Fan Fiction / Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Journey of the Dragon Bladers ❯ Chaotic Desert ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A.N. This one is a bit long , I'm trying to focus on both of my fics. And if my evil cousin will ever let me, I'll be posting Pics of my characters too.

_______________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

"Too hot!" "Tyson, leave the water alone, we have to conserve it!" "I think Cyra has the right idea…" Hillary muttered. Cherie reached over and plucked Cyra out of Zeo's hair, "Wake up, if we have to suffer the heat, you do too." Ceri rolled her eyes, "If you had listened to me in the first place we'd be asleep in our tents, but nooo someone had to travel in the daytime when it's 102 IN THE SHADE AND WE'RE OPEN TO ATTACK BY BANDITS!!!!" "QUIT YELLING AT ME!" Hillary yelled back. Ceri glared, "Walking at night will get us to Oasis alive." Cyra wiggled out of Cherie's grip, "Let's listen to Ceri." Zeo nodded, "Yeah, the heat's getting to us." Ray nodded, "No use frying out here, and Ceri is more experienced at desert travel." Ceri smiled, "Yeah, I live a few miles from here, don't really like the cities that much, too crowded, now where did I put that Radka…" Cherie smiled, "Weren't you kicked out of most of the towns Ceri." Ceri made a face, "Only because of what I was…now let's make camp, no use frying in the sun when you can freeze at night." Momo laughed, "I doubt it gets cold in this place." "Freeze?" Cyra asked curiously. Ceri nodded and began setting up a tent, "Let's just say it's the worst time of year to be traveling in the Desert of Death."

*************************************************************** *********************************************

Ceri yawned and looked at her sleeping companions. Everyone, with the exception of Cyra and Kai, was sound asleep in the relative coolness of the tent. Kai was studying the map Cherie picked up in town. Cyra, in the meantime, was flying around wide-awake (probably due to her nap earlier that day). Ceri rolled her eyes, " Shouldn't you two be sleeping? We walk again tonight, you know." Cyra dove and landed on Kai's head, "I'm not tired, and I fly anyway." "Get off." Kai grumbled. "Meanie!" Cyra said in a child-like voice.

Ceri snickered at the sight, "Cyra, go to sleep." "Not tired," she whined. Ceri glared, `I knew I shouldn't have given her that chocolate.' "Go to sleep Cyra, " Cherie growled sleepily. "Fine, fine, I will…" Ceri let out a sigh, `These people are strange, oh well, once I lead them to the spot I'll be back to doing business in the techno-cities."

*************************************************************** *********************************************

THAT NIGHT

"YOU DRANK ALL THE WATER!" Ceri yelled, glaring at Tyson. Cherie folded her arms, "Thanks a lot Tyson, now we have to ride that camel-thing back to the beginning…" Momo shivered, "Great, now I'm cold and thirsty." Rei shrugged, "I'm not cold." "That's `cause you have fur." Ceri made a face, "Sheesh, stop fighting…I know a place we can go…though I hate to do this…"

Cyra tilted her head, "It's not on the map then…" Cherie smiled, "There's a city closer than Oasis isn't there?" Ceri made a face, "Yeah there is, we'll make it in a day or so if we walk at night… although I'd rather jump into the mouth of a man-eating plant then go there." Cherie nodded, "We'll get more water and supplies in that city then…what is it called?" Ceri made a face, "Grand Cotland, city of the cat-people," Ceri said, making a face, "Now let's get some sleep, you have a lot of walking to do."

*************************************************************** *********************************************

"I knew she'd pull something like this, it's in her blood," Cherie grumbled, staring out at the desert. Cyra frowned, "I wonder why she did it, I guess she didn't want to go to that city." Tyson bolted by. Cherie grabbed his collar, "I've already had to stop your teammates from doing something stupid, you can't run out into the desert, I lost my blade too ya know, and besides, Cyra can lead us to her." Why ME?" Cyra asked. Cherie smiled, "Because you were once the best tracker before you were sealed, now get moving."

*************************************************************** *********************************************

"I think I'm gonna faint," Cyra landed on a rock and gestured at a cave, "I sense something in there." A tiny, jet-black lizard creature jumped out and let out a squeal. Cherie folded her arms, "Nice try Ceri." The creature tilted its head, "How did you know it was me?" asked a growling voice. Nina walked over and poked the creature; "She's a dragon too?" Cherie nodded, "Yeah, a dark dragon, kind of rare to see one who hasn't let their instincts take over." The tiny dragon vanished, and in it's place stood Ceri, "Looks like there's no way around it, I was trying to avoid going to Cotland… your stuff and a teleporter leading to Grand Cotland is inside…"

Cherie folded her arms, "Oh no you don't you're no getting out of it so easily." Cyra nodded, "Yeah, you're coming with us." Ceri sighed, "I guess I kind of broke your trust… so to get it back I will come with you, I was bound to get involved sooner or later."

Momo smiled, "You guys get ready, I'll get the teleporter working." Hillary frowned, "I think letting her come along is a bad idea."

*************************************************************** *********************************************

A very large symbol on the ground lit up and in a blast of white light the group stepped out. Cherie looked around, "Where are we." Ceri frowned, "If I'm not mistaken, we're in Cotland town square." The Bladebreakers took several steps away from Ceri. Ceri looked around, "I know those two are here, I can sense them." A loud roar filled the air as two forms emerged from the shadows.

Ceri's eyes went wide and she hid behind Ray, "Oh no, it's Kalina and Felina."