Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ There is Always One ❯ The Truth ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Top of Form
Disclaimer:  I don't own either Sailor Moon or Harry Potter.
 
There is Always One
 
The Truth
 
        I awoke still sore and in much pain.  I looked over to the clock next to my bed, it was 10:30, my father was at work.  Thank God, I don't think that I would be able to take another one of his beatings.  I moved my hand towards my face to push the hair away when I felt something on my bed.  I looked over to see a large envelope sitting there.  I assumed the mail already came and maybe my father placed it there.   I looked at it and it was addressed to me.  I tried to figure out who it was from, but I did not succeed.  I looked at the back, a crest sealed it closed.  I stared at it.  Hogwarts?  What is the world was that?
        “Usagi, I am back.”  No, my mother is back.  I quickly threw the envelope under my pillow to look at it again later.  Please don't let her come in, I can't let her see me like this.  I don't want her to know that her husband did this.  I saw the door knob turn and the door begin to open, I clenched my eyes tightly afraid of the reaction of my mother. 
 
        “Hagrid, are you sure we will be able to find all of this in London?”  A young boy, with unruly black hair asked the large half-giant next to him.
        “Yes, Harry, you just have to know where to look.  Well here we are, the Leaky Cauldron.”  The two entered the pub and things got quiet.
        “Blimey, it's Harry Potter.”  Soon witches  and wizards from all corners of the pub were swarming the younger celebrity wishing to shake his hand.  By the time the pair got to the back of the pub, Harry had shaken hands with more than two dozen people.
        After purchasing all of his school supplies, Harry returned home to 4 Privet drive and stared at his ceiling.  How did things change so quickly?  One minute I was just Harry, Harry who was treated poorly by my aunt, uncle and cousin.  And now, now I am the famous Harry Potter of the Wizardry world.  I am a wizard, who would be able to even imagine this.  Well good night, one less day to go before I get to Hogwarts, I can't wait.
        Harry fell asleep expecting a restful night's sleep full of either peaceful dreams or none at all, but he did not get either.  He tossed and turned trying to at least fall asleep, when he finally did he had the worse nightmare imaginable.
*Dream*
            ;
            ; He was running, running from what, that he didn't know.  But he kept running, he wouldn't stop, he couldn't stop.  He just kept going.  And going.  And going, but a soft whimper caught his attention.  He turned his head to the left to see a young girl sitting with her knees tucked into her tightly.  She was crying, large tears rolled down her cheeks.  Harry knelt down to her and tried to calm her, but to no avail.  He lifted her chin, planning on wiping her tears away, but he backed away in shock.  A blank expression spread across her face and her eyes were a hard silver.  She then whispered to him softly, her voice dark and cold. 
        “You Harry Potter, will face things that will try your strength and bravery.  Protect not only yourself, but your friends around you.  If you are not careful, one might just die.”  Harry kept looking at the young girl in front of him, then to his surprise and total shock, her eyes rolled into the back of her head and she fell limp.  Ice cold and dead.  She had just died right in front of him. 
        The scene then changed to a dark room, he couldn't see anything, but slowly a dim light began to form in the center of the room.  His eyes began to adjust as the light got larger and brighter.  He looked around to see many happy looking faces, and then he realized they were looking at him.  And there three others with him.  There were four posts, each one of them was tied to one.  He looked to his left and there was a girl with straight brown hair hanging limp.  Her feet bounded, her mouth gagged and her hands tied to the top of the post.  Beyond her was a boy with reddish brown hair, in the same position.  To his right was another girl, with blonde hair, matted to her face.  Her ankles and wrists were in hand cuffs and were chained to a wall.  Blood trickled down from her head and she was very pale and limp.  He was the only one conscience.  He saw a blurry figure in front of him, draped in dark robes.  The figure advanced towards the girl to his left and untied her.  He then threw her towards another creepy figure hided by a black robe.  The second figure grabbed the girl, brought her close to its face and sucked something out of her.  The girl became deathly pale and fell to the floor, most definitely dead.  The boy to his left suffered the same fate.  The first cloaked figure went to the remaining girl and slapped her hard across the cheek.  She awoke slightly. 
        The cloaked figure turned to the crowd and pointed to the girl, “She has two options.  Give into me or die.  If you haven't already noticed, two of your precision friends are dead and if you don't give up, your so very close friend over there will be getting a one way ticket to the morgue.”
        The girl looked at me with sad, tired eyes and then back at the cloaked figure.  She then lowered her head.  “I give up, I am yours, just let Harry go, please.”  The girl pleaded with the figure, for him to spare my life.  The figure smirked and walked towards me.
        “You want me to spare his life?”  The girl nodded her head gently.  “Well to bad.”  The figure removed a dagger that was around his waist and plunged in into my gut.  The last thing I heard as things darken, was the screaming of the girl and the evil cackling laughter of the cloaked figure.
*End Dream* 
 
        Harry sat up abruptly, his heart racing, he brought his hand to his forehead quickly.  Excrutiating pain was filling his mind, all coming from his scar.  He rubbed the area trying to get rid of the pain and the images from his dream.  Remembering some events from his nightmare, he checked his gut for puncture wounds and after finding none he relaxed slightly.  “Who were those people?”
 
 
        I kept my eyes clenched tightly, no please don't see me like this, please don't see me like this.
        “Usagi, what are you doing with your shut so tight?”  I opened my eyes slowly to look at my mother.  She didn't looked shocked or upset.  A smile was spread across her face.  I looked down at my hands, they weren't swollen and puffy like they had been before.  “Did you miss me?”
        “Yes, mother.  I did.”  My mother turned around and left my room, closing the door behind her.  I scurried to my mirror and looked in amazement.  All of my bruises were gone and were all healed.  “How?”
        This is it, I have to tell my parents about the letter.  Please don't let them get mad.
        “Mother, Father, today I received a letter.”  I said at the dinner table my parents looked up at me.  My father slightly glared, he was mad that I was healed.
        “From who Usagi?”  My mother asked, as she bit down on a piece of chicken.
        “That's the thing, I don't really know.  I haven't opened it yet, and on the back is this crest, from a place called Hogwarts.”
        “I've never heard of that?”
        “Neither have I?” I replied back to her.
        “Well maybe it is some private school or boarding school.”  My father suggested with a twinkle in his eyes.
        “May I open it?”  I asked my mother.
        “Of course.”  I slid open the back of the envelope and I took the two letters out of the parchment.  My eyes scanned over the surface of the first letter and my eyes became wide.  “Read it out loud sweety.”
        “Okay.  It says;
Dear Ms. Tsukino,
       
        We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.  Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. 
        Term begins on September 1.  We await your owl by no later than July 31. 
 
        Yours Sincerely,
        Minerva McGonagall,
        Deputy Headmistress”
        “Um, Usagi, what does that mean?”
        “I am not sure, but it is some sort of school.”
        “Witchcraft and Wizardry?  There is no such thing!”  My father shouted rather loudly.  “Now stop playing games.  This isn't funny.”
        “By I am not playing.  Didn't you place this letter on my bed when I was asleep this morning?”  I asked my father.
        “I did not.  Now give me the letter and go to your room.”  I reluctanately gave the letter to my father and then I stormed up to my room and I shut the door.  I was so mad, my parents thought that I was making it all up. 
 
        “Richard, maybe she is telling the truth.  Maybe she is a witch.”
        “Christine, listen to your self.  There is no such thing as a witch or a wizard.  Those are just made up things in stories.”
        “I guess.  She might have lied but she is pretty upset about something, so I am going to go get some ice cream.  I'll be back soon.”  Christine left the kitchen and Richard quickly cleaned up and then headed upstairs to Usagi's room.
 
        My final tear rolled down my cheek and then my door opened.  I saw my father standing there an angry look upon his face.
        “Where's mother?”  I asked, worry and fear in my voice.
        “She is out.  Why?”
        “Just asking.”
        “You should be punished for lying.”
        “I didn't lie.  You know that.”
        “Yeah, I know it, but your mother doesn't need to know about, now does she?”
        “Yes she does because I want to go!”
        “Well you are not going no matter what.  Can't risk you learning things, that could well hurt me.”
        “You think the only reason as to why I want to go is get revenge on you?”
        “Well it is either that, or to spite your parents.”
        “You don't know my parents!”  I screamed at the man in front of me.
        “Oh yes I do.  I know everything about them.  How your mother screwed the first guy she saw and had you went she was still going to school.  How your parents divorced when you were five and both of them remarried in the same year.  Didn't wait long now did they?  Oh and then there was that little thing you didn't tell any one about.  Oh what was it?  Oh, now I remember, the whole time your step-father tried to convince your mother that your father was beating you, he was actually the one beating you.  Oh and shouldn't I also be saying that he raped you too.”
        “That's a lie!”  I was furious at him.
        “It's the truth and you know it, but won't admit it.  You are a very confused girl, maybe even suicidal.  I can see it now, the headline in the news paper.  Young Girl Hangs Herself After Years of Emotional Turmoil.  Yeah, you have years of emotional turmoil.  So, so many years.  And if you went to Hogwarts, you would just be spiting your parents, because they tried to keep you away from that.  Well your step-father wanted you to go there.  He knew you would be killed in that world.  That is the only reason why he married your mother.  To ensure that you went to school so you would be open to destroy.  One thing that you don't understand is that everyone doesn't want you alive.  They want you dead.  Then they would be able to rid themselves of your disgusting self.  Yes you are disgusting.  Worse than filth on the side of the road.”
        “I'm back.”  My mother shouted from the front door.  My “father” turned around and left, not before glaring at me first.  He then preceded to rip up my acceptance letter.
        “You will never go to that school.  I should make you go, so that the world will finally be rid of your disgusting self, but I won't do that.  You will just have to live normally like the rest of us.”
        He left the room and I turned over and cried, I just totally cried my eyes out. 
 
        “Doesn't Usagi want ice cream?”
        “She wasn't hungry Christine.”
        “Is she okay?”
        “She is fine.  Just fine.  I talked to her and she admitted that the letter was a lie and she was just joking.”
        “Are you sure?”
        “Yes, now why would I lie?”
        “You wouldn't.”
        “Now let's have some of that ice cream.”  Richard put on a smile and grabbed the pint of ice cream from Christine and dug a spoon into it.
 
        I have to get away.  Leave this place and the hurt and pain.  What he said isn't true, none of it is.  My step-father didn't, he didn't…he…he…did.  He was right.  My step-father, beat me.  For years he beat me, but I never told my mother.  Never.  And now, I can't deal with anymore of this.  I have to leave. 
        I looked towards, my far wall, my second story window might be hard to get out of, but then again I have that large tree there.  I grabbed a bag from my closest and threw in some bare essentials. I went to my own mini safe and took out all of the money in it.  I shoved on some sneakers and grabbed a coat from off of my chair and I made my way to my window.  I opened it and looked at the tree branch that was closest.  I shuffled my way on to it and slowly climbed down trying not to make a sound.  I slowly made my way around to the front of house, making sure I ducked under the kitchen window.  Once in the front I made a dash for it.  I went to the park and sat down on a bench.  Small rain drops began to fall, small rain drops formed larger and larger drops and they began to come down faster and faster.  I curled up under a tree and wished that I brought an umbrella.  I was now cold, wet and alone.  Darkness fell upon the park and I was now scared. 
        Why did I ever want to run away.  This is very very stupid of me. 
       
        The young girl in the park began to slowly fall asleep.  When fully asleep there was a small burst of light and a tall figure appeared out of no where.  They grabbed the young girl's bag and gently lifted to girl into their arms and then disappeared again.
 
 
 
*Should I leave it there??  It is already pretty long?  Nah, I'll be kind and continue for a little bit longer.  J*
 
 
        “Severus, were you able to find her?”  An older looking man with a long gray beard and long gray hair asked.
        “Yes, Albus.  She is right here.”  Severus moved part of his robes away, revealing a young girl with blond hair matted to her hair because she was so wet. 
        “She is soaking wet.”
        “She was out in the pouring rain, I found her in the park.”
        “Bring her to Pomfrey.”
        “Yes, Albus.”
 
 
        I woke groggily and surprisingly warm.  I opened my eyes and looked around.  Where was I?  Why do I always wake up in strange places?
        “Good your awake.”
        “Who are you?”
        “Allow me to introduce my self.  I am Albus Dumbledore Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.  The school in which you are in right now.  And the man to your left is a Potions master here, Professor Severus Snape.  He is the one who brought you here.”
        “He did?”
        “Yes, now we know most things about you and your life, you have no need to explain what happen.  We know.  But here is your exceptance letter and we both hope that you will attend this school.  It might also be in your best interest and safety if you do.”
        Dumbledore handed me the letter and I looked at it again and thought about my choices.  And then a memory sparked in my mind.  My father's name was not Tsukino, that was my mother's name.  She never took my father's name because she didn't want me having it.  Now what was it again.  Spot?  No.  Snipe?  No.  Snoop?  No.  Smith?  No.  Wait it was Snape!  Wait a minute that was the name of that professor.
        “Um, excuse me, before I tell you my decision about attending your school, Sir.  I am a question for you two.”
        “Yes.”
        “Do you have a brother, Professor Snape?”
        “Why do you ask that?”  Snape asked me.
        “I want to know.  Now do you?”
        “If you must know, I did, he died a while ago though.  In a terrible car accident.  I would like to know why you want to know though?”
        “He was my father.  My first father.”  I replied softly.
        “But how?  Albus you never told me the girl I was going to go get was my own niece.  It is not safe for her here.  Blaine and Crystal tried to so hard to keep her away from this world and you tricked me into bringing her here?”
        “It is safest here for her and you know it.  And it would be good for her to be around real family.”
        “But I don't understand I was never told about you before.  I had no other family.”
        “My younger brother and my sister-in-law never put me down as a family member who could become your guardian.  They didn't want you in this world so badly that they disowned part of their family just to do it.  When I learned of my brother's death, it was already too late to be able to claim you.  And even if I did, I would not be able to raise you because I was not and still am not cut out to be a parent.  I spend the entire school year here and I would not be able to be a father that you would need.”
        “But I am here now, and I am here to stay.  Professor Dumbledore I would love to attend your school as a student.”
        “Severus, could you bring her to Diagon Alley tomorrow to get her school supplies and a wand.”
        “Of course.”
        The two professors left and I rolled over in my bed and fell asleep soon after that.  Before I was greeted by the darkest of my dreams I stopped to think how much my life had just changed in only a few nights.  This is should be getting quite interesting. 
 
 
 
That's it for this chapter!!  Thank you for all of those who reviewed:
 
Staryfury3000
Saturnpyroprincess - interesting couple steph
Shadowe
WindRider-Damia - your vote counted twice and does this chapter answer your question about guardians?
Dark Angel
Silver Moon Princess- you are a very hyper reviewer, I like it
Njhgk
Eternal Cosmos - you do have a valid point, but things are going to become very different for her and she will become very different that him in many ways.  Right now she is not sailor moon at all and might not become her
Mooney
Baby Serenity - very interesting review
Sailorgirl686 - thank you for putting me on your favorite author list and your favorite story list
Usagi Serenity Yui Cosmos
De-chan
Hoshi
Ladyselene112
Storm Demon - your review counted twice
Pottertsuki
Koronai
~Person
Queen Hotaru- YOU GOT THE RG THINGY CORRECT!!  Your vote counted three times because you were the only one who knew what it was.  It doesn't mean anything, I just needed a name and that came to mind.
Silverray - thanks for the advice and your vote counted twice but I don't agree on part of it.  When I have someone thinking, the sentences are mostly long with shorter one in between but when people talk they are medium and shorter sentences.  In my londer sentences I just use a lot of commas, so maybe you saw those as periods.  I kept in mind the sentence structure in this chapter though.
Prettyprettyprincess - well she didn't know it was a wand so how would you describe a wand if you had no idea what it was
Caretica - your review counted twice
Universal Moon
Moonie
 
CURRENT STATUS OF THE VOTE
 
Vote One:
 
*Draco - 14
Harry - 11
Wood - 11
Ron - 3
Neville - 1
 
 
Vote one will stay open throughout most of the story, you will see why.
 
 
Vote Two:
 
Gryffindor - 13
*Slytherin - 14
 (This is the vote from FF.Net)
Vote two will close after next chapter, you will see why.
Top of Form