Fan Fiction / Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Journey of the Dragon Bladers ❯ The Two Teams ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A.N.: This chapter's a bit short for me. I might be posting another fic real soon, by the way.

*************************************************************** ***********************

"How can they think that kid is one of us!" Cherie grumbled, "You are the true warrior little sister." "I don't really care, I'm no warrior, and it's not Zeo's fault…" Cherie glared at Cyra, "At one time you were the best warrior." "I was? Well, Zeo can still have the title if he wants it, now can I please go and eat with the others! Maybe those old people can tell me what the heck is going on," Cyra grumbled. Cherie sighed, "It's too late now, we just have to play along." Cyra sighed and flew towards a house in the middle of town. Cherie shook her head, then suddenly smiled `Screw the plan, this is getting interesting.'

*************************************************************** ***********************

"I hope you all find this meal satisfactory, it was all we had to offer," said the old man, pointing to a large table full of food. Hillary examined the food; "You people sure do like your meat here." The old man laughed revealing a pair of sharp, tiny fangs, "We are dragons young lady, remember that…by the way, that young lady you were with, that was Cherie, correct?" Tyson made a face and nodded, "Yeah, that was her." "Well, she kept her promise and brought us another warrior, we didn't think so many of our kind still existed." "But, I'm not…" Zeo started to say. "They are a bit confused, sir," Cherie interrupted walking in, "Just tell me where we need to go." The man smiled, "I take it you have decided to lead this little group." Cherie sat down, grabbed three pieces of bread and began to build a sandwich using the 15 strange meats in front of her. "You bet I have, I'll bet I'm the only one who can lift a sword in this group." "Such actions are not a part of your order, Cherie." Cherie smiled a bit, "Don't worry, nothing will happen, I am a priestess in the dragon shrine, I know healing as well as attack magic." Cyra's eyes widened, "You never said you were…" The old woman walked towards Zeo and gestured towards Cyra, "Is this butterfly your servant, mighty warrior?" Cyra's eyes narrowed taking a slightly red tinge, "I'm no butterfly! I'm a dragon, and I'm nobody's servant!" "Hey, check out the talking butterfly," said a male voice. Cyra folded her wings launched her tiny, lizard-like body towards the voice, "I'M NOT A BUTTERFLY!" Something grabbed Cyra by the tail. "Actually, she looks more like a dragon." Cyra's red eyes turned back to their original color, "Hey! Let go of my tail!" A golden cat-guy's face filled her vision, "Hey there, butterfly." "HEY!" Cyra yelled. "Leave her alone, Rei." "Fine, Ryu, here you go." Cyra wiggled around, "LET ME GO OR I'LL…!" "Rei, put the strange creature down!" "Fine Momo, it's still a butterfly." "I'M NOT A BUTTERFLY! I AM A DRAGON!" Tyson poked at the cat-guy's ears, "Are these things real or what?" "HEY! CUT THAT OUT!" Cyra twisted around and bit into the cat-guy's hand, "LET GO!!!!" "OWWWW!" Cyra made a face and spat out strands of gold fur, "BLECH! Cat fur." Cherie watched as her little sister flew to Zeo's shoulder, "Stupid cat." A girl with wings examined Cyra, "Definitely not an evil dragon, she kind of looks like a happy pet." "A happy pet? I'm not a pet!" The girl laughed, "You act like it, so you must be." Cyra tilted her head, "And you have wings, does that make you an angel?" "No, I guess not…does that mean this guy's your boyfriend?" A red tinge came to Cyra's scales, "NO WAY! WE'RE NOT EVEN THE SAME SPECIES!" The cat-guy tilted his head, confused, "But, you're both dragons right?" Cherie chuckled, `At least she's still playing along, no matter how embarrassing it gets.' Cyra changed into her human form and sat down, "Hey, Kai pass me bowl." "Which one?" The one with the eggs in it." Cherie absent-mindedly chewed on her sandwich, "We'd better introduce ourselves before Cyra explodes, I'm Cherie and the one sulking is Cyra, that's Hillary, the one stuffing his face is Tyson, Chief's the one with the weird machine," Cherie took a breath," Kai's the quiet one, Ray's the weird one, and Zeo…I don't know what to say about him." Cyra looked at Cherie, "You done?" The girl with wings bowed, "I'm Nina, this is Ryu, Rei, that little onion is Peco…..where's Momo?" A woman with rabbit-like ears studied Kenny's computer, "How interesting, I wonder how this machine works, if I could take it apart…" Laptop in hand; Kenny jumped behind what he thought was a gargoyle statue, "KEEP HER AWAY!" "You really should stop scaring people, Momo," the `statue' said. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" "Now look who's scaring him, Garr." "It is not my fault." Nina sighed, and looked at Ray, "Oh no, Ray and Rei." Max looked at Ryu; "Blue hair must be common among dragons." Cherie shrugged and nibbled on her sandwich, "Well, this meeting turned out better than I thought it would." The old man smiled, "Perhaps these two groups could unite, with a priestess to lead them…" Cherie laughed, "I thought you had a mission for us." The old man nodded, "The legendary city of the fairy dragon, Carae Pheonixa is said to be in the Desert of Death, which is on the way, you should join them." Cherie laughed, "They do seem to be getting along…. I'll ask them later."

*************************************************************** ***********************

A pair of large, flame-red eyes watched the two groups with interest. The tiny, jet-black dragon whelp hopped away from the building, `Two groups mean more money and items to snatch, I'll just wait for them in the desert of death, this was the best idea I ever had, they won't know what hit `em."