Fake Fan Fiction ❯ Only Hope ❯ The Night Before ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The ride home seemed much faster in the taxi then it did in ambulance for Dee. Maybe it was because every second that passed was another second that he could have been losing Ryo. He tried to brush off those feelings as he looked over at a tired Bikky who was staring out the window on the other side of the backseat. Dee sighed and put his arm around the preteen who made no move of shoving him off. Even though Dee and Bikky had their differences and, well, downright hated each other from time to time, there was no denying that the two shared a common goal, to make sure Ryo was safe. Ryo had become a vital person in both of their lives as they were to him. One could say it was a family, unconventional yes, but a family nonetheless.
The taxi pulled up to Ryo and Bikky's apartment and the preteen hopped out and immediately walked inside the lobby while Dee paid the cab fare. Once inside the comforts of the large apartment Bikky immediately retreated to his room where he flopped onto his bed. Dee dropped his jacket and stood in the doorway of Bikky's room.
“You want me to make you anything to eat while I'm still awake?” Dee asked. He felt ready to crash himself, but he knew Ryo would want Bikky to be provided for while he was still in the hospital.
“Nah.” Bikky responded rolling over onto his side his back to Dee.
“Alright.” Dee answered. “But I am not letting you leave to see Ryo or anything else until you have eaten something. Knowing Ryo, he'll go ape shit if he finds that his fridge is actually full of food and not in that bottomless pit you call a gut.”
Bikky made a face, but still didn't move to face Dee.
“Bite me perv.”
Dee smirked.
“Yeah, yeah go to sleep monkey brat.”
Dee closed the door to Bikky's room and walked into the living room. The place suddenly felt so…empty…without Ryo. Even though Dee had his own apartment, he barely stayed there anymore unless Ryo was coming over. In truth Ryo had a fascination with Dee's apartment. He would have spent more time there if he had not had to go home to Bikky. Even though it was a tad messy, Ryo loved the architecture of it, especially the large half circle window overlooking the city. Many a nights Dee and Ryo could be found making love on the large daybed underneath the moons tender beams that shown through. Other times, Ryo just liked to lie there in Dee's arms and just watch nature and the life of New York City pass carelessly throughout the day. It was the perfect bachelor pad, but Ryo made it into something more. He was always good at that.
Dee sighed as exhaustion finally got the best of him too. He was tempted to call the precinct and find out how the case was going against the perp that attacked Ryo, but decided to wait on it. As long as he was in police clutches, then he wasn't going anywhere. The concern right now was Ryo and that was all that mattered.
Dee shuffled into the bedroom, stripped himself down to his boxers, and collapsed onto the large king bed. For a 2 bedroom apartment that housed only a police officer and his son, the bed seemed a little extravagant, but not to Ryo. It had been his parents former bed and the thought of getting rid of it after they had died just didn't mesh with Ryo. The bed held too many good memories from his childhood. Many times when little Ryo had a nightmare or when a thunderstorm scared him he would scamper into the bedroom and climb right into the middle between his mother and father where there would always be a waiting arm to hold him close. Other times like on a lazy Sunday morning, he would sit in the bed with them and chat. Even when he was older, he would go into the room and sit on the edge of the bed with them and just talk. These memories always brought tears to Ryo's eyes and Dee often found himself caringly holding his partner and comforting him. The memory of the night before seeped into his mind.

Flashback
The chief had given them the night off since the next day was going to be hectic with the stake out, so the two detectives decided to make it for just the two of them. Dee had a good idea and made a quick stop at his apartment to grab some things while Ryo, back at his apartment, ushered Bikky off to Carol's for the night which he gladly did because he hated being around when the two men were in “the mood.” When Dee returned him and Ryo then made a simple, but romantic dinner. When the meal was about ready to be put on the table Dee had insisted it be a “date night” and that Ryo put on something a little nicer for the occasion. Being the ever sophisticated gentleman that he was Ryo obliged and ran off to the bedroom. He dressed in a nice white dress shirt and black slacks. After brushing his hair and adding a little cologne, he was ready.
Or so he thought. When he opened the door, he gasped. The lights to the apartment had been dimmed except for the little dining table that was decked out in a white tablecloth and two lit candles. There was even a little vase holding a white rose. Soft, sensual jazz was playing in the background on the CD player.
“Do you like it?” Asked a voice.
Ryo darted his eyes and out came Dee from the kitchen. He was wearing black suit jacket, white button up, black tie, and pants. Ryo felt his face flush at the sight of his beautiful raven haired lover.
“Dee…” Ryo murmured.
Dee approached Ryo and put his hand on the soft alabaster face.
“God you are so beautiful.” Dee said placing a soft kiss on Ryo's forehead.
Ryo flushed more at the feel of his lover's soft lips against his skin.
“Me beautiful?” Ryo said as his eyes skimmed up and down Dee. “I feel under dressed compared to you. You look amazing!”
Dee laughed as he stroked Ryo's honeyed locks.
“Well, you always said I look sexier when I dress up and I want to make you happy. Besides you always take a little longer than me to get ready for even something as small as this, so I figured I could pull it off. You surprised?”
Ryo smiled.
“Very.” He responded.
Dee grinned and took Ryo's hand.
“Good, now lets eat shall we?” He said and led Ryo to the dining table where their food was waiting and the wine waiting to be uncorked. The two took their time with the dinner, which was just a quick chicken stir fry and salad. The red wine they drank was delicious and relaxed them even more so that they found themselves cuddled up against one another and feeding each other as if they were in high school freshman experiencing first love. In a way, for the both of them, it was.
Dee got up from the table and extended his hand to Ryo.
“Dance with me?” He asked.
Ryo blushed again and gratefully took the hand that led him into the middle of the living room. There they embraced more than got into a dancing position and began to sway happily to the music.
“Mmm…I love being in your arms like this.” Ryo said resting his head in the crook of Dee's neck.
“I can't imagine you not being in them.” Dee responded nuzzling his chin to Ryo's hair and closing his eyes taking in the captivating scent that could only be his Ryo. This man meant everything to him. Ryo was his world, his life, his heart.
“I love you.” Ryo murmured as Dee tightened his arms around him.
“I love you too.” Dee whispered as they turned slowly.
Ryo began giggling. Dee looked down at him with an eyebrow raised.
“What's so funny?” He asked.
Ryo smiled up at him.
“Us.” He said. “How mushy we have gotten. If the guys at the precinct knew that this is how we acted after work, they'd never let us live it down.”
Dee snorted.
“Yeah right, like they don't get all sickening when they go home to their significant others.”
Ryo laughed again.
“Even the chief?” He asked.
Dee made a gagging noise.
“God don't give me mental images like that. I'd rather he yell at me rather than be nice to me, bleck.” Dee shook his head. The day I see the chief act like a human being is the day Bikky and I actually get along.”
Ryo looked up at him.
“Then I will DEFINITELY think of a way to get on the chief's good side!”
Dee smirked.
“Need I remind you who you are partnered with?”
Ryo slapped his head playfully.
“Oh yes, I forgot, the 27s resident bad ass! The one who has ruined my clean reputation.”
Dee grinned as they twirled once more to the music.
“Damn straight baby!” He said. “I'm the baddest ass this side of the Big Apple! And hey you're reputation needed some dirtying up, staying so prim and proper like that will turn you into an old geezer before your forty. And well, I am not willling to wait for the viagara to kick in when we want to do it!”
Ryo laughed heartily and shook his head as he pressed his body closer to Dee's.
“You're impossible.” He said.
Dee smiled.
“And you love me for it.” He said tilting Ryo's chin so they were looking into each other's eyes.
“That I do.” Ryo said just as Dee's lip dipped to join his in a soft warm kiss. When they finally parted for air, the lustful look in the jade and midnight eyes only brought them together once again. This time with fervor, arms clasped tightly around each other, tongues dueling, and quiet heated moans beginning to sound with each breath.
Ryo finally got a chance to speak, sort of, as Dee began planting soft kissing around his neck.
“Maybe we should head to bed.” He said panting as he tilted his head back and gave Dee more access.
Dee grinned.
“Good idea!”
Ryo was about to move forward when the next thing he knew he tripped and found himself flung over Dee's shoulder! A little trick Ryo realized as he heard Dee snickering.
“Dee!” Ryo yelled surprisred. “What are you doing?! I can walk to the bedroom myself ya know!?”
Dee just laughed as he headed towards the bedroom.
“Like I said back in England baby, you can't stop the Dee engine when it's already running! I'm ready now!”
He gave Ryo's butt a little tap as he kicked open the bedroom door. There he gently dropped Ryo onto the large mattress and with a little hop was on top of him in seconds.
Ryo just laughed as his lover stared at him with mischievous eyes.
“I love you Dee, I don't know what I would do without you.” He said smiling.
Dee felt a flutter in his heart at those words.
“I love you too Ryo.” He said as he leaned in to kiss Ryo. “Forever and always.”
With that being said the two lovers shed each other's clothes and began the dance that was the physical expression of each other's love. Ryo was still quite shy about sex, but when the passion hit him, he let it all go in Dee's strong arms and Dee gladly gave and took as his body rocked and joined with Ryo's. It was sweaty, dirty, loud, loving, tender, and passionate. In other words it was absolutely beautiful. Nothing that either man had ever experienced before with anyone else but each other. They finished together and held each other close, panting and smiling, the ethereal shine that was a good after glow cascading around them along with the shining moonlight.
“God, that was wonderful.” Ryo said as he laid his head on Dee's heaving sweaty chest. “You're amazing Dee.”
Dee smiled through closed eyes as he waited for his heart to settle down.
“Look whose talking, you are so good.” He responded wrapping his arms tighter around Ryo.
Ryo sighed and nuzzled into Dee's neck.
“Dee?”
“Yeah?”
“Be honest with me.” Ryo asked.
“Of course.” Dee said a little nervous about what the question might be. Ryo was always the type to keep things to himself unlike Dee who would announce anything to anyone whether they liked it or not.
“What were your other lovers like compared to me?”
Dee crooked an eyebrow.
“What kind of question is that?” He asked.
Ryo leaned up on his elbow and looked into Dee's eyes.
“I'm just curious.” He said staring into the beautiful green eyes. “I just wonder sometimes if well, they made you happier than I make you, not just in bed, but in general.”
Dee stared at Ryo in amazement. They had just had a romantic dinner complete with dancing and a love making session that would make a porn star blush and Ryo was questioning his love for him!?
Ryo stared at him with worried eyes. So Dee gave him a little bop on the head.
“Did you hit your head too hard against the head board when we were going at it back there? Geez what would make you ask such a dumb question?!” Dee asked laughing. “If any of my lovers made me as happy as you have made me, I would have been with them now!”
“Oh.” Ryo said sounding down heartened darting his eyes away.
Dee shook his head.
“But that's why I am with you!” He said taking Ryo's face in his hands. “Ryo, you are the best thing that could have ever happened to me. You're a caring man, a great detective, a hell of a father to that brat, a good friend, a fucking hot lover, and you're gorgeous! You're my dream come true!”
Ryo blushed.
“I just wonder sometimes because I am still, well, not so new to us being together, but after everything we have been through, I still get insecure sometimes.” Ryo responded
He looked Dee straight in the eyes as Dee caressed his face.
“I don't want this to be a one time thing.”
Dee smiled.
“That's the last thing I ever want.” He said. “When I say I love you, I mean it with my whole heart, and not a day goes by when I don't find myself being more in love with you.”
Dee took Ryo's hand and put it on his olive toned chest right on his heart.
“Everything that is you is in here.” He said. “And what I feel in here, I never want to let go of.”
Ryo felt a few tears prickling his eyes as he took Dee's hand and placed it on his heart and held it there.
“Every beat in here, is a beat for you.” He said. “You're my strength Dee. You're my heart.”
Dee, feeling a little overcome, reached in and kissed Ryo tenderly. Their hands still holding on to one another's hearts. A frantic tattoo of beats that strummed through their veins.
“I love you Randy “Ryo” Maclean.” Dee said breathlessly.
“I love you Dee Laytner.” Ryo responded and soon their lips joined together once again.
End Flashback

Dee groaned as he basked in the smells of his lover in those sheets. The night before had been so beautiful and he wanted to experience it with Ryo again. But instead Ryo was in a hospital room and Dee was here, both alone. Dee wanted to cry, but he fought off the urge. Something else from the night before was plaguing his mind.
“Forever and always.” Dee murmured. “Maybe…”
RING
RING
Dee cursed at the sound interrupting his train of important thought.
“Damn phone.” He said and reached over to pick it up.