Fan Fiction / Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Journey of the Dragon Bladers ❯ The 'Mighty Warrior' ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A.N. My cousin said chapter 6 was too short, so I combined 5 and 6. It works out better this way.

Cherie walked into the mine like she'd done it a thousand times, "Come on, hurry up." Deis nodded, "If you don't keep up, you'll easily get lost, this place is a maze…" Cherie frowned a bit and stopped at a large lift, "This way…" Hillary glared, "And how are all of us going to fit on that little thing!" Deis laughed, " `Cause I'm staying up here, all of you, get on the lift…it'll be a tight squeeze, but it'll work." She leaned against a wall and smiled.

Cherie stepped onto the lift and waited for the others. Ray frowned, "That thing looks rusty…you sure it's safe?" Cherie nodded, examining a small panel. Tyson jumped onto the lift, "Looks sturdy to me." Deis chuckled, "Don't bug Cherie too much while you're down there, Tyson." "No big deal, right? I mean, we only have to get your sister out of here…right?" Zeo asked. Cherie nodded, "Shouldn't be that hard." "So how do we fit into all this?" Kenny/Chief asked. "Remember that crystal?" Cherie asked. Max nodded, "That thing you yelled at Zeo not to touch?" Cherie nodded, "Yeah, you have to break a huge deposit down at B2." "I thought you said this was a rescue mission." Hillary said, suspicious. Deis nodded, "Cyra is inside it, and we can't touch it." Kai looked at Deis, "Why not?" "Because it's poisonous type, Cyra's fine, but the minute we try to get her out…" Hillary shivered, "I get the idea…" Cherie didn't look up from the controls, "But a strong enough beyblade would shatter that crystal no problem." Deis looked at the lift, "Better get a move on, then…" Cherie tried to get as much space as possible as the group piled into the lift and pushed the button for B2.

The lift went down. `Good thing I'm not claustrophobic.' Cherie thought. The lift came to a screeching halt. `Finally!' Tyson and the others stumbled out into a pile. Cherie smiled and hopped over the pile, "This way." "Sheesh, you say that a lot," Tyson grumbled. Cherie pointed at the large room at the end of rock tunnel. Tyson blinked, "So, it's a room." Hillary looked in, "That…is…a huge…" Tyson shrugged "It's a shiny red rock." "It's a crystal," Cherie corrected, not going into the room, " And my sister Cyra is inside that thing." Tyson walked in, looking back, "So, come on in then, you scared?" Cherie shook her head, "No, the guard dog of this place just knows me." Ray stiffened, " `Guard dog'?" Cherie pointed, "Yeah, over there."

Zeo looked back at a the pile of bones Cherie was pointing at, "What? That?" Cherie nodded, "It'll remain dormant as long as the crystal isn't touched…I'll handle it when it wakes up." "Let me guess…the bones come to life?" Cherie shook her head, "Not quite…but go ahead…" Hillary folded her arms, "Look, if a pile of bones is going to attack us…" Cherie shook her head, "The bones won't attack." Tyson shrugged, "Let's just shatter the dumb thing already!" Cherie nodded, "Besides, Cyra is waiting." Hillary sighed, "You know that when this is all over you have to explain all this right?" "Naturally…" Cherie took out a silver and blue beyblade, "Let's do this."

*************************************************************** *******

Cherie nervously watched, making sure her plan went right. The six beyblades, including her own, Mezzeri each sped full speed towards the giant crystal. Cherie glared as the pile of bones gave a large shudder; "Not yet…she muttered…" Mezzeri was the first to smash into the crystal. Not even a scratch. Cherie ignored the others cheers as they launched their beyblades and focused on the crystal. She waited, watching a small, hairline crack form in the red surface. `We're almost there…' she thought, watching the constant onslaught of the beyblades. Several cracks were beginning to form. Cherie smiled, "GO MEZZERI!" The others all stared at her in surprise. A jet-black fox emerged from Cherie's blade. "ATTACK!"

Red shards flew everywhere. Cherie smiled, "Thank you all for weakening it…" Zeo cautiously walked over to the shattered crystal, "It's empty." "WHAAAT!" Cherie shoved past Zeo and peered into the center of the crystal, "But…Cyra was here…." A large, dark red claw rose from the bones. Tyson's eyes widened, "Huh, I think it's time to go."

*************************************************************** ***************

Deis' eyes widened as the group emerged, dragging a very shocked-looking Cherie behind them. "Where is Cyra." Tyson made a face, "She sent us on a wild goose-chase." Deis frowned, "She wasn't there?" Tyson nodded. Cherie frowned, "I still sense her though…" Deis shrugged, "It can't be…uhm…Zeo, come here a second." "Huh? Uh, okay." Deis went behind Zeo and pulled something from his hair. She held up a tiny, struggling, lizard-like creature with blue scales and tiny butterfly wings." HEY!" It squealed. "You succeeded." Cherie's eyes widened, "She was in her true form, not her human form, no wonder." "PUT ME DOWN!" the creature yelled, "JUST `CAUSE YOU'RE BIGGER THAN ME DOESN'T MEAN YOU'RE STRONGER!" Deis smiled, "May I introduce, Cherie's half sister, this is Cyra."