Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ There is Always One ❯ Years in a Day ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:  I don't own either sailor moon or Harry Potter.
 
There is Always One
 
Years in A Day
 
        “The only thing left to get is your wand.  We best be heading to Ollivander's.”  Snape walked around with Usagi, through the streets of Diagon Alley, both holding many packages.  “Here we are.”  The two walked into the small shop and placed their load on a near by chair.
        “How have you been professor?”  A slightly older looking man said, coming to the front of the room.
        “Brought my niece here for you Ollivander.”
        “Going to Hogwarts?”  Usagi nodded slightly at him.  “Well we better get you a wand, shall we?”  Ollivander picked out a wand from the shelves and opened the box and handed the slick wand inside to Usagi.  She gave it a small wave and small pink flowers emerged from Snape's hair. 
        “Nope, not that one, though it did have a pleasing effect.”  Ollivander said smiling slightly.  He went to another sleek box and handed the wand inside to Usagi.  Yet again it didn't work.  He got out one after the other till a small twinkle developed in his eyes.  “Maybe, just maybe?”  Ollivander took out another thin box from the shelf and handed the wand to Usagi.  She cautiously waved it and a faint sliver light surrounded her.  It then dispersed around the room.  “I can't believe it.”
        “What is it Ollivander?”
        “Well that wand is very special.  It is one of a kind and there is another wand, which is its mate.  Only one other wand corresponds with this one, and the owners of the two wands are destined for each other.  I remember every wand I sold to each person, and I sold the corresponding wand to your own.  A Hogwarts student like yourself.”
        “Who?”
        “That I can not say, or it will not happen, I might change everything if I told you.  That will be 7 galleons.”
        “Sir, what is my wand made of?”
        “It is 12 and a half inches of holly, a phoenix feather, unicorn hair and moon beam.  Very powerful wand you have.”
        “Thank you.”
 
 
        “Usagi for the first day of the term you have three options.  You can either stay here and wait for every one to arrive and then join the first years to be sorted.  Or we could bring you to the Leaky Cauldron tonight and have a ministry of magic car come to pick you up and take you to Kings Cross station.  Your last option is to go with a family that will also be going to Hogwarts.  Their son will be a first you also, and you would stay with them tonight and they would bring you to Kings Cross station and you would take the train here like the other students do.  You would then walk in with the first years as normal.”
        “You is the family Dumbledore?”
        “The Malfoys.”  Snape replied.
        “I choose the third option.  I don't really want special treatment and if I stay with this family I will have the opportunity to met at least one person before school begins.”
        “I will contact Lucius now, he will probably come for you some time tonight.”
 
 
Later that Night
 
        “Lucius, I would like to thank you again for doing this.” Dumbledore said as he led Lucius to Snape's office where Usagi and her stuff was currently.
        “I am only doing this because you said that she was Crystal and Blaine's daughter.”
        “Remember, don't tell anyone who she really is, not even Draco.  We need to keep her safe.”
        “Yes.”  The continued walking till they got to Snape's office. Usagi already had her things packed and ready to go.   They were bewitched to weigh next to nothing and to be very small, so they were easy to carry. 
        “Lucius, this is Usagi.  Usagi this is Lucius Malfoy.”
        “Nice to meet you Sir, that you for doing this for me.”
        “Come one, we shouldn't dawdle, we have a long trip.”  The two left Snape's office and walked out of the Hogwarts castle.  They need to walk far enough so that they were out of force field created to protect Hogwarts.  Once past the point Lucius instructed Usagi to hold on tightly.
 
        Usagi held onto me from around my waste and a small chill ran up my spine.  This was because of two things.  The first one being that the aura that such a young girl had was so dark and cold.  In that one moment of contact, I felt all of her pain and suffering, all of her troubles.  And I learned of past and present.  I apparated home and introduced Usagi to Narcissa and Draco.  I noticed that there was a silent understanding between the two.  They will probably become friends and hopefully something more in the future. 
 
        Sitting in the corner of a compartment on the Hogwarts Express was a young girl curled up.  Her legs tucked tightly into herself.  She was staring out the window at the trees passing by when another walked in.  
        “May I sit in here?”  The young girl looked up to a young boy, with messy black hair.
        “Sure.”  She replied later.  Soon after another young boy entered and also joined the two sitting.
        “Ronald, Ronald Weasely. Call me Ron though.”  The boy with red hair stated this, clearly saying his name.
        “Harry, Harry Potter.”  The boy with black hair said, introducing himself.
        “Do you have the, you know…”
        “You mean this?”  Harry pulled back his hair to reveal a lighting bolt-shaped scar.
        “Wicked.”  At that point a young girl with bushy brown hair walked in, already in her hogwarts robes.
        “Have any of you seen a toad?  A boy named Neville has lost one.”
        “No sorry.”
        “Are you alright?”   The girl walked in and sat down next to the girl still huddled in the corner.
        “I'm fine.”  The blonde-haired girl replied softly.
        “So who are all of you?”
        “Harry Potter.”
        “Ron Weasely.”
        “Usagi Tsukino.”
        “I'm Hermoine Granger and it is a pleasure to meet you all.  Usagi, your last name doesn't sound English.  What is it?”
        “Japanese.”
        “You grew up there?”  Harry asked.
        “No, my mother did, I was only there for about a year.  That was when I was a baby and my biological parents first married.  Tsukino was my biological mother's name, she never took my biological father's name and I then took her's.  It stuck with me through the years.”
        “Biological?”  Ron asked, utterly confused.  His eyes were almost glazed over and he shot Harry a look, and her just shrugged.
        “My parents died when I was very young.”  Usagi replied, very saddened.
        “I am so sorry Usagi, I didn't know.”
        “It is fine Hermoine, it isn't your fault.  You didn't know.”
        “I am sorry too Usagi, I know how it feels to lose your parents.  Mine were killed when I was young.”  Harry told the girl in front of him.
        “How!!  How would you know how it feels!?  You have no idea, Harry Potter.  None!  So don't say that you could possibly, when you don't know what you are talking about!”  Tears were rolling down Usagi's cheeks and she ran from the compartment.  Her vision blurred by the salty waters and her tears streamed down her face.  She had no idea where she was running and then she ran right into another.  She continued to cry right on top of the other person.  And the person wrapped muscular arms around Usagi and lifted her into their arms.  They carried her into a near by compartment and sat down on the bench.  They rubbed Usagi's back till she ceased crying.
        “Why are you crying?”  A deep muscular voice said.  Usagi looked up at the voice, blue eyes were greeted with green.  The boy who was holding Usagi looked at lot older and she shivered slightly.  “Don't worry I won't hurt you.  I think you actually did more damage to me.”
        “Sorry.”  Usagi replied softly.
        “Don't worry.  Now why are you crying?”   He asked kindly.
        “I was talking to Harry, Ron and Hermoine, and Harry said he understood how it felt to lose your parents.  He doesn't understand what I went through, he couldn't.”
        “Harry?”  The boy asked.
        “Harry Potter.”  The boy gasped slightly. “What?”
        “Harry Potter was the one who survived you-know-who.  His parents were killed when he was a baby.  He might have understood your pain at least slightly.”
        “But he can't.  He didn't live the terror I did.  I lost so much in so little time.  I lost my innocence when it was suppose to be my greatest quality.  He doesn't and never will understand.”
        “He does not know of your past, so you can't blame him for saying he understood.  Something happened to you that didn't happened to him and he did not know that.”
        “I guess your right.”  Usagi sighed softly.  “Wait a minute,” she said while she looked up. “You never told me your name.”
        “Wood, Oliver Wood.  And yours?”
        “Usagi Tsukino.”
        “Nice to meet you, Usagi.”
        “You too, Wood.”  Usagi yawned slightly and placed her head against Wood's chest.  Her eyes closed slowly and she fell asleep.
 
        After being gently shaked out of her slumber, Usagi quickly changed into her robes and walked off the train with Wood.  While he went one way she followed the other first years onto small boats to cross the lake.  She smiled when she saw the familiar sight of Hogwarts.  She followed the rest of the group up the stairs and when she spotted Malfoy she rushed towards him.
        “I never saw you on the train, Usagi.”
        “I was…well…something happened and I got upset and I met this upperclassman and we talked for a while so I really have time to find you.”  Usagi explained what happened to Malfoy.
        “What happened?” Malfoy asked Usagi strongly.
        “Nothing Malfoy, nothing.”  She turned her attention the two behind Malfoy.  “Who are the two goons?”
        “That's Crabbe and that's Goyle.  Guys this is Usagi.”
        “Pleasure.”  Usagi replied towards the two sarcasticly. Usagi noticed a older looking at the her and she quieted down.
        “Please wait here until I return and then you will be sorted into your house.”
 
        We walked into the large room and I was awed by everything.  The ceiling was marvelous, I hadn't seen this room when I was here with Snape and Dumbledore, they wanted to leave it a surprise.  Four long tables filled the room and a smaller table was at the head.  I stopped Snape and Dumbledore and I smiled.  I felt a pair of eyes on me and I saw Wood looking at me.  He grinned at me and I smiled back.   I made it to the front of the room and the teacher, McGonagall if I remember correctly, was standing on the platform, scroll in hand next to a stool with an old hat on it.  It began to sing a song, but I wasn't really paying attention.  Everyone began clapping and I followed suit.  Soon names were being called and students were walking up to be sorted.  
        “Hermoine Granger.”
        “GRYFFINDOR!”
        “Susan Bones.”
        “HUFFLEPUFF!”
        “Draco Malfoy.”
        “SLYTHERIN!”  I smirked slightly, the hat barely touched his head before saying that.
“Ronald Weasely.”
        “GRYFFINDOR!”
        “Harry Potter.”  Whispers flew around the place and I waited for the longest time before the hat finally screamed out…
        “GRYFFINDOR!”
        “Usagi Tsukino.”  I was now nervous, I was slowly towards the stool and sat down, the hat was placed upon my head.  My vision now blocked by the hat.
Well, you are a tough one.  Where to put you, where to put you?  Not Hufflepuff, I am afaid you lost too much innocence to be there.  Ravenclaw?  No, that won't do either, you don't excel with your brains, but with your power.  Now Gryffindor of Slytherin?  Which one should I put you in?  Oh I know…
 
        “SLYTHERIN!”  Some of the students were slightly stunned by this but Usagi simply went over to the clapping Slytherin table.  She sat down next to a smirking Malfoy.  Mafloy and herself were right between Crabbe and Goyle.
 
(I was thinking of ending here, but decided to go on, but I am not going to go through each event that happens, I will develop friendships and so on and then I will zip through the books till they are in either year five or six.  I will probably have one chapter where she just looks back on the years and maybe has flash backs, if you don't like this idea tell me NOW!  And review it or I will go along with my plan.)
 
Gryffindor Table
 
“How was she sorted into Slytherin?”
“Wood who are you talking about?”
“Nothing Percy, I just met this girl on the train and I thought she would be sorted into Gryffindor, but she was sorted into Slytherin.  She seemed so innocent and in so much pain.”
“Wood which one of the first years?”  Fred asked.
“Yeah, which one?”  George joined in.
“The blonde, Usagi.”  Wood replied, glancing at the Slytherin, Usagi saw him and smiled at him.  “She ran into me on the train, histerically crying.  She had said that when, get this, Harry Potter told her he understood how it feels to lose your parents, that didn't understand.”
“What could be worse than losing your parents?”  Percy wondered.
“What was her last name again?”  Fred asked.
“Tsukino, why?”
“A few years ago when before we cam to Hogwarts, I remember mom and dad talking about the death of two witches and two wizards in the muggle world.  Dad told mom that it was the separated parents of a young girl and their new sposes.  One of the name my dad mentioned was Tsukino.”
“Are you sure?”
“Tsukino is a name you don't forget and how many Tuskinos do you know?  I think she lost both her parents and her step parents.”
“That is terrible.”  Percy sad, a note of pity in his voice.
“Maybe she wants revenge and that is why she is Slytherin?”
“Maybe.”
 
“Oh no I am going to be so later.”  Usagi Tsukino rushed from the Slytherin dorms towards the dungeons, already late for potions.  “He is going to be so mad, niece or not I am dead.”  THUD!  “Oh my god I am so sorry, I didn't mean to.”  Usagi scrambled to pick up her fallen books, she reached for the last book when the other person grabbed it and picked it up.
“Here.”  Usagi recognized the voice and looked up to see Wood standing above her.
“Thank you.  But I have to go, I am already late.”  Usagi continued to run to potions and when she finally arrived she opened the door and everyone looked at her.  “I am so sorry, I got lost and then I ran into someone and then I tried to get here as quick as possible and did I say I was sorry?”
“Ms. Tsukino, just sit down here next to Malfoy and don't be late again.”  Usagi sat next to Malfoy and he just smirked.
“He must like you, like I do.”  He whispered.
“Huh?”  Usagi asked confused.
“I just said he must like you, anyone else and he would have given them detention.  Well if it was me he wouldn't care.”
“Now aren't we the conceded one?”
“It's my best quality.”  Malfoy just smirked and Usagi smiled at this, she finally had a real friend.
 
Before Usagi knew it, Christmas rolled around and Usagi awoke to a large pile of presents at the end of her bed.  The only other person in the room was Pansy.  Her parents had taken a trip to the States for business and they couldn't bring Pansy with them, so she stayed at Hogwarts for the holidays.  She was awake and reading one of her cards silently to herself.  Usagi noticed  that Pansy had far less gifts than herself so she took out her wand, giving it a wave a small box fell into her hand.  She went over to Pansy's bed and sat on the edge.  Pansy looked at her with question. 
“Pansy I know we haven't really be friends, we don't exactly talk, but I don't want it to be this way.  I want you as a friend and I hope that you want me as a friend too.  So why don't we start from starch and hopefully we can become friends.” Usagi looked at Pansy with a smile plastered on her face.
“Really?”  Pansy asked her unsure of what to do.
“Yes.  And as to show you my great hope for out friendship, I have this for you.”  Usagi opened the box to reveal a beautiful necklace with a red stone in the center.  The stone itself was a deep reddish maroon and it was in the shape of a heart.  Usagi pulled a necklace out from around her neck, it was the same necklace but the stone looked like a diamond (THESE NECKLACES ARE IMPORTANT!).  “I noticed that you liked the color red so I thought that the stone was fitting for you.  As you can see I have the same necklace as you.  I hope we can be friends Pansy.”  Usagi handed the box to Pansy and she took it and just stared at it, finally she smiled and grabbed Usagi into a big hug.
“Thank you so much, Usagi!  Happy Christmas.”
“Merry Christmas, Pansy, Merry Christmas.”
 
 
During the year, Usagi talked to a lot of the Gryffindors even though she was a Slytherin.  She made friends with nearly all the Weaselys and also Hermoine and Harry.  One of her closest Gryffindor friends was still Wood.  He became the big brother that she never had, as Ron and Hermoine seemed like siblings.  Hermoine helped her with work when the two did homework in the library and Ron taught her chess.  She in turn tried to talk to Malfoy to have him ease up on the two.  At points Malfoy did listen to Usagi, which made Hermione and Ron happy, which then made Usagi happy.  And since Usagi was happy, Malfoy was happy.  The only one that wasn't totally happy was Harry. 
He was happy because at times Malfoy didn't bother him and he stayed out of his hair, but he wasn't as close to the person that he wanted to be, Usagi.   He was friends with her, but that was it.  Now even though he was still eleven and had plenty of time to date, he still cared deeply for Usagi and wished that they could be closer and spend more time with her.  For the longest time, Harry said nothing. He kept quiet about what he felt and he was still just normal friends with Usagi.  Nothing more, nothing less. Harry watched as days of silence turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months, soon their first year was over and he had already fought with Voldemort once.  His life was changing and he was growing up slightly, but still he was no where closer to Usagi.  But in their second year, when most of the school was against him thinking that he was the heir to slytherin, Usagi stayed by him and was still friends with him.  In their third year, Usagi was one of the people always telling him to not leave the school, when she heard of what happened in Diagon Alley, she was there to comfort Harry.  They became slightly closer that year, they shared a common bond and experience that they could cope with together.  Usagi had yet to tell Harry all of her past.  She had only told Wood and told Malfoy only a few things.
In their fourth year, Usagi was Harry's biggest cheerleader at every single event for the tri-wizard tournament, but at the same time she continually became closer to Malfoy.  When the end of the year came, Harry saw the two hug and kiss each other on the cheek as they parted.  Hermoine tried to tell Harry that it was okay for friends to hug each other.  She reminded him that they weren't going to see each other for two months. 
When everyone returned for there fifth year, there was uncertainty in the air because of the rise of voldemort.  Harry didn't see Usagi until after the sorting ceremony.  He excepted her to be sitting next to Malfoy but on to contrary she was sitting by herself at the end of the table and if anyone came near here she would glare at them.
“What wrong Harry?”  Hermoine asked concerned for his friend.
“Look at Usagi, I am worried.  Something is wrong I know it.”
“Maybe she is just in a bad mood.  Maybe this is her way of showing anger and pain.  She might of recently found out what happened last year, she does live with muggles you know.” Hermoine explained to Harry.
“Hermoine is right, Harry, she is just in a bad mood.  Talk to her tomorrow.”
“I guess.”  Harry went back to staring at Usagi, but another pair of eyes were also doing the same.  What happened this summer Usagi?  Both people thought.
 
Usagi had become a new person that no one recognized.  She spent hours in the library only behind a large stack of books.  She would go to class sit in the back and silently, leave do her work and then go to the library.  She only came down to dinner, never eating breakfast or lunch and even when she did eat it was very little.  As time continued, heavy bags developed beneath her eyes and her already small form became smaller.  She constantly looked weak and fragile, as if she was about to break.  Harry had tried to talk to her many times, but she always snapped at her that she was fine.  The only thing that Harry knew was that something happened over the summer and that it wasn't good.  Malfoy also knew that, but he also knew something else, Usagi was looking for something, but he had yet to figure out what the what was.  It was one month into the semester and Usagi looked like a walking ghost.  She was one her way to potions walked in back of all the Slytherins when she fainted, collapsing to the floor.  Malfoy saw this and rushed towards her.  He picked her up and rushed to the hospital wing, Crabbe and Goyle in tow.
When Malfoy made it to the hospital wing he placed Usagi on a bed and Madam Promfey got to work.  The whole time Malfoy stayed by her, sitting in a small chair next to her bed.  Malfoy watched Usagi sleep, she occasionally tossed slightly, but her sleeping seemed peaceful and dreamless.  After the time when potions would have normally ended, Snape and Dumbledore rushed into the hospital wing, both very worried.  As Malfoy explained to Snape and Dumbledore what had happened, Usagi stirred slightly and opened her eyes a crack, the three watched intently as a small smirk crossed Usagi's face.
“What?”  She asked silently.
“Do you want the long list or the short list?”
“Short, I am tired.”
“You collapsed because you haven't been and you have been burying yourself in the library all the time.  What are you looking for?”  Snape asked a tone of worry in his voice.
“I want to know my past.”
“Your past?”  Malfoy asked confused, he had thought she knew her past but didn't want to tell anyone.
“Yes, my past.  Maybe there I will be able to find out why every single death eater and Voldemort want to kill.  Why me adoptive father said that I was so heavily kept away from the Wizardry world.  Or maybe you two would like to tell as to why more people want me dead instead of alive.”  Snape and Dumbledore were shocked at how much and how little Usagi knew and Malfoy was shocked about the whole thing.  He didn't even know that she had an adoptive parent, let alone anything about people wanting her dead. Usagi held a lot back from him.
“Maybe we should talk about this when you are better.”  Dumbledore tried to calm Usagi to no avail.
“No, you are going to tell me right here and right now.  I am not waiting so that you can tell me when I am better.  I am fine and I want to know now!”
“Usagi, your father, well he wasn't too popular with that crowd.  You see he was totally against you-know-who and his followers, and as you know I was a spy for Dumbledore, pretending to be a death eater, he had close connections to what was happening.”
“But why would they want me dead instead of my father, my father died in a car accident.”
“That was a cover up.  A death eater caused that accident and then killed your father and step-mother.  As for your mother, you know that she was killed by your step-father.  I am sorry to tell you that he was a death eater.  By the time I found that out it was too late. My brother, and my sister-in-laws tried to keep you out of this world because they knew you-know-who would be after you.  He knows that you hold great power and if you are able to harness all of that power he could easily killed by you.  He wanted to eliminate that problem.”
“My adoptive father, he said…he said that he would be burying me six feet under before the year ended.  He said that they were coming and that I wouldn't see another summer.  He was happy about this, he wants me to die and he knows that they are going to kill me.  He said his master has risen again to his full glory.  He…he is on their side.  He has been the closest thing to family other than you since I was seven.  How could he do this to me?  I have only had one real father, only one who really cared for me.  Hell I have one father who hasn't beat me or raped me.”  By this point Usagi was histerically crying and Dumbledore had her in a comforting embrace.  Snape was looking at Usagi shocked.  He was seizing with anger.  That Bastard will pay! He thought. 
 
Two weeks later
 
        Things were about back to normal. Usagi was almost herself again, but she still stayed distant from many.  She occasionally talked to Hermoine, Ron and Harry, but she spent most of her time with Malfoy.  Everyone was packed into the dinning hall, merrily eating their dinner, when the lights when out.  Thus creating total and complete darkness.  A black void of emptiness.  And then they heard it.  The shrill voice that was as much breathy and starchy as it was creepy and almost un-human.  The voice spoke softly, yet everyone heard it, but very few understood what it meant.
 
“I am coming to get you Serenity.  I am coming to get you and there is nothing you can to do stop me.”
 
        Silence followed until a high pitched screamed filled the air.
 
 
 
 
THAT'S IT FOR CHAPTER 3!!  Sorry it took so long to update, I have been busy and I also wanted this chapter long.  Is it long enough??  Anyway as you probably can tell, the vote for the house is closed and the vote for the couple is just about decided as Malfoy, BUT you can keep voting a bit and for other couples and things you would like to see in the story ANYTHING!!  I will think about it and decide.  Please keep reviewing and the more you review the longer the chapter.  FOR EVERY PERSON WHO REVIEWS I WILL WRITE AT LEAST 100 to 150 WORDS AT MINIMUM!!  You review and I'll write.
 
 
 Now here would be the part where I thank each reviewer personally, but I am sorry that takes a really long time.  So I will thank you as a group, THANKIES FOR EVERYONE WHO REVIEWED!!
 
*silver moon goddess