Fake Fan Fiction ❯ Only Hope ❯ Who Wants Cake? ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mother rubbed Dee's back as he finished re-iterating the whole story.
 
“Ryo was released a few days later, and he has been so strong.” Dee said. “Even during the physical therapy when it would hurt, when he would sit at the desk while me and the guys had to respond to cases, when he had to keep taking those antibiotics to keep the infection at bay and it would make him sick, he never complained not even once. He always tried to stay upbeat through it all.”
 
Dee dropped his face in his hands.
 
“I just watched him and God I fell in love with him all over again.” Dee said. “He is just so amazing. I don't know if I am enough for him.”
 
“That is crazy Dee!” Mother Maria said suddenly tugging his ear. “What makes you think such a ridiculous thing?”
 
“Mother you know what I mean!” He yelled back. “Ryo is so much stronger than me! He needs someone who will know how to really take care of him!”
 
“But that is what you have been doing my child!” She argued. “Who has been there for him all this time? Who has taken care of him when he was ill from the drugs or when his leg was bothering him? Ryo told me just before how he felt so grateful to you for all you have done!”
 
Dee looked over at her.
 
“Really penguin?” He asked worriedly.
 
“You know I would never lie to you Dee.” She said. “It was just before you disappeared out here. I went over to talk to him to see how he was feeling these days and he told me what a big help you were to him and his son. How he wished there was something he could do to repay you for your kindness.”
 
Dee looked at her overwhelmed.
 
“He said all that?” Dee asked.
 
“That he did my child.” She said smiling. “He loves you with all his heart. The look in his eyes was genuine adoration and now this party just for his birthday and congratulations on his swift recovery he doesn't know how to thank you.”
 
Dee smiled as he put his chin in his hands.
 
“There is one way he can thank me Mother.” He looked over at her. “Round up the troops, I think its time for Ryo to thank me.”
*
*
*
Dee walked back into the party room where Ryo was smiling and laughing with Drake and JJ. Most of the off duty detectives from the 27 had come. Dee had smartly planned the party when Rose would have to work a 3rd shift and be unable to attend. He didn't want the blonde four eyes trying to hit on Ryo and spoiling the party. He might have if Diana was around to keep the Commissioner distracted, but she was in California working on a case with the FBI.
 
Ryo's smile widened when he saw Dee, but before he had a chance to see him…
 
“DEE SENPAI!!!”
 
GLOMP
 
“JJ!!!”
 
Dee was on his back with JJ nuzzling him like there was no tomorrow.
 
“Dee you throw such wonderful parties!” He said. “Oh and you look so handsome!! I can't believe you are wearing a suit…you should wear a suit all the time…it makes you soo sexy….
 
“DAMMIT JJ GET OFF OF ME!” Dee yelled. He looked up to see Ryo and Drake laughing at him. He pulled the force sniper off of him and adjusted his clothing that had become rumpled from the glomp attack. Ryo was smiling and laughing, his dark eyes sparkling like stars twinkling in a night sky.
 
“Hey birthday boy.” Dee said putting a hand on Ryo's face. “You having fun?”
Ryo nodded.
 
“The best.” He said. “This was so nice of you Dee, but you didn't really have to.”
 
“Yes he did!” Ted said coming over to them. “Where else would we get all this free food and booze? Knowing Dee, we would have ended up footing the bill at some bar.”
 
“Yeah especially the way Dee drinks.” Drake added.
 
The detectives laughed heartily while Dee glared.
 
“Ha Ha I'm a living joke.” He said. Dee turned to Ryo who blushed trying hard not to laugh along with their friends so he could help keep Dee's dignity in tact. Dee's smile softened as he looked at his lover's sweet face and the nice navy suit he was wearing for the occasion. He looked gorgeous.
 
“If you three are done insulting me!” He said. “I think its time Ryo cut his birthday cake and open his presents!”
 
“YAY CAKE!” JJ yelled.
 
“Dee….” Ryo said shyly.

Dee disappeared and a few moments later the lights were dimmed. Everyone gathered around a large table where Ryo was led over to the center front as a large rectangular chocolate cake was brought out lit with thirty candles and one for good luck. The kids, Bikky and Carol included, were practically drooling. Dee reappeared and put his arm around him.
 
“Okay let's embarrass Ryo further everybody!” Dee yelled as everyone's voices lifted loud and somewhat off-key as they all sang Happy Birthday to Ryo. Ryo was laughing shyly as they finished.
 
“Aw thanks everyone!” He said sweetly as he prepared to blow out the candles.
 
“WAIT!” A young voice yelled. It was a little boy from the orphanage. “You gots ta make a wish first!”
 
Everyone laughed as Ryo patted the boy on the head.
 
“You're right.” He said smiling. “Thank you for reminding me Tim!”
 
Ryo closed his eyes momentarily and thought carefully. Then he opened them and with a deep breath, blew out all the candles on his birthday cake. Everyone cheered as he began to cut the cake and handed slices out to everyone.
 
“Dee this is wonderful.” Ryo said as he finally cut himself a piece of cake.
 
“Well you deserve it babe.” Dee said his mouth full of cake. “Not everyday that your favorite partner turns thirty! You're getting old dude!”
Ryo laughed.
 
“You be careful there, you're not far behind yourself.” He said. “Won't be long before those black hairs on your little head will start turning gray!”
 
“GAAAH!” Dee yelled. “Don't say that to my hair!” He raised his eyes and he patted the strands that were starting to fall. “Don't listen to him boys, just stay nice and black!”
 
Ryo laughed at Dee and finished his cake. He watched as Mother Maria sat with the orphans wiping their faces with napkins because they were covered in chocolate cake.
 
“Thanks for inviting the orphans and Mother Maria Dee.” Ryo said.
 
Dee smiled.
 
“Well, they're your family too right?” He said. “They know how much you mean to me, so they feel the same way too. You're like their big brother or an uncle, or even a dad…especially to kids like the monkey brat.”
 
Ryo touched by the words, wiped his eyes.
 
“Aw Dee.” He said with a sniff.
 
“I mean it.” Dee said wiping a stray tear from Ryo's face. “They love ya man almost as much as I do.”
 
Before Ryo could cry any further, Dee took charge.
 
“OKAY TIME FOR THE BIRTHDAY BOY TO OPEN HIS PRESENTS!” He yelled. “AND THERE'D BETTER BE SOME GOOD LOOT COMING HIS WAY OR I WILL USE IT FOR SHOOTING PRACTICE!”
 
“Pfft…like you have good aim Dee!” Drake yelled.
 
“SHUDDUP PARKER!”