Fan Fiction / Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Journey of the Dragon Bladers ❯ Dragon City ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A.N.: I got a brand new computer, which means that I'll be updating more often, and the chapters will be as long as I want. I had to make the previous ones shorter due to computer glitch.

**************************************************************** **********************

Cherie walked into the hotel room and gestured to a set of weapons, "Alright, Cyra will hand out the weapons, and tomorrow, we set out." Cyra readjusted on Zeo's shoulder "Why do I gotta hand out weapons?" "Because I'm older, now do it." "No." "Okay fine, Ray, you got that pole thing, it's a weapon of cat-people and you look kind of like a cat…" Ray scratched his head, "Uhh, okay." Cyra snickered and fluttered her wings, "I think he's confused." "Looks like it…" "Okay, Kai you got a sword…Max, here's a magic staff…sorry, they only came in purple…" Max stared at the tiny purple magic staff, "How do I use this little thing?" Cherie snickered, "I'll teach you later, let's see…Zeo, this is yours." Cherie held up a perfectly carved spear. Zeo blinked, "Uh, thanks." Cyra tilted her head, "So is that sword mine?" "You bet, Hillary will get a rare weapon later, and Tyson is our packhou…I mean carrier of our important items…you should be honored Tyson." "I'M NOT A PACKHORSE!" "Who said you were? Someone needs to carry our valuable items, besides, I have attack items in this bag, now rest up everyone, we have a big day tomorrow…you each have your own bed…even Cyra…if she changes back." Cyra puffed out her cheeks, "Fine."

**************************************************************** **********************

"HEY! IF YOUGUYS ARE GONNA SLEEP YOU PAY ME EXTRA!!" yelled a female voice. Someone began to poke Tyson, "HEY!" Tyson woke up and glared at a teenage-looking girl with pale blue-green hair. "What's all the noise?" asked a sleepy Cyra. "Just our guide," said Cherie's voice, "Wake everyone up, will you." "SURE!" With a small `pop' Cyra changed to her dragon form. Cherie shook her head and turned around, "I wonder what she's doing?" "OW! HEY! THAT"S MY HAIR!" Cyra flew by snickering, "Ray's up." The guide raised an eyebrow, "Who's Ray?" "Part of this group." "That butterfly is seriously hyper." "NOT A BUTTERFLY!" Cyra yelled. "Cyra, keep it down," mumbled a sleeping Zeo. "Oh, sorry." Cherie rolled her eyes, "WAKE UP, YOU, WE'RE LEAVING IN TEN MINUTES!"

**************************************************************** *********************

The guide, Ceri looked back at the group, "Keep up, the next town is just through the cave." "Through the cave?!" Hillary yelled, "Tunnel is more like it." Ceri nodded, "Just a shortcut I've discovered over the years." Cherie shrugged, "As long as it gets us to the town…I don't care if it goes through a volcano." Ceri grinned, "It used to be, but that was a long time ago, just follow this path and you'll be right at the city." Max looked back, "Aren't you coming?" Ceri shook her head, "No, I can't go within a mile of the place, long story." Cherie tossed a bag to Ceri and turned to the tunnel; "Alright, let's go… where's Cyra?" Ray laughed and pointed at a pair of butterfly wings just barely poking out of Zeo's hair. Cherie's eyes narrowed, "CYRA!"

**************************************************************** *******************

Cherie grinned, "Finally, there's the city." "I thought that the city would look a little more, well, nice," Cyra muttered. Cherie looked at her, "Deis told me it's been on a slow decline for a long time." "Is the city behind that junkpile?" Tyson blurted out. "That `junkpile' is the hometown of our people!" Kai studied the city for a minute, "So it's full of dragons." Cherie frowned, "Not exactly." Cyra frowned, "I remember it being much bigger." "Let's go, they await the return of the `great dragon warrior'." "Huh?"

**************************************************************** *******************

"Welcome, we were expecting you, welcome to Dragnier," an old man said. "Welcome great dragon warrior!" yelled an old woman. "You were just what we expected!" yelled another. Cherie smiled proudly, `Finally, my little sister is being recognized as a great warrior.' A really old man stepped forward, "Welcome dragon warrior, you have formed unusual alliances, but such is normal for our warriors, you and your counterpart will do much good." Tyson leaned toward Cherie, "What's that old geezer talking about?" he whispered. Cherie smacked Tyson on the back of the head, "That's the elder your talking about!" The old man laughed, "Such amusing companions, Great warrior." An old woman turned around, "What are you waiting for, take the warrior to the dining hall." Cherie looked at Cyra's butterfly/dragon form, " `This will be interesting." A group of old ladies grabbed Zeo's arm, "Come along Mighty Warrior." "Huh? But I'm not…" Cherie's eyes widened, `This isn't what was supposed to happen.' Cyra fluttered after the group, "Hey! Wait up!"