Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ There is Always One ❯ One Wish ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own either Sailor Moon or Harry Potter.

There is Always One

One Wish

For seven and a half years I have put up with the screaming and yelling, the fights and mayhem. I have put up with it all. My parents fight nearly every day and night and a lot of times it is over me. I always just sit in my room, really quiet so they think I am asleep, but I actually am listening to what they are saying. My mother and father had divorced a while ago and my mother remarried, as did my father. I live with my mother and step-father most of the time but I got to my father's house every other weekend. My mother all ways fights with my step-father because he doesn't want me going to my dad's house because he says my dad beats me. This is totally not true and my mom knows it, but everyday my step-father tries to convince her. My mother is a quiet and shy woman and never really talks back to people. Two nights ago my mother and step-father were fighting and my step-father slapped my mother hard. She came into my room crying and sat down on my bed with me. The two of us held each other for comfort as my mother cried in my arms. My step-father came into the room and roughly grabbed my mother's arm and threw her to the floor, he slapped her hard across the face again and my mother pleaded for him to stop, but he continued. I was so scared, but when I gained enough courage I ran up to him and hit him hard with doll. He turned to me, pure hatred in his eyes, I had never seen him like that before. Before I knew what was going to happen, he slapped me hard across the face, just like my mother. I am not totally sure what happened next, things were quite fuzzy.

From what I could make out in my shaky vision, was that my mother had lunged at my step-father and hit him as hard as she could. In return he pulled something out of his pocket and pointed it at her. At first I thought it was a gun, but it looked to thin. My mother began to plead to him to stop.

"We promised each other that we would put that behind us and we wouldn't do any more. We decided to stop, live normally. We wanted to protect our daughter, protect her from a world where she would not be safe. Please please stop. I am sorry, I shouldn't have yelled at you. I shouldn't, you were right, I won't send her to her father's anymore. I won't. I promise." I watched uncertainly as my mother begged for forgiveness. She was reduced to a whimpering woman, who was strong only moments before. I was unsure what she was talking about, but it was definitely about me. My mother had tears rolling down her face and my step-father just glared down at her. He then slowly turned his head to me and smirked. Not a funny smirk but an evil, dark smirk. He turned back to my mother and lifted the gun-like object in his hands and directed to her. A dark green light slowly emitted from the end as he repeated a few unclear words over and over again. I watched as my mother fell limp and ceased movement. I want in shock, total and utter shock. Just before me my step-father had killed my mother, or at least I think that is what happened. He then turned to me, the evil smirk still adorned his face. He lifted the object in his hand again. The same dark green light started coming out of it, heading towards me. I shut my eyes tightly wishing that this was only a night mare and that I would soon wake up to the smell of breakfast and that everything would be okay. My mother would call me down and I head off to school and have fun with my friends and everything would be normal.

"Sweety wake up. You are having a night mare, everything will be fine. It was just a dream." I woke up and things were a bit blurry. I heard the voice that woke me up, but it didn't sound like my mother. In fact I didn't recognize the voice at all. It was the voice of some stranger. As my vision cleared I noticed that I was in a strange place. Not any room in my house. I tried to sit up to get a better view, but the stranger placed me back against the pillows behind me. "You were in a terrible `accident' you must relax dear. I am afraid your mother did not make it and neither did your father."

"No." I replied sternly.

"I am sorry for your lose."

"He was not my father, and he killed my mother." My voice was starchy and barely above a whisper.

"We are now trying to contact your father and your step-mother as they are listed as your guardians if any thing were to happen to your mother and step-father." The stranger began walking away and out the door.

"Who are you?"

"I am a nurse here sweety."

"Where am I?"

"In the hospital. Someone called the police from your house, we are unsure who and the police found you in your bedroom."

The nurse left the room and I stared up at the ceiling. The white ceiling, matching the white walls, I was unable to see the floor, but I looked towards the window that was opened a crack. The curtains rippled slightly will the breeze that passed by. After a few minutes, the nurse returned with a glum look upon her face.

"I have bad news dear. We just received two patients from a terrible head on collision. They both didn't make it and were just identified. I am sorry to say that they were your father and step-mother." I didn't know what to think to say. I was still in shock because of my mother and now my father and my step-mother. I loved my step-mother, almost as much as my real mother and I lost them both along with my father. My step-father hated him. I never had a chance to say good bye to any of them. I have no one now. I have no other family. None. No aunts or uncles. No cousins or Grandparents. No one. Not even a godfather or godmother. "Do you know of any other relatives you have, any more family?"

"No, I am no more family. No more relatives, no more guardians. I have no one."

"I am sorry." I watched the nurse leave and talk to someone who was looking in on us.

"We need to arrange for her to go to an orphanage. She has no one. Poor kid, she lost her entire family in less than 24 hours. She is stable now but I wonder about her well being."

"She is physically okay, but mentally she needs to be able to talk to someone. Maybe being around other kids in the orphanage would be good for her. Could you make the call while I go talk to her."

"Sure Doctor Andrews." The nurse left my line of site and another person walked in.

"Hello, my name is Doctor Andrews. I need to speak with you. Since you have informed us that you have no other family, we are making arrangements for you to go to an orphanage." I looked up at him with pleading eyes.

"No, please no."

"I am sorry, but I have to. You are too young to be able to care for yourself and it is law that you must be sent to an orphanage if you don't have any legal guardians. You are a very sweet girl, there is no reason as to why anyone wouldn't want to adopt you." The doctor left the room and I rolled over and cried myself to sleep.

Three days later at the Orphanage

"Everyone, I would like you to meet our newest addition to our little family here at RG Orphanage, (If anyone can tell me what the intials stand for you get brownie points. HINT: Think of New York City.) Usagi Tsukino. Please make her feel welcome and I expect all of you to show her around and to make her feel at home." I looked at all the kids staring at me, some were younger and some were older. All I wanted to do was run to my mother and cry into her arms as she rubbed my back, but I couldn't do that. I would never be able to again.

It has been three years since that night where my entire life changed. I was adopted by a family two months ago and things have been going pretty good lately. I think things are started to look good now.

"Usagi, come down for breakfast." My adopted mother Christine shouted up the stairs from the kitchen.

"Coming." I replied with a smile spread across my face. Yes things were going great, well that is until my adopted father's business began to decline and he began to drink. My adopted mother was away for her own job so it was just the two of us. He stormed in one night, very drunk and very mad. I tried to calm him but it didn't work. He rushed up to me and I pleaded with him to stop. Memories rushed through my head. Events were beginning to occur again. Slightly different, but in the same context. He slapped me hard and I fell to the floor and held my cheek. It burned beneath my hand. He kicked me hard in the gut and then he roughly grabbed me arm and yanked me to my feet.

"Please stop. Why are you doing this Father?"

"This is all your fault. My business was doing fine before you came. You screwed it up. You screwed up my life. You screwed up everything."

"I am sorry, I didn't mean to. I am sorry."

"It is a little too late for sorry." He hit me again and again. He beat me hard, I had never felt so much pain before. He threw me in my room and I lay on my bed and cried. All I did was cry and wish that something would happen and my life would be better. I looked over to my calendar and laughed slightly, but stopped because of the shooting pain that ran through my body. Today was my birthday, I had just turned eleven and I didn't even know.

"Some birthday present." I whispered to myself. Please just let one thing happen, let something happen that would actually make me happy. Take me somewhere where people don't hurt me, where I can relax and be safe. I don't want to live like this anymore.

The young girl lying on the bed slowly shut her eyes and fell asleep as tears still rolled down her cheeks. A small breeze blew her window open and an envelope on heavy parchment plopped onto her bed, not waking her.

That's it for this chapter, I know I know, I started yet another story, but this idea came to me and I wrote it down. I will probably continue this one, let me see what everyone thinks and how many people review.

CURRENT VOTES:

What should the couple be?

Draco/Usagi

Harry/Usagi

Wood/Usagi

Ron/Usagi

What House should Usagi be in?

Gryffindor

Slytherin

If you want your vote to count twice please include some sort of critical review. Also I have an idea of what I want as the couple for the story, but I would like to see what everyone else wants.

Please Read and Review

*silver moon goddess