Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ There Loss Her Gain ❯ There's a new kid in town ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Their loss, Her gain

By Rippen Drakuzz and Mari

Disclaimer: All the characters are the © properties of Rumiko Takahashi. Some parts of the movie "Carrie" are the © properties of Steven King and MGM/UA. Cassie is the © property of Rippen Drakuzz and me.

Chapter one: There is a new kid in town

It was a pretty lively morning at the city of Nerima. The train station was crowed with communers getting on and off the trains. A young American lady recently got off one of the trains. She is one of those girls who are pretty but doesn't believe that she is pretty.

She had long and wavy strawberry blonde hair with cute yellow butterfly clips both sides of her head. White cream colored skin, emerald green eyes, and cute small freckles on both of her cheeks. She was about an average height with a medium but pretty developed figure and pretty lean muscles with a little baby fat on the hips and backside area. She wasn't fat though, just a little plump.

The girl was also wearing a pretty pink sundress with little flowers all over and doily laces on the seams of the dress and the short puffed sleeve collars and on the front with little white buttons. This girl name is Cassie Lyte and she just recently moved from America to Nerima. Although she is pretty in her own way, she doesn't seem to look very happy. In fact, she looks rather sad and lonely. "Well here I am," Cassie announced to herself with a gloomy face and sad eyes, "of course why should anywhere be different than everywhere else." She steadily carries her belongings and headed towards the train station vendors. She looked all around of her new surroundings sees that everything is written in Japanese with some several English words. "Boy, it's good thing I brought along my English/Japanese dictionary." It was the only comforting thought she can think of ever since her parents moved here. Her parents both worked for a corporation company that requires a lot of traveling and her family moved a lot. "But why should it matter what ever I say," her sense of reality kicked backed in.

"I wish Mom and Dad would come with me, but their work always comes first." Cassie thought of depression goes even deeper. "They say that I'm old enough to go to my new school all by myself." She finally reached the exit of the train station. She wanted ask for directions but everyone else is too busy to even notice her. "Figures," Cassie sighed in despaired, "I can't blame them though, I mean who would want to talk to a 'freak' like me." Tears began to weld up in her eyes but she quickly wiped them away. "No use crying about this now," Cassie told herself and started walking again. "Next stop, Furiken High School."

-----

On another part of Tokyo, walking slowly towards Furinkan High, was a pigtailed martial artist. He wasn't your usual martial artist, though. This young man, barely seventeen, had seen and done more things than most people even dreamed about. He was also cursed to turn into a young little redheaded girl with cold water.

He was Saotome Ranma of the Saotome School of Anything Goes Martial Arts.

*Another day.* He thought dejectedly, his steps on the fence link he was walking on secure. He had many reasons to feel proud of himself. At his young age he was already one of the best martial artists around, and among his age group he was the best, but not everything had to do with martial arts. Much to his distaste. His entire life he'd been trained in the Art to the exception of everything else. He was indeed one of the best, but the price was a high one. If given the choice he would lead his life the same way he'd done, if only for his love for the Art, but in anything that didn't involve martial arts he was an inept person. And he loathed admitting it.

*I even defeated a Kami.* He thought to himself. Not that he was that powerful. He didn't fool himself thinking he could go around killing Gods. The circumstances had favored him greatly in the fight, but even so very few fighters in the world could put up as good a fight as he did. He eventually took down a Phoenix to save the woman he thought he loved, only to have said Phoenix live up to its name and be reborn from its ashes. He was grateful for that, knowing he didn't have a death in his conscience.

And then there was Tendo Akane, the girl he fought so hard to save. The heir to the twin school to his own, even if she was nowhere near skilled enough to even be considered a normal student of Anything Goes. An advanced Kempo practitioner? Indeed. But that was all she was, she didn't have the right mindset to become anything else.

*And then the old man and Tendo-san had to come up with that disaster.* He inwardly groaned. The wedding those two planned couldn't gone worse. *And then that tomboy goes and blames it all on me!* He thought desperately.

SPLASH!

An old woman holding a ladle watered the street and didn't even notice as the young redheaded woman continued walking on the fence, her shoulders hung in resignation.

And thus we now come across the first reason why Ranma is walking to school alone this morning. She, since she found herself in a woman's body right now, woke up early to avoid having to spar against her father. An activity that was boring nowadays, considering her father spent so much time lying around and letting his skills rust away. That and the fact that Ranma was receiving some real training from Happosai for a change.

That thought perked her up a little. *Heh! Who would've thought the old pervert had it in him to train for real?* After the failed wedding the perverted master of the Anything Goes approached a brooding Ranma and offered to train his heir seriously. He said something about Ranma being ready at last. Ranma suspected it had something to do with Happosai finding out about what happened in Jusendo, in that fight against Saffron.

At first Ranma took it as a joke, but he changed his opinion when Happosai started taking out scrolls describing the most advanced techniques he'd ever seen. The pigtailed martial artist decided to take the training seriously then. Or course, to keep appearances and both Soun and Genma ignorant of what was really happening, Happosai molested his beautiful Ranma-chan as much as he could. He said it was to protect Ranma from any stupid scheme Genma could come up with, but Ranma suspected it was because Happosai got a thrill of humiliating his proud heir. *Oh well! I can live with it as long as the training continues.*

That was all there was to it. Training and improving in Martial Arts. Ranma had decided to graduate from high school, but that would be it. She wouldn't apply for college. She would dedicate herself to Martial Arts. The others told her a successful Sensei needed a good education, but Ranma had no interest in material possessions of any kind. She lived happily with as little as she had, and the Art was alive inside of her. She didn't need to teach in a Dojo; neither did she need lots of students.

That was something no one understood. Especially not Akane, who had been particularly hard on her about attending college. The same college she would be attending.

That was the second reason Ranma got up so early. She needed peace, something she wasn't getting with Akane always attacking her for the smallest of reasons. She couldn't bring herself to fight back, but she could avoid the tomboy and her mallet. She wasn't so sure about her feelings towards Akane. After the Saffron incident it was all clear to her, but with time she became confused. Now she had to admit she didn't know what love was. Probably because she'd never seen it anyone express it. *Not. That's not true. I do know one person that expresses her love in what she does.*

She was thinking of Tendo Kasumi, of course. Akane's older sister and the sweetest person she'd ever met. If she hadn't pushed her on Akane when they first met she could picture herself being happy with her, but that little show of repulsion was all Ranma needed to never take her as a serious love interest. Kasumi wanted someone normal, or at least not someone that changed sexes with the temperature of the water.

Sighing Ranma caught sight of the gates to Furinkan High. She was arriving early, but she didn't care. Maybe that way she would avoid having to put up with Kuno, especially considering her current gender.

As it was she wasn't in luck. No sooner had she set foot inside the schoolyard than a young kendoist charged at her with proclamations of undying love.

She rolled her eyes and with a sigh decided to beat Kuno around a bit. Maybe that would help her get out of her depressive mood.

What she didn't notice as she pounced on Kuno was a new face entering the school grounds. The display given in the fight was normal around these parts, but to anyone from someplace else it would be anything but normal.

Another day in the life of Saotome Ranma, but one that would change the way he/she lived his/her life.

-----

Cassie has arrived in Furiken just in time to see this small battle between Ranma-chan and Kuno. She pretty amazed by the redheaded pig-tailed martial artist's abilities. "Wow," she thought to herself. "that girl is so awsome," Cassie found herself attracted to Ranma-chan. Another reason she's afraid that people won't understand, she's a bisexual. "I wonder if she's seeing somebody." Of course she shook that thought out of her head. "Nah, I'm sure she maybe never be interested in me." Cassie assumed sadly, "Besides she's probably straight and she has that guy with her." But then she sees Ranma-chan fighting off Kuno. "What I don't get is that why she doesn't want him around?" She asked herself, "He's good looking and he seems to be willing to be with her." Then another thought came to her mind. "Of course if that guy was in my school, he probably get sued for harassment." She continues watching the fight. "Still, I wish somebody would give me that kind of attention."

-----

"My pigtailed goddess…" Kuno muttered blurrily before losing consciousness.

Ranma snorted as she walked towards the school building. She'd been a little harder on Kuno than usual today, mainly because of her sour mood. *Serves him right. Maybe this way he'll leave me alone.* She thought as she ignored the arriving students and the looks they gave her. It was an everyday thing, anyway. She walked up the stairs and entered her classroom. "Thank you." She whispered to no one in particular as she moved over to her desk and sat down tiredly. She wasn't tired after fighting off Kuno, of course not. She was tired of her life. She was tired of putting up with everyone around her that didn't treat her like a human being and rather like a thing.

Well this seems to be going to a pretty good start. What will happen if Ranma meets the new girl? Will she be able to discover his secret? Would he be able to discover her secret? How will they able to handle it? Find out next time in "Their Loss Her gain."