Fan Fiction / Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Journey of the Dragon Bladers ❯ Ceri's Return ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A.N. My new fic will be up later, but I'll still update this one every few days.

_______________________________________________________________ ____________________

"I can't believe we have to go with them." Cherie laughed, "Are you still mad at them for calling you a butterfly, Cyra? Is that why you haven't changed from human form yet?" "No, that's not it." "Then what is it little sister?" Cyra shrugged, "I just got a bad feeling, and that gargoyle-thing scares me." The gargoyle thing is supposed to scare you, he was a dragon killer after all, but that was centuries ago." "So…it's instinctive?" "Pretty much, and as for the bad feeling, it's probably just hormones." "Whaddya mean hormones!" Cherie laughed, "Nevermind, you'd better go and stock up on some items, there are no shops where we're going, so you might need some items." Cyra tilted her head, "Didn't you just send Tyson to get some items, "Yeah, I guess I did, just explore then, find a better weapon or something…I'm gonna set up a little surprise for the Bladebreakers, follow me, so I'll be missing for a few hours."

*************************************************************** ***********************

"Can I see that machine, pleeeeeeeaaaaaaase!" "Momo said in a whiney voice. "NO!" "Do you think that rabbit-lady will stop pestering Chief anytime soon?" Hillary asked "Knowing Momo, I doubt it," Nina said with a sigh. "So where is everyone?" Nina laughed, "Last time I saw Cyra, she was still sulking about being called a butterfly." "She should expect it, she looks like one." "I DO NOT!!!!" yelled an angry voice. "Actually, yes you do." Momo pointed out. Cyra's eyes narrowed, "I have a sudden craving for rabbit stew." Momo frowned, "I think I'll go and study the region."

*************************************************************** ***********************

"Hey…hello…is he even alive," Rei poked at Kai, tail twitching. "Nah, he's just ignoring you, he does that to everybody," Ray said, not looking up. Tyson dug through the large bag, "You think Cherie packed anything to eat, I'm starved." Ray shook his head; "You just ate." "Yeah, well I'm still hungry." Rei shook his head; "Kid's got an appetite." Rei muttered. Cherie walked out from behind a wall, "Hey Rei, can you give me a hand?" "Sure," Ray and Rei said together. Cherie sighed and pointed at Rei, "Him, not you."

*************************************************************** **********************

"Okay, all restocked, weapons replaced…" Cyra smiled, "Guess I gotta wait for everyone else then, thanks for helping me get all this stuff, Zeo." "It was no problem, nothing else to do right now." The shopkeeper smiled at Cyra, "You are Cherie's sister, correct?" Cyra examined her new weapon, "Yeah, so?" "So are you going to follow your sister's path and become a priestess?" Cyra shrugged, "I dun know, I haven't thought about that yet." "Your family has always been priestesses…in fact Cherie is building something strange…" Cyra shrugged, "Probably that `surprise' she was talking about." Cyra walked towards the exit, "We should gather up the others and Check it out." Zeo scratched his head, "Priestess?"

*************************************************************** **********************

A crowd of old people was gathered around an area next to the shrine. "What do you think it is?" "It looks like a bowl…" "Maybe it's some kind of training…" "Knowing Cherie it's probably a game of some sort…" Max shoved his way through the crowd, "ALRIGHT! A BEY-DISH!" Tyson grinned, "TIME FOR SOME WELL DESERVED BLADING!" Cherie smiled proudly, "I built it myself, who wants to challenge me and test it out." Tyson grinned, "ME! We have a score to settle, Lady…" Cyra studied the scene for a few minutes, "What's with the giant bowl-thing? And what's this `blading' you guys keep going on about?" The Bladebreakers stared at Cyra in complete shock. Tyson's mouth was wide open, "You don't know what…" "I've been in a crystal for the last few centuries in case you forgot, Teason!" Cyra interrupted. Cherie sighed, "Just go to bed little sister, we set out tomorrow morning."

*************************************************************** ***********************

"So this is the desert of death…" "Told ya I'd get you here quick," Cherie boasted. "Uhhhh, blasting holes in that steel wall certainly was quick…if a little…excessive…" Nina muttered. "You blasted so many holes I can still see the city," Ryu muttered. Momo glared at Zeo, "Can you get that butterfly to stop snoring, it's hurting my ears." "Sorry, I can't do anything." Tiny butterfly wings twitched. "Are we there yet?" asked a sleepy voice.

"Let's see, sand, dust, bones…lots of heat…yep, this is the desert of death alright," said a female voice. Cherie smiled, "Hello Ceri, I knew you'd pop up sooner or later." Ceri took a look at the group's bulging bags, "Of course, I never leave a paying job unfinished, they just don't like me in most cities, I can't imagine why…" Cherie's eye twitched, `They could probably sense that dark blood.' Ceri walked over to Ray and examined him for a few minutes; "How about I lead you guys across the desert for free, I mean, it's a tough place, and I go there to find money and treasure anyway, not to mention all the thieves…" Hillary glared, "What are you up to?" Ceri rolled her eyes, "Just being friendly…" Cherie sighed, "I find no trouble with it, so lead the way." Ceri grinned, a slight glint coming into her red-blue eyes, "Alright everyone, follow me into the most dangerous area in the region."