & nbsp;