Fan Fiction / Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Abandoned ❯ The Culprit ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Abandoned: Chapter 3

"What can be said about Marion?" The priest asked standing at the church podium. "He was a young man, that went in rather violent way. We have to god now, to open the gates of Heaven and forgive him for any sins that he may have committed during his short, but meaningful life on this earth." The Father said.
Bri was crying her eyes out as the euology went on. She didn't even notice that the priest giving the euology was the one she had a crush ever since the first time Iaine made her go to church. Iaine was sitting beside her holding her with his arm around her shoulder. Iaine had no expression on his face. He tried to look the most human he could while at the memorial service.
"It smells in here." Bri said as tears formed in her eyes.
"Look behind you." Iaine said trying his hardest not to laugh.
Bri turned her body around and seen that the church had been filled with bums that haven't showered in god knows how long.
"The pews are filled with them!" Iaine said laughing.
Bri lightly tapped Iaine on his stomach and tried not to burst out laughing herself. She then tried her hardest to act serious and listen to the priest. It was actually rather hard to listen to Father Maxwell, when she realized it was him.
"Iaine! You didn't tell me he was giving the service!" Bri said whispering."Oh, he was the only one available, besides, I knew you would be a mess today and that he might brighten your day." Iaine said.
"Very funny... now shut up so I can listen!" Bri said.
There weren't many people attending the funeral besides Iaine, Bri, and the pews filled of smelly bums.
Suddenly, during the middle of Father Maxwell's words, the church door opened, someone entered and the door closed loudly. It interupted the service as everyone looked back to see who was there. Down the aisle came a girl. She had light brown, and dead pale skin, and light green eyes. Bri got up right away and ran over to her. She grabbed her into a hug.
"Thank you for coming!" Bri said sniffling.
"I wouldn't miss it for the world." She said.
Iaine too got up and walked over and hugged the girl. "Marion really liked you Alux." Iaine said.
"Well... he was a very nice guy." She said.
Iaine then realized that she was wearing red to the funeral! Iaine became suspicious of her. He knew that she was acting fake in her sarrows and death apologies. The three then went over and sat back in the front row.
"Is it okay to go forward with the euology?" Father Maxwell asked.
"Yes..." Iaine was interupted by Bri's rapid words.
"Yes Father Maxwell!!" She replied.
After a few more minutes of saying prayers about Marion, Father Maxwell asked if anyone had a few to say about him. Of course Bri responded before anybody else could. She walked up to the podium and hugged Father Maxwell.
"Marion was like my surrogate older brother. He loved to drink, but would never let me even have a sip..." Bri was interupted.
"Hell yes!!" One of the bum's said putting the bottle of scotch to his lips and taking a light sip.
Father Maxwell looked over at the bum with a strange look. He then looked over at his co-priest Father Alexander Anderson. Father Anderson looked as if he wanted to drag the bum out of the church and beat him to a pole. But Father Anderson kept himself under control.
"Eh hem... " Bri said. "... Marion was a big hearted dolt. But the best, most loveable big hearted dolt I have ever met in my entire life. He was funny, a wise cracker and unique. He did not deserve to die the way he did! And I promise that the person who did this will pay... I'm gona make them suffer! I'm gona make them wish they were never born! And... I am also gona rip their arms off, tie them up and beat them with their own arms!..." As Bri went on and on, Iaine realized that she was losing herself and walked up get her off the podium. He began pulling at her arms and trying to lightly get her down to the pews again. She resisted. "... And then I'm gona cut all their hair off and glue it to their face! Then, I'm a razor blade and shave them!" Bri, at this point was really gone. The bum's began to think that she was drunk.
"Come on Brianne..." Iaine said finally getting off the podium.

After the service had ended, Iaine had walked over to the area inside the church where he lit a candle and said a prayer.
"Iaine... you taught me well. I'am trying my hardest to fulfill your wishes and fill your shoes. I think you would be proud at the way I turned out. I have not killed a human... not one person. The only person that is a human, who I plan on killing is my mother. Iaine, guide me to her. I need to avenge my father and pay her back for abandoning me. I know her leaving me behind was good, because I would have never met you otherwise. But I can't forgive her for killing him... I will find out who killed you. Well Iaine, I guess I'll see you later. Take care of Marion."
"Iaine..." Bri said approaching him. "Are you ready to go?" She asked.
Iaine stood up. "Yeah let's go." Iaine and Bri walked out of the church when they heard thunder and lightening. It began raining again.
"Will it ever stop raining?!" Bri asked feeling frustrated, exhausted, and tired.
"When it rains on the day of a funeral, it means that he gates of Heaven are opening." Iaine said.
Bri began to cry.
"So where is Alux?" Iaine asked.
"Oh, she's still inside, saying prayer. I don't understand how you two, begin vampires and all, like going church and praying." Bri said.

Inside the church, when no one was looking, Alux was definately not praying. She was holding a cross in her hand. It was a wodden one. She walked over to the candles where Iaine was just praying and blew them all out except for one. She kneeled down and took the wooden cross and held it up to fire. It began to burn. The candle that she let lit, was the candle that Iaine had lit for his trainer and mentor, Iaine. She let the cross burn and then threw it on the floor. She then kneeled down again and looked at the candle that was still burning. "Hi Iaine... I'm gona kill this Iaine as I killed you. Then I'll kill that pathetic cousin of his in the same way I killed Marion. Ha!" She said before blowing out the remaining candle.
"Hey! What the hell are you doing?" Father Maxwell asked approaching her.
Alux walked over to him, kissed his lips and left the church.
Converting /tmp/phpWyOMdd to /dev/stdout