Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Prophecy of Shi ❯ The Demon and His Miko ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Harry Potter and the Prophecy of Shi.
~~
A Harry Potter Crossover Fan-fiction by Sheya.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 07
~~
The Demon and His Miko
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notes:::
Updates are on my Bio page.... I have a Yahoo group; if anyone wants to joinÉ the URL is at my bio page.
~~
This is the revision that I was talking about, the next chapter should be out soon I just finished writing it. Hopefully I'll get it out within the next week or so. I'm going to start typing it tonight, but I don't have any other chapters written although the hard part is almost over... I have introduced all the permanent characters and After the next chapter all the relationships will be stable.
~~
I'm still looking for suggestions for a crossover match for Harry.
So if you have any...
I was thinking of Hotaru...
And I got a suggestion for Young Genkai but I would have to write a lot for that one...
~~
This chapter has the apparently (for at least one person) long awaited reason for Ranma to be in the Amazon Village. BTW if anyone has the spelling for the Chinese word (Nychuzu or something) for the Amazons I'd be grateful.
~~
Quidditch- How often do the house teams play? JKR only really goes into the Gryffidor games and I don't think she even goes into all of them.
~~
Disclaimer:::
Don't own InuYasha either but I shall always bow to Takahashi-Sensei (Rumiko Takahashi that is). Although Kazuki Takahashi-sensei will get an honorable mention or cameo sooner or later. *Wonders who created Go-Lion* Ignore that it was a random thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A few days after their trip to Diagon Alley- Ranma and Remus prepared to got back to China, they also prepared to bring Harry along... although after all this he seemed to be getting a bit of the cold feet syndrome. They grabbed his trunk and owl cage, sent the owl ahead to fly to China, and prepared to drag Harry, through the floo network to China. At the last second though Harry gathered his courage, walked to the fireplace himself, and waited for them.

"I thought he would try to hide." Remus said.

"For an hour there it looked like it... glad we didn't have to drag him." Ranma handed Harry some floo powder. "Say 'Amazon China'."

Harry took the powder, threw it, and called out "Amazon China" he stepped into the flames and disappeared.

"He got it right this time." Ron remarked.

Ranma shook his head and followed Harry; Remus looked at Ron then took off as well with Harry's trunk.

When Ranma exited the fireplace, Harry was staring at the chamber he had entered. An elder of the Amazons in turn was watching him; however, he did not see her. A few seconds later Remus also exited the fireplace, still dragging Harry's trunk.

"Uhh Ranma what happened to Botan?" Harry turned toward Ranma looking puzzled.

"She comes and goes. I think she left just before we met Malfoy in Diagon Alley." Ranma lead the way out of the Council chamber and in to the bright sunlight. Remus floated Harry's trunk.

"Excited?" Ranma looked at Harry smiling.

"Yeah it's almost like nothing is wrong anymore... but if it wasn't for me nothing would have been wrong in the first place. Now I want to know without a doubt that nothing really is wrong."

"Ahh- is that what the almost refusing to come was? You're worried that you are blamed? Don't. No one blames you Otousan least of all."

Harry smiled and started looking around excitedly.

"This is my home; I hope you like it and think of it as your home too." They entered a nice sized house.

As they closed the door, a woman's voice called from the living room. "Ranma you're home." Angela looked up from cleaning her sword as they entered; she then put the sword away and stood up. "And you must be Harry..." She walked over to him and held out her hand. "I would never have made you stay with Petunia- if I had any inkling that you existed. But unfortunately it's hard to get news in a place that owls can't find."

"It's ok... I guess that since everyone thought you were dead they didn't think to look anyway."

"You're forgiving."

"If you had been in England we would still think Sirius was dead."

"Hmmm... True." Angela walked over to the back door. "But things would have been different had I stayed in England in the first place."

"Yeah there is that chance, but there is also a good chance that you would be dead." Remus walked over to her looking at what was on the other side of the sliding doors. "And then where would we be?"

"Where's Sirius?" Harry was looking around.

"Out there." Angela pointed out the doors; Harry glimpsed a yard that looked like a jungle beyond. "By the waterfall. He doesn't like being inside... well he never liked being inside but he likes it less now."

Harry ran to the door and looked outside... sitting on a rock by the waterfall, leaning on a Bo staff, and staring off into space was the man Harry thought that he would never see again- Sirius Black. Harry wrenched open the doors and ran out to the waterfall calling out to Sirius. The man turned towards Harry's voice, stood up, dropped the Bo staff and caught Harry as he flung himself at his godfather.

"I see someone is happy. Now I can be completely happy too." Sirius fell down laughing happily with Harry.

"Happy doesn't even begin to describe how I feel. I feel like I can do anything." Harry sat back and started searching through his pockets. "Oh I have something for you." He took out an official notice and handed it to Sirius.

As he held it out though Angela snatched the note from Harry, then sat down. "Let's see here- from the ministry... official apology... compensation- blah blah blah... yadda yadda... you know if they had done it right in the first place none of this would have been necessary."

"But why would they mess up like they did? I know what Ku Lon says but..." Sirius had put his arm around Harry's shoulder when Angela snatched the notice, Harry had been about to try to grab it back when Angela sat down and started reading it.

"Hmmm wasn't Barty Crouch trying to make Minister? For a few years by then?" Angela leaned into Sirius.

"Yeah. He started a year before you left." Sirius was looking thoughtful.

"What support did he need to make it, by that time?" Angela then noticed Ranma sitting down next to her.

"What do you mean Okasan?"

"If he had the support of a certain amount of purebloods... Wait I was against him... Malfoy was undecided. All he needed was either one... or both of us."

"If Malfoy promised to give support if you were out of the way?" Angela asked.

"But, wasn't Malfoy under suspicion for being a Death Eater?" Harry interjected.

"Not Lucius, Thaddeus, his father... I was essentially the last of the influential Blacks; my mother withdrew from politics when her second husband was found to be a Death Eater, so it was just me, my brother was dead by then."

"I remember Thaddeus tried to force me to marry Lucius by threatening my father. However, before he could do it I married Sirius.

"I remember that, and you went to your graduation ball with Sirius. Lucius was screaming about it for weeks. He never thought you would go so far as to ask someone two years younger then you. Even if he was best friends with your brother." Remus sat down next to the thoughtful family.

"Yeah he thought that once I turned everyone else down I would have to go with him so he made sure that he asked me last, in the middle of the Great hall during dinner. He thought I wouldn't dare turn him down in front of the whole school, but I did. And then I turned around and asked Sirius."

"Glad you did though, I had wanted to ask you out for a long time. But, if Crouch got rid of me, he got Malfoy's support... Thaddeus gets revenge on us both. So does Lucius." Sirius stared at nothing. "But then why did Crouch not get elected Minister?"

"His son went to Azkaban, he was a Death Eater remember... the Tri-Wizard Tournament?" Harry asked.

"Riiiiight, no matter what happened, just the fact that his son was on trial would have lost him the election." Angela said thoughtfully.

"Of course there is no way to verify this since they are both dead." Sirius pointed out.

"True," agreed Angela, "I suppose we could ask Lucius, but even if he knew I doubt he'd give a straight answer."

"And he's in Azkaban..." Harry pointed out.

~~

As the day wore on everyone brought everyone else up to date on the doings of their lives. Ranma told his story to Harry and Sirius- neither had heard it yet. Then he explained why he went to China, although the Amazons had given him hell for a good amount of time. Ku Lon told him that the Amazons would hunt him until he either submitted or died, but there was a way out of it.... When he defeated Herb he got an honorary place in the Musk, when he defeated Saffron she realized that he would become the next Avatar, when she spoke to the other Elders they agreed the he would be the one to unite Jusendo Valley if she could get him into the tribe somehow- she chose to adopt him in. In doing so she adopted his whole family, including cousins.... Therefore, for the past year Ranma had been learning the ways of the Musk the Phoenix and the Amazons. She chose to adopt him because she knew that he would die before he married Shan Pu, and since she adopted him as a girl he had full Amazon rights. Since he still had the curse, even if it was controlled, once his training was complete, which had been a few weeks before Remus showed up, he could be in either form.

Harry told of his boring but sad summer with the Dursleys. Finally Sirius told Harry about the Gate Realm and its creatures, and what the creatures parting gift was.

"YOU'RE BLIND!?!?!?!" Harry stood up, and stared at his godfather.

"Yeah." Sirius stood up then started and looked towards the sky- he then jumped out of the way as a BonBori landed where he had been standing.

"Ramna father miss practice today- that BAD." Shan Pu landed and retrieved her weapon.

Sirius also located his Bo Staff and defended against her next attack. Angela meanwhile had put her hand on Harry's arm when he went for his wand.

"He doesn't need help... you know that- you never knew until he told you. Even when I grabbed the paper and read it for him."

"Oh." Harry watched in awe as Shan Pu and his godfather fought back and forth, finally Sirius disarmed the Amazon and put his Bo to her throat.

"Yield?"

Shan Pu nodded then stood up. "You pass final test... If Amazons use classic classing you be Sixth Dan Black Belt. Now you learn from different masters and grow."

"Wow! That was amazing." Harry walked over to them. "But what was that test you were talking about?"

"The test for mastership of any weapon within Amazon society is an Ambush then a fight- if you win you get mastership. Only another master could catch a master in ambush and defeat her." Ranma explained. "Of course only an Elder can catch another Elder."

"It's time to eat- Kasumi started dinner a while ago lets sit down and I'll help Kasumi bring the food." Angela then left the yard and Ranma followed; Kasumi, Angela, and Ranma came out with trays of food, silverware (not made of silver though), cushions and a tablecloth. They all sat down, Kasumi next to Remus, Harry on Remus's other side, Sirius next to his godson, Angela next to her husband, and Ranma completed the circle between his mother and his friend.

During dinner Harry asked Kasumi why she left Japan. She answered that Ranma asked her to come and the Amazons backed him up, and she was tired of being a slave/surrogate mother to her sister and father.

After dinner, everyone complemented Kasumi on her meal and she blushed and said it was nothing. Hiko appeared with a letter. Ranma opened the letter and smiled.

"InuYasha is coming for a visit- he and his girlfriend are on a journey of training and they're in China so they decided to stop by and enjoy some civilization for a bit. They should be here in a day or two."

"That's wonderful," Angela stated as she and Kasumi with some help from Remus and Ranma cleared the dregs of dinner, Sirius and Harry returned to the waterfall to talk more.

~~

The next day at sundown a black haired pair entered the village. The boy wore his hair long... it reached past his knees, it was also held by nothing, his bangs were long enough to get in his deep blue eyes but somehow never did. He wore a red shirt and blue jeans, his boots (yes boots) were American Western Style and made of a strange, even for wizards, material. The girl's hair reached to the bottom of her admittedly short skirt, she like the boy wore it free, her bangs also were long enough to get in her light blue eyes and did repeatedly. Her shirt was white and sleeveless, and her miniskirt was blue the color of her companions eyes. She did make one concession to the fact that she was tramping around the wilderness- her feet were clad in sturdy hiking boots. They both looked about sixteen... although if you looked into their eyes- the girl seemed older then her years and the boy appeared positively ancient.

Ranma ran out to meet them laughing and chatting with them on the way back. When they entered the house everyone sat down on chairs and couches except for Sirius, who stood by the open back doors. Remus was looking at the girl like he knew her from somewhere.

"Guys, These are InuYasha Shiro and -" Ranma's introduction was cut off my Remus's....

"Kagome Higurashi."

"Yeah... how'd you know?" Ranma looked at Remus questioningly.

"Otousan." Kagome stated.

"Umm Remus aren't there laws about things like this?" Sirius asked. "Not that I don't think that laws like that were made to be broken but..."

"Not in Asia, only in Europe- England especially. In fact I don't think that there are even laws in America like the unfair laws of Europe about werewolves and non/part-humans. In Asia they come under the laws of the Youkai Council, all non and part humans do." Explained Kagome.

"Youkai? What's that?" Harry asked confused.

"Youkai- the literal translations are: Ghost, Apparition, Phantom, Specter, Demon, Monster and Goblin. So I guess it would encompass anything Ningen are afraid of. Ningen are Humans but sometimes the Japanese words make more sense and are less fear invoking. The Council was created 400 years ago when there were no set laws for non-humans, Humans were hunted by Youkai, Youkai were hunted by Humans, and the Half-Breeds were hunted by both. All that changed after a HanyouÉ a Half-Breed, and his friends- a Taijiya, Youkai slayer; a Buddhist Monk; a Kitsune Youkai, fox Youkai; and a traveling Miko, A priestess of sorts; joined forces and destroyed an evil Hanyou named Naraku, and eventually restored a powerful jewel called the Shikon No Tama." Kagome paused to take a breath. "The 'good' Hanyou had an older brother, he was a full Youkai, and he followed the fight even fought on various sidesÉ. After the quest to defeat the evil was over the older brother created the Youkai Council."

"He forced, bullied, black mailed, and even killed to get the other Youkai to agree, all the while his younger brother continued hunting those who preyed on the weak." InuYasha took up the tale. "They finally realized that the reason they were taught to hate Hanyou was not because they were weaker but because they had the potential to be so much stronger. That was when the older brother got all the younger Youkai on his side, the older Youkai had no choice but to agree or exile themselves so they did. The Youkai Council has protected all non and part humans since then. But it has not grown out of Asia. It wasn't until recently- within the last sixty years or so that they were stable enough to do so. Now they are planning to make a campaign to fix the lot of all 'Youkai' in all the world. Given that most Youkai live for a very long time the Youkai who created the Council is still in charge. His name is Sesshomaru Shiro. The young Hanyou is also still alive so surprisingly is the MikoÉ Oh and the Fox is aroundÉ somewhere."

"The fox is named Shippo Shiro, he was adapted into Sesshomaru's clan. The Hanyou's name is InuYasha Shiro." Kagome dropped the first bomb, and she shell-shocked her audienceÉ except for Angela, Kasumi, and Ranma who had heard all this before.

InuYasha picked up another bomb, "The Miko wasn't just traveling around Japan however she was traveling through time, her name- Kagome Higurashi." And dropped it.

"Would anyone like some tea?" Kasumi asked into the silence as she entered with the makings of said drink. "Or dinner? It's getting late."

Remus stared at Kasumi then turned towards the others. "Traveling back in time 400 years should be impossible."

"Yes well it was time travel or 400 years of the rule of someone worse then Voldemort." InuYasha stated.

"Hold it!" Sirius had been half listening to the conversation not that he wasn't shocked he was just trying to figure something out. "Kagome your mother is Ayame right?"

"Yes."

"Ahhh- well she always said that she wanted children with out marriage." He then sat down on the couch next to Harry.

"Wait what laws were you talking about before the story?" Harry asked looking between Sirius, Remus, and Kagome.

"There are evil laws in England about certain Non/Part HumansÉ they don't apply in Asia. And they cannot be enforced if broken outside of Europe." Kagome answered.

"So Kagome and Souta are safe as are their parents." InuYasha shifted closed to Kagome.

"Souta? She promised she would inform me if she had anymore plans." Remus put his face in his hands.

"Before or after she got you into bed with her on your second visit?" Kagome smirked.

"After- should have known." Remus fell backwards in his seat.

"Well Remus-san, maybe you should relax a bit- what's done is done." Kasumi sat down next to him, Remus was however sitting in an armchair, therefore he was out of that chair almost faster the Ranma ran from cats.

"WHAT do you think you're doing?!?!!" he looked wildly around.

"She likes older men." Ranma supplied.

"Younger men bore her." Kagome said. "Or at least that is what Nabiki, Kasumi's sister, said."

Kasumi for her part smiled nodded and then stood up walking over to Remus seductively, she was doing a good imitation of both Kodachi and Shan Pu at their worst.

"You must have done something to gain her attention." Angela said.

"Ummm- I think I'll take a walk now." Remus slipped from Kasumi's encircling arms and ran out the door as if Cerberus was after him.

"Kasumi I think you scared him maybe you should slow down." Ranma suggested, Kasumi looked thoughtful then nodded falling back into the chair.

"It's not thatÉ mostly. The Ministry of Magic in England hates werewolves. They insist that 'Spawn of the Werewolves will be worse monsters then their Werewolf parent.' They say that they are monsters in human formÉ all the horrors of the wolf and complete control over the form." Sirius supplied the answer.

Angela sighed. "And to make matters worse they violently discourage Werewolves form having childrenÉ or having loving relationships of any kind, there were many an argument with Ministry officials when we were young because of the friendship between Remus, Sirius, and James. But to make matters even worse if the Ministry catches any Werewolf in England or any European Nation having children both the parent and children are slaughtered- Painfully. They seem to think that the children will either be evil and have control of the curse or will be uncontrolled monsters because of the curse."

"Never heard of that and there are plenty of people like me in Tokyo. That's fear speaking." Kagome shrugged. "All the more reason for the Council to get its ass in gear. I'll have a talk with Sesshomaru when we get home. Until then Kasumi go slow he will come aroundÉ after all if he couldn't I wouldn't be hereÉ." Kagome and InuYasha stood up.

"We will stay in the guest house, goodnight." They both bowed and left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another Revision
I had much less to fix in this chapter.... Glad I started checking and rechecking before I posted... I did not do that in earlier chapters but I did in later chapters. Revised 1/25/04
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rick Robinson (richardrobinson@prodigy.net) 2003-12-26 Ch7
Good story, your grammar and spelling are alittle loose but not too bad. I like the way you are portraying the various people. I would like to see a little more of Harry though.
Oh and for the record Shi is also an anglization of Chi. I have seen it used in some of the more British parts of the world. ( I live in America. ) Canada and Australia and New Zealand to be precise. Just a spelling difference not a real translation difference.

Rick Robinson
richardrobinson@prodigy.net


Since I'm American I will use what I'm used to. Why are my grammar and spelling a little loose? Everything gets spell/grammar check by Mister Microsoft Word and I go over it before and after Mister Word does. Anyway when I was using rigid Grammar I got a review "your grammar sucks" never did understand that one since I had one of my professors go over the fic before I posted it ^ . ^

Aleh 2003-12-19 Ch7
As I mentioned earlier, your Japanese needs work.
Aleh 2003-12-19 Ch6
Your Japanese... needs work.
Aleh 2003-12-19 Ch5
Check your spelling (and Japanese word choice in the case of the one sentence in which it's relevant).

Of the stuff we talked about I will take your suggestions for everything except the Okasan/Ofukuro (Otosan/Oyaji) thing. And I do have my reasons for it. Also, in some things I will use the Japanese words like Youkai, I mostly won't use demon because that denotes the 'hell-born fire-breathing minion of Satan' kind or the European kind and I'm not talking about them. So even if I'm having the characters talk English there are something's that I won't use English for… like Miko since Miko means so much more then "Shrine Maiden" or "Priestess"

Ookii Mamoru 2003-11-30 Ch7
Very interesting fic. Slightly Similar, but so very diffrent from my own HP/Ranma Crossover. (I have nothing typed yet.)
I like the idea of making them brothers. I would have never of thought of that. I also like the attitude towards the Ministry.
I wounder if I'm going to far by humanizing the Durslys... humm...
Look forward to seeing more. Keep up the good work.
OOkii Mamoru


Umm I made them cousins… not brothers.
Then you should hurry and type yours up.
After more then two months I hope that I still have a following but then again leaving it this long got me more reviews.


Ranko-Tendo 2003-11-09 Ch6
i like your fic, even though you are giving people wrong imfo about ki and chi. Ki is the energy within a person. Chi is the energy around you which is in everything. everything has chi. Next time look it up dobe!

Just because I never said that Chi is in all things (I was after all referring to humans not rocks) doesn't mean that I don't know it and won't go into it more- later. Like I said it is only basic info I was giving. I wasn't going to write a dissertation on Ki/Chi in the fic- people don't do that in real life. Ranma gave the info he thought that they needed not a detailed explanation. As for the difference between them Chi does mean earth and Ki means energy. But the way they are used they are almost interchangeable so I will lump them as energy for right now in the fic because Ranma really doesn't have time to go into details. He will when he starts training Harry, but for now my explanation stands. As for looking things up and getting things correct how about you do that with your reviews DOPE!!!!

Demon Hunter 2003-10-31 Ch7
GREAT STORY!! Keep up the great work and update!

Updating *wishes that it was easier to type*

LonelySpirit 2003-10-20 Ch7
Hiyo! *Waves frantically* Great story! I like that you have an interesting way of keeping Sirius alive, albeit a bit hurt. I haven't read Ramna in a while, so I'm a bit rusty. Actually.. I've only read one or two, but since I'm not allowed to buy them and the library only has one or two... So anyhow, great chapter/story! Keep writing and update soon!

LonelySpirit


Updating *still hates typing**is trying to wave back but typing with one hand is even worse*

Lunarian 2003-10-20 Ch7
Wee love the chapter. Although Harry getting Owls in everything but hom and div I find a little over the top because im pretty sure he wasnt doing to well in that astrronomy one. Authors discretion i guess.
Still love the fic, though wasnt Botan supposed to have been with them? She didnt say anythin.


Well I did forget that Botan was there but I explained why she wasn't saying anything in this chapter. I have also edited the previous chapter but as of this replying session I haven't uploaded it because I'm going to be changing some more things in it.

Lunarian 2003-10-19 Ch6
Whoo whoo, new chapter makes me ecstatic. I loved how you gave Ranma lots of spotlight. Hehe him shutting up Ms. Black was great, and also only the second time I've read about anyone being polite to her. That was a most ingenuis use of the gates, somewhat like the dark world of zelda link to the past.
Thats also cool letting Ranma claim home to be all of Jusendo.
I don't think you could have picked a better person to be Ranma's love interest IMO if you tried. I was recently lookin for yusuke/botan fics and saw like none and pairing Ranma with Botan is awesome, done only other in donny chegs life and times as far as i know.
Pretty clutterd review, but basically saying Love the story!


I love that you love the story in fact I think I've got the most reviews for this story of any so far ^ . ^ I love reviews. Well I figure that Mrs. Black would respond better to Politeness and anyway the Japanese are known for politeness… no matter how informal Ranma is he is still a tactician and he will know how to get people to do things they don't want to… usually he uses insults here he uses niceness. I think I said this already but the only people that I think Ranma would be happy with are Botan (who is single) Kagome (who has InuYasha) and Usagi (Who no matter how much I hate him has Mamaru). In the case of Kagome and Usagi I'd have to somehow get rid of someone although getting rid of Mamaru would be a pleasure… I LIKE InuYasha and would never kill him (Unless I made Ranma his reincarnation- but that would mess up my fic). The Gates… I liked that idea too I just couldn't reconcile that the Veil was instant death (I don't believe people like Sirius have died until I see the body) so I gave a reason for Remus to think that there was no chance of Sirius returning but also gave Sirius a way to return. 'Course I used the death bit in my other fic ^ . ^

Vorax 2003-10-16 Ch6
I'm looking forward to the next chapter as soon as you can get it out. With what you've said Shi-sama can only be Botan, she is the only female in both places you mentioned.

Yep and I think that she is just sooo perfect for Ranma- well Botan or Kagome or Usagi- but to do that I'd need to kill InuYasha and I need him in this fic, and Usagi isn't in this fic though she did get an honorable mention.