Fan Fiction / Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Journey of the Dragon Bladers ❯ The Dark/Light Debate ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A.N. Sorry for the delay I just recovered from writer's block, oh, and I once again apologize to any Tyson fans.

_______________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

"Butterfly!" squealed a bunch of little voices as Cyra flew around. `Drat, I forgot to ask Felina where I'm supposed to go.' Something blue suddenly jumped in front of Cyra, "BUTTERFLY!!!" Cyra's eye twitched, ` I wish that kid would stop calling me that.' Cyra sighed and twitched her tail; "I'm a dragon." "Butterfly." "Dragon" Cyra said, sticking her tail straight out, "Do butterflies have tails and teeth…" "They do in your case Cyra," said a voice. Cyra didn't turn around, "Hi Ray."

A group of cat-kids crowded around Ray. Cyra laughed, "Now they have someone else to crowd around." Felina walked over and picked up Cyra, "Come on, we have to get the others and go see Lady Katt…come on Ray." "I'm trying…"

*************************************************************** *********************************************
A large shrine sat in the middle of town surrounded by statues. Max looked around; "I've never seen so many cat statues in my entire life. Felina smiled, "This is Cotland…the city of the cats." Hillary looked around, "So who's Lady Katt, is she your leader or something." Kalina looked thoughtful, "Sort of…" Ceri made a face; "I hate cats…" Kalina and Felina glared at her.

Cyra flew between the cats and Ceri, "No fighting you guys, we're all on the same side…"

Ceri's eyes narrowed, "I'm not working with those furry, mouse chasing freaks… forget it, I'm drawing the line at that… Ray and Rei are the only exceptions…"

Cyra sighed, "Look you guys, can we at least stop fighting long enough to go into the shrine, I mean, you don't see Ryu and Garr arguing do you, and they're supposed to be worst enemies…"

Ceri sighed, "The butterfly has a point…" Cyra's eye twitched.

"BUTTERFLY!" yelled a bunch of high-pitched voices. A crowd of tiny cat-kids crowded around the group. Cyra looked around for a place to hide, "…. ZEO!" she dove into Zeo's hair. The cat-kids all started crying. Cyra poked her head out. The kids grinned, "BUTTERFLY!" Cyra rolled her eyes, "Where are your parents?" A group of cat-people walked out of the shrine and watched as the cat-kids gathered around Zeo. Cyra tried to hide from view again. "Butterfly! Butterfly! Butterfly!" the kids cheered. Cyra poked her head out again, "Huh?" "Butterfly!"

A tiny, furry hand grabbed Cyra. She let out a tiny `eep' and came face to face with the blue-haired cat-kid. Tyson laughed, "Looks like you have a fan club Cyra."

"Oh clam up Tyson," Cyra said, wiggling out of the cat-kid's grip and landing on Ray's head. Ceri and Kalina glared at Cyra. Ray reached up and picked up Cyra. "That's probably not the best place to hide." Cherie rolled her eyes as Cyra dove into Zeo's hair; "She's becoming predictable."

Something furry grabbed Cyra's tail, causing her to whirl around and start snapping. "Hey, calm down Cyra." "Oh, sorry, Rei." "You have some sharp little teeth," Ray muttered, rubbing his hand. Felina's eyes narrowed. Cyra flew towards the shrine; "I'm going to explore." A tall cat-girl walked from the shrine. "Lady Katt." Kalina and Felina said together. Cyra blinked, "That's Lady Katt?" Katt's hand shot out and grabbed Cyra by the wings. Cyra bared her teeth, "Let go!" "No way butterfly, only my people and Light dragons allowed." "I'M A DRAGON!" "No, you're a butterfly." "DRAGON!" Cyra growled. The cat-kids stared at he scene. "Let Butterfly go." "Yeah Lady Katt, let Butterfly go."

Tyson went to sneak past Katt. An orange and black fighting staff came into contact with Tyson's rear end and sent him flying into a nearby pond. Katt smiled, "Like I said, only my kind and Light dragons." Ceri grabbed Ray's arm and walked over to the shrine; "I'm a dragon." Katt's eyes narrowed, "A Dark dragon." Ceri smiled, "Shows how much you know, I'm half light dragon and half dark dragon." Cherie blinked, "Half…?" Kalina made a face, "Still a Dark dragon." "Half dark dragon," Ceri corrected, readjusting her traveling cape. Katt frowned, "No dark dragons." Cherie cleared her throat, "There are light dragons among this group, so let us in if you want…" Katt studied the group, "Who's the leader?" "Me," Cherie, Tyson, and Ryu said together. Garr cleared his throat; "We are three separate groups traveling together." Katt sighed, "I guess I can let you in… with the exception of the dark dragon." Cherie nodded, "Sounds good to me." Ceri's eyes widened, "You guys can't leave me out here!" Felina looked back, "Who says?" "I want to go in!" Ceri growled. "No dark dragons allowed," Katt, Kalina and Felina said together.

*************************************************************** *********************************************

"LOOK AT ALL THAT FOOD!" Tyson yelled staring at a large circular table filled with food. Katt cringed, "It's just lunch." Cherie looked at the food, "I've never seen so much food, have you Cyra…Cyra?" Hillary pointed to Zeo's shoulder; "She's asleep." Cherie rolled her eyes, "My lazy little sister." Rei stared at a platter full of fish, "Let's eat." "HEY!!!I SMELL FOOD IN THERE!" yelled Ceri's voice. Katt snickered, "First we eat, then I'll show you the shrine… there is an important secret I must show you."